I have joined the Vita family!

ShonenCat

Welcome to Vita Island! I am so happy to hear when another person discovers the amazing device. :)

Top recommendations:

Danganronpa 

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Persona 4

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Steins;Gate 

World of Final Fantasy

Odin Sphere

Final Fantasy X

Dragon Quest Builders

Soul Sacrifice 

I also recommend you try remote play for PS4. I use it all the time!

• Like 1

amazing system, and you will love it if you're into anime and japanese stuff. it has much to offer in that department, my favorite handheld of all time, such an addicting library of games.

it has some good AAA as well, i saw you listed killzone i actually really enjoyed that game, best experience for a FPS on handheld. 

• Like 2

Hope you enjoy your stay on Vita Island.

Moe Chronicle Sealed Import,  had no Warning of such when I got it. Interesting that they added it in.

Recommend Everything Nihon Falcom developed: Trails Of Cold Steel 1+2, YS VIII, YS MOC, and much less Tokyo Xanadu.

Zero Escape Series

Dangaronpa Series

Gravity Rush

Lost Dimension

Dungeon Travelers 2

Drive Girls will get super cheap, wait a bit.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

It's a shame Sony gave up on the Vita so early, or more so the developers/publishers. There so much potential in this little tiny powerful machine!!! I doubt they didn't even tap into half of what its capable of and called it quits. I bet it could run most Ps3 games! What a shame!

I dont have many Vita games... but I got introduced to some VN thru being a psplus member. I thought they were pretty interesting worth mentioning.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Amnesia: Memories

I am currently playing MEGATAGMENSION BLANC + NEPTUNE VS ZOMBIES; a bit of a Nep fan, but nothing too hardcore.

One game that I thought the Vita work pretty damn awesome with is Gravity Rush (also free with psplus at one time).

Some features of the Vita is really cool. I personally really like the messaging system. Very unique with the "Panel" you can choose. Sorta really want that implemented into the PS4 but I feel itll become cash shop material like themes and avatars. 

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Welcome to the Vita family! I have the original version with the OLED screen as well and I have loved every second of it so far. I am even doing much better on my Vita when it comes to completion percentages than with my PS3. It's so easy to pick up and play for a bit wherever you are!

A lot of people will tell you that there are no games for the Vita but if you look for them and enjoy a wide variety of games then you will have a blast for sure. It's not only indie's and graphic novels either. I recently went through the "list of Vita games" on Wikipedia and I now have a wish list of about 45 games that fall in neither category :)

• Like 2

Congrats man i just bought my second Vita console today too! (Dragon Quest Special Edition) such a awesome machine but remember if you buy Final Fantasy X HD make sure to only buy it new as the Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster only comes as a download!! 

Games recommended 

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (only buy it new if you want a physical copy or as digital download)

Killzone: Mercenary (Best looking shooter on Vita and perfectly optimised) 

Persona 4 Golden (If you love JRPGs this is the best remaster on the Vita)

Uncharted Golden Abyss (Epic adventure game) 

World of Final Fantasy (cross-save with PS4 version very handy for grinding) 

Gravity Rush

Resistance Burning Skies  

Odin Sphere: Leiffthrasir 

Code Realize 

Wolf Among Us

Walking Dead Season 1

Games i have Not played but highly recommended by critics 

Wipeout 2048

Lumines Electronic Symphony 

Splunky 

Binding of Issac

Tearaway 

Soundshapes

Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (2 & 3 Remasters) 

Severed 

PSP Originals 

3rd Birthday 

Final Fantasy I & II

Black Rock Shooter 

Dissida Final Fantasy

Dissidia Docuium 012

Phantasy Star Portable 

If You can Read Japanese

Phantasy Star Nova 

Phantasy Star Online 2

Additional Advise 

Utilise the PS+ Cloud Save system incase any crashes that may occur, and if you plan on playing heavily invest in at least a 16GB or 32GB card there is also a 64GB but it is very expensive. 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

Lots to reply to, I better get started ?

@EmeraldLeviathan Thank you for the welcome! So this is how it feels to be on the renowned Vita Island ? You know, I get recommended Danganronpa a lot, so it must be good. I have yet to give PS4 remote play a try. I hope my internet connection can handle it though!

