[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Okay, everyone should be updated now. Sorry for the delay, haven't had much time for game stuff.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:25 PM, vin_rob said:

Hi, 

I was talking to @MarkusT1992 and thinking about joining..

Only I've finished Ni No Kuni 2 and Batman this month.. Do they still count for this month even if I sign up from now?? 

If so, should I then state the platinum / completed games without those 2 games 

Sure, you're welcome to join, welcome to count them, and I'll get you added once you post your starting stats.  :)

On 4/2/2018 at 4:28 PM, SyIaris said:

There's some kind of voodoo with this thread where one of us is specifically mentioned and the other does the updates. It's rather funny.  :lol:

As mentioned, you can sub in something else you've beaten. For instance, it looks like you beat Monster Hunter World last month, so you could sub that in for a silver. There's also no penalty for leaving it empty - heck, I've got zilch for January/February myself. Just lose out on some bragging rights~

Ah, are they cut that badly? I do vaguely remember Batman 3 being... not ideal. Shame, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time there's a big difference between console and handheld versions of the same game.

Got a note down on your list, but we'll leave it like that until you have a game to sub in or otherwise confirm it in May.

To add on; only if that mode's an emulation of a 2005/earlier version.

I am certain it is an emulation of earlier than 2005.

Also, an update: finished the story of Wolfenstein 2, which absolutely fits April's theme.

Was going to include LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, but I keep missing a minikit in every level I play even with a guide and the minikit finder. Maybe I'm just getting too old for LEGO games. :( I do have LEGO Marvel Superheroes at 35%, all I have to do is 100% all of the Free Play and punish myself with the remaining hub world collectibles. At 53/250 Gold Bricks, 10/115 tokens and 9/50 Stan Lees rescued and 4/11 Red Bricks.

April Update

Game Completed:  Kingdom Hearts 2

This game fits the theme as you play as Sora, who is a good character :D  He also kind of fits the "supers" identity as he can make a keyblade appear out of thin air, change forms and even fly (glide)

Challenges Completed:

• Hardcore Requirement - Sora saves a lot of worlds from the Heartless
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog and KH Let's Play
  • Complete a retro game - Kingdom Hearts 2 was originally released December 2005
  • Like 1

On 9-4-2018 at 10:56 PM, SyIaris said:

Makes a bit more sense to me to leave them out, but whatever you'd prefer works.

Ok sorry for the delay, but I had a tough work week.. 

so starting stats are 107 games played, 36 games completed, 34 platina's, 2273 unearned trophies, 2851 earned trophies 

completion rate isn't really something I can calculate back.. so let's say that would be 56% ish.. ? i'm usually a bit around that

hope this is enough info? 

I have an update, I have platinumed one of the two games I nominated for this month, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. It was an ordeal but I eventually got through it. I'll try to platinum the original LEGO Marvel Superheroes later this month, but for now I want to not think about Gold Bricks for a while. ;)

Also, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 should count for the Hardcore req because the story is about some guy who fuses Manhattan with a bunch of other Marvel comic realities and a couple of historical eras and tries to oppress everyone like a tyrant for his bloodlust and the Avengers have to defeat him to save everyone from his despotism. (Then again, if anyone knows who Kang the f'king Conquerer is, I don't think I need to elaborate further. The voice acting is spot on.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 what exactly was the "moral high ground" theme from January? Because I got the platinum in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and I don't know if I should have told so here.

Anyway, I just got the third platinum of the year (so my stats are: +3 on platinum, +1 on 100%), in Telltale's Batman. I didn't like the game at all, it was running too much on soap opera logic and ut had too little of actual logic. Search my status updates for a couple dozen examples I was annoyed by :)

It definitely counts for April, and even the hardcore requirement. I plan on getting the platinum in Assassin's Creed Origins this month too, though - ready to unlock but I want it to be trophy number 7000.

13 hours ago, The Spark said:

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 what exactly was the "moral high ground" theme from January? Because I got the platinum in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and I don't know if I should have told so here.

Anyway, I just got the third platinum of the year (so my stats are: +3 on platinum, +1 on 100%), in Telltale's Batman. I didn't like the game at all, it was running too much on soap opera logic and ut had too little of actual logic. Search my status updates for a couple dozen examples I was annoyed by :)

It definitely counts for April, and even the hardcore requirement. I plan on getting the platinum in Assassin's Creed Origins this month too, though - ready to unlock but I want it to be trophy number 7000.

Looking at the games I finished in January I think  it was moral choices. With the hardcore being someone having to change sides during the game. But I'm not 100% sure anymore.

I have finished Far Cry: Blood Dragon, which I don't think would qualify in my personal view.

