Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I reached out to Codemasters support on Onrush, a game that apparently runs on gamespark as I can see when I boot the game up, and no response. The game could go down when Gamesparks is shuttered. 

Was Onrush delisted? I can find it in my game library but not by searching the PS Store. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Is Onrush plat unobtainable if the online goes down?

Of course. 

Edit: According to TT, there are 7 online trophies. According to TA it's 32 online achievements. I'm not sure why there is such a discrepancy. Maybe the servers are needed for offline portions of the game? I've barely touched it so i'm not sure. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

Jesus Christ what is happening this year? too many games, too many servers, too much delisting in so little time from all sides. what madness.

Probably the energy crisis, what was once cheap to run will cost much more to keep running, expect more and more to be going offline. I'm surprised Dirt 3/Showdown haven't been announced as shutting down. Wouldn't surprise me if every PS3 game with servers is gone within the next year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

According to the .org Guide, there are 7 online trophies that will be nuked if the servers close :(https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/onrush/guide/

I don’t expect Codemasters to do anything especially now that EA owns them. It was given out on Plus a few years ago so if anyone has plus there’s a chance it’s in their library from before

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

It's not showing up in the spanish store either. Bad news :( I suppose it's dying... Do it if you can, just in case. Apparently it takes 25 hours to 100%, not sure how long the online trophies take themselves.

I've asked a friend who did 100% and he said that it can be done in 12 days (assuming 30th it goes down), but it's a tight squeeze. 

44 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've just looked in the UK PS Store and everything to do with Onrush has vanished :( but there is a retail version available.

41 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Yeah, couldn't find it in UK and US. I suppose it will die indeed.

6 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

It's not showing up in the spanish store either. Bad news :( I suppose it's dying... Do it if you can, just in case. Apparently it takes 25 hours to 100%, not sure how long the online trophies take themselves.

It was in PS plus in Dec 2018, maybe you guys have it in your library. I have it and yes, it is also delisted in PL PSS. Anyway disc version is like ~5€ on PL "eBay".

Edited by Smashero

Yeah, I have the game, I bought it this year, downloading it right now.

But I implore everyone here to to to twitter, EA forum or whatever and ask that the hell is going on. It's sunday, yes, but we HAVE to make some waves just to get them talking. Or it's another Fuse situation where they killed the game and didn't say anything about it. I checked, Onrush isn't on EA Sunset's site.

I’m less worried about getting my hands on Onrush (I know many people claimed it through PS+ and there are cheap physical copies to be had), and more worried that the sudden delisting is a bad omen for the game's online functionality. Between the no-notice delisting and the big GameSparks logo you see when you start the game, I’m convinced the game dies on September 30, 2022.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Here's the current situation with GameSparks:

Unaffected/Got new servers:

Mini Metro

Ultimate Chicken Horse

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Will close on September 30th:

Disc Jam

Strikers Edge

Iffy/Unknown:

7 Days to Die - This should be P2P but it might use GS for the invites and Matchmaking systems.

Animal Super Squad

Catan - This was delisted years ago but it's unknown if the servers are still up.

Chime Sharp - This has leaderboards but they're not attached to any trophies.

Onrush

Where did you this list from? I remember people posting GameSparks shutdown games and Onrush wasn't there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Where did you this list from? I remember people posting GameSparks shutdown games and Onrush wasn't there.

It's a mixture of my own research and what people here have discovered over the last few months but Onrush was only uncovered a few hours ago by @Mr_Tenno777, which is why people are panicking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, POEman553 said:

Not too sure that the Platinum for Onrush will be possible in the number of days left. Friend of mine pointed out that Geared Up trophy requires level 78 to get (since the level is online connected). I'm testing my copy of Onrush to see what works/what doesn't before I start it.

Friend of mine has plat time 3 d 1 h and of course he was not paying 24/7 and, yes, Geared Up was his last trophy so I would state that it is totally doable in 12 days. 

• Like 1

It turns out Onrush was delisted a long time ago on Xbox: https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/10/14/onrush-delist-microsoft-store-xbox-one/. I am not sure why the PS4 version was delisted so long after. The game is still active (at least the last time I played it), so it would be a mistake for them to shut down the servers beyond the terrible image of a stealth server shutdown.