Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Screenshots, Details & Gameplay Video (Release Date Announced: June 30th, 2017)

Parker

The real question is does the physical copy come with the same little manual they used as cover art in those early PlayStation games? Nothing will ever beat following the little manual to beat the first level and writing 'secret' codes in the note section in the back :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Probably not, but I could potentially see them announcing a collector's edition that has a PS1 style. It should include the CD case, the manual, etc. What better way to honour the original trilogy? Rise of the Tomb raider did something similar, although it wasn't up for sale.

Hide contents

3141526-t1.jpg

How awesome would that be!? I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one who'd purchase something like that in an instant. :D

Yeah, that'd be epic! After I first saw this version of ROTTR, I was disappointed to read that this version of the game wasn't actually going up for sale.

1 minute ago, LucasV9991 said:

Yeah, that'd be epic! After I first saw this version of ROTTR, I was disappointed to read that this version of the game wasn't actually going up for sale.

I have no idea why they didn't make it available for sale. I'm sure long-time Tomb Raider fans would have been all over it. I'm not even a huge Tomb Raider fan, but I would have totally bought that! :D Maybe they were concerned about doing a collector's edition for a game that had technically been out for a year already. That was a missed opportunity I thought.

I played one of these games back on my brother's PS1 but I really did not enjoy it. I had an N64 myself to go back to such a constricting level map (with, to me, bad controls) after getting to experience 3D open worlds was too much of a bother for me.

I might like them more this time around, it's looking pretty decent at least, but I won't go for it day one.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but the game is going to be $39.99 for the US. PS Store has it up for preorder. It somehow already has 581 ratings and an average of 4 stars out of 5

Is there a release date on it yet? As over here, can't see it on the online store, so not sure on the price it'll be or when it's to be released.

So... beautiful :') Thx god Activision arent working on this game, I dont even want to think want Sony will do with them If their Fucked Up, one of the great Ps franchice, the best scenario Is Sony NEVER release any Activision game In their System for the rest of their existence.

1 hour ago, DocVoltacon said:

So... beautiful :') Thx god Activision arent working on this game, I dont even want to think want Sony will do with them If their Fucked Up, one of the great Ps franchice, the best scenario Is Sony NEVER release any Activision game In their System for the rest of their existence.

Actually, Activision are the ones working on this game (more specifically, the Vicarious Visions developers which Activision have owned since 2005).

• Like 2

You know what they should really do since they are adding new features to the game such as the unified time trials and such? Taking influences from other Naughty Dog games since Crash, I think it would be cool if the N. Sane Trilogy implemented an "Extras" menu in the likes of what Jak II and 3 had where if you collected enough Precursor Orbs you would be able to toggle little fun gimmicks to the game, but with Crash it could be collecting all the gems, and hell, since it is a remake collection, they could even tie in all 3 games accumulatively to make it really rewarding. Obviously the big reward should be Stormy Ascent since that is one of the trilogy's most requested features, but even like, they could add in little things like a Skylanders Crash skin or a Fake Crash skin and so forth. Maybe Mirror World's stretching it a bit much, but just little things, and they could even pull a Twinsanity in making some of the bonuses concept art or some of the original TV commercials for the PS1 Crash games.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Actually, Activision are the ones working on this game (more specifically, the Vicarious Visions developers which Activision have owned since 2005).

Vicarious Visions ? My I remenber those guy their did all the Crash game on the Game Boy Advance back In 2000 era, I throught that company whent shut down since I never ear them since that time, at least I fell more relax know Crash Is on good care

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Is there a release date on it yet? As over here, can't see it on the online store, so not sure on the price it'll be or when it's to be released.

The store has the generic 12.31.2017 date listed. Only thing that's been confirmed was a 2017 release window. However, apparently 2 different Czech Republic retailers had the game listed as June 30th, which is a Friday. 

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

The store has the generic 12.31.2017 date listed. Only thing that's been confirmed was a 2017 release window. However, apparently 2 different Czech Republic retailers had the game listed as June 30th, which is a Friday. 

Ah, it's the same with Mighty Ape over here, it's just got a generic TBA for the release date (well, with everyone knowing it's a 2017 release, they update when they have a rough idea for a release date).

I did jump onto my PS4 to check, but no pre-order for it is available yet.  Granted, wont make a difference to me, gonna get a physical copy of the game myself :D

7 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

It has a release date of Dec 2017.

As I stated before, the release date is the generic placeholder that retailers give when there's no definitive release date. On the NA PS Store it currently says 12.31.2017 is the release date (which is a Sunday, and no games ever get released on Sunday), as does Gamestop, Amazon, etc. Once a for sure release date gets announced, retailers go into the listing, update it with the new and correct release date, and it'll end up saying something like 6.30.2017

Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite also does not have a definitive release date yet except for 2017, and it's listed as the same date as well.

Red Dead Redemption 2, which was confirmed for Fall 2017 but nothing more exact, also has 12.31.2017 as the release date

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Parker said:

Some more screenshots, god this game looks good. 

C4l90ZOWMAENRcV_zpsnexuquxq.jpg

Parker

I've seen some people speculating that this image reveals that N-Sane Trilogy will have a Photo Mode - the camera angle is never this during this level in the original, + there's no checkpoint box, so it can't be the animation of Crash jumping on the polar bear when he respawns.

I don't really see the point of a photo mode in Crash tbh. It's not an open world game where you can discover stuff nobody else will see. There's no day/night cycle. What you see is what everyone else is going to see, so why spend time taking photos? Although it won't do any harm if it is included, I guess.