Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

Warning: Unpopular opinions incoming.

Dragon Age Inquisition: Tried the game for couple hours, didn't really like it for some reason. Now it contributes to over 60 unearned trophies in my profile (and good chunk of completion % too). and i heard platinum takes over 150 hours so meh.

ACIV Black Flag: Didn't like the ship combat so dropped it. Might come back to it later but for now just like DA:I it contributes to almost 60 unearned trophies in my profile and it'll likely stay that way for a very long time. Plus I heard online was a grind, too.

Mercenary Kings: Got bored really quickly after trying a few missions. One mission gave me a gold trophy so it's in the list forever.

Edited by jaehyun1009

The Walking Dead. Fuck you for giving away your fiest episodes free Telltale. Now I have this shit game on my profile and every time I post in the suggest a platinum thread somebody brings it up. :shakefist: I'd seriously hide it if it wouldn't bone all my milestones. 

Here's my regretful additions to my trophy collection...

The Lego Movie Videogame (Vita) - Sure the actual movie was awesome but this movie/game tie-in happened to be the complete opposite of that! I've heard that the handheld version of this game is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the console versions, so i just gave up even trying to complete that game altogether.

Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 (PS3) - A friend of mine in my real life came over to my house one day and booted up the game and earned a trophy for it. As soon as i gave a damn about trophy hunting i was really irked having this game on my profile, especially considering i don't care for fantasy genre novels/movies/games.

EA Sports FIFA 16 (PS4) - My brother was playing on his account with a friend of his who was using my account when at one point my brother's friend managed to earn a trophy for my account.

Hardware: Rivals - one of the worst PS+ games of 2016 in my opinion.

Teslagrad - everyone thinks this game has an "easy platinum" but from my experience it was one of the hardest games i've ever attempted to platinum, so i just stopped playing it.

10 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

Teslagrad - everyone thinks this game has an "easy platinum" but from my experience it was one of the hardest games i've ever attempted to platinum, so i just stopped playing it.

I thought Teslagrad was actually really easy, with only 1 scroll being hard to get (the one at the top of the electric barrier shaft).  Pretty much every other scroll was collected within 2 tries at the most.

As for me...

Deep Black - a seriously broken piece of crap.  Thought it had some promise at first, with its underwater combat mechanic which you don't really see in many other games, but by God it was horrible.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy - the less said about this steaming pile of shit, the better.

4 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

I agree about Teslagrad. I did manage to get the platinum in the end, but it was infuriating and completely un-fun. 

5 hours ago, Hemiak said:

The Walking Dead. Fuck you for giving away your fiest episodes free Telltale. Now I have this shit game on my profile and every time I post in the suggest a platinum thread somebody brings it up. :shakefist: I'd seriously hide it if it wouldn't bone all my milestones. 

The Walking Dead full season is really cheap, and won't take more than a couple of hours to problemlessly 100%. Maybe just buy it when it's on sale, quickly plat it, and then you never have to worry about it again?

17 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

The Walking Dead full season is really cheap, and won't take more than a couple of hours to problemlessly 100%. Maybe just buy it when it's on sale, quickly plat it, and then you never have to worry about it again?

This is exactly what I'm talking about, lol. I know it's super easy and doesn't take long but I disliked playing even the first chapter. I'm not actually even sure what I did could be considered "playing" at all. Combine that with the fact that nothing I did or chose seemed to matter in the slightest and I have no desire to touch it again. 

14 hours ago, Greenshyguy said:

Dragon fin soup ... :dance:

Fortunately I don't sync my trophies often. That time I ended up removing my account and successfully deleting that list after thousands of game crashes :facepalm:

I'm waiting for a decent patch though :giggle: I have to say that I loved the game so hopefully I'll add that list once again but up to its 100% this time.

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about, lol. I know it's super easy and doesn't take long but I disliked playing even the first chapter. I'm not actually even sure what I did could be considered "playing" at all. Combine that with the fact that nothing I did or chose seemed to matter in the slightest and I have no desire to touch it again. 

