How long have you been playing video games?

ShadowStar83x

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

Since 1984 when my parents got me the Commodore 64 with this gem:

Image result for horace goes skiing c64

Love your user name. 

Probably 85 or 86 for me with the release of the NES. So, a little over 30 years now.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:16 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

.I'm probably one of the eldest statesmen here on PSNP. Perhaps they should gather us up, create the Council of Elders and we can hold the youngsters accountable to properly carry on the gaming traditions.

Image result for council of elders

I wonder what the age spread is here on psnprofiles. Someone should do a survey or something.

6 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

I wonder what the age spread is here on psnprofiles. Someone should do a survey or something.

Related image

After a certain point....some of us just stopped counting...the level up counter stops increasing...whatever..

However, there are some members that are sensitive about their age/birthday and don't include that in their profile...so any survey won't be 100% accurate...

• Like 1

I started in 1983 or 84 when my parents got an Atari 2600 from someone. So that would make me 5 or 6 (6 or 7 if it was at the end of the year, downside of late birthdays). Played the heck out of it day in and day out, before school and after school. I had to leave it behind in 1987 when my mom packed my sister and myself back to Montana. We got a NES for Christmas of '87 and several of my new friends also got/had one and the rest is history.

I guess that makes 34-35 years of gaming for me now.

At least 25 years, since 1992. But I first grabbed a console in around late 1990. My gaming time was very limited, so I barely had a chance to play games at all.

I still played the NES console in the early 1990s. My sister who is 36 years old played Nintendo before I did, so we basically just shared the console. Then in December of 1992 we got a Sega Genesis for Christmas with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is probably 2nd on my list of all time most nostalgic video games. First is Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES. Wonderful, wonderful games. So happy I spent my childhood in the 1990s rather than today.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:21 AM, starcrunch061 said:

For my 5th birthday, my grandpa and uncle gifted me their old Sears VCS. That was December of 1979. Prior, my parents had a standalone Pong machine, though I had no easy access to it (being that I was under 5, and it was kept in the attic unless we all played).

Games were much easier to play back then. The joystik on the Atari had one button and a stick, which made it perfectly easy for a 5-year-old to play it. The Pong game we had used paddle controllers, which again are easy for a kid. There's no way a 5-year-old today is making much headway with the Dualshock.

I find more kids to be playing mobile games, or at least playing on a Nintendo console.

I can't see a kid getting through Batman: Arkham Knight that uses all the controls of the Dualshock. Plus with there generally being two - three different moves for one button in given situations in that game, that's too much for a kid to understand.

8 minutes ago, d_Tribalee said:

Since I was eight, means its alr 17 years old I playing video game,

the first one is nintendo I don't recall the game but its need gun to shoot the duck :D

That would be Duck Hunt ?

Duck_hunt_pic.PNG

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...