@Hayabusa85 Cute GIF, I love it!

@RJP_X I do love me some anime and Japanese stuff! Surely I'll be pretty comfortable here. As for Killzone, I hear from multiple peeps that Mercenary was their favorite in the series. Very reassuring (:

@Z1MZUM Dragon's Crown? Anything developed by Vanillaware is pure love!

@Kishnabe Thank you! I intend to enjoy my stay ? Now that you mention it, this Moe Chronicle was the only one on Ebay I was seeing with that warning label. Another Danganronpa recommendation ?? The screenshots I'm seeing from Dungeon Travelers 2 are looking delicious, thanks for bringing it to my attention! Drive Girls is a good $16-$20 now, wait a bit longer?

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY Hai, Doc! I do see the potential in the Vita as I'm sure most owners do! It's a real shame that it's creator thinks otherwise ): In just a couple of days, I'm seeing visual novels that peek my interest! Collar X Malice & Bad Apple Wars to be exact. Code: Realize looking pretty good too! I have been slowly becoming a Nep fan myself xD Messaging on Vita is grand! I do love the Wild Arms panel I have chosen.

@Eyjabria Thank you for the welcome! More Danganronpa! Persona 4 Golden shall be added to the collection in due time (:

@pinkrobot_pb Everyone is so welcoming ^o^ I do see the appeal in the OLED screen! Colors really pop out at you. I'm enjoying my PS1 games in a whole new way! Both portably and on a crystal clean sharp and colorful display! I lot of people may say there are no games but I see plenty! Of course, I've always prefered Japanese developed games so maybe I'm the right demographic :highfive:

@DarkSoleride Thank you and congratz on your second purchase! Is it the Metal Slime Editon? I looked it up, pretty slick device! Some PSP games do intrigue me but I'll have to invest in a bigger memory card when I run out of room for PS1 games. I'll be sure to use the PS+ Cloud Save feature to my advantage!

@Satoshi Ookami I couldn't agree more ^-^ She is a beauty.

• Like 1

The Vita can connect to the PS4 directly, so you can remote play without needing a robust wifi connection (or even one at all). For best results, just bring your PS4 into the same room you intend to play in. Since the Vita will be the screen, the PS4 does not need to be hooked to a TV! Some games are more challenging though (mostly games with heavy use of L2/R2). I am always saddened that Sony did not make well known this amazing feature.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're happy, and I wish you nothing but continued happiness,

but if you were after a kickass portable PS1, you could grab a PSP for piss all and all your PS1 digi games will work on it, plus there's that thing where you can mod it easy as tits and fill the thing with classics you can't even buy on the PSN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmeraldLeviathan said:

The Vita can connect to the PS4 directly, so you can remote play without needing a robust wifi connection (or even one at all). For best results, just bring your PS4 into the same room you intend to play in. Since the Vita will be the screen, the PS4 does not need to be hooked to a TV! Some games are more challenging though (mostly games with heavy use of L2/R2). I am always saddened that Sony did not make well known this amazing feature.

I love that feature, can enjoy some games in bed!

11 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Lots to reply to, I better get started 1f607.png

@EmeraldLeviathan Thank you for the welcome! So this is how it feels to be on the renowned Vita Island 1f602.png You know, I get recommended Danganronpa a lot, so it must be good. I have yet to give PS4 remote play a try. I hope my internet connection can handle it though!

@RJP_X I do love me some anime and Japanese stuff! Surely I'll be pretty comfortable here. As for Killzone, I hear from multiple peeps that Mercenary was their favorite in the series. Very reassuring (:

@Kishnabe Thank you! I intend to enjoy my stay 1f604.png Now that you mention it, this Moe Chronicle was the only one on Ebay I was seeing with that warning label. Another Danganronpa recommendation 1f44d-1f3fb.png The screenshots I'm seeing from Dungeon Travelers 2 are looking delicious, thanks for bringing it to my attention! Drive Girls is a good $16-$20 now, wait a bit longer?

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY Hai, Doc! I do see the potential in the Vita as I'm sure most owners do! It's a real shame that it's creator thinks otherwise ): In just a couple of days, I'm seeing visual novels that peek my interest! Collar X Malice & Bad Apple Wars to be exact. Code: Realize looking pretty good too! I have been slowly becoming a Nep fan myself xD Messaging on Vita is grand! I do love the Wild Arms panel I have chosen.

