LordPickleweasel

Reaching Legend Rank 250 - Farming EXP Method

14 posts in this topic

Whether this is the best method or not, can be debated.

So I have been running the "Stuffed Turtle" quarantine zone, on normal difficulty, for the past 4 hours, and I was able to farm 600 Disaster Relief Packages.

After I quit out and put the game on Nightmare Difficulty, and returned to the "Quartermaster", and return all the DRP (Disaster Relief Packages). Which would give me 120,000 EXP per DRP.

Now, I know if you are really into the game, the DRP will not be worth 120,000 EXP. I believe, a person must pass a certain point in the story so they become more valuable.

So, I would acquire 72,000,000 EXP within a 4-hour span. Keep in mind, I was watching movies at the same time, to keep me from losing my mind. 

Now, it may vary per person. What I was specifically doing is...

• Use the grappling hook to the switch, and turn it off. (Thus removing the electric current that is on the floor)
  • Grab all the DRP in the main area.
  • Lockpick, and open the door.
  • Run through the zombies, and jump over the obstacles into the first room, and kill the zombie on the floor.
  • Grab the package, leave the room the room, but remain on the obstacles (shelves) until the "Bloater", exploding zombie, goes off. (9 times out of 10, if you are on top of the objects, it will not kill you)
  • Quickly dash into the room, and grab the package.
  • Run through the zombies again, through the main area, and out the front door.
  • Repeat the process.

If you have any questions, or better yet improvements, please feel free to post.

This is the Spoiler in the story, where I believe the DRP become more valuable.

Spoiler

Once you have passed the part where DRP are no longer being dropped, I believe, they become more valuable on Nightmare difficulty.

Edited by XSVForce19

Weren't people just duping DRP's?  Wouldn't that save a lot of time? 

6 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Weren't people just duping DRP's?  Wouldn't that save a lot of time? 

Possibly, but I do not know the duplicating trick, and if you someone wanted to do it, legitimately, this is a way.

Yes, it would take a lot longer than duplicating, but I like a bit of a challenge, and a grind once in awhile.

This is just another method if people want to actually grind to 250.

Fairly certain there isn't a way to dupe anymore, as that required dropping back and forth to someone else online, but that doesn't work as you can't drop the packages to other players anymore.

you can just easely duplicate it, jsut get like 10 packages to strart with then do the following thing.

1. Join any online person.

2. Go to your stash and put your packages in there

3. close your stash but keep looking at it so you still see the ''press square to acces stash'' message.

4. press start/options and choose dropout, then quickly press square once.

5. if all goes well you should now be back in your own game with the stash open, drop the packages directly from your stash onto the ground (R3)
6. exit the stash, pick up the stuff and repeat

All your packeges shouls double each time. the game might crash on you if you take to long being in your stash once ur back in your own game. so do it fast.

Hope this helps, (author from the Dying Light Parkour Fever DLC Guide)

23 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

you can just easely duplicate it, jsut get like 10 packages to strart with then do the following thing.

3. close your stash but keep looking at it so you still see the ''press square to acces stash'' message.

5. if all goes well you should now be back in your own game with the stash open, drop the packages directly from your stash onto the ground (R3)

All your packeges shouls double each time. the game might crash on you if you take to long being in your stash once ur back in your own game. so do it fast.

I do appreciate the explanation for duplicated DRP's. I will do it legitimately, only because I have time to waste. Again, also thank you for your guide. It did help me a lot with the Sweaty Hands? Trophy.

So, there you have it people, two methods for your grind to Legend rank 250. Whether it's be farming quarantine zones, or duplicated. 

12 hours ago, XSVForce19 said:

I do appreciate the explanation for duplicated DRP's. I will do it legitimately, only because I have time to waste. Again, also thank you for your guide. It did help me a lot with the Sweaty Hands? Trophy.

I made the Parkour Fever Guide, not the following. lol

You can do the dupe trick by yourself too. It involves taking your lan cable out and pressing a button on the pad at the exact moment the disconnection message comes up. 

Could anyone please confirm if this method still works? I need to level up my agility to level 25, is there any other easy way available?

P.S. I've Dying Light Enhanced Edition with latest update.

On 20/5/2017 at 1:53 AM, gamesfourever said:

it still works? I can't do it :S

2 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

@Cleggworth was able to do it the other day, but it wouldn’t work for me. I can exit the other person’s game with my stash open (though have to disconnect in settings rather than dropping out in-game, guess I’m too slow) but my packages are never in there. After hours of attempts I gave up and just farmed stuffed turtle till about level 90 to max out the more important skills. Good thing I don’t mind grinding. :P 

The guide you quoted says to store the packages when you’re in the other person’s lobby whereas the other guides I’d been following said to do it before you joined. But I’ve just tried both and neither worked, so not sure what the issue is. But it definitely still works for some people.

4 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

I did the method slightly differently

1. Drop the packages you want to dupe in the stash

2. Face the stash so the open prompt is visible

3. Find a game which is on the same map as you with a poor connection, you may have to wait a moment as the game populates the list with good connections first

4. When the game is loading wait until the loading icon disappears then disconnect from the network via settings and immediately turn it back on again (I found the best way was to navigate to the necessary menu first so a double tap of the ps button will take you there and back quickly)

5. Return to the game to find the disconnection messages

6. hammer square to open the stash box as the game returns to your solo game

7. scroll to the packages, r3 to drop ∆ all, O immediately as the game will crash

8. Pick up packages

I wonder if this method works, at least for me anyway, because you don't actually join anyone's game? You can't drop DRPs for other players anymore maybe that's why it doesn't work by joining someone and dropping out

36 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

@Cleggworth was able to do it the other day, but it wouldn’t work for me. I can exit the other person’s game with my stash open (though have to disconnect in settings rather than dropping out in-game, guess I’m too slow) but my packages are never in there. After hours of attempts I gave up and just farmed stuffed turtle till about level 90 to max out the more important skills. Good thing I don’t mind grinding. :P 

The guide you quoted says to store the packages when you’re in the other person’s lobby whereas the other guides I’d been following said to do it before you joined. But I’ve just tried both and neither worked, so not sure what the issue is. But it definitely still works for some people.

:/ I'll try then if something works. If u find any duplication glitch that still works quote me please! 

On 2/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, alexhardstyle said:

:/ I'll try then if something works. If u find any duplication glitch that still works quote me please! 

This is super late, apologies-- but I can confirm that the outlined method above your post does still work, with occasional crashing if you move too quick. I was able to do it less than a week ago to gear up and get the frickin' Bozak trophies out of the way.

It works better if you're able to hardwire, as all you'd have to do is unplug the ethernet cable from your console immediately after you confirm joining someone else's game.

Edited by Xannic