New Site Update Issues

Parker

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Edge = Windows 10?
If so, you can check by going here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-screen-resolution-display-change-windows-10-a.html

You may also check on what value the slider for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items on this display" is set on. Even if your display resolution is larger than than the minium width of 1400 it may be too small to see everything as everything is enlarged. But it's rather likely that the slider is set to a value above 100% as it's the default for most laptops.

I checked using Chrome and firefox also. And neither is working. I'll check that site out.

Just now, snakebit10 said:

I checked using Chrome and firefox also. And neither is working. I'll check that site out.

You might also try using the browser-specific zoom which you can use by holding the CTRL-key and then either moving the mouse wheel (if you have one) or pressing the minus-button --> CTRL + - will reduce the zoom for the site.

13 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Edge = Windows 10?
If so, you can check by going here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-screen-resolution-display-change-windows-10-a.html

You may also check on what value the slider for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items on this display" is set on. Even if your display resolution is larger than than the minium width of 1400 it may be too small to see everything as everything is enlarged. But it's rather likely that the slider is set to a value above 100% as it's the default for most laptops.

1366x768 is the highest mine goes

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You might also try using the browser-specific zoom which you can use by holding the CTRL-key and then either moving the mouse wheel (if you have one) or pressing the minus-button --> CTRL + - will reduce the zoom for the site.

10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Resolution shouldn't be an issue as the browser and site automatically resizes for what resolution your running. 

Though I don't know what's causing the issue, I'd rather not see you spend time barking up the wrong tree. 

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Resolution shouldn't be an issue as the browser and site automatically resizes for what resolution your running. 

Though I don't know what's causing the issue, I'd rather not see you spend time barking up the wrong tree. 

I don't know then. I do know reducing text size from 100% to 85% I can now see the recent players for popular games. The text is to small for me to keep it there though.

25 minutes ago, Tomy_IV said:

Average rarity have been out for a long time now. And I was getting into the Rarity aswell. And it will show how many easy games people are playing. And harder games for getting low Rarity which. My goal was getting it down to 42.00%.Avarage rarity. Played too many easy games before. And doing everything higher then 3/10 Difficulty games to get it closer to 42.00%. But now it's removed i dont know what to go for anymore. Going for Completion % isnt enough for me    

No, actually, average rarity was a sign whether someone was a completionist or not. Low average rarity? In most cases that just meant they didn't do DLC trophies.

But because DLC rarity is fucked up and has been for years now, completionists are getting loads of 90-100% trophies, regardless of difficulty, which really destroys their average rarity stat. I say that until DLC rarity is repaired to what it used to be, average rarity should be removed entirely (even from statistics page) as it's a broken stat.

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

1366x768 is the highest mine goes

Seems like this resolution is too small then. :/

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

This might be true but that column seems to be configured so that it hides behind the fixed columns on the right and only shows up when the resolution is a bit larger. As I didn't knew the JavaScript to input into the URL for the resizing I used http://www.resizebrowser.com/ and set the window-resolution of the browser to 1366x768 and after that I visited the Recent Games-tab. And the list of recent players didn't show up. After I zoomed out (to 90%) it showed up.

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't know then. I do know reducing text size from 100% to 85% I can now see the recent players for popular games. The text is to small for me to keep it there though.

Good thing: Now we know what the cause is. Still bad that you can't see the info without using a zoom you can't work with, though. 

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

This might be true but that column seems to be configured so that it hides behind the fixed columns on the right and only shows up when the resolution is a bit larger. As I didn't knew the JavaScript to input into the URL for the resizing I used http://www.resizebrowser.com/ and set the window-resolution of the browser to 1366x768 and after that I visited the Recent Games-tab. And the list of recent players didn't show up. After I zoomed out (to 90%) it showed up.

Good thing: Now we know what the cause is. Still bad that you can't see the info without using a zoom you can't work with, though. 

I'll see what it is like later when I get on my PS4. I know Psnprofiles has been messed up the browser since the update launched.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Was there a scroll bar at the bottom? When it wasn't showing? 

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't see what you are looking at. I'm talking about when you click the games list at top of the page and selecting a letter. It then showed a number for recent players and the total amount of players for particular game.

The site adapts to smaller resolutions, it takes that out for you because essentially that resolution is very small (it's usually used on mobile phones now) and it wants to keep the games list uncluttered for mobile users.

I'm using Chrome on my S6. 

The 'Monthly Activity' and 'Trophy Progression' graphs are not functioning properly. Both of the bar graphs are working fine. 

With Monthly Activity, I tap the screen and the line + info shows up about 1.5 inches to the left of where I touch. 

With Trophy Progression, no line is displaying at all. 

I can scroll and zoom both fine, but I can't see the data I want. I realize this is a small issue, just wanted to make you aware. 

Edited by Hemiak

8 hours ago, Mar said:

@fisty123 Assuming this is true as well, I think thats definitely pushing it. Every 5000... The system is assuming were all no life trophy hunters and are all trophy hunters who buy a new game every week and earn trophies everyday. Ridding every 500th eventually, makes sense, thus auto making it every 1000th, but then increasing to every 5000?

