Satoshi Ookami

Let's Finish: Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel

160 posts in this topic

WMli66u.png&key=d05eec9234bfe4f29f42e82066fafe6dd481f7868d7f9e93057cb2683328d954

 

Kiseki, Legend of Heroes, Trails series. Series of many names but not many fans. However, those, who once dive into the series, can never go back. And rightfully rate this series very high on the JRPG chart, maybe even on its peak. Series so complex, yet so immersive, series where the world really is alive, series, where no one is a mere NPC, series so beautifully written, even actual story games pale in comparison, series that can called the best now comes to the western shores with its newest addition to bring a new wave of players light of enlightenment. With new features and simplified mechanics, Falcom brings the newest starting point of the series, the Trails of Cold Steel. And to celebrate year of NA Sen I, the event brings you the possibility to try it for yourself.

 

Goal:
Our goal is to platinum either Sen I or Sen II before Sen III releases in the west (which is years far so you have plenty of time). And mainly, to fell in love with the series.

 

Rules:
You must love Kiseki as much as the PP creator :awesome:

 

Who can Join?
Anyone who wants to and has or plans to get either of these games. You can even be in the middle of playthrough and use this event as a motivation to finish the game or push through the Platinum.

 

Pace:
There is no pace to this event. Play through the game as fast or as slow as you want.

 

Guides:

With a help from the no.1 Emma fan, hasegawa2010, you get the best help you could get =D Please, feast your eyes on what one could say, are the most comprehensive and complete guides, one can find.

Sen I Trophy Guide | Sen I Walkthrough

Sen II Trophy Guide | Sen II Walkthrough

 

Thors Military Academy Students:

 

 

ab4h4r4k1 : Cold Steel II

Undead Wolf : Cold Steel II

Masamune : Cold Steel II

soultaker655: Cold Steel I + II

A-Brawl3r : Cold Steel I

T1M1D_HER0 : Cold Steel II

Fitzquaid : Cold Steel I + II

Vincentto : Cold Steel I + II

XX_FTW : Cold Steel I + II

Edunstar84 : Cold Steel I

hasegawa2010 : Cold Steel I + II

Kishnabe : Cold Steel II

Enma8910 : Cold Steel I

Dragon-Archon : Cold Steel I

fenrir54565 : Cold Steel I + II

Tenzai1980 : Cold Steel II

dermarx : Cold Steel I

ZeroAsterisk : Cold Steel I + II

jaehyun1009 : Cold Steel I 

Ditnopota : Cold Steel I + II



 

The Ash Knights:
 

 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SIGN.

ME.

IN.

This is an incentive for me to buy Trails of cold Steel 2 already!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't started Cold Steel II yet, so sign me up plz! ^_^ I was gonna plat the game anyway considering how much I loved the first game. I just need to find the time. 100+ hours is no small time investment! :lol: I'll likely be starting this within a few months or so.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the plat for the first game already, but your timing putting up this topic is pretty eerie, look what I just bought:

Spoiler

PTKiv2z.jpg

I actually wasn't planing on getting it yet, but it was the last copy, so I grabbed it (JRPGs are a bitch to track down once my local GameStop sells out of them). xD I won't be doing it next, but I will be starting it fairly soon. So you can add me in.:P

 

I didn't even know there was going to be a 3rd one. :blink: Cool! :yay:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up.

 

Both of the game are on PSnow so I'll get around to playing them soon. (After DA:I and GE2:RB)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Trails of Cold Steel 1, I just have a backlog that's getting between me and it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up!  I'm playing Cold Steel II, but want to go back and plat the first game at some point because I enjoyed it so nuch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I allowed to join, having finished the series in japanese? I was planning to play both NA and EU versions at some point. Maybe at the start of next year. ^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

SIGN.

ME.

IN.

This is an incentive for me to buy Trails of cold Steel 2 already!

 

17 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I haven't started Cold Steel II yet, so sign me up plz! ^_^ I was gonna plat the game anyway considering how much I loved the first game. I just need to find the time. 100+ hours is no small time investment! :lol: I'll likely be starting this within a few months or so.

 

17 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Sign me up.

 

Both of the game are on PSnow so I'll get around to playing them soon. (After DA:I and GE2:RB)

 

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Sure sign me up since I'm still working on Cold Steel II.

 

16 hours ago, A-Brawl3r said:

I have Trails of Cold Steel 1, I just have a backlog that's getting between me and it.

 

16 hours ago, T1M1D_HER0 said:

Sign me up. I've already finished Cold Steel I, but have yet to buy Cold Steel II.

 

9 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Sign me up!  I'm playing Cold Steel II, but want to go back and plat the first game at some point because I enjoyed it so nuch.

Added with (mostly Sen II xD) desired games.

