Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

14 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Honestly just annoyed that Nintendo, despite how greedy they are, are also seemingly content with leaving easy money on the table like this and leaving people parched. lmao

The rumors themselves shouldn't be taken seriously at this point, but Nintendo's still incredibly moronic for not actually going through with any of it given the obvious demand.

Oh well, I guess. ?

Of course there are a lot of games that should be ported. The same can be said of other developers too. Why don't we have remakes of Metal Gear Solid 1-4 for modern platforms yet? MGS1 only got one remake for GC, which is now 3 generations behind. The others are 2 generations behind (and for MGS2 and 3 those were ports from the previous gen) but Sony is fine with streaming being the answer there. But a remake of Last of Us 1 is obviously necessary for the PS5 that is backwards compatible with PS4... :)

Maybe Nintendo has more games it's leaving on past platforms; I haven't done a comparison. But it's an issue that affects quite a few games from various developers. Also, don't forget how long people were predicting/asking for a port of the Mass Effect Trilogy before it happened.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get the two Zelda GC games before too long, and Mario Galaxy 2, and others that are missing from Switch (e.g. Pikmin 1 and 2). I think Nintendo is aware of the demand but they choose to put their priorities elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

A new Theatrhytm was the highlight.  I put hundreds of hours in both the 3DS games, and the ability to play on my TV is awesome

I thought this was a port of the second 3DS game with more songs? I liked that one, it was more doable for a rhythm amateur like me. I'll probably get the Switch game on a discount since I played the 3DS one just recently. Hopefully we'll get a localization and port of the Dragon Quest game in the series eventually.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Of course there are a lot of games that should be ported. The same can be said of other developers too. Why don't we have remakes of Metal Gear Solid 1-4 for modern platforms yet? MGS1 only got one remake for GC, which is now 3 generations behind. The others are 2 generations behind (and for MGS2 and 3 those were ports from the previous gen) but Sony is fine with streaming being the answer there. But a remake of Last of Us 1 is obviously necessary for the PS5 that is backwards compatible with PS4... :)

Maybe Nintendo has more games it's leaving on past platforms; I haven't done a comparison. But it's an issue that affects quite a few games from various developers. Also, don't forget how long people were predicting/asking for a port of the Mass Effect Trilogy before it happened.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get the two Zelda GC games before too long, and Mario Galaxy 2, and others that are missing from Switch (e.g. Pikmin 1 and 2). I think Nintendo is aware of the demand but they choose to put their priorities elsewhere.

Sony has no control over the Metal Gear games or IP, blame that on Konami for turning into a husk of their former selves. I'm also well aware that other publishers do this kind of thing too from time to time, but that's irrelevant and besides the point. We're talking about Nintendo here.

I don't doubt that Nintendo puts their priorities elsewhere, which isn't necessarily a bad thing per se, but again it's strange considering how blatantly greedy they are elsewhere. These long droughts for some of these series aren't doing them any favors either, and they definitely have the resources. Porting two existing Wii U remasters is far less work than a full remake of even just one of the Metal Gear games, especially since most of the work's already done to begin with.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Why don't we have remakes of Metal Gear Solid 1-4 for modern platforms yet?

I think you already know the answer. In fact, you can ask the same question about Silent Hill games and get the same answer ?.

• Like 1

Ever since I got a Switch I've heard about rumors of a Goldeneye Remaster/Remake coming to Xbox and Switch...and every time we have a Nintendo Direct I keep hoping that rumor comes true, and alas, still nothing. With my luck it will be true, but will be on Xbox only because Microsoft owns Rare. But I'd be more excited for that than anything else Nintendo could announce. 

New Zelda looks great as always. But I haven't even finished Breath of the Wild...I'm not ready for a new one lol. 

• Like 1

About time that we finally got a release date for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom! I'm guessing they're saving the gameplay footage for the coming months. 

Talk about scary, yesterday I was thinking of dusting off my Wii U to play Kirby: Return to Dream Land and this morning I was remembering the good memories I had with Tales of Symphonia, didn't think both of them would get remasters today LOL.

