Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Screenshots, Details & Gameplay Video (Release Date Announced: June 30th, 2017)

Parker

It is like that in the remaster

This guy dies in the video but still gets the "You missed x boxes!" screen, whereas in the original it would've just cut back to the overworld.

Also, bonus game boxes are now necessary.

Not sure how I feel about this tbh... It does feel like they're taking the challenge out, but then they're also adding in time trials to make it harder, so... why not leave box counting the way it was and have time trials?

Holy s**t you can re-attempt the Tawna bonus stages without having to redo the level...

I hope they have a trophy for 105% in CB3! :>

What I would want to see fixed is how you can fall off sideways in side scrolling sections like bonus rounds. That shit annoyed me so much in the original game. It seems they have fixed this, that's all I wanted fixed in CB1 TBH.

I see they "remade" the soundtrack too. Some of the original tunes are so much more eerie and raw, loved that about the game. Now it feels like plastic fantastic.

Edited by MMDE

I hope they have a trophy for 105% in CB3! :>

What I would want to see fixed is how you can fall off sideways in side scrolling sections like bonus rounds. That shit annoyed me so much in the original game. It seems they have fixed this, that's all I wanted fixed in CB1 TBH.

I see they "remade" the soundtrack too. Some of the original tunes are so much more eerie and raw, loved that about the game. Now it feels like plastic fantastic.

I hope they'll bring an option for the classic soundtrack. Custom soundtrack support would be fine, too.

I hope they'll bring an option for the classic soundtrack. Custom soundtrack support would be fine, too.

Not Being a Remaster but a Remake officially i doubt that but it's like in FFX a Re-Arrangement of the classic sound and music so it should be great :)

Not Being a Remaster but a Remake officially i doubt that but it's like in FFX a Re-Arrangement of the classic sound and music so it should be great :)

AFAIK, they didn't actually redo more than about half of the tracks in FFX.

I'd love the option though, because I have no doubt they will make far inferior versions of some of the original tracks. Honestly, wouldn't be a big problem if they left the better tracks alone and redid the worse ones. :P

No fan of the plastic look these games seems to have so far, especially not for the first game, because I love how gritty the original is.

I kinda want to hear how they tackle these tracks, because that will determine if they're doing a good job with the soundtrack or not:

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Yeah the trailer said 2017. Can't wait! :D

Good, cause I need to play this next year... even if watching gameplay of it and watching how bad someone was at the first level.  Sure, they got the gem, but it was annoying me how they were spinning the jumpy crates, ignoring all the fruit... but hey, game still looks awesome, I must have it :D

I really hope all the levels will be like that too, that you can get all crates without having to worry about death at all, otherwise, it'll be a bit too tough for me I think xD

I'd love the option though, because I have no doubt they will make far inferior versions of some of the original tracks. Honestly, wouldn't be a big problem if they left the better tracks alone and redid the worse ones. :P

No fan of the plastic look these games seems to have so far, especially not for the first game, because I love how gritty the original is.

I kinda want to hear how they tackle these tracks, because that will determine if they're doing a good job with the soundtrack or not:

I'm just mostly concerned about Warped in not just the soundtrack, but everything in general like the level design since it has the most diversity. But what I'm concerned about most of all with the remasters is the updated voice cast, most particularly Aku Aku and Uka Uka. No one plays Uka Uka as effectively as Clancy Brown does with that kind of performance scaring the crap out of you and giving you nightmares, but in a good and memorable way. Then Aku Aku it's just like, I can't take the Aku Aku in Crash of the Titans as seriously. I can't imagine they'd be allowed to get away with it since they really are trying to be faithful, but please god don't give us Crash of the Titans gay Tiny again.

But soundtrack wise, I want Oriental Express/Midnight Run, the Medieval levels, Egypt, Arabia, the skull routes, and Dingodile's theme to be perfect alongside the ones you already listed from 2.

And this...

• Like 1

And this...

I love a part of the melody for that track, but I'd actually prefer to see it changed a bit and keep the melody more central. I can totally see them failing hard at this though, and make it super bad.

Anyway, the tracks I picked was of a bit different stuff I think was nailed well the first time around and had a sound I'm skeptical they will actually match with a remaster.

Edited by MMDE

I am so excited for the return of Crash Bandicoot next year. But I'm wondering what kind of new features they're adding. I hope they add the power ups you get from defeating bosses as seen in Crash 3 and Wrath of Cortex (Well, Wrath of Cortex has  a power-up you can find in a old stage and it is optional.).

I'm so thrilled for this!!! It's a day one buy for me, in fact, i've already bought the game ( xD, joking). I got to think about it and if they released a brand new Crash game, with different levels and assets, the nostalgia could kick in and affect our likeness for the game. In this case, a "remaster", it's a win-win!

