[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12

Just finished up Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Finished up the first episode last night and the second one today. I think it falls under the platinum star episodic requirement rather than two gold stars.

At first I wasn't playing this game for this event because I didn't consider the main characters to be "good" people... just ambivalent people doing their jobs.

However, at a particular point in the game, George finishes his job yet still goes into a very dangerous situation in order to save the lives of people he doesn't know....

Also, the entire world. There's literally a trophy in this game called "What Just Happened There?" where the requirement is "Saved the World!"

More of an explanation if you don't mind mild spoilers:

Spoiler

George insures art. A painting gets stolen from the gallery. Toward the end of the first episode, George has enough information that fraud was involved so that he doesn't have to pay out the insurance claim. His job is done.
However, one of the men that they meet along the way is kidnapped along with this man's daughter. George decides to continue along with this adventure in order to save these people.
The stolen painting also has clues on how to kill God and leave Lucifer in power, which would throw the world out of balance. The second episode ends after you take out the villain mastermind who is in the ritual process of killing God. Hence, saving the world

This game also counts toward a different PSNP Event: The Fight Against the PS Plus Backlog.
I'd like to use this icon from this game for that challenge:
10S116db4.png

I'm assuming that since these were episodes that can be used toward a platinum star than they wouldn't be counted as separate games for the 4 Completed Games challenge (Asdivine Hearts, Ni No Kuni 2, Broken Sword 5 Ep. 1, Broken Sword 5 Ep. 2). If they are counted as separate games, though, it would count toward that challenge too.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

Knocked out Assassin's Creed Unity after over 3 years of having the game1S81184b.png, which I reckon fits this month's theme. Overall this game was alright, It was a biggy mess when I first played it but now after a few years of patches it runs pretty well, overall the grind isn't too bad especially after Old Habits in origins.

Challenge wise this is for Toogie's Spring Fling so thats another event

I also got my first trophy years ago so that is another challenge I can tick off

Trying to figure out what I'll play with next month and currently have no idea

• Like 1

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12

Sorry for so many updates in such a short time.

Got the platinum for N.E.R.O. just now. It counts for the minor theme as the character you're controlling is an innocent-- a child

Spoiler

dying of a disease. The story shows him trying to remain positive and comfort his parents along the way while they navigate through their sorrow.

This makes four games this month-- Asdivine Hearts, Ni No Kuni 2, Broken Sword 5 (Ep. 1 & 2), and N.E.R.O.

• Like 1

I completed three more games for this month that should fit the theme and bring my count up to four games in April. All of them fulfill the hardcore requirement and were part of another event as well.

1. Batman: The Enemy Within

2. Yooka-Laylee - it's the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Yooka & Laylee travel around, collect all kinds of stuff, learn new moves, and defeat the main antagonist from Hivory Towers, Capital B.

3. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - as Adéwalé you free a lot of slaves and fight against the evil governor Pierre de Fayet in the end, to save the day.

4. Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island - in this game, an artificial intelligence named CRT wants to rule the world. Skylar was created by that AI, but she can escape to Clover Island where she meets Plux. The duo joins forces to prevent CRT from conquering the world.

Challenges:

- Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
- Complete 4 games within one month.
- Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

Stats at the start of 2018:
Platinum trophies: 240
100% completed: 70
Completion: 99.00%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +39
100% completed: +4
Completion: +0.09%

• Like 1

To the mod of this thread: I've completed my games for this month, LEGO Marvel Superheroes and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Never touching these games again, especially not the first one. I know you can't mod-hack a PS4 game without consequences but if some genie(or half-genie) gave me the ability to do so, I'd totally hack LEGO Marvel Superheroes over so that the flight mechanics worked like in LEGO Marvel Avengers. That's the only LEGO Marvel game I'll ever play again because it was much more fun. I feel really bad for the people who did the OP LEGO Marvels because I am sure they get a tonnage of e-mails flaming them for their horrible beta-testing as I know they were pressured to release LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 unfinished and unfixed due to the company's decision to make money by releasing it just before the holidays instead of waiting until 2018 to fix some of these annoying glitches and without waiting for the DLC to fully release. :(

Please don't get wrong: I did enjoy the plot and the open world of Chronopolis, but the game crashing was horrible and the races requiring a van were a nightmare.

