Favorite Machine?

As you may know there's a wide variety of machines in HZD, all carrying their unique attributes. I was wondering what everyone's favorite was? Mine's would be the Stormbird. The sheer size and combat method of that creature fascinated me, although there are a lot of others I liked too. Let me know your favorites! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't fought Stormbirds and Deathbringers yet. Apart from those i enjoyed fighting the Thunderjaws the most. Although most bigger enemies prove a decent challenge and are fun to fight. Then i'm even talking about Bellowbacks, Sawtooths, Lancehorns, Glinthawks, Stalkers, and so on. Rockbreakers were the toughest and the only enemy i wasn't able to beat when i encountered it for the first time. I think i was killed by a Stormbird once though, close to a village in the Northeast where you can start 2 quests. I was fighting some machines on the ground there when that big bird attacked me and killed me instantly.

Edited by Lars
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think my favorite design is the Broadhead and Trampler. The Watchers are my favorite creature in the game though. I think they are historical when they attack you and fall over, and the animations they have after they spot you for the first time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to go with the Thunderjaw. Not just they look awesome, but their a good example of Horizon Zero Dawn combat system. I mean you could spam it with broad head arrows, but that would take forever. But blowing off its armor, hacking a ravager to help you out and use its own disk launcher against it, and suddenly these mechanism monstrosity become as easy as a Long leg to take down.

Worse Machine though without question, is the Rockbreakers. They're pretty much a giant robotic elephant seal that spit out rocks at you constantly and can swim underground like an Tremor. Fast, Strong, invulnerable and difficult to predict, it always a chores to take one down, but their usually are in pairs. Fortunately they are one of the rarest robot to encounter, but I've rather fight a Deathbringer anytime.

Edited by Pershing24

I've seen, fought & killed them all but it's just too hard to name one favorite.

However I really like Stormbirds, even though they're oddly the toughest to fight IMO. Seriously, I can take down ANY other machine with ease, except those freaking Stormbirds. I mean it's not that hard, just takes me longer than it probably should. But to be fair I've only fought like 3 of them, probably just need a bit more practice.

(EDIT: actually I take that back. After a couple more fights I figured them out. Still one of my favorite machines though.)

Stalkers are pretty cool too. Fast & favors stealth, exactly how I prefer playing most games.

On 6/15/2017 at 4:24 PM, syumisan said:

The Tall Neck seems pretty cool, just imagine if they attacked? Hahaha

LOL I'd love to see that. They're awesome.

Edited by Ac3NiNjA

• 3 weeks later...