Project Platinum: Metroidvania

Kevvik

Thanks for your hard work moving everyone to the new system! 

I'm coming back for my re-upgrade to Metroidvania Connoisseur! Games listed below. The Mummy Demastered was surprisingly excellent - recommended for everyone here!

Fantasy Lorekeeper (6) - Gold

Apotheon

Dust

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Salt & Sanctuary

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

The Mummy Demastered

Sci-Fi Security Detail (3) - Silver

Headlander

Strider

Teslagrad

Secret Door Spotter (1) - Bronze

Xeodrifter

• Like 1

All right, I'm back. I have the following games in the following categories:

Fantasy Lorekeeper (7)

Apotheon 

Dust 

Guacamelee (

Guacamelee: STCE 

Rogue Legacy 

Salt and Sanctuary (three flippin' times)

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Sci-Fi Security Detail (3)

Axiom Verge

Forma.8

Teslagrad

Secret Door Spotter (3)

Chronicles of Teddy

Outland

Shantae: Risky' Revenge

Put it all together, and that makes me a Metroid Connoisseur.

EDIT: Oops - it looks like you've already done this edit. HOWEVER, not all is lost, as I also recently obtained the platinum for Castlevania.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, sundrew said:

Thanks for your hard work moving everyone to the new system! 

I'm coming back for my re-upgrade to Metroidvania Connoisseur! Games listed below. The Mummy Demastered was surprisingly excellent - recommended for everyone here!

Fantasy Lorekeeper (6) - Gold

Apotheon

Dust

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Salt & Sanctuary

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

The Mummy Demastered

Sci-Fi Security Detail (3) - Silver

Headlander

Strider

Teslagrad

Secret Door Spotter (1) - Bronze

Xeodrifter

Welcome back to the Connoisseur lounge room.  We hope you will take advantage of the extra resources here to continue your climb up the ranks!

On 4/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, starcrunch061 said:

EDIT: Oops - it looks like you've already done this edit. HOWEVER, not all is lost, as I also recently obtained the platinum for Castlevania.

Yes, you had been updated but thanks for the renewed interest.  Hopefully we will see you continue to advance in the ranks!  As well, welcome to the ranks of Indomitable Progenitor!

On 25/10/2017 at 7:31 AM, Nauticus87 said:

I have 9 of those on the list so I guess that makes me a Metroidvania Connoisseur.

I have:

Axiom Verge
Guacamelee
Guacamelee STCE
Headlander
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Salt and Sanctuary (both PS4 and Vita)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Strider (PS4)
Teslagrad

I also have Rogue Legacy for the special award.

I now have these too:

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Guacamelee 2

Forma.8

Shadow Complex

Sundered

Chronicles of Teddy

Iconoclasts

Castlevania Requiem

6 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

I now have these too:

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Guacamelee 2

Forma.8

Shadow Complex

Sundered

Chronicles of Teddy

Iconoclasts

Castlevania Requiem

Glad to be able to update you.  I actually shouldn't have knocked you down from gold when I did the update as I missed Chronicles of Teddy.  That has been corrected.  Also, the Indomitable Progenitor special award has been noted as well.  Welcome back and keep on exploring!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: shouldn't Touhou Double Focus also be included in the list as it is considered a Metroidvania-type game? Or is that saved for it's own PP that someone will be making in the near future?

Edited by GarciaFever

45 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Quick question: shouldn't Touhou Double Focus also be included in the list as it is considered a Metroidvania-type game? Or is that saved for it's own PP that someone will be making in the near future?