So assuming those complaints are true, im going to have to say the new trophy milestone system is flawed and bad. I do want to know how people like you have found out about this complicated system though, because it requires moderate research to find something like this out.

On my profile up trophy 10,000 has a milestone at every 1,000 mark but this is missing for 11,000 and 12,000. I checked others who have unlocked over 20,000 trophies and then next normal milestone trophy after 10,000 is 15,000 and then 20,000 being the next one. My main issue that this gap is too big, I seen a post on another topic that has a screenshot of having the plat and trophy count milestones separate that show your latest top 5 of each category but then allows you to expand to view them all, something like this actually looked rather nice.

I also spotted something minor :)

When searching for games, all no-Platinum-games have a Symbol for the Platinum Trophy (and the corresponding number 0 of course).

pp_zpswlogmlzh.jpeg

On "the old site", no-Plat-games just had the info on Gold/Silver/Bronze, which is of course a nice quick overview-functionality.

If you just look at the most recent trophy lists, it looks alright, and no-Plat-games don't have the Zero Plat image and number.

(Also I'm not sure, why some games with totally different names appear while searching? Most of those don't have the term on any of the trophies or their descriptions or on the whole page at all)

Whenever I will find something, I will post it in this thread. I really love the new update and want to help as much as possible :)

(I'm also kinda stoked to see, that something I suggested is now implemented :) )

Thanks to Sly and all the crew for this update! :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Did the ability to delete Status replies get taken away as well? I somehow replied twice to a status so I was going to delete one (to keep it clean) but can't figure out how to do that? That was there before the update so it should still be there now.

You can't delete status replies, at least not right now. Hopefully the feature gets added back as Sly continues to work on the site. I actually saw him delete his reply to a status so guess it's possible and just a matter of him adding the feature for everyone to use, unless there's a reason for not allowing it. I did the same thing as you and accidentally did a double post on replying to a status update. No idea if it was some automatic process or if a mod deleted the 2nd comment but it was removed a couple of minutes later. :dunno: 

Edited by MStalker58

26 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Did the ability to delete Status replies get taken away as well? I somehow replied twice to a status so I was going to delete one (to keep it clean) but can't figure out how to do that? That was there before the update so it should still be there now.

12 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

You can't delete status replies, at least not right now. Hopefully the feature gets added back as Sly continues to work on the site. I actually saw him delete his reply to a status so guess it's possible and just a matter of him adding the feature for everyone to use, unless there's a reason for not allowing it. I did the same thing as you and accidentally did a double post on replying to a status update. No idea if it was some automatic process or if a mod deleted the 2nd comment but it was removed a couple of minutes later. :dunno: 

You can still delete both status updates and status replies. Just click on "Options" and you'll find it.

4e9mdpn.png

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

You can still delete both status updates and status replies. Just click on "Options" and you'll find it.

4e9mdpn.png

I don't see that "Options" anywhere. I've tried looking at status updates in several places and all I see is "Report" like Mayus said. Are you viewing the updates in any specific section or maybe it's the browser I'm using (which is Chrome btw)?

EDIT: I found the "Options" selection but that's only on my own status updates. I can delete those or replies to my status updates. That option isn't there and I can't delete replies to other peoples updates though.

Edited by MStalker58
New information

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

All I can do is report my own update and not delete it.

Just now, MStalker58 said:

I don't see that "Options" anywhere. I've tried looking at status updates in several places and all I see is "Report" like Mayus said. Are you viewing the updates in any specific section or maybe it's the browser I'm using (which is Chrome btw)?

That's weird. It looks like you can only delete replies in your own status and that includes replies from other people. I didn't realise you couldn't do it in other people's statuses. Sorry about that.

6 hours ago, fisty123 said:

On my profile up trophy 10,000 has a milestone at every 1,000 mark but this is missing for 11,000 and 12,000. I checked others who have unlocked over 20,000 trophies and then next normal milestone trophy after 10,000 is 15,000 and then 20,000 being the next one. My main issue that this gap is too big, I seen a post on another topic that has a screenshot of having the plat and trophy count milestones separate that show your latest top 5 of each category but then allows you to expand to view them all, something like this actually looked rather nice.

Maybe the gap isnt really too big. Youre in your 10000 digits, which proves youre a proficient trophy hunter, and it is quite a huge range to be in. Idk. 

Two seperate milestone tabs is a decent solid idea, but it doesnt really fix the system. Gaps should and will continue to grow as you get further. The split would just create slightly more inconvience, especially if another click is required, by ppl needing to view both sides to satisfy interest or purpose. Itll make the list shorter to look at, but overall its better for everything to be in one place.

The milestones that actually exist now I think makes sense. Also this other earlier misclarification was false. The early milestones exist before the higher ranks, meaning when you get 10th plat, it saves right then. 

So is the only strong complaint regarding the milestones being the 5000 trophy gap?