The Sins of PSN Communication

aZombieDictator

8 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

I would add:

PLEASE MAN HELP ME GET THIS TROPHY YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE

and

CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR SAVE FILE?

coming from totally unknown people who happened to find you God knows how.

I've never had that happen to me lol. Most I've gotten is "can you help me on the raid/nightfall in Destiny"

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

I've never had that happen to me lol. Most I've gotten is "can you help me on the raid/nightfall in Destiny"

Yeah, I mean, if people are polite and it's a game we're clearly playing at the same time, I would do my best to help if I have the time (which is rare these days), but it kind of triggers me when unknowns ask out of the blue because they see you've played the game months or years ago and sound like they are dying of thirst and you're the only source of water left in the world.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

I would add:

and

CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR SAVE FILE?

coming from totally unknown people who happened to find you God knows how.

Tell me about it. Especially when you have super rare trophies on your profile that seems almost humanly impossible to achieve. I got that recently with people that likes to poke around the my leaderboards standings on games and starts bombing me with pms...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

I would add:

This^

And also people who are writing like 10 Messages and Invitations to Party-Chat. And complain, why you are not answering. -> Well, I was offline, so of course you'll get no answer, dumbass.

• Like 3

I'm not very active on PSN at the moment, but I think I've seen it all, except maybe "I'll send you nudes" or some shit. Of course, people have been showing off their messages from those bots and when they initiate conversation with them, the bot would respond with a fake website that attempts to send a virus to that person. 

What I can currently think of right now is:

• People ask me for help with a game that is a terrible grind that I finished a long time ago e.g. Far Cry 2 and they expect help with the whole thing hahaha. 
  • Someone mass messaged pretty much everyone who was a latest achiever for "All For One" on Ultra Street Fighter IV, they sent the exact same message I received to one of my friends, who got the trophy at the same time as me. 
  • I once asked a guy to join my 8 player team battle lobby on Ultra Street Fighter IV for the "All For One" trophy and his response when he said he couldn't join was "no, as I'm about to get laid". 
  • I used an alt account to pretend to be a female for the lols once and had guys who told me they had a big dick and shit, I feel sorry for any real female who has to deal with that. 
  • A long time ago in my childhood, I also played Modern Warfare 2 online and had some people messaging me to "turn off your aim-bot".
  • Getting endless spam invites from people on a game I'm playing or a game I'm not playing. 
  • Helping people with trophies and they just delete you a split second after they have the trophy. 
  • Helping people with trophies and you keep them added, but they suddenly forget you exist although when they needed that trophy they were acting like they were your friend. 
  • People who only messaged me to ask for help, but never helped me or talked to me otherwise. 
  • Two years ago, a guy who wanted Fight Night Round 4 help ended up being a spoiled brat who couldn't understand me when I said I didn't have the belts at the time. He went on to add a bunch of my friends to say "Get Sergen to help me with the belts". 
  • People have asked me for my saves when I have recently earned a platinum on PSN or either as a YouTube comment on a video I made. 

There aren't really any "friends" that I have added exclusively on PSN. If I care about talking to that person, I have them added on Discord, Facebook or Skype, I tend not to really care about PSN messaging anymore since it's a relatively shitty messaging system compared to the three I mentioned. 

Edited by Sergen

A lot of the main ones have been said already, but these are some that I really hate 

1. When players want you to earn a trophy for them through share play or by paying you off. I remember finishing games such as Sound Shapes, a relatively easy plat right? I constantly used to get messages from the same guy asking if I could do every death mode level for them via share play. In the end I just deleted them. And as for paying off, when I finished SMB a few months back, I'd get the odd message asking me to plat the game for them. If that's how people want to earn their trophies, go ahead, but I'm not doing it for you. It's better to earn it yourself anyway, in my opinion.

2. Spamming party invites. Was playing COD a few weeks ago (I hate COD now but I literally had nothing better to do), and I started to get a wave of party invites from the other guys on my team. Eventually, after about 100 invites I caved in and joined. Turns out they were a bunch of 12 year olds who started putting on an Australian accent whilst they were talking about a kangaroo...I'm not even joking with this.

3. I agree with the blank friend requests. I don't mind helping with certain games, but if you don't tell me who you are or where you're from, I'm not bothering!