On 10-5-2017 at 7:02 PM, MonthlyMadnessTC said:
  • Current number of achieved platinum trophies
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy
    ^(NOT PSNP's "Completed Games" stat. Count every game that's ticked off (complete-icon.png) in your profile.
  • Current completion percentage

ok I made a mistake with my previous stats, that @MarkusT1992 pointed out..

Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 34 

Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 6

Current completion percentage: as I mentioned 56% ish 

107 games played, 2273 unearned trophies, 2851 earned trophies

1 minute ago, vin_rob said:

ok I made a mistake with my previous stats, that @MarkusT1992 pointed out..

Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 34 

Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 6

Current completion percentage: as I mentioned 56% ish 

107 games played, 2273 unearned trophies, 2851 earned trophies

Impressive timing, I was in the middle of setting up your section. :P

Thanks for the correction.

ShogunCroCop, Mesopithecus, vin_rob, CJ_Mystery, The Spark, Psy-Tychist, JoaoQuique, eigen-space, PermaFox, Dessane, Jesaya815 - you should all be updated now. I apologize for the wait. Impressive work you've all put in!

30 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

Glad I was still on time.. =) 

Not a big deal either way, it can always be changed. There's been a bit of confusion over the platinum/100% thing since the start of the first thread - I did the exact same thing!

On 4/15/2018 at 10:47 AM, Yomako01 said:

May I enter using Rachet and Clank (PS4) for this month's entry?

Sure seems like it'd fit to me.

Well, I didn't want it to come down to this, but as you guys may have noticed with the mess at the start of the month, I'm not doing well. I'm going to be quitting the forums until my stupid brain works again, but I'll stick around and try to get updates in until @RizzleAbbey12 has time. I hope you guys all continue to make progress and have fun.  :)

• Like 3

Hey guys! So as @SyIaris said in the post above, she's going to be taking some time out from the forums. I know I haven't been on for a while and I'm sorry about that. I keep going to come on here but then something comes up or I don't get chance to, but now things should be a lot steadier now so I'm now available to update, but you may just have to bare with me a little :P. Also thank you @SyIaris for helping / looking after the event, you really are a star! ?

You all have been making great progress in your games and with the themes, which is absolutely great to see! :) 

I don't have any updates of my own at the minute as I haven't been on the PS4 for at least a month now :(. I don't really see that changing until the Summer though as State of Decay 2 comes out next month and then Sea of Thieves is getting a ton of new content which is exciting! So I'm going to have to get some Xbox games lined up for the next couple of themes!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

8 more days until the month ends, and I still have a bit to go in Ni No Kuni 2. I think I'm a couple of chapters from the end. I wanted to complete as many sidequests as I can today, but there's so much. I think I have a few I can do before I move on. I wanted this last week to do the grindy stuff though.

Since I'm on not using a guide, I hope I've done a lot now, so I wouldn't have much to do later on.

20 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Well, I didn't want it to come down to this, but as you guys may have noticed with the mess at the start of the month, I'm not doing well. I'm going to be quitting the forums until my stupid brain works again, but I'll stick around and try to get updates in until @RizzleAbbey12 has time. I hope you guys all continue to make progress and have fun.  :)

hope you'll feel better soon again then :)

On 4/21/2018 at 1:48 PM, SyIaris said:

Sorry to hear that, you will definitely be missed around here.  Take care of yourself and hopefully we will see you back soon :)

Ok this is my first month in this event so please bear with me..

