Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recommend anyone starting EA Sports UFC if you haven't played it yet.

In the Spotlight 1f3c6.png

Upload a Highlight Reel to FighterNet

Is unobtainable since more than a year now. So becareful adding this title to your trophy list.

Other than that, if you already have it on your list, than knock out the rest asap.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

FIFA 18 will become unachieavable soon due to Daily Objectives becoming unavailable in 2 days

EDIT:

I had an interesting idea, what do you guys think of expanding the thread scope with a "Watch out" section?

I'd like it to be pretty much informal (no sources due to them not existing lol) and keep track of stuff like:

- MKX has been unachievable and was fixed. Keep that in mind and try to do asap

- Splinter cell blacklist passed through the same

- FIFA 20 haven't announced the end of FUT competitive mode but it will surely happen by 1st of September, 2020 rendering the same trophy from FIFA 19 unobtainable

- PES 2019 will probably close in August 2020

So, does anybody oppose to that or have a better idea? It's useful information nonetheless and of course, everybody is welcome to helping expanding it with more recent info

Its very useful information. Go ahead and add it i would say.

I think a full list of games with daily/weekly or time limited events (tied to trophies anyway) would be useful to know too since those are pretty risky when it comes to trophies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Its very useful information. Go ahead and add it i would say.

I think a full list of games with daily/weekly or time limited events (tied to trophies anyway) would be useful to know too since those are pretty risky when it comes to trophies.

If we start with this then informal wise:

1. Plant vs Zombies 2 with the trials of gnomius boss hunt / cat vs dinos. Pretty much popping up sometimes. Cat vs dinos is online right now! Boss hunt hasnt been in almost a year.

2. Rayman legends vita; The daimond trophy is not unobtainable, but due to very low player amount very hard to get without the glitch that pops up once half year.Only the real die-hards can do it without it!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Great. The new section is already there. I hope to receive some new info from who follow this thread whenever them (and I) come across new finicky servers/ potentially prone to break features

Thanks for adding this feature, recently I've been looking to complete online trophies that rely on certain generated events participation as they seem to be shut down/broken without notice.

I'd like to suggest Resogun. In the last month, the ability to share a custom ship and like a ship on the servers broke. Luckily the devs still care and this was fixed but this may not always be the case. 

Edited by black__bunny
  • Like 1

I don't know if you want to add this to the "SERVERS TO WATCH OUT!" section or not but Killzone: Shadowfall is one to watch out for, because the game is getting on in years, the player count is declining and the PS5 is coming out in a year or two so will almost certainly siphon off a lot of the remaining players. There are 3 trophies/activities that people need to be aware of, since virtually everything can be done with bots in private games. Jack of All Trades, amongst many other things, requires you to drop an ammo box and have an ally use it but the A.I bots are dumb and never go anywhere near it so has to be done with a friend. The other trophy to look out for is Finders Keepers (DLC), because it can only be done in public games and it's pure RNG - though there is a trick to make it easier: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/insurgent-expansion/313563-how-easily-get-25-online-collectibles.html. The Necromancer trophy (DLC) requires you to revive 20 allies but since the co-op doesn't have matchmaking, you will need a friend to help out.

The PS3 version of Far Cry 3 might be a good candidate as well for the "SERVERS TO WATCH OUT!" section, because the servers are utter trash (not FC2 bad but still awful), which causes serious issues with getting the co-op trophies to pop.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 1

I dunno if this comes under 'Servers to Watch Out For' but I'd add Project CARS to it. Although the servers are fine. The trophy 'Community Ambassador' could become unobtainable on 19th November due to their not being enough events left for it. Recently there was an update for more events but who knows if it'll be the last ones.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I don't know if you want to add this to the "SERVERS TO WATCH OUT!" section or not but Killzone: Shadowfall is one to watch out for, because the game is getting on in years, the player count is declining and the PS5 is coming out in a year or two so will almost certainly siphon off a lot of the remaining players. There are 3 trophies/activities that people need to be aware of, since virtually everything can be done with bots in private games. Jack of All Trades, amongst many other things, requires you to drop an ammo box and have an ally use it but the A.I bots are dumb and never go anywhere near it so has to be done with a friend. The other trophy to look out for is Finders Keepers (DLC), because it can only be done in public games and it's pure RNG - though there is a trick to make it easier: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/insurgent-expansion/313563-how-easily-get-25-online-collectibles.html. The Necromancer trophy (DLC) requires you to revive 20 allies but since the co-op doesn't have matchmaking, you will need a friend to help out.

The PS3 version of Far Cry 3 might be a good candidate as well for the "SERVERS TO WATCH OUT!" section, because the servers are utter trash (not FC2 bad but still awful), which causes serious issues with getting the co-op trophies to pop.

But as long as I'm aware, everything's fine with KZ ShadowFall right?

I don't think it fits in this section because I think it's aimed at erratic and problematic servers, which were broken at some point and luckily were fixed by the devs, etc. KZ Shadowfall will definitely close in 1 to 2 years max, but Sony shall give decent warning about it.

4 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I dunno if this comes under 'Servers to Watch Out For' but I'd add Project CARS to it. Although the servers are fine. The trophy 'Community Ambassador' could become unobtainable on 19th November due to their not being enough events left for it. Recently there was an update for more events but who knows if it'll be the last ones.

Thanks, good call. Totally forgot about Project Cars

4 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

If we go for servers to watch out for then I would like to add Far cry 2 and battlefield bad company as those servers are in a very bad condition and might just die. 

Yup, both already had problems in the past and were fixed, who knows when they will break again and simply never be fixed

26 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

But as long as I'm aware, everything's fine with KZ ShadowFall right?

I don't think it fits in this section because I think it's aimed at erratic and problematic servers, which were broken at some point and luckily were fixed by the devs, etc. KZ Shadowfall will definitely close in 1 to 2 years max, but Sony shall give decent warning about it.

Thanks, good call. Totally forgot about Project Cars

Yup, both already had problems in the past and were fixed, who knows when they will break again and simply never be fixed

KZ4's trophies are fine, they're just a pain to get because of how quiet the servers are. If it doesn't fit the new section, then that's cool :).

Since you've added the "Servers to watch out for" section, there's been two games that caught my eye recently, but the forums for the games state that they're having an impossible time connecting to other players (or their own secondary PS4s):

1. ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny (there's three versions: EU / NA / HK). Two people have posted, both have problems connecting to people that are on at the same time (one with their own two PS4s). There has been one person achieved all three versions, and another couple on one of the versions (I think NA), but google searching only reveals that people have problems. And there's one thread on GameFAQs saying online was shut down over a year ago, but that the Dev "planned to get it back soon" - but I can't find anything saying if this has happened or not.
  2. Overlord FOE. Apparently the servers have always been bad, but there's a recent thread where everyone is saying they can't connect.
  • Like 2

the only real ubi titles that are going to be in trouble are ones like blacklist with online challenges, as so far i think that all ubi's games have p2p servers,

when ubi say they are discontinuing support for a game its normally the uplay(ubisoft club i think its called now?) section that is taken down.

Edited by Leenewbe