Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Anyway, in the almost 20 years since I first attended college, I've met enough people with different views that I've learned to accept that people like different things, and I'm not going to change them. Your comment just took me by surprise because in my experience, video gaming goes hand-in-hand with Star Wars and other "geeky" things. Oh well, you learn something new every day! 

I guess I'm a special snowflake then. :D

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

As an update for the event, I now have Severed ready to pop (it will take me about 5 seconds since I let the game autosave right before walking through the room to get the Burdened trophy), and Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls should only take a few minutes to get that last Lily Rank pair from level 4 to 5. I also launched Mutant Blobs Attack last night and reviewed my level scores. It was actually a lot better than I thought. I only have about 10 levels left where I need get gold stars and/or blob friends. Even more surprisingly, I only had one "tilt-a-blob" level that needed a gold star. It was the first and easiest one, which I quickly got gold in last night. So with that out of the way, the 100% should be very doable. I'm glad this game doesn't need speed runs, because I hate those. Slowly going through and getting all the points, now that I can do. B)

Congrats about Severed. To be honest the game was rather easy as soon as I understood the difference between long and short slashes. Sadly, that point was the infamous fight in the air on the way to the father's memento. Up till that point I always used short and hasty slashes instead of long ones. :facepalm:

The Tilt-A-Blob levels were the coolest in Mutant Blobs Attack. And overall the game is much easier than it's predecessor, which actually has some time-based challenges and IMO those are quite unforgiving.

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Now I'm considering adding Soul Sacrifice to my list. That game is the bane of me in terms of getting the Platinum, but I always keep in installed in the hopes that one day I'll finish it and be able to delete it with some satisfaction (and I actually really like the game, until the difficulty spiked up to 11 on a handful of missions at the end). I only have a few Avalon Pacts, and if I can find someone willing to carry me through those last really nasty ones in Chapter 9 and 10, the Platinum will be mine. It might be hard to pop the Platinum on the correct date (especially since I'll be working that day), but I'm going to give it a shot. I think I can save one of the relatively easy pacts for last and probably solo that one. If you're not familiar with the game, it locks and unlocks particular missions/pacts after beating a different pact with one of two different outcomes (Sacrificing or Saving the boss). Because I still need to play a couple of the unlocking pacts, I'm not sure how difficult the pacts are that get unlocked from that, since they have always been locked for me.

I know the basic mechanics of Soul Sacrifice and I gave the demo a go but I didn't really like it. It's not that game itself but it seems like I don't enjoy these type of games. I tried Monster Hunter, Freedom Wars, and Toukiden and for all I got bored right at the beginning.. The basic idea sounded cool, though. And even if you won't make it through the pacts until the 22nd I wish you good luck with those pacts.

1 hour ago, azlanslayer said:

I'd like to join :)

I'll probably pop fifa 13 for this, only left about 25 games before I get the online trophy. If not, I'll go purchase some easy vita plat for this :P 

Welcome to the event. :)

If you want easy games, just take a look at my list. xD 

12 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Welcome back. :) 

Thanks! I just entered Chapter 2 in the game and completed all of the Chapter 1 challenge. The last two involving Octavio were insanely difficult and I nearly rage-quit on the last one as I kept dying. (They buff the enemies a lot during the challenges if anyone is interested in this game.)

You can mark Day of the Tentacle Remastered as ready to pop now. :D 

I guess it's now time for some reading so I can get 5 plats for the 5th birthday. I was planning to go with the trophy you suggested me to use in Amnesia but what RNG are you talking about? I figured I'd be fine as long as I left one of the CGs that doesn't have multiple phrases for the same spot as the last CG.

On 2/2/2017 at 8:03 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Honestly I don't know which trophy is best to save for last in Code: Realize (maybe you could forcefully ignore one True Ending) but the Secrets Revealed-trophy in Amnesia could be a good choice. Just leave one of the still images out. Although it could also be a quite troublesome trophy if the RNG decides against.

I'll think about Code: Realize once I'm done with Amneasia and, like you said, if I can't think of anything better I could still leave an ending for later.

6 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I'll think about Code: Realize once I'm done with Amneasia and, like you said, if I can't think of anything better I could still leave an ending for later.

The best one to save for last is the glossary one.  After doing one route, just use the chapter select to get on the rest of them easily.  Once you finish the remaining routes more than likely you'll need a couple of glossary terms you missed in the common route which makes that an easy one to save for last.  In fact if I remember right, there's a glossary term or two from the training sessions with Lupin and you can't get those until you unlock his route, so if you always use the chapter select for the route, you will have to go back for those.

Another easy option to ensure you don't get the glossary one is to save his bad end 2 for last since that's going to net a glossary term as well and is very easily avoided.

Edited by ladynadiad

On 09/02/2017 at 9:24 AM, Mendant909 said:

That's usually the k........

Thanks, I'll try starting Tearaway next week and if you do start another Vita LEGO game hopefully it'll be more enjoyable. At least the guides say they take about fifteen hours, yay?