 

1 hour ago, Vincentto said:

Am I allowed to join, having finished the series in japanese? I was planning to play both NA and EU versions at some point. Maybe at the start of next year. ^_^

Sure you are! The Guildmaster can do everything =D

 

17 hours ago, Masamune said:

I've got the plat for the first game already, but your timing putting up this topic is pretty eerie, look what I just bought:

Hehehehehehehehe :awesome:

 

17 hours ago, Masamune said:

I didn't even know there was going to be a 3rd one. :blink: Cool! :yay:

At least now you do =D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Satoshi Ookami you put me down for Cold Steel I when I got that platinum last month.  I'll be working on the platinum for Cold Steel II.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in. Was really enjoying Sen before I got distracted with events. Need to get back to it and need to grab II physical to fit in that lovely box.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

@Satoshi Ookami you put me down for Cold Steel I when I got that platinum last month.  I'll be working on the platinum for Cold Steel II.

Sorry, wrong copying, you have Sen II now =D

 

8 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

I'm in. Was really enjoying Sen before I got distracted with events. Need to get back to it and need to grab II physical to fit in that lovely box.

Awesome, added!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up! Plan to plat the game on the vita's 5th anniversary in February.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2016 at 4:56 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Thors Military Academy Students:

 

I thought you listed the profile and pic for every in-game Thors Military Academy student. I was too excited before revealing the hidden contents, and then.......:blink:. I forgot that you needed some titles for participants in Let's play thread :facepalm:.

 

I wonder can I sign up for both games in case I find a good deal for EU version?

 

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Does any U.S. player want to buy CS1's and CS2's NA Vita regular version?

Edited by hasegawa2010
typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platted the first one, will join since I am playing the 2nd.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Sign me up! Plan to plat the game on the vita's 5th anniversary in February.

 

2 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Platted the first one, will join since I am playing the 2nd.

Added!

 

3 hours ago, hasegawa2010 said:

I thought you listed the profile and pic for every in-game Thors Military Academy student. I was too excited before revealing the hidden contents, and then.......:blink:. I forgot that you needed some titles for participants in Let's play thread :facepalm:.

LOL :D 

 

3 hours ago, hasegawa2010 said:

I wonder can I sign up for both games in case I find a good deal for EU version?

Sure, I'm more surprised you haven't finished them yet xD

 

3 hours ago, hasegawa2010 said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Does any U.S. player want to buy CS1's and CS2's NA Vita regular version?

I'm not an US player, but I wouldn't mind offloading CS2 of you =D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know which trophy would be good to save for last? I'm planning to pop the trophy on Vita's 5th b-day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Does anyone know which trophy would be good to save for last? I'm planning to pop the trophy on Vita's 5th b-day.

 

Personally, I would recommend saving the trophy for acquiring over a million mira for last. It's one of the last trophies I got and is easy to plan out. Just make a save towards the end of your second playthrough and proceed to get all of the other trophies. When you're ready, just load that save back up and grind for a bit using the method described in the trophy guide on this site. Try to keep some stuff in your inventory you can sell. Get close to a million mira (but not too close!) and save again. Then when you want to pop the trophy, just load the save back up and sell everything you own which should hopefully take you over a million.

 

You could also save the trophy for completing the game on nightmare for last by saving your game just before the final boss. Either way works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Does anyone know which trophy would be good to save for last? I'm planning to pop the trophy on Vita's 5th b-day.

 

There's a few good ones.  My last one was the one to play 100 hours  Playtime carries over to your second playthrough and it's very likely you'll have beaten the game twice before you hit 100 hours.

 

If you take your time a bit more and may get that before the end of your second run, then the next best one is the 1 million mira since you aren't likely to accidentally get that one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

There's a few good ones.  My last one was the one to play 100 hours  Playtime carries over to your second playthrough and it's very likely you'll have beaten the game twice before you hit 100 hours.

 

I actually got that trophy before finishing my first playthrough funnily enough. I guess I was really taking my time with it? :P I think I ended up with more than 150 hours on the clock by the time I got the platinum. I did mess up on one of the trophies, though, causing me to play through a large chunk of the game again

 

It's definitely not a bad choice leaving that one until last. It would require you to constantly be aware of the in-game clock, though, which I would find kind of stressful. :giggle: I prefer just leaving the game running for trophies like that and just forgetting about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

I actually got that trophy before finishing my first playthrough funnily enough. I guess I was really taking my time with it? :P I think I ended up with more than 150 hours on the clock by the time I got the platinum. I did mess up on one of the trophies, though, causing me to play through a large chunk of the game again

 

It's definitely not a bad choice leaving that one until last. It would require you to constantly be aware of the in-game clock, though, which I would find kind of stressful. :giggle: I prefer just leaving the game running for trophies like that and just forgetting about it.

 

Not too constant, but definitely take a peek when in the menu.  But yeah, it's one of many good choices.  Other than the storyline trophies there's quite a few that can be easily saved for last in this game.  The bonding trophies can also be a good choice since you can save right before them and the game even prompts you to do so.  1 million mira, 1000 battles and beating on nightmare also are good choices, though beating on nightmare would be my last choice for it because that last battle is actually pretty hard on nightmare and may take a couple of retries to get the hang of (plus a bit of luck).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'd like to sign up.  Unfortunately, I have Sen II done but still have Sen I in progress :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

Hi I'd like to sign up.  Unfortunately, I have Sen II done but still have Sen I in progress :D

Um... why do you have II completed before I? xD

Okay, added.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.