Kill Your Completion V

31 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Truth time now: I had Ultratron on my list in KYC3. Though that was a month in which I couldn't do a lot, and next to the short games (Ultratron, Kitten Squad, Kung Fury) I still added enough big games to ensure my ending percentage would be lower than my starting percentage :)

Truth time : In KYC3 I had Brothers : A Tale of Two Sons on my list and it was also a short game. :P  But, just like you, I also had several long / UR games to keep things balanced. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cubone said:

Just wanted to say that all my games have been downloaded to my PS4

I wish I could do that... I have all the digital ones installed, but I'm probably going to have to delete some stuff for the 2 big AAA PS4 games I have on disc.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

You always know that KYC is going on when you hit the like cap.

I always run out, anyways. Usually from the Most Recent Platinum and Post Your Last Trophy threads. :/ Really wish the cap would increase..

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm fairly certain there was someone that said something about liking it though :hmm:.

I'm fairly certain that someone had a Trunks avatar. ;) I really like stealth games, and had a blast playing that one. 

5 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I have Downwell on my own list this month, so if you play it we can compare opinions :)

Downwell is a tiny game but I don't think it's a short one, howlongtobeat.com says it's a 10+ hour completion.

Anyways it's not like it's forbidden to do any short games at all. A good measure is to compensate a short game (like Four Sided Fantasy) with a long game (like The Witcher III).

We played The Witcher 3 in class and studied it, i dont think i’ll play it again after dumping over 200 hours on it on PC. I am just gonna pass on that one but i’ll compensate with a hard as nails game. I’ll add another game to my list this evening (god have mercy on my poor poor % lol) 

6 minutes ago, Ditto said:

I wish I could do that... I have all the digital ones installed, but I'm probably going to have to delete some stuff for the 2 big AAA PS4 games I have on disc.

I always run out, anyways. Usually from the Most Recent Platinum and Post Your Last Trophy threads. :/ Really wish the cap would increase..

I'm fairly certain that someone had a Trunks avatar. ;) I really like stealth games, and had a blast playing that one. 

Can't think of anyone who had underwear as an avatar. Although... maybe it was to hint at the game being pants :hmm:.

• Like 1

I downloaded Downwell when it popped up on PS+. You could hypothetically get most of the trophies in 2x 10min runs (1 for normal, 1 for new game+) but unless you're a computer optimized for playing Downwell that ain't going to happen. It's simple to grasp but hard to finish. You do unlock stuff by repeated playing but none of that stuff make the game easy. Some of the 'styles' you unlock make the game easier but there is still no guarantee that anyone is going to beat this game in 10 hours or 100 hours. The levels are randomized so you're not memorizing layouts. The power-ups you pick up are random so you can't depend on them for any one run. You just have to keep playing and get better and eventually get a good run and make progress, or not. I believe the plat is still UR so it's definitely a valid potential completion killer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4)

My last experience with the One Piece games (UWR) was pretty mediocre. I also dislike the anime, so any possible fan service goes right out the window on that one. - Once again I'm expecting a mediocre experience from this one, but maybe it'll prove me wrong.

This one is completely different compared to Unlimited World Red. This one is a Musou game. If you like games like Dynasty Warriors you probably will like this one even though you don't like One Piece.

33 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

This one is completely different compared to Unlimited World Red. This one is a Musou game. If you like games like Dynasty Warriors you probably will like this one even though you don't like One Piece.

Good to know, I occasionally enjoy the Musou games, so maybe I'll like this game more than expected.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's okay to start for me to start this event late.

I would like to participate in this event but I'll be working on two games off my backlog that I've been putting off for a long while now.

So I'm guessing the 5/6 plan is to play five games for six days each, am I right? I do appreciate that you have to play for at least a number of hours on each game so you can have a grasp at the gameplay and the controls.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I would like to participate in this event but I'll be working on two games off my backlog that I've been putting off for a long while now.

So I'm guessing the 5/6 plan is to play five games for six days each, am I right? I do appreciate that you have to play for at least a number of hours on each game so you can have a grasp at the gameplay and the controls.

Doesn't start until the 1st of November so you are still good to go.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

A lot of people keep working on projects during the event. And yeah 5 games, 6 days each. Three hours is usually enough time to get a solid feel for game mechanics and concepts. Many people get quite a few more hours than that which is totally fine as well. 

