[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

4 hours ago, PermaFox said:

May Update:

Life is Strange :platinum:

• Theme
  • Part of another event

It may involve spoilers but how does Life is Strange have technology and dates set in the future?

Spoiler

I know small scale time travel is involved but no tech that I saw during the episodes I played...

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It may involve spoilers but how does Life is Strange have technology and dates set in the future?

Reveal hidden contents

I know small scale time travel is involved but no tech that I saw during the episodes I played...

Does it have to be future tech? or tech in general? Because there's 1 main one that she uses consistently.

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Does it have to be future tech? or tech in general? Because there's 1 main one that she uses consistently.

The description says "futuristic technology of any sort" so I'm not sure that general tech qualifies. I would think that futuristic tech would be anything that doesn't currently exist in today's world... but that's just my way of thinking about it.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, PermaFox said:

May Update:

Life is Strange :platinum:

• Theme
  • Part of another event

May Technology: "Advanced Time Traveling Machine".  Traveling into the future and then back again in Life is Strange is definitely not something  that exists normally.  Of course, I could be wrong. I think my neighbor has some kind of time traveling thing, or at least he tells me he does ?

• Like 1

For anyone who doesn't have a game in mind for this month, Tacoma is out tomorrow on PS4 - a sci-fi walking sim from the Gone Home team, it had some very good reviews / reactions when it first came out for Xbox & PC last year.

15 hours ago, PermaFox said:

May Technology: "Advanced Time Traveling Machine".  Traveling into the future and then back again in Life is Strange is definitely not something  that exists normally.  Of course, I could be wrong. I think my neighbor has some kind of time traveling thing, or at least he tells me he does 1f914.png

I think the confusion is that Max doesn't use any technology to time travel - she doesn't have a Delorean, just a mysterious power.

Late on my April update, sorry guys.

With my time to play games decreasing as work busy season picks up, I’ve decided to adjust my approach to this event and just go for story completions of monthly themes. That said, idk what I’ll play for May lol.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes - Story Completion

Never Alone - All Released DLC

(For March 4-in-1, Abzu)

Regarding June/November, looking at the themes I always thought they’d be a pick your own adventure type of month where we, free from thematic restraint, picked a game from our backlog to complete. The HCR could be something like “Must have last earned a trophy over a year ago” or “been in your backlog for 3 years” or something like that.

• Like 1

@XX_FTW, Never Alone is a GREAT game, but it definitely doesn't have any tech aspects. It's all about the Inuit lifestyle.

Also, as one of the additional challenges for this event in general is to complete a game where you earned a trophy over a year ago, I don't think it's a good idea to duplicate that as a HC requirement. 

Edited by eigen-space

9 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@XX_FTW, Never Alone is a GREAT game, but it definitely doesn't have any tech aspects. It's all about the Inuit lifestyle.

Also, as one of the additional challenges for this event in general is to complete a game where you earned a trophy over a year ago, I don't think it's a good idea to duplicate that as a HC requirement. 

I liked the main portion of the game, but it had some glitches etc. The DLC was complete garbage, glitchy as hell too.

17 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I liked the main portion of the game, but it had some glitches etc. The DLC was complete garbage, glitchy as hell too.

I think some of the spirits and the bolas were super sensitive.... but I can't recall anything being glitchy. What problems were you having?

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

I think some of the spirits and the bolas were super sensitive.... but I can't recall anything being glitchy. What problems were you having?

I live streamed it, but I don't have it anymore. Ran into glitch after glitch. The puzzles were also of way lower quality than the rest of the game IMO, and it was pretty short. Liked the main game, thought the DLC was garbage.

Just now, MMDE said:

I live streamed it, but I don't have it anymore. Ran into glitch after glitch. The puzzles were also of way lower quality than the rest of the game IMO, and it was pretty short. Liked the main game, thought the DLC was garbage.

Hmm. Might have been a streaming issue? I had it downloaded and had no issues. But I can definitely see what you're saying about the puzzles... there wasn't much to them... pretty easy to figure out. I personally found them a bit more challenging than you probably did... not because the logic parts of the puzzles were difficult, but rather because they required a certain amount of dexterity that I don't have :) 
I thought the boss in the DLC was fun to figure out. But it was just more of the same.

48 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Hmm. Might have been a streaming issue? I had it downloaded and had no issues. But I can definitely see what you're saying about the puzzles... there wasn't much to them... pretty easy to figure out. I personally found them a bit more challenging than you probably did... not because the logic parts of the puzzles were difficult, but rather because they required a certain amount of dexterity that I don't have :) 
I thought the boss in the DLC was fun to figure out. But it was just more of the same.

Nah, had nothing to do with me streaming it. Can't remember all the glitches, but these were some due to pretty shoddy job on the developers side.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:57 PM, PermaFox said:

May Technology: "Advanced Time Traveling Machine".  Traveling into the future and then back again in Life is Strange is definitely not something  that exists normally.  Of course, I could be wrong. I think my neighbor has some kind of time traveling thing, or at least he tells me he does 1f914.png

I agree. Personally, LiS should get the time traveling requirement for the May theme.  

@RizzleAbbey12, just finished the story for Romancing SaGa 2 (indicated by Hero of Legend trophy). I have two trophies left but I'm bored with the game and not in the mood to grind them out. So it'll probably just stay at story completion.

Minor Theme-- There's a robot in the game called Coppelia who has advanced AI that you can recruit for your team (which nets you a trophy). She's even so self-sufficient that she chooses her own actions in the game, unlike any other character. She can even become the emperor (which has another trophy tied to it).

As for Life is Strange... I haven't played it so I don't know how the time travel works but... if any sort of machine is involved for the time travel, I think it should count. If it's just a supernatural or super power, then there is no tech so it shouldn't count.

• Like 1

Somehow completed the lightning dodging in Final Fantasy X and acquired the platinum for it :)

I think it would count towards the requirements, as it contains enemies that are machines, but are much more advanced than most of the games world. It also contains an Airship.

It would also fulfil these.

• tFiJcto.png Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.
  • tFiJcto.png Complete a retro game (Released originally in 2002)
Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 1:45 PM, Fitzquaid said:

I think the confusion is that Max doesn't use any technology to time travel - she doesn't have a Delorean, just a mysterious power.

Thats what I was thinking.

I completed Sa90ae1.png and S3bea33.png which fulfil the Technology portion. I'm going to be stringent and say that neither of these officially use tech past 2025 as the Delorean uses tech from 2015 (supposedly) and even though the tech in GotG is advanced the actual timeline is the same as ours so set in the early 2000's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Id like the idea of a month that includes co-op, where the game we complete must have some sort of co-op/ multiplayer aspect. The HCR could be must include a trophy related to co-op.

This kills the Dessane.

Solid idea though