@Eyjabria Thank you for the welcome! More Danganronpa! Persona 4 Golden shall be added to the collection in due time (:

@pinkrobot_pb Everyone is so welcoming ^o^ I do see the appeal in the OLED screen! Colors really pop out at you. I'm enjoying my PS1 games in a whole new way! Both portably and on a crystal clean sharp and colorful display! I lot of people may say there are no games but I see plenty! Of course, I've always prefered Japanese developed games so maybe I'm the right demographic :highfive:

@DarkSoleride Thank you and congratz on your second purchase! Is it the Metal Slime Editon? I looked it up, pretty slick device! Some PSP games do intrigue me but I'll have to invest in a bigger memory card when I run out of room for PS1 games. I'll be sure to use the PS+ Cloud Save feature to my advantage!

Yeah it's the Metal Slime edition really nice! Yeah if you need a bigger card try a few bidders on eBay best way to get it as cheap as possible since everywhere for the 64GB is between 70-90 GBP :(

• Like 1

Severed is a definitely a game you should try out at some point. I wouldn't say it's better than games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Tearaway but it definitely holds up as a PS Vita game. It was originally an exclusive for the console which was nice to know.

I still ought to play through Guacamelee and Tales From Space. I definitely enjoy the artstyle and humor of Drinkbox Studios.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Lots to reply to, I better get started 1f607.png

@EmeraldLeviathan Thank you for the welcome! So this is how it feels to be on the renowned Vita Island 1f602.png You know, I get recommended Danganronpa a lot, so it must be good. I have yet to give PS4 remote play a try. I hope my internet connection can handle it though!

@Kishnabe Thank you! I intend to enjoy my stay 1f604.png Now that you mention it, this Moe Chronicle was the only one on Ebay I was seeing with that warning label. Another Danganronpa recommendation 1f44d-1f3fb.png The screenshots I'm seeing from Dungeon Travelers 2 are looking delicious, thanks for bringing it to my attention! Drive Girls is a good $16-$20 now, wait a bit longer?

Exist Archive went for $4 bucks. Drive Girl might go for 10-15 range soon enough.  

• Like 1

I'm in Vita mode for all of December myself and am ready to play Muramassa, Finish Dragons crown, play through Persona 4 for the 20th time (not including ps2) and play countless other carts I haven't opened yet. Also it looks like games are so much cheaper in the U.S

I bought mine on a whim in Akihabara and have never looked back, I'm glad you're happy with it ShonenCat and that you've found that owners are genuine with there positive thoughts on the Vita.

• Like 1

Good purchase mate! It is an amazing piece of hardware and it kinda makes you wonder why Sony never supported it that much.

My biggest discovery on that system were visual novels. You have to try out Steins Gate and Virtues Last Reward. I heard Danganronpa is amazing as well.

And you actually have to buy a bigger card. I started with 8gb and that's way too small. I think you'll buy the majority of games online, simply for the fact that they are much 

cheaper when on sale, compared to the retail versions.

• Like 1

The original PS Vita model is definitely better just because of one reason: no motion blur. I also played on the slim model in the past: while colors were fine to me as opposed to what people said, I was so horrified by that amount of motion blur.

I mainly play PSone Classics on it because I'm very nostalgic, and living in Europe is a blast because there is quite a bunch of 60 hz US version games available in the PS Store (e.g. Spyro Trilogy and Resident Evil). Original European version were locked at 50 hz/25 fps, so playing 60 hz versions is really nice besides no motion blur. 

Also, it's nice to chill out in the bed under the blankets and play on PS Vita, especially on these cold days! :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm in Vita mode for all of December myself and am ready to play Muramassa, Finish Dragons crown, play through Persona 4 for the 20th time (not including ps2) and play countless other carts I haven't opened yet. Also it looks like games are so much cheaper in the U.S

I bought mine on a whim in Akihabara and have never looked back, I'm glad you're happy with it ShonenCat and that you've found that owners are genuine with there positive thoughts on the Vita.

^

This guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to Vita. 

He was generous enough to give me his PS TV :)

(Still need to give you something in exchange... :/)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1