Also I'd like to say that you to the veteran participants who take the time to answer questions for me. I can't always be around so it's nice to know people won't get left hanging for long. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

I've played the first one piece game for the ps3 and the only one I prefer more than this is the sengoku basara.

It's better than dynasty warriors imo :)

I wasn't really into the first game. All that coin grinding and weird platforming were pretty annoying. I loved PW2, though. That one dropped those platforming segments, and you didn't have to collect every coin. 

37 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't remember how long this event lasts, but I'm quite curious to know.

The month of November. If you pick 10 games, it's three days per game. First game is Nov. 1-3, second game starts on the 4th-6th, etc. etc.

There'a also a 5 games/6 days and a 15 games/2 days option. 

20 hours ago, Myu said:

Good luck, you can do it! :D 

I'm only missing 0.04% to get back to my previous completion percentage. I would have liked to go back to the 90%+ though but it's getting harder and harder. 

18 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

@vin_rob and @Myu I believe in you guys. You can do it and get that completion back to even by the 1st!

1f44f.png1f44d.png

53,24% currently 52.09% so still .15 to go.. If I can plat Uncharted the Lost legacy I think I'll make it.. but Can I plat it after work today -.-' 

thanks for all the support lol :) 

18 hours ago, Ditto said:

Yeah... I deleted Witcher III even though I haven't finished the second DLC yet. Gave me enough room to download everything.

Everything?

Spoiler

ZPWb7iM.gif

18 hours ago, Soufwar said:

We played The Witcher 3 in class and studied it, i dont think i’ll play it again after dumping over 200 hours on it on PC. I am just gonna pass on that one but i’ll compensate with a hard as nails game. I’ll add another game to my list this evening (god have mercy on my poor poor % lol) 

It was just two random game titles that I played earlier this year :)

The event is sometimes actually good for your percentage... in the sense that you're trying games from your backlog, and you'll probably complete those you like afterwards.

15 hours ago, mking_63 said:

I downloaded Downwell when it popped up on PS+. You could hypothetically get most of the trophies in 2x 10min runs (1 for normal, 1 for new game+) but unless you're a computer optimized for playing Downwell that ain't going to happen. It's simple to grasp but hard to finish. You do unlock stuff by repeated playing but none of that stuff make the game easy. Some of the 'styles' you unlock make the game easier but there is still no guarantee that anyone is going to beat this game in 10 hours or 100 hours. The levels are randomized so you're not memorizing layouts. The power-ups you pick up are random so you can't depend on them for any one run. You just have to keep playing and get better and eventually get a good run and make progress, or not. I believe the plat is still UR so it's definitely a valid potential completion killer.

Thanks for the info. What I think is also important to know: did you have fun while playing it?

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not even if I won't go to work today will I finish the story of Assassin's Creed Origins before tomorrow so I'm going to play something on the side here as well :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

@vin_rob and @Myu I believe in you guys. You can do it and get that completion back to even by the 1st!

??

I got back to my pre-KYC4 completion rate (87.66%) yesterday by earning a plat from my backlog (the very boring Book of Potions). I was at 88.98% before the third KYC though, I'd like to get back to that one day. :D 

Edited by Myu
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Myu said:

I got back to my pre-KYC4 completion rate (87.66%) yesterday by earning a plat from my backlog (the very boring Book of Potions). I was at 88.98% before the third KYC though, I'd like to get back to that one day. :D 

Woohooo grats you!!! Now I sort of have to do me best as well.. and yeah I would like to have that completion rate back when I started doing these events lol..

But yeah, I've started random new games as well so that might be one of the reasons why my rate is a bit lower as well lol..

• Like 1

Hello all, 

Here are my starting stats for KYC 5. Managed to increase my completion percentage by .41% since the start of the last event. This event has some of the worst plats and trophy completion percentages I've ever done for a KYC. 4 ultra rare and 2 rates. Don't know if I will ever recover from this event. 

KYC pre-completion % : 75.69

Trophies per day: 2.01

Unearned (minus dlc): 920

New trophies for this event: 309

Games played: 213

Games completed: 73

Platinum count: 66

Most of those numbers have improved since the last event with the exception of unearned. That won't get any better with all the UR on my list. Have fun everyone, only hours to go!!

• Like 3