Double Focus is more of a Metroidvania than some of the other games on this list, but I'm guessing they won't include it because they consider it part of another series (Touhou in this case, obviously). I mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze quite awhile ago, but they refused to include it because it's part of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, even though it's more of a Metroidvania than games like Rogue Legacy or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 0:12 AM, Dinkus83 said:

I just remembered Teslagrad is in here, so I can be an apprentice now! Finished it a couple months ago. Sign me up please :D

Added.  Welcome aboard.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:53 AM, GarciaFever said:

On 5/13/2019 at 2:46 AM, GameOverComesAll said:

Double Focus is more of a Metroidvania than some of the other games on this list, but I'm guessing they won't include it because they consider it part of another series (Touhou in this case, obviously). I mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze quite awhile ago, but they refused to include it because it's part of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, even though it's more of a Metroidvania than games like Rogue Legacy or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Touhou Double Focus has come up but by Project Platinum rules, you aren't supposed to poach single titles from a series for the main trophy lists, though special awards are possible (and has been considered for this title but not yet created).  Several considered titles have not been added due to this.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Added.  Welcome aboard.

Touhou Double Focus has come up but by Project Platinum rules, you aren't supposed to poach single titles from a series for the main trophy lists, though special awards are possible (and has been considered for this title but not yet created).  Several considered titles have not been added due to this.

An honorable mentions list/badge would be cool. Just an informative addition to alert people of other decent options in this genre. Honestly, I didn't realize Danger of the Ooze was a Metroidvania style game until a little after I started it.

Not at all a knock. You put a lot of thought and care into structuring this PP and it's already really awesome and deep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:28 AM, Adras_Nightmare said:

I think I qualify for the Sci-Fi Ensign mission (Forma.8 platinum) and, as a consequence, for the Metroidvania Apprentice.

Welcome aboard, Apprentice!  Many new adventures await you within our quest board/mission logs.  We hope to see you advance in the future.

No new entries are planned at the moment for the logs (though the new Shantae title will likely be added on its release). Other new titles are welcome for review (I have noted the above recommendations) and additions may be made in the future.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, keploz85 said:

Sign me up for Metroidvania Apprentice.

I have 2 platinum trophies: Teslagrad and The Mummy Demastered.

Welcome aboard, Apprentice!  A bronze on each path is a good way to start!

On 11/30/2019 at 10:40 PM, OmegaFenron said:

Just here to notify of my ID change (woop94) 

Your ID has been updated.  Welcome back!  Hopefully we'll see an upgrade on your status soon.

Happy New Year to all our participants!  May you advance along your winding paths soon!

Edited by Kevvik

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, zadorvp said:

Can I be added for the Sci-Fi and Fantasy paths? I have the platinums for Teslagrad, Apotheon, and Dust: An Elysian Tail :)

Good day!  Thank you for the renewed interest but you were already listed.  I hope you can move forward soon.   Sorry this has taken so long for me to post here, lots of personal stuff the last few months (like so many others).

Keep on exploring!

• Like 1

Metroidvania is one of my favorite genre, best PP for me.

Fantasy:

Apotheon

Dust: an elysian tail

Guacamelee

Guacamelee! super turbo championship edition

Guacamelee 2

Sci-Fi:

Forma.8

Strider

Teslagrad

Side quest:

Hell Yeah!

Shantae: Risky's revenge - Director's cut

Xeodrifter

If you are willing to add more games:

Hollow knight (best metroidvania i have played)

dead cell (a metroidvania / roguelike)

Bloodstained games, you use icon of this serie but they aren't in the game list lol

The swapper

Vessel

On 8/3/2020 at 4:17 PM, salty_kambi said:

Metroidvania is one of my favorite genre, best PP for me.

If you are willing to add more games:

Hollow knight (best metroidvania i have played)

dead cell (a metroidvania / roguelike)

Bloodstained games, you use icon of this serie but they aren't in the game list lol

The swapper

Vessel

Welcome aboard, Warrior!  I've got a few names set aside but I'm likely not adding anything soon unless I see a lot more interest.  We split the paths up because the full PP was getting a bit on the large side and people were discouraged trying to reach the next tier so I don't want to increase these too much at present.

On 8/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, Kishnabe said:

Fantasy:

Odin Sphere

Rogue Legacy

SCi Fi:

Forma.8

Teslagrad

Side:
Xeodrifter

You've been updated.  One more in either main path will bring you up to the next rank, so hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Edited by Kevvik

• 3 months later...