I understand; I don't hate Telltale, because I can appreciate a good narrative sometimes, but they're really not as good as they claim they are with their barely existent choice --> consequence mechanics. If you want choices to matter, RPG's, visual novels and interactive drama's (Heavy Rain, Until Dawn) are far better at that than Telltale will ever be. 

• 8 months later...

Singstar; my daughter popped it in while I was at work. This was before Sony let us delete games at 0% completion, so I unlocked a few trophies to get something out of it. AND THEN Sony said you can delete games @0%. ☹

This was one of my biggest /facepalm moments in gaming . . .

• Like 3

Crash Bandicoot Remake... Bought the game for my mom (she's into mario, crash games) told her to play on my second account so it won't affect my trophy account... well my mom screwed up and played on my account... i think you can figure out the rest..

Resident Evil Remake... back then i wasn't a trophy hunter and yea thats the story... lucky for me it's down below in my trophy list, so no big deal...

RE7: biohazard... somehow i've lost interest in this game after the first playthrough

3 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Singstar; my daughter popped it in while I was at work. This was before Sony let us delete games at 0% completion, so I unlocked a few trophies to get something out of it. AND THEN Sony said you can delete games @0%. 2639.png

This was one of my biggest /facepalm moments in gaming . . .

Ouch, my son is only two so he's not randomly starting games yet but it won't be long haha. I always have to warn the kids of family members not to start games on my profile when they use my PS4 so far nothing bad has happened

The worst thing about Singstar is you need a PS Camera to even get the platinum, wish we could delete games with a few % aswell that would solve most of the problems I have with my profile! But I see why Sony doesn't allow it.

Just now, Such-A-Goonie said:

Dragon Fin Soup. It's not like I care too much about my completion percentage (sitting at an awesome 25%, haha), but I'd like to at least have the chance to eventually play a game to 100% if I want.

Yeah I know what you mean, I do intend to go back and play games that I never finished eventually. I'm playing Soul Sacrafice now which I had a 3 year 9 month gap on so it does happen! I nearly played Dragon Fin Soup on release, looked like my kind of game ... shortly after I heard that the plat was not obtainable so dodged a bullet there.

• Like 1

Probably Zen Pinball - the dlcs were removed from the store as soon as Zen Pinball 2 came out, so it went from an extremely difficult 100% to an impossible one, which really took the wind out of my sails in terms of plaing it. I still fire it up occasionally, but not very often now.

Also, Lost Planet 2 - what ridiculously over-the-top trophy requirements in such a mediocre game.

1 minute ago, dadoudelidou said:

Definitely Homefront Revolution

It was on special and I told myself : 

"Hey, it can't be THAT bad right ?"

Yes. It can.

Heh last time it was on sale I was having the same thoughts ... But I'm trying to stop buying new games because my backlog is so big.

From the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tpepper1985 said:

Ouch, my son is only two so he's not randomly starting games yet but it won't be long haha. I always have to warn the kids of family members not to start games on my profile when they use my PS4 so far nothing bad has happened

The worst thing about Singstar is you need a PS Camera to even get the platinum, wish we could delete games with a few % aswell that would solve most of the problems I have with my profile! But I see why Sony doesn't allow it.

What I did is I made my daughter a profile and made her profile the default for our systems. I would highly recommend this as it saved me from some embarrassing crap on my profile (Barbie Puppy Rescue, Hannah Montana)

Yeah I'm double-fucked with Singstar cuz it's servers closed years ago (disc version, not digital version). But hey, this will make for a great story to share with boys she dates?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bullstomp said:

What I did is I made my daughter a profile and made her profile the default for our systems. I would highly recommend this as it saved me from some embarrassing crap on my profile (Barbie Puppy Rescue, Hannah Montana)

Good advice, I will remember this for when the time comes !