Even though the character of Rex Power Colt does save the day, saving the 2007 world of neon and cyber-commandos, he rips the hearts out of his enemies and is a lousy 'good guy'.

If you think that's a good option then a Gold Star is in the offing.

I will Plat Enigmatis 3 soon and that will count however. The protagonist saves the world/day/weird asian mountain range from an otherworldly demon. That mostly works.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:14 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

At 82% trophy complete for LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Will put the original in cold status for now so I can focus on other games when the time comes. I still haven't unwrapped Ni No Kuni 2 yet. xD

If you start it now, you could reasonably get the platinum before the end of the month. I've been playing it for about a week now and the rest of the trophies I have to go are just some post game cleanup which shouldn't take more than a day or two.

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Looking at the games I finished in January I think  it was moral choices. With the hardcore being someone having to change sides during the game. But I'm not 100% sure anymore.

This is accurate.

Update: After all hassle we've had, I think I can now claim some grades and stars:

• Platinum Grade for Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - well, technically tsundere are good people, and here Noire (any her party) were even saving the world... (I will say about hardcore requirements soon below)
  • Platinum Star for Atelier Escha & Logy Plus - maybe a prerequisite condition to be a main protagonist from an Atelier game is being prone to help other people... :hmm:
  • Golden Star for Different PSNP event challenge - Atelier Escha & Logy is listed as part of Spring Fling;
  • Golden Star for Hardcore Challenge - as I've said before, the world (of Gamarket) was saved by Noire and her friends in Hyperdevotion Noire (should I say that Noire is the leader of her party?).

Some requests:

• Please pick as April's game the icon of Atelier Escha & Logy's Platinum: 1Sa9a35b.png
  • Please change the "Hardcore Challenge" icon for Hyperdevotion Noire's Platinum icon: 1S4ebc2e.png
  • Please fix the "Platinum Star" in March - it refers to Machinarium, and should be a Golden Star instead of Platinum Star;

And finally, mu updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +5

Completion: +1,25%

Thanks.

• Like 1

I quick update from me.

After finishing Guardians of Galaxy early this month I'm still working on LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7.

I'm nearly done with the story, only three levels left. After that starts the real fun. So far I got around 50% of all the collectables but still a long way to go.

I still want to do Batman Season 2 this month and maybe a short fourth game.

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12

Just finished Ni No Kuni 2.
The main character is definitely a good/pure-hearted character. His main goal is to build a world where everyone is happy, even people who have done him wrong.

It also fits the hardcore requirement. I don't know how much I can say that will spoil major plot points but I'll try to do spoilers within spoilers lol:

Spoiler

The game at first starts out by Evan wanting to get all kingdoms to sign a treaty so everyone can live happily ever after, but not too far into the game you find that the game's big villain is trying to reawaken his old kingdom.

Spoiler

And to reawaken his old kingdom, he needs to steal the souls of people....

Spoiler

And then after he steals all the souls, his Kingmaker rips a hole in the sky that is going to suck everything into a dimensional rift. And Evan stops this.

Also, I'd like to use this game for my image this month rather than Asdivine :)

Edited by eigen-space

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12

Just finished Ni No Kuni 2.
The main character is definitely a good/pure-hearted character. His main goal is to build a world where everyone is happy, even people who have done him wrong.

It also fits the hardcore requirement. I don't know how much I can say that will spoil major plot points but I'll try to do spoilers within spoilers lol:

Reveal hidden contents

The game at first starts out by Evan wanting to get all kingdoms to sign a treaty so everyone can live happily ever after, but not too far into the game you find that the game's big villain is trying to reawaken his old kingdom.

Hide contents

And to reawaken his old kingdom, he needs to steal the souls of people....

Hide contents

And then after he steals all the souls, his Kingmaker rips a hole in the sky that is going to suck everything into a dimensional rift. And Evan stops this.

Also, I'd like to use this game for my image this month rather than Asdivine :)

G-DAMNIT! I really need to unwrap my copy of this game before clicking on spoilers. Once I platinum Shantae I'll get on it. xD

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

G-DAMNIT! I really need to unwrap my copy of this game before clicking on spoilers. Once I platinum Shantae I'll get on it. xD

And I even put spoilers inside of spoilers!!!! Shame on you! :P 
Don't worry, though, I didn't spoil the super major OMG stuff. Because there's at least one of those.

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 

I got the platinum in Assassin's Creed Origins and I loved that game so much more than Telltale's Batman so I want to use its image instead of Batman's for this month.

1Sbf0add.png

That's two platinums and a 100% this month. Both platinums work for the hardcore requirement. I also got all DLC 100%ed for Origins.