Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered Stand Alone release

Figured this would get its own thread. I posted it to a member a couple nights back.

I told some gamestop employees a few days ago I could see this getting released and they were all "no no no it'll never happen, if it does it would make more sense for it to come out next year as a Modern Warfare Trilogy Remaster once they see how WWII does."

Just get both.. If they ever release a standalone, it's gonna be 20$ less than IW+MWR bundle, are people really THAT greedy? xD
To be honest, IW is still a pretty good game, if you ignore multiplayer..

• Like 1

It'd be really nice if this actually were to happen. I have no intentions to play Infinite Warfare as I absolutely didn't like what I played from the beta but I do still really want to play Modern Warfare Remastered. This would be a great oppurtunity for me.

I mean, I got them both and tbh I played 5 minutes of Infinite's story, a few rounds of MP, and then never touched it again. Modern Warfare I plat'd in a couple of days going slow. 

Release the god damn whole trilogy already. All I want. Or make them backward compatible on Xbone and I'll go rebuy them there. Either way really.

I already bought the Legacy Edition. I can't send it back because I already used the code for Modern Warfare. I would have to sell it or trade it in.

But since I haven't played a Call of Duty game in ages, I'm going to give Infinite Warfare a shot and see if it's worth the trouble. Otherwise I will just platinum Modern Warfare Remastered and sell my copy of Infinite.

1 hour ago, Kulzyc said:

Just get both.. If they ever release a standalone, it's gonna be 20$ less than IW+MWR bundle, are people really THAT greedy? xD
To be honest, IW is still a pretty good game, if you ignore multiplayer..

You're using the word greedy in the wrong context.  It is not greedy to save money, it is greedy to care too much about saving money, to the point of harm to yourself or others.  $20 bucks is $20 bucks man.  I don't want to play IW and I won't pay an extra $20 bucks just to have it sit unplayed forever.?

• Like 4

This is great to hear :D I had been tempted a couple of times to buy the legacy edition to get modern warfare remastered :) it just sucks the rumoured release date is the same day crash gets released :)

Good for those that hate the new sci-fi themes. Like I said in another topic, it doesn't affect me much, since I was going to buy IW anyway, so more than likely I saved some cash by just buying a game i was going to buy anyway + the remaster. I highly doubt Activision is going to be very generous with the pricing of this as a standalone, so as it stands, I bought two games I really wanted for the price of one at the price I paid.

Didn't read the article to see if it included speculation on price, but if it's around 40, I would recommend people just track down a $50-60 dollar copy of IW Legacy, since I think that's a far better deal. But that's just me....

Holy crap please yes! I loved the MW series and I waited hoping for a standalone game. I almost caved in and bought the regular version and I'm glad I didn't. 

It'll be good for Activision too since it'll probably boost some of them their sales over the ones they already sold in the legacy edition. 

• Like 1

This is excellent news if true. I really want to play the remaster and I hate the fact that Activision locked it behind their Infinite Borefare game.

19 minutes ago, ERICVOLTAGE said:

Here's hoping it'll have a physical release as well.

^^^^ I'm also hoping for this too. I'm definitely buying it physically if there is a disc version :)

Say what you will about CoD, they know how to remaster a classic and make it even BETTER than the original. Fucking LOVED the first Modern Warfare, prestiged 10 times in MP, something I never bothered to even go through once again in any game thereafter. May just do that for the remaster though, absolute perfection.

Edited by MeteorHawk

• 1 month later...

Here is a link suggesting the release of the stand alone version of MW remastered could be very soon. Also it has the Box Art.

Take this with a grain of salt if you want. Activision still hasn't announced a stand alone release for it.

http://charlieintel.com/2017/06/19/modern-warfare-remastered-game-case-revealed-june-27-release-date/

1 hour ago, Meacham said:

Announced. The stand alone version of Cod4 is being released on 27th of June.

Thanks for the update.

What I want to know is how will this affect the ones who purchased Infinite warfare to get it originally. Will they be able to play it now without having the IW disc?

27 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Thanks for the update.

What I want to know is how will this affect the ones who purchased Infinite warfare to get it originally. Will they be able to play it now without having the IW disc?

You'd think so. I'm not sure. The source I got the information from was their Twitter handle by the way in case you wanted to see for yourself.

so it seems from what I am reading online that the IW disc is still needed even for the stand alone version. I traded my copy of IW n without ever playing it but I was hoping I could re download me remastered if I wanted to still play it.

Can anyone who has bought the stand alone version from the store confirm if it works with or without IW?