Hey man, 

I agree with uncharted bought it coz i enjoyed the console versions and was hoping it would be my first vita plat. But after one playthrough i didnt care for it and wanted to get to the next game.

I see you were talking about ricketbirds hardboiled chicken earlier. I loved this game was absolutely hilarious and the soundtrack, especially in that boss fight you mentioned, was great. As for the boss fight on hard mode the giant guy isnt difficult to beat once you figure out how it works. Firstly, never aim a grenade when crouching, takes your aim off. If you aim at his head while standing up then when u aim again while standing later it will already be aimed at that height even if u were rolling/crouching inbetween just dont aim while crouching. Then as far as the boss goes just be ready to crouch roll away every time u land a hit and when he laughs quickly roll to the otherside coz this is your chance. Overall its easy once u try a few times and there isnt really time consuming or difficult trophies. Multiplayer is easy and can be done in a few hours easy. 

As for tearaway, yes yes yes best of the three definitely. I eventually bought digital because it was hard to find a physical one and i couldnt wait lol. But i was very happy that i did l. Its a really fun game with a great trophy list that makes you enjoy the game. Did have a small glitch though but just had to replay one level and it sorted its self out. Highly recommended!!!

So, updating. Rise died her job, and I am currently on my 2nd playthrough of Persona 4. Things are looking up.

13 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

:blink: I'm not exactly sure how things are looking up, unless you hate Rise.. Or her job? 

That was the most hilarious typo in the game. xD

Edited by NebbyLunala

1 hour ago, El_Shubi said:

Hey man, 

I agree with uncharted bought it coz i enjoyed the console versions and was hoping it would be my first vita plat. But after one playthrough i didnt care for it and wanted to get to the next game.

I see you were talking about ricketbirds hardboiled chicken earlier. I loved this game was absolutely hilarious and the soundtrack, especially in that boss fight you mentioned, was great. As for the boss fight on hard mode the giant guy isnt difficult to beat once you figure out how it works. Firstly, never aim a grenade when crouching, takes your aim off. If you aim at his head while standing up then when u aim again while standing later it will already be aimed at that height even if u were rolling/crouching inbetween just dont aim while crouching. Then as far as the boss goes just be ready to crouch roll away every time u land a hit and when he laughs quickly roll to the otherside coz this is your chance. Overall its easy once u try a few times and there isnt really time consuming or difficult trophies. Multiplayer is easy and can be done in a few hours easy. 

As for tearaway, yes yes yes best of the three definitely. I eventually bought digital because it was hard to find a physical one and i couldnt wait lol. But i was very happy that i did l. Its a really fun game with a great trophy list that makes you enjoy the game. Did have a small glitch though but just had to replay one level and it sorted its self out. Highly recommended!!!

Can't say I share your love for Rocketbirds. It's nice to see your intentions in giving me advice on the game, but I completed that game months ago.

Hopefully the trophy list does add enjoyment to playing Tearaway. I've had enough glitches with Golden Abyss, not looking eager to more for a long time.

14 hours ago, xFalionx said:

You can mark Day of the Tentacle Remastered as ready to pop now. :D 

I guess it's now time for some reading so I can get 5 plats for the 5th birthday. I was planning to go with the trophy you suggested me to use in Amnesia but what RNG are you talking about? I figured I'd be fine as long as I left one of the CGs that doesn't have multiple phrases for the same spot as the last CG.

Updated your status.

And what I meant is the fact that the the lines spoken can be be kinda random when touching the mentioned points of the CGs. But when you stick to the guide and keep one CG with only one phrase for last it should be easy to handle.

• Like 1

whew, finally.. an update. Wrapped up Criminal Girls 2 and ready to pop on 02/22.

*skims stuffs* hmmm... just some mumbling if anyone is interested... For Amnesia, the trophy I left for that game before platting is getting all Endings(I left one Bad Ending). For Code;Realize, I left one Extra Story.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

New update here : I added Letter Quest Remastered and Monster Monpiece to the *ready to pop* list.

Monster Monpiece is a nice little game, I enjoyed building my deck to be more and more efficient. It does require a lot of "rubbing" though, my wrist hurts really bad. I still have 17 cards to get to obtain the last trophy.

I really have to take care of that "probably" list now. AirshipQ is not that difficult but it's very time consuming because there is literally no guides or maps available (in English or even in Japanese), same for Fate/Extella, that game is more challenging than I thought, the Very Hard mode is very hard indeed. I can barely clear lvl40 maps with my lvl74 character. Maybe I'll go back to WOFF tomorrow, need to find some motivation first.

Western Birthday:
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f *ready to pop*
- √Letter *ready to pop*
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song *ready to pop*
- Teslagrad *ready to pop*
- Whispering Willows *ready to pop*

- Letter Quest Remastered *ready to pop*

- Monster Monpiece *ready to pop*

Probably:
- AirshipQ
- Color Guardians
- Demon Gaze
- Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
- World of Final Fantasy

• Like 3

On 2/10/2017 at 3:24 PM, Crimson Idol said:

The Tilt-A-Blob levels were the coolest in Mutant Blobs Attack. And overall the game is much easier than it's predecessor, which actually has some time-based challenges and IMO those are quite unforgiving.

