L.A. Noire remaster Realeases November 14

snakebit10

There is a rumor going around about a possible L.A, Noire remaster with first person mode and VR support.

Rockstar hasn't confirmed anything yet.

I think I would play it again. If I didn't have anything else to play.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/20/la-noire-remastered-rumours-vr-support-and-first-person-mode-com/

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60266/4-New-Versions-of-L-A-NOIRE-Coming-November-14?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lanoire-09072017&utm_term=newswire

Edited by snakebit10

I wouldn't mind platting L.A. Noire again, great game. Don't give a shit about the VR option. I actually think it's weird for them to add a VR option to the game, not something Rockstar would do, and because of that, I'm gonna take this rumor with a grin of salt because it's probably fake. 

• Like 1

I loved this game but I wouldn't replay it again. I had to do it twice four years ago and because I knew everything that was going to happen, It made it more of a chore. Those collectibles were a pain to collect too. 

My bullshit senses are tingling. :P There's no way this is real, but let's just pretend it is for a second. I'd totally play it again. It's one of my favourite Rockstar games. I mean yeah, I already know what's going to happen, but the same can be said of any game I've played more than once. It's still enjoyable.

• Like 2

Hmm...I wouldn't mind picking up a remastered version of L.A. Noire, not just for the first person mode but to have the opportunity to jump back into the world that was created for the game (based on 1940's Los Angeles). It was fun walking and driving around the world the game portrayed. I don't see Rockstar doing this (moving forward with the remaster), but if they did, I would support it.

Personally, I'd rather see someone find a way to pick up the rights for the long-dead Whore of the Orient (the canceled Team Bondi game that was to come out after L.A. Noire) and release it (once it was finished and overhauled with new tech advances that have been made since the game was originally canceled). It seemed promising on paper and was going to use the same facial capture technology that was used in Noire. I would love to one day have the chance to explore the 1930's-era Shanghai being depicted in the game, even if it (the game) got a bunch of hate for supposedly being racist.

More Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_the_Orient

1101890-l-1463805631.jpg

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 3

Considering all the fairly popular actors in that game and the nightmare it'd probably be to get the okay to use their faces again, I feel like this could be fake. Unless they do the motion capture again, which is totally possible. If it is real though, I'd be down to give it a try. Never got to play it on my 360.

Not believing this story for a second. Red Dead Redemption has a better chance of being remastered thanks to the sequel coming up and I wouldn't buy that news item either without official confirmation.

14 minutes ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

Hmm...I wouldn't mind picking up a remastered version of L.A. Noire, not just for the first person mode but to have the opportunity to jump back into the world that was created for the game (based on 1940's Los Angeles). It was fun walking and driving around the world the game portrayed. I don't see Rockstar doing this (moving forward with the remaster), but if they did, I would support it.

Personally, I'd rather see someone find a way to pick up the rights for the long-dead Whore of the Orient (the canceled Team Bondi game that was to come out after L.A. Noire) and release it (once it was finished and overhauled with new tech advances that have been made since the game was originally canceled). It seemed promising on paper and was going to use the same facial capture technology that was used in Noire. I would love to one day have the chance to explore the 1930's-era Shanghai being depicted in the game, even if it (the game) got a bunch of hate for supposedly being racist.

1101890-l-1463805631.jpg

Still a shame they never got it finished, I was really looking forward to it.

28 minutes ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

1101890-l-1463805631.jpg

Honestly, I don't know how marketable a game with the word "Whore" in the title would be.

You just know some people would be extremely upset.

Anyway, I love LA Noire so I wouldn't mind getting a remaster for it. Even though I lack just a few trophies from the platinum on the PS3 version. I just can't be bothered to hunt down the ten remaining cars that I haven't found yet.

If someone knows of a cheap way of finding cars you haven't unlocked, I'm all ears.

3 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Honestly, I don't know how marketable a game with the word "Whore" in the title would be.

You just know some people would be extremely upset.

Anyway, I love LA Noire so I wouldn't mind getting a remaster for it. Even though I lack just a few trophies from the platinum on the PS3 version. I just can't be bothered to hunt down the ten remaining cars that I haven't found yet.

If someone knows of a cheap way of finding cars you haven't unlocked, I'm all ears.

It would probably make it sell better, especially if they changed the name at the last possible point. Controversy like that has only ever resulted in better sales as long as the game itself is decent, though having a curse word in the title may make people think twice about wanting to be seen with it.

Getting those last few common cars is a bitch. Just keep trying the method of going into the display, pressing x, then loading a game. The wikia has some good tips for locations, though most of the specific areas (like car parks and driveways) are actually random, unless they are a quest location, then they tend to be set cars. Very satisfying platinum when it pops.

3 hours ago, Playsonic2 said:

I'd say once is enough as well.

If they did it with Max Payne 3 I'd definitely get that one though, despite beating it a handful of times already.

Yes a Max Payne 3 remaster would be amazing! Finished the game probably 5-6 times on all difficulties on PC. I love that game so much. 

L.A Noire was a good game if you play it in small bursts and not go at it 7-8 hours everyday like i did, Got kinda booring for me.

But for the right price i would consider buying it again.

Edited by Quink666

4 minutes ago, kusuriuriPT said:

i didnt finish this game, i bought it digitally and i dont know why, it runned terrible on my ps3. Frame drops...weird glitches...map would disappear...all the works!

It was hard on the XBox 360, too. Pushed both pretty much to their limits.

Plat it once don't feel like Plating it again.

the game was a blast when I played it the first time, but those conversations where you need to tell whose lying and whose not was not so fun to attempt them all 100% accurate at all

don't get me wrong, the technology they used on the facial animation was ahead of its time yes, but it was so difficult to read if the suspect is lying, hiding something, or telling the truth. 

5 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

There is a rumor going around about a possible L.A, Noire remaster with first person mode and VR support.

Rockstar hasn't confirmed anything yet.

I think I would play it again. If I didn't have anything else to play.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/20/la-noire-remastered-rumours-vr-support-and-first-person-mode-com/

Worth a mention that the source of these rumors was the first to spill the beans on the Mario + Rabbids game as well as Scalebound's cancellation and those turned out to be true so don't dismiss this thing yet...

5 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

I doubt it. Team Bondi was liquidated after the game was published, Rockstar was just the publisher and eventual owner of the intellectual property.

Yeah so? They own the Ip, they can put anyone they want working on this supposed Remaster, Team Bondi isn't needed.

3 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Considering all the fairly popular actors in that game and the nightmare it'd probably be to get the okay to use their faces again, I feel like this could be fake. Unless they do the motion capture again, which is totally possible. If it is real though, I'd be down to give it a try. Never got to play it on my 360.

That won't prevent anything, they can re-release the game again and again until the end of times and don't have to pay them or even ask for their permission ever again, they sold their likeness and voices to the game and got payed for it so as long as they don't rebuild anything from the ground up so it's considered a brand new project they can do whatever they want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torracat83 said:

It was hard on the XBox 360, too. Pushed both pretty much to their limits.

the game originally supposed to be a ps3 exclusive, guess Microsoft got so pissed went to Rockstar studio and throw money at team bondi for a 360 port, the results is the 360 version got downgraded graphically, the facial animation remain the same as the ps3's but the draw distance on objectsome like cars, buildings, and the shadows and small details like rocks and small bits wasn't on pair with the ps3's.