Stupid but necessary request

AdventjX

Hi guys,

So recently I've been trying to convince a friend of mine to become a trophy hunter with me. I am by no means a veteran, but I wanted to motivate him and also myself to keep striving to enjoy playing on our PS4 with more passion and purpose. So please forgive me if I come off as someone who is making this request just for the hell of it. That is my reasoning.

Now, as for my request: I was wondering if anyone who reads this post could just visit my PSN profile once or twice. I want to show my friend that people in this community actually do care about encouraging each other's endeavors and showing our accomplishments, no matter how big or small they may be. I told him that a lot of people visit each other's profiles and see each other's trophies and whatnot, and I wanted to show him that my own profile has racked up quite a few views to prove it. So whoever reads this, please spare some time to do so. I really wanna show this guy how big this community is lol

Thank you guys for your time.

Best regards.

16 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Alternatively you could cheat, use a save file to pop trophies or something, wait to get get flagged and open a dispute, that'll get you more views than asking for them ever will :awesome:

Sadly he seems to own a PS4 only so even if he would cheat we can't flag him right now. But maybe someone still finds flagging material:

https://psnprofiles.com/adventheorex?pf=ps3

xD

Edited by Crimson Idol

Having lots of profile views doesn't necessarily mean that person is an active participant in the community. If you check the leaderboard, the top players don't even really use the forums.

Yet another asshole here telling you to just be active. I couldn't give a shit less about views, and I'm at like fifteen thousand or something. Proof is in the pudding dude.

You want some real advice though? Just fucking quit. Trophy hunting is shit and ruined games for me for a bit, and getting over them sucked ass, you think it's just digital crap, and it is, but it's surprisingly hard to get out of that mindset and it can legit ruin your fun for a while. Once you're free, as I am now, and you can play on your Xbox or your Nintendo or your phone or whatever and not care about them stupid ass trophies, you'll be having infinitely more fun.

You wanna have fun? Buy a PS2 and have your friend over.

• Like 2

@adventheorex Something I tell my friends when they don't quite understand trophy hunting is to start in a game they love. Something that isn't too hard is also a good place to start such as Rocket League. I find it fun to hear the trophy ping as well as seeing the completion percentage rise. I also tell them how it makes me explore more of the game and try out all it has to offer, whereas a typical playthrough wouldn't bring those experiences. 

I thought motivating yourself for trophy hunting starting by going for easy to Plat games first.

if you wanted to rack some views on your profile just post some funny things when you get the chance, or post about your latest platinum on most recent platinum topic, that way you'll collect trophies and gather more views, people will check into your profile every time you talk about your latest platinum.

I'm reminded of meth addicts getting their friends into meth so they have company and have another person to help them score meth when they need it.

5 hours ago, adventheorex said:

I wanted to motivate him and also myself to keep striving to enjoy playing on our PS4 with more passion and purpose.

That's quite a lofty goal you've set for yourself, let alone trying to convince someone else to come along with you. Why don't you just work on your goal for yourself and if it seems appealing to your friend, they'll join of their own volition. 

Viewed your profile page, now keep getting those platinums!

Btw, my irl "friends" (just acquaintances really, I wouldn't trust anyone to come water my plants nevermind value their opinions) don't give a shit about my trophy whoring, not even how much I game even though they call themselves "gamers" (really just people that play Madden, nba2k, call of duty and nothing else; not my idea of a gamer) don't concern yourself with how much somebody else cares about your gaming and/or trophies...do what makes you happy! But sound like you could be kinda young, if you can get a friend irl that loves getting trophies as much as you and motivate each other that would be fun and cool. Now I'm jealous. 

-someone gaming since the Atari 2600 and the NES

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Yet another asshole here telling you to just be active. I couldn't give a shit less about views, and I'm at like fifteen thousand or something. Proof is in the pudding dude.

You want some real advice though? Just fucking quit. Trophy hunting is shit and ruined games for me for a bit, and getting over them sucked ass, you think it's just digital crap, and it is, but it's surprisingly hard to get out of that mindset and it can legit ruin your fun for a while. Once you're free, as I am now, and you can play on your Xbox or your Nintendo or your phone or whatever and not care about them stupid ass trophies, you'll be having infinitely more fun.

You wanna have fun? Buy a PS2 and have your friend over.

I feel that way sometimes.

5 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Pretty sure your own views count as well so spam that F5 key!

I think unique IP addresses only count once an hour. He could install check for changes with firefox and have it automatically refresh every hour though.

9 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

I think unique IP addresses only count once an hour. He could install check for changes with firefox and have it automatically refresh every hour though.

Your avatar is the fitting reaction to this topic. Title is missing an "and" instead of "but" followed by an "un-" prefix for the next word.