Gravity Rush 2 to end online services in January 2018. EDIT: extended to July 2018

zeda12123

#VitaLivesMatter 
Well, I too was very annoyed by their decision to make this one exclusive for PS4 but seeing how poorly the vita performed in the west (especially when compare to the top-selling PS4) I can't really blame them. Creating another version means additional cost and they can't be sure if the game would sell good enough on Vita to justify it.

Also, I have a friend who only have PS4, loved the Remastered so he got GR2 day one. For me I got the game on sale later and after played it I guess I don't really mind it's being on PS4. The game look massive and beautiful. It can't achieve the same result with the Vita hardware.

The server will be closed on January 18 so I think people still have enough time to get all token to unlock costumes, gestures, etc. just by playing normally. The token reward was increased a lot compare to when the game first released. I unlocked everything and got the Plat for GR2 a while ago, all in around 3 weeks, and just recently came back to play the DLC. #TeamRaven

Edited by PliskinCobra

Finally playing Gravity Rush 2.

Not bad, but I don't know if actually was meant to be played on Vita at beginning during development.

Who told these guys that the sliding ability was broken? Now is terrible, too sensitive! You move like crazy, I reduced my motion to zero, camera to 12 and still. And they even eliminated the hand brake, seriously, why????????? ?

Edit: ok, now that I'm almost done I understand why they had to tweak the sliding mechanics, hmm 3 styles.

I got all rewards from tokens, now missing all the furniture.

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 3 weeks later...

Good news.

The online services shutdown for Gravity Rush 2, previously planned for January 19, has been delayed to July 18 at 10:00 p.m. PT / July 19 at 1:00 a.m. ET / 5:00 a.m. UTC / 14:00 JST, according to an in-game notification.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/gravity-rush-2-online-services-shutdown-delayed-july-19

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Katt said:

Good news.

The online services shutdown for Gravity Rush 2, previously planned for January 19, has been delayed to July 18 at 10:00 p.m. PT / July 19 at 1:00 a.m. ET / 5:00 a.m. UTC / 14:00 JST, according to an in-game notification.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/gravity-rush-2-online-services-shutdown-delayed-july-19

Eyyy, that's great news for me! I only just got around to playing Gravity Rush Remastered (played it on Vita years ago) and I didn't feel like jumping into the sequel right away. I'll definitely get to the game before the new closure date, though, and now I'll be able to experience it with all the features intact. Well what do ya know? They do listen to the fans. :D

Could almost think it was a clever marketing ploy. Announce a shutdown of the online features and you'll likely push a few people who want to play the game at some point to purchase it. Then push the shutdown forward and introduce the game in a sale in order to get even more people to purchase it.

2 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Could almost think it was a clever marketing ploy. Announce a shutdown of the online features and you'll likely push a few people who want to play the game at some point to purchase it. Then push the shutdown forward and introduce the game in a sale in order to get even more people to purchase it.

You give Sony too much credit. :P

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 21/05/2018 at 6:58 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

Is the Platinum still possible after the server shut down? 

There are no online trophies in this game :). The online stuff just allows you to earn new items for your house, plus some new costumes and Talismans for Kat :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

That's great news as I just bought Gravity Rush 2. I'd like to see the online features for myself. Hope to play it soon.

You guys are still in time to complete the online collectibles as well. I've been working on it and you can get around 450 tokens per day and if someone else complete your treasure hint you get 220 extra tokens. 

The total you need is 6000 tokens to get all the online collectibles so you can get everything in a few days. 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, Aexuz said:

You guys are still in time to complete the online collectibles as well. I've been working on it and you can get around 450 tokens per day and if someone else complete your treasure hint you get 220 extra tokens. 

The total you need is 6000 tokens to get all the online collectibles so you can get everything in a few days. 

Adding a little bit to that; I managed to get around 600 to 1k by the second day I logged in and took me 2 weeks(because I didn't play for long sessions, from 30min to 2h max) to get the 6k dusty tokens. There's also an active farming community, check it out in the game's info before starting the game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...