4. A point that Sergen touched on, helping people with a trophy then they instantly delete you. I continue to help people with Rocket League trophies as it's a game I really enjoy. The majority of the people I help are appreciative, and offer to help me with any games in the future. But then you get the rare occasion where they just delete you straight away and some don't even say thanks. A few months ago I helped a guy out with a different game, then he deleted me once he got the trophy. A few months later I got a friend request, from the same guy, turns out he wanted help with Rocket League...lol

5. Last one, adding me to group messages. If it's a boosting group, sure I don't mind. Anything else I just delete the guy straight away. 

Getting a lot of share play spam at the minute for Hail to the King "I'll pay you or you can get a game off my store" no thanks.

That and when people add you, you try to start a conversation. They ignore you so you delete them and then they turn around and be like "Why delete me?"

Also, people that get so worked up on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. I play HC search and when you send a tube or 5 over, the hate you get is unreal.

I've been getting a few weird messages from really raunchy psn names like "Yumyumgirl" sending me messages like "Hey big boy." or "What are you doing tonight?"

I thought the answer to the second comment was kinda obvious, as I was playing videogames... but that's not the point. These messages are an eyesore and I block the people who do this immediately.

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I have a friends list of well over 400 people and I've been too lazy to clean it out. (Thanks Destiny LFG) But I've had so many annoyances over the time I've been on PSN that causes me to just block people. So these are just things I would say are sins of PSN communication. If you'd like to add something to the list go for it. And yes I know cleaning my friends list would cut out a lot of these annoyances but it's such a tedious task to do so.

1. Mass messaging: People that send a message to 100+ people so it blows up your phone and console. I had some dude do this with a message just saying "I'm gay" and plenty other for people like "need 2 for Destiny raid". There needs to be a setting where you can't be messaged like that.

2. People inviting you to games you've never played or never will play again. I get GTA V invites from people I've never played it with when I've not even played that game for years.

3. Random friend requests. People that just see you online and send random blank requests when you've never communicated with them before.

4. Offline party invites. If you see someone offline why are you gonna invite them to a party? That's just an annoying notification if someone has the phone app.

5. Rude messages. Just random uncalled for rude and vulgar messages.

The GTA5 invites might be accidental, I got one recently because a friend picked invite all from last job since they hadn't played in awhile 

1. Automatically delete blank friend requests

Edited by SnowxSakura

haven't got any in a while because i normally block people that send them but the random person works at sony will give u psn credit for sending this msg to all friends spam.

i suppose because i still have a lot of games on my ps3 meaning having less then 100 ppl as friends due to invs being easier i generally ignore random friend requests if we wont be working on a game.

oh god, those friends of mine who keep sending me an invitation to games not just I no longer played or probably gave them away or sold them ages ago, but they keep sending me an invitation to games I don't even have or not planning to get them anyway.

despite I already told them a thousand of times I don't have these games, they just keep the invitation messages coming....

also those who once they saw me goes online they start filling my mail box with chat room invitation... Ugh!!!

I don't mind talking over random stuff and all, but sometimes I don't feel like in the mode of talking with anyone while enjoying the game i'm playing.

Like many other people here I too had been getting spammed by what are probably bots via PSN messages.

I have had messages ranging from the 'Hey cutie' to the 'Wanna sell your PSN name?'. (Had that several times and the even went as far as to mention how much aswell which I think is unbelievable) I just ignore and delete them.

However, I did report one message a couple of days ago, I was just bored of receiving them, so I filled out a report to SONY and today I got the following reply...

Quote:

''We're sorry that you've received something that you felt you should have reported, and we appreciate you taking time to try and improve the Playstation experience.

Abusing the report function (for example unfairly targeting other players, or repeatedly using it for content that clearly doesn't need moderation) is against our Code of Conduct, and may lead to action against the abuser. Please remember to use the report function responsibly'.

So by me reporting someone for spamming me I got a kind of unofficial warning of sorts... just a heads up for anyone.

I have since changed my messaging options so only friends can now message me, I should not have to do this cos I don't mind the odd random in game message from someone in multiplayer asking something legitimate or just giving a bit of harmless banter.

Just wanted to share my experience.

• Like 1