Glad Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Pikmin and I'm happy Miyamoto is part of 4. As for NSO, a dissapointing showing since they're still dripfeeding N64 games but Golden Eye was the saving grace. Heard lots of good stuff about it (and I'm a huge fan of Brosnan's Bond) so I'll subscribe just to play it.

Radiant Silvergun was a Dreamcast gem that I'm excited to play and its great that Rune Factory 3 is getting a remaster. Some might bored of the constant remasters/re-relases lately but I honestly don't mind. Overall, this Direct was a pretty good one. 

• Like 2

Some N64 games coming are super hype.  007 Goldeneye is super cool and pilotwings is such a classic! Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 is also soooo badass. Finally, feel like it's actually going to be worth something. 

Doubt PS1 and PS2 will have online play,  but that would be sick. 007 will at least...

• Like 2

Go figure...I bring it up and then it's announced. 

But this really sucks. Xbox gets a Remaster of sorts, but Switch gets the original for the over priced expansion pack. This did not turn out at like I had hoped. :( 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

The Fatal Frame Remaster looks kinda cool and I might give it a try. Zelda TOTK looks amazing. I gotta finish the BOTW DLC before I play it. And although I beat Epic Yarn, I've never played Return to Dreamland. So I will totally buy the remaster when it comes out. I'm also very happy for JRPG fans with Fire Emblem, Atelier Ryza 3 and Octopath Traveler 2. But the only JRPG that looked interesting to me was Harvestella. Overall good direct. 

And wow, Pikimin 4? Thats something I didnt expect 

• Like 2

I didn't see much I care about at the Direct as expected. But that's fine I'm sure lots of people were happy so good for them. Except for Hollow Knight fans I guess who are in full depression mode at this point.

There were some things I liked though. Kirby Return to Dreamland is getting ported. Cool I'll replay it why not. Tales of Symphonia as well. Even though I just played the PS3 version. If it comes out on PS4 or PS5 as well I guess I'll be getting it. Again. God dammit. Octopath Traveler 2. So I'm obligated to play it. Oh goodie. All I can do is hope it's better than the first one. Crisis Core Reunion got a date and it's this year. Hell yeah.

Believe it or not... I was legitimately interested in RainCode. It's like a very weird and bizarre fusion between Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, and Persona. I'm not going to say one way or another right now... but I'll keep my eye on it.

Pretty mid for me personally. Clearly just me though.

I feel so sorry for you Hollow Knight fans. I really really do

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Some N64 games coming are super hype.  007 Goldeneye is super cool and pilotwings is such a classic! Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 is also soooo badass. Finally, feel like it's actually going to be worth something. 

Doubt PS1 and PS2 will have online play,  but that would be sick. 007 will at least...

As one of very few people here who enjoys the N64 Classics, I'm actually looking forward to Pilotwings 64 and 1080 Snowboarding more than Goldeneye, even though I played all 3 in my N64 days. I lost count of how many times I would enjoy staring at the "Little States" in the credits.

• Like 2

OMFG, great things just keep happening! A golf game by Clap Hanz (known for their Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf series) Easy Come Easy Golf released on Switch today! I already bought it, downloading it now. I had been hoping for this to come to Switch or PC ever since I learned they had released a new game on Apple Arcade.

• Like 2

Wow and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe is $60. Again, a game that came out originally on the Nintendo Wii being upscaled onto the switch and it's full price just like Skyword Sword. And on top of this the Wii U and 3DS eshop is shutting down. Starting to think the big N is being an asshole.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Titan said:

Wow and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe is $60. Again, a game that came out originally on the Nintendo Wii being upscaled onto the switch and it's full price just like Skyword Sword. And on top of this the Wii U and 3DS eshop is shutting down. Starting to think the big N is being an asshole.

I guess there's at least the fact that this is a remake and not just a straight remaster like Skyward Sword was, but either way it's still pretty scummy despite how good it looks.

Would've been a bit more willing to let it slide if Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot had been included too.

Nintendo's been a greedy asshole for years now, imo.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, whodeygamer said:

I’m still struggling with remembering the name “Tears of the Kingdom”.

I remember both myself and a lot of other people having a hard time transitioning to calling Breath of The Wild anything other than some variation of "Zelda U", so I think this is a similar case since we're so used to calling it BOTW 2. lmao

• Like 3