Wait, wasn't the Vita version a port (with some changes)? It's not actually a sequel, right? I've never played the PS3 version, but if it's substantially different, it's worth a look! 

Well, it is looking more and more possible that I can get the plat for Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ready to pop by the 22nd.  I'm about to beat the game, and that is likely to net me another 11 trophies right off the bat.  The only somewhat tricky trophy left then would be the Handbook for the Recently Deceased one and the one for the ghosts winning in Hypernatural.  The rest are just grindy.  Have to do a second run for Handbook for the Recently Deceased, but the fact that levels carry over will help a lot because a lot of the time spent so far was me trying to build levels.

I'm guessing the best to save for last is the one for the 50 wins at Hypernatural since the game can be easily avoided until it's time to grind wins.  It will be awesome if I can pull this off since Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is also an Ultra Rare platinum and a Vita exclusive.

• Like 1

Hey, absolutely love this idea and want to join in...this will give motivation to play PS4 less and give the vita some attention.

Games - Minimum 

Wolf Among Us

Walking Dead S2

If the day job allows, i'll try to get a couple to complete of the below:

Gravity Rush

Killzone Mercenary 

Grimsby Fandgo

Day of the Tentacle

• Like 1

Personal info first:
LEGO Hobbit is ready to pop. I enjoyed it much more than the LEGO Movie-game. And although I really liked that board game-like overworld I have to say that keeping track of the quests on there is a big PITA. I nearly thought my save is glitched as the game showed 100% and I didn't get the trophy for doing all quests. It actually turns out that there are 5 more quests than required for building all objects and I had to skim through the regions. Turned out that I overlooked two quests. One in Lake Town and one in Dale. :shakefist: 

For now I need a break of the LEGO-games though. Luckily, City Undercover releases in May so there's a bit of break. And now I will retackle the Caribbean Sea in Black Flag. :awesome:

13 hours ago, Myu said:

New update here : I added Letter Quest Remastered and Monster Monpiece to the *ready to pop* list.

Monster Monpiece is a nice little game, I enjoyed building my deck to be more and more efficient. It does require a lot of "rubbing" though, my wrist hurts really bad. I still have 17 cards to get to obtain the last trophy.

I really have to take care of that "probably" list now. AirshipQ is not that difficult but it's very time consuming because there is literally no guides or maps available (in English or even in Japanese), same for Fate/Extella, that game is more challenging than I thought, the Very Hard mode is very hard indeed. I can barely clear lvl40 maps with my lvl74 character. Maybe I'll go back to WOFF tomorrow, need to find some motivation first.

Updated your list. And even if you won't be able to finish any of your probably games the list of "ready to pop"-games is still impressive. :)

10 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Should be my one and only update before the actual event day - Ready to pop platinum for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir by 22nd (leaving out all skills acquired trophy) after i finish true end and churning rift tomorrow. This will also most likely be my 4000th overall trophy.

8 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Please add Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair for me as ready to pop :)

Updated both your lists. 

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, it is looking more and more possible that I can get the plat for Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ready to pop by the 22nd.  I'm about to beat the game, and that is likely to net me another 11 trophies right off the bat. 

Nice to hear that you progress well with the game. And 11 trophies? Sounds inbalanced and personally I don't like those games at all. I prefer lists that give you a trophy from time to time.

4 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

I have motorstorm rc ready to pop ^_^

Congrats. Somehow this is still the best RC-racer that's available on PlayStation-platforms IMO.

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

I finallly started to prepare for this event, I'm going to have Root Letter ready for this (and Adventures of Mana, if I can).

Good luck with both of them.

50 minutes ago, Jon22264 said:

Hey, absolutely love this idea and want to join in...this will give motivation to play PS4 less and give the vita some attention.

Games - Minimum 

Wolf Among Us

Walking Dead S2

If the day job allows, i'll try to get a couple to complete of the below:

Gravity Rush

Killzone Mercenary 

Grimsby Fandgo

Day of the Tentacle

Welcome to the event. Added you and your games to the list.

I hope you won't have any performance problems while playing the Telltale-games. At least Wolf Among Us runs like crap during some parts. :|

9 hours ago, Devil_Max said:

Hi are you ok?

I want to Enter on this to i like very mutch the PSVITA and i want to plat some games on this date but dont no yeat what gonna plat but i think the First are Disney Infinity 2.0 for psvita! ;)

Welcome. :) Added you to the list.  

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Wait, wasn't the Vita version a port (with some changes)? It's not actually a sequel, right? I've never played the PS3 version, but if it's substantially different, it's worth a look! 

Mutant Blobs Attack is completely different from About A Blob. It may have some similar surroundings and similar gameplay but overall the levels (and the story) are different. it even has a co-op mode.

Edited by Crimson Idol