New Site Update Issues

Parker

there have been several lengthy discussions about trophy rarity and suggestions as to how it should be displayed...i think it has left many of us wondering its relevance as is...the most recent forum on the matter can be found here...

feel free to read through it and revive it should the mood strike you...i'm gonna stay out of this one aside from pointing you in this direction as it kind of did my head in the last time...i'm guessing the debate of which stat is most accurate has made it an eternal topic of confusion, debate, and something that is probably left to the stats page...all i got...

• Like 1

One small thing that I was made aware of by max654:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43623-giveaway-shantae-half-genie-hero-download-code-eu-version-vita-ps4/?do=findComment&comment=1191994

In the former forum software it was possible to alter your votes in poll by deleting your choice and redoing the poll. Is it somehow possible to bring this option back?

14 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Don't need to see one on one conversations between two members in the Recent Status Updates box on the forum's main page. If I wanted to see those, I'd bring up the complete list of updates like what the old forum did.

Not sure what you mean.  I see status updates are condensed and replies are all hidden. 

53a09adcb070494dac11f59cf388e08d.png

See, 10 replies underneath DamagingRob's status. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

Appreciate making our avatars square again, but the size is just too small. I would like them to be brought back to the same resolution we had on the IP Boards.

Signatures are not visible while browsing the forum as a guest. In my opinion guest should be able to see them as that how i was able to learn about PSNProfiles (by clicking on the trophy card and learning about this website).

Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

I feel like someone already mentioned this. When updating my trophy card on the front page. If I type in my name and push enter or click on the designated typing area and click my name (because I get really lazy at times) it just says "Validating" and is stuck there..

If I type in my name and click "update user" it works just fine.. It just kinda bothers me since I'm used to ether typing and entering or selecting my name since sometimes people don't want to type their entire name out..

Not important suggestion below. It just personally bothers me idk.

Also is there something to fix the format of me pushing enter on here, like spacing wise? (if that makes any sense)

Like for example this sentence. I just wanted to start a new line, but it's personally bothering me how it's not close against the sentence above. Is there a way to fix this or is this just the way it is.. It's just personally bothering me.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

It's a small nag, but when checking a countries overall leaderboards and then switching to a specific consoles leaderboard, the country selection will revert back to 'global' and you will have to manually change it back to the country you were viewing again, wouldn't it make more sense for the country option you selected to carry over when you check another systems leaderboard?

Edited by Orphioon

2 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Not important suggestion below. It just personally bothers me idk.

Also is there something to fix the format of me pushing enter on here, like spacing wise? (if that makes any sense)

Like for example this sentence. I just wanted to start a new line, but it's personally bothering me how it's not close against the sentence above. Is there a way to fix this or is this just the way it is.. It's just personally bothering me.

I'm not sure if Sly can change this via configuration or by altering the editor's code itself but in the meantime you can remember the following: SHIFT + ENTER.
If you keep the SHIFT-key pressed while hitting the ENTER-button the editor will do a soft break and won't start a new paragraph. Obviously this only works when using a full-fledged keyboard.

Personally I would also prefer if that would be the default behavior and only when you hit ENTER two times that it would create a new paragraph.

Edited by Crimson Idol

1 hour ago, OverNlNEthousand said:

My only complaint is the posting. The double spacing makes everything seem so far apart, and I'd like to edit posts/signature in BBcode view.

If you use shift+enter, you can post on a new line without the double spacing...
Like this.

I'm missing a BBCode mode as well.

• Like 4

Another issue I have come accross 

When searching games doesn't work properly 

for example

I typed in LEGO and loads of the games were missing the Indiana Jones game for example

And when I typed in Walking Dead they all cam up but so did dead rising among others

5 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Don't need to see one on one conversations between two members in the Recent Status Updates box on the forum's main page. If I wanted to see those, I'd bring up the complete list of updates like what the old forum did.

^ Totally agree with this. Also, if a person posts on 5 different profiles, will all those 5 conversations appear on the main forum page? That would be pretty annoying if so. Old way was better.

Also.. Is it possible to increase the size of forum avatars a bit?

Edit : I also just noticed there's no way to see if a member is online through the threads. There was a green dot before, next to their name IIRC, could you bring that feature back if possible?

Edited by IntenseFATE98

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm missing a BBCode mode as well.

I never thought I'd say I miss bbcode(would prefer less restrictions than bbcode offers). But I really really miss the code view as well. 

I don't think this has been brought up but I'm not able to change my vote in the song vote poll. Is this all polls? Also doesn't seem to show what I voted for with an asterisk like the old polls. 

Edited by Dav9834
Additional details

8 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

Edit : I also just noticed there's no way to see if a member is online through the threads. There was a green dot before, next to their name IIRC, could you bring that feature back if possible?

That way is sorta still there. If you hover over a name the green dot will be there next to Last Visited, and there will be a "currently viewing" section underneath that.
If they are offline the dot will be gone and so will the currently viewing section.

Waited a few days to get rid of the most issues, so here´s what bother me right now ^^

- In the "Country Rank" everyone is down few thousands ranks (depending on country). However global Leaderboard works fine. Maybe it will fixed after next weekly rank update?!

- If i click on a new status update in "Notifications" im still getting to the profile site instead of the status update site as it was before (hope that isnt a new feature ^^)

- Is it possible to bring back the filter "Incomplete" at the profiles game section? Sorting by 100% or rather platinum is great, but i want back both :)

- Beside the update, i really dont get it....what´s the meaning of the Trophy Advisor? It´s just a rarity list of all trophies and i don´t see why i should use it ^^

hmm, there was more..i should had put it on paper. Thanks for your attention :wave:

3 hours ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

Also.. Is it possible to increase the size of forum avatars a bit?

It is possible to increase the resolution, as i have seen other IPS forums with avatars bigger than those we had while this forum was under IP Boards (personally i want to the previous resolution back, not some small upgrade). But i suppose other things are taking a priority right now (trophy cards, etc.)

Another feedback i would like to provide is to make forum profiles only visible if you are currently logged in. For me that's no a problem as i don't have any personal information on my profile, but seeing as some people have been requested it (and is possible on the IPS boards) might as well add such privacy feature that was available on the old site.

Edited by Aranea Highwind