Your favorite anime game!

KojiKeitaro

Anime-styled games or games based on animes?

regardless, I'll go with DBZ Budokai Series.

Same here. I haven't played many games based off anime, but the Dragon Ball Z fighting games are fantastic. I think a Rurouni Kenshin game could be absolutely fantastic, or a Cowboy Bebop, GTA style game.

Parker

• Like 2

Same here. I haven't played many games based off anime, but the Dragon Ball Z fighting games are fantastic. I think a Rurouni Kenshin game could be absolutely fantastic, or a Cowboy Bebop, GTA style game.

Parker

the old Rurouni Kenshin games for PS1 & PS2 are pretty cool but it would be nice to get a new one.ill have to go with the Gundam games. just wish we could get more than DWG here in NA.

Too hard to pick just one so I'll list a few of my favourites considering some are VNs though I guess some people won't count them.

*Note the games are listed in no particular order*

Games that are based on, include an anime series' characters or storyline or had a series made based on the game:

• Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series
  • A.C.E. R: Another Century's Episode R
  • Accel World
  • Fate/stay night
  • Accel World
  • Dragon Ball Z Budokai series
  • Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes
  • Sengoku Basara
  • Persona series
  • Hyperdimension Neptune series
  • The Reminisence of Haruhi Suzumiya - Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou
  • The iDOLM@STER series
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
  • AQUAPAZZA - AquaPlus Dream Match-
  • Devil May Cry
  • K-On!

Games that utilise the style or have known companies doing the clips/character designs

• Tales of series
  • BlazBlue series
  • Guilty Gear series
  • Ar Tonelico series

Parker

A Rurouni Kenshin game came out on PSP in March 2011 and another in August 2012 you'd have to import them though but since they're fighting games not much/any knowledge of Japanese would be required to play them a pity they weren't PS3 though.

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura

For me it'd be;

• Any Mecha anime (Mobile Suit Gundam in particular)
  • Dragon Ball
  • Sengoku Basara
  • BlazBlue
  • Most J-RPGs (Hyperdimension Neptunia, Agarest & the Tales of series being personal favourites)
  • Catherine
  • Guilty Gear
  • Everybody's Golf (I think it's an anime styled game)
  • Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match

I can't think of any more right now...

That might have something to do with Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball).

:lol: I was just coming to post Chrono Trigger based on the fact that Toriyama did the characters.

I just finished Ni No Kuni and the animation and art work was incredible (even if the game was pretty average).

I will have to say the Katamari series is fantastic as well (even if it isn't based on an anime)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty much any JRPG but the one that caught my eye the most was Eternal Sonata. Such a gorgeous game with an interesting story. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves JRPG's and hasn't played it yet!

Edited by kittygirl2010
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...