I've Finished, Ni No Kuni, the Telltale batman season 2 and the final trophies for the uncharted 4 platina this month.. I've done the hardcore requirement in 1 of those games probabaly lol..

And i've finished bloodborne but that doesn't fit the theme i guess.. 

Not sure if it counts.. But I've played A Way Out with @MarkusT1992 and he got his platina I didn't since I didn't own the game.. but you could say I've "finished" it with him..

So this month I gained 4 platina trophies =) 

20 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Seasons After Fall :platinum:

1. April theme
  2. Part of another event

Platinum: 13

100%: 12

Completion: 33.22%

Your now updated! :) 

2 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Ok this is my first month in this event so please bear with me..

I've Finished, Ni No Kuni, the Telltale batman season 2 and the final trophies for the uncharted 4 platina this month.. I've done the hardcore requirement in 1 of those games probabaly lol..

And i've finished bloodborne but that doesn't fit the theme i guess.. 

Not sure if it counts.. But I've played A Way Out with @MarkusT1992 and he got his platina I didn't since I didn't own the game.. but you could say I've "finished" it with him..

So this month I gained 4 platina trophies =) 

Your now updated! :) I've put Batman and Uncharted 4 in your stats for this month and have also updated your platinum stats as well to include Bloodborne which, your right about it not counting.

As for A Way Out, I wouldn't be able to count that as you don't have any trophies unlocked for it and it also doesn't count for the theme anyway. 

Congrats on all of the platinums though! It looks like you been busy! :) 

• Like 2

On 23.4.2018 at 7:02 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

As for A Way Out, I wouldn't be able to count that as you don't have any trophies unlocked for it and it also doesn't count for the theme anyway. 

Congrats on all of the platinums though! It looks like you been busy! :) 

Heavy spoilers for A Way Out ahead

Sure, you play as two guys breaking out of prison and do many kinds of bad things but (Only open if you have played the game or don't mind spoilers)

So you could argue that, in some way, you are a good person. At least 50% of the main characters. And Vincent just does his job as an police officer.

If I somehow convinced you than that would be a star for me, as I got the plat in that game.

One of the two guys, Vincent, is actually an undercover cop. The whole game is a setup to get to the man behind a failed arrest.

You even fight each other at the end.

Also at some points in the game you have to decide how to aproach a situation. Vincent's aproach is always as peacful as possible.

Another game that I finished and counts for sure is LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7.

It also should count for the HC as you save the wizzardry world by defeating Voldemort.

Also counts for because of this event.

Edited by MarkusT1992

Just got the platinum in far cry 5, where the main theme is saving hope county from evil cult leader Joseph seed and his disciples. The game is fun to play although I does have a few annoying things in it.if you've played a far cry game before you know what to expect. 1S877700.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: 57 (+9)

100% completed 21 (+0)

Completion: 60.62 (+2.55%

I'm assuming that the Tech category is going to with for May so I'm asking for help on picking a game.
I believe all of these would meet the minor requirement, but does anyone know if it would meet the HC requirement? 

Gravity Rush Remastered
HyperDimension Neptunia
Lili: Child of Geos
NieR: Automata
Unmechanical: Extended

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

I'm assuming that the Tech category is going to with for May so I'm asking for help on picking a game.
I believe all of these would meet the minor requirement, but does anyone know if it would meet the HC requirement? 

Gravity Rush Remastered
HyperDimension Neptunia
Lili: Child of Geos
NieR: Automata
Unmechanical: Extended

Nier: Automata definitely fits HC requirement as it takes place 11945AD

I don't recall a specific year being mentioned in the Hyperdimension games though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Nier: Automata definitely fits HC requirement as it takes place 11945AD

I don't recall a specific year being mentioned in the Hyperdimension games though.

I'm finding it difficult to find years for these games. Either they aren't mentioned whatsoever or they aren't on an "Earth" calendar. I tried to look some of them up, but I don't want to accidentally read spoilers...