Hopefully if this remaster gets a lot of sales, Activision would see that there's still a market for Crash out there and could make a new Crash game in the future, but for now this is the best we can get.

Let's hope for the best ;)

Edited by bpmotard

I am so excited for the return of Crash Bandicoot next year. But I'm wondering what kind of new features they're adding. I hope they add the power ups you get from defeating bosses as seen in Crash 3 and Wrath of Cortex (Well, Wrath of Cortex has  a power-up you can find in a old stage and it is optional.).

Hopefully not for anything other than Crash Bandicoot 3. In CB3 they are pretty essential to complete the game. Everything from insane jumps, to out of touch crates, speedrun etc. :P

I'm just mostly concerned about Warped in not just the soundtrack, but everything in general like the level design since it has the most diversity. But what I'm concerned about most of all with the remasters is the updated voice cast, most particularly Aku Aku and Uka Uka. No one plays Uka Uka as effectively as Clancy Brown does with that kind of performance scaring the crap out of you and giving you nightmares, but in a good and memorable way. Then Aku Aku it's just like, I can't take the Aku Aku in Crash of the Titans as seriously. I can't imagine they'd be allowed to get away with it since they really are trying to be faithful, but please god don't give us Crash of the Titans gay Tiny again.

But soundtrack wise, I want Oriental Express/Midnight Run, the Medieval levels, Egypt, Arabia, the skull routes, and Dingodile's theme to be perfect alongside the ones you already listed from 2.

I don't know why so many people thought Tiny was intended to sound gay in Titans as it was a Mike Tyson impersonation. Maybe a dated reference even then?

Anyway I am cautiously optimistic about this. I didn't realise just how much of a visual overhaul they'd give it. I honestly just assumed they'd touch it up a little bit like all remasters but this looks like it's had a lot of work put into it, and given how early in development it seems to be, not to mention the fact that they have to do all three games I can't see anything other than a late 2017 release for this. I'm about 70/30 excited for this. On the one hand it's great that it looks to be essentially a 1/1 remake of the game with better visuals (even down to the opening cutscene being practically identical) the new physics have me a bit worried at this stage.

It actually runs at a much higher clip than the originals did but seems to lack that smoothness of movement, which just goes to show just how technically proficient Naughty Dog were back then (and yes I do mean then. They got worse later on in my opinion). Crash looks really clunky to control, and doesn't look like he physically fits into the levels, always feeling like he's inches away from bumping his head into the ceiling, though it is still early in development, most likely so they have plenty of time to fix it up. I also don't like how collecting things feels like the game is just clicking and dragging them rather than that satisfying pickup effect you get in the original games. The visuals when taken as standalone are absolutely gorgeous, but the ruins levels look way to clean and pristine, which leads me to wonder how they screw that up but get the feel of Heavy Machinery down perfectly. The music is also a mixed bag. For N Sanity Beach it seemed like they wanted to add a lot of instruments just because they could as opposed to what feels right for the level. The original track was subdued and welcoming; easing you into the game for the challenge to come. I feel it lacks punch now and the added percussion just robs it off the impact it has. I felt the same way about the ORAS soundtrack as well; most of that lacked punch and bass and felt really washed out. Heavy Machinery conversely is perfect. It feels just as industrial as the original track and the level looks to be visually done well too. 

So yeah, first impressions are slightly mixed but cautiously optimistic. 

STFU and take my money! 

On a related note, i wish Crash Bash was also included in this aswell :(

Crash Party Pack?

Including Bash and CTR??

My sofa parties currently consist of Fibbage (etc.) and Worms, so Crash party games are definitely a buy for me, I think that'd go down great in everyone else's eyes too! 

...and who knows, if the sales for this go through the roof (which I'm sure they will) surely there's an incentive to remake the whole PS1 era.

Only trouble is Bash was made by Eurocom who are now bankrupt so I don't know if they can salvage original files and such from them like they did with ND. 

Also:

CRASHCRY.png

Edited by alt-James

Maybe the same goes to Europe, 40€

If that price it's true (Which i Hope, it would be Really honest not like 50/60 for FFXII....) for US then it's for sure the same just in € for us, it's always like that with every game.

Edited by Puriddu9427

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:16 AM, alt-James said:

Crash Party Pack?

Including Bash and CTR??

My sofa parties currently consist of Fibbage (etc.) and Worms, so Crash party games are definitely a buy for me, I think that'd go down great in everyone else's eyes too! 

...and who knows, if the sales for this go through the roof (which I'm sure they will) surely there's an incentive to remake the whole PS1 era.

Only trouble is Bash was made by Eurocom who are now bankrupt so I don't know if they can salvage original files and such from them like they did with ND. 

Also:

CRASHCRY.png

If that is the box art, I think that is pretty cool looking.