So I was banned... - The end of a trophy hunter (Crisis Averted!)

ab4h4r4k1

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Status update: after talking to Sony's Support Center, it seems my account was banned for security reasons. Guy said that in 24 hours I will receive an e-mail to redefine my password and all will be normal again. Now I have to wait and see if I will stay Sony - which I have been since the PS1 in 1997 - or if I will join the PC side of gaming.

Thanks for the attention, support, doubts and jokes. I will let you know the end of this, hopefully soon and for the best.

the weird thing is, for security reasons they BLOCK the account dont BAN it.

Have you been blocked or banned? i still dont get it.

Do you share your account?

Status update: after talking to Sony's Support Center, it seems my account was banned for security reasons. Guy said that in 24 hours I will receive an e-mail to redefine my password and all will be normal again. Now I have to wait and see if I will stay Sony - which I have been since the PS1 in 1997 - or if I will join the PC side of gaming.

Thanks for the attention, support, doubts and jokes. I will let you know the end of this, hopefully soon and for the best.

Would it have killed them to have a different auto-message for the account owner to let him/her know their account was blocked for security reasons due to continued unsuccesful login attempts?

Its like it was a good thing the account was blocked but they communicate it in a way that makes you worry even more...

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

That's pretty bullshit to be honest.

I understand someone with a name like ISuckBallz getting banned, because that is an actual part of the human body. Or a name like HispanicHater because that implies racism.

But Ac3Ninja?

I'm pretty certain AceNinja was taken a long time ago. I don't mind names with numbers in them.

Definitely nothing offensive about Ac3Ninja. The ban is probably someone reporting the account on Final Fantasy XIV. It's not uncommon to get reported on in MMOs.

This is true, I know a few gamers who had 100 - 200 plats on their accounts banned for PSN IDs that Sony found offensive. (They had to restart fresh)

Just now, zjxy1986 said:

recently there are so many spams like "hey baby" ,"hey honey" etc. U will be dragged into a group by those icon-less trash. Maybe it has something to do with your account's security.....

i auto delete messages such as this. though i rarely get those.

on topic, i'm glad this is resolved would really hate to see someones trophy hunting career get ended for doing nothing wrong.

54 minutes ago, markcavan said:

As a matter of interest @ab4h4r4k1 do you have 2-step verification on your account? 

Never used it. Gonna have to rethink on that.

41 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

Have you been blocked or banned? i still dont get it.

The PS4 message stated I was banned. Same thing when trying to log in from a computer.

6 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

on topic, i'm glad this is resolved would really hate to see someones trophy hunting career get ended for doing nothing wrong

Still not solved, as I did not get the email to access my account yet. But it is a in-24-hour solution, so there is still time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

It's not about today. Someone could reported you 2 weeks ago and today you were banned. I called some team killing kid a pussy in the message and got 7 days for that lmao R6SIEGE

I get hate mail all the time in Siege and make sure to report everyone. I am so sorry but hearing your story makes me so happy.

2 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

U shouldnt give up the trophy hunt and move to the pc, u would see that something is missing. And steam achievments are the biggest shit !

U will not have the same fun im sure.

Without trophies i only would play the same multiplayer games year after year and thats COD,BF,Fifa and maybe WWE. Cause trophies i play singleplayer games and till the end. For me more joy than without...much enjoy.

• Like 3

I'm actually pretty okay with having a hyper-sensitive security system attached to PSN, I'm really protective over my account and would rather be suspended because they want me to reinforce my own security, than suspended because i've been hacked with no hope of retrieval.

I can highly recommend 2-step verification. That and treating the actual details I use to sign up with a sense of security and vigilance.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

I am sorry for your loss, dont give up though! Go to sony’s twitter account @AskPlayStation and see whats the problem, contact customer support, maybe you paid for something in black friday and it didn’t process and its not your fault, maybe its a mistake from their part, maybe you did something but cant remember and will have to suffer a 7 day ban or something or worse perma ban...dont give up, look for answers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

As a pc gamer myself, I wouldn't recommend switching over to pc just because of a small ban that will likely get lifted. PC can be way worse than console in some aspects. Want to play an EA game? You'll have to download origin and make an account on it. Want to play a ubisoft title? You have to download uplay just to use it, even if it's for sale on steam. Also steam is notorious for having some of the worst customer service ever, up there with comcast bad. Not to mention you'll also have to be vigilant keeping your computer safe from keyloggers, malware, spyware, adware, viruses, etc which could end up wrecking the quality of your pc or end up having accounts stolen. Valve is really bad at keeping spam/camgirl accounts off of steam as well, I get way more messages/friend requests on there than on the playstation

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TKdovahkiin said:

Not sure why you would abandon Sony since they take such great steps for our security. Also, the network and PSNprofiles seems supportive as hell. Over this one bump?

Call it a trust issue. If I am severily punished anywhere for something I have no idea what I did wrong, I will not go back to said place. Ever.

In these 20 years, I have enjoyed everything Sony had to offer. But if they will discard me without a second thought, why should I go back to them?

Besides, resorting to PC right now is mainly because of FF14: ARR. My main goal is to have fun; trophies are secondary, even when they are a good reason to go back to a game or grind for countless days.

Still waiting on the email while watching some movies and animes.

• Like 2

Are you on Leviathan in Xiv?  "Someone" got reported over 50x for saying shit about a memorial service? Sometimes if you got nothing good to say, don't. May violate so much things you wouldn't even know. 

Edit:read your status update. Ok good. Hope it all goes well.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

21 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Call it a trust issue. If I am severily punished anywhere for something I have no idea what I did wrong, I will not go back to said place. Ever.

In these 20 years, I have enjoyed everything Sony had to offer. But if they will discard me without a second thought, why should I go back to them?

Besides, resorting to PC right now is mainly because of FF14: ARR. My main goal is to have fun; trophies are secondary, even when they are a good reason to go back to a game or grind for countless days.

Still waiting on the email while watching some movies and animes.

According to what you stated, you're not being punished, your account was locked due to a security issue. You'll get it back, just have to keep in contact with them. It can happen on literally any platform, especially if someone was trying to bruteforce your password, which is why two step is an absolute must

• Like 4

This happened to me a couple of months ago. Somebody had hacked our account and it was temporarily banned for suspicious activity. I chatted with a representative and had it resolved. I later found a mysterious number associated with a 2 step sign in, so our account had definitely been compromised. I wish they would have said this on the front end, but at least it got resolved. 

5 hours ago, zjxy1986 said:

recently there are so many spams like "hey baby" ,"hey honey" etc. U will be dragged into a group by those icon-less trash. Maybe it has something to do with your account's security.....

Sony possibly implemented some security for this on app so you might see a reduction in these messages...i'm running a big gaming session and once I send a few friend requests I get an error message along the lines of "too many friend requests in too short a time, function suspended temporarily"...nothing on my console like this yet...could be just me though...the app is mad glitchy...

interesting update from tc...still curious to hear the end result..."security reasons"...haha... @ab4h4r4k1 no one's asked yet so are you, by any chance, a terrorist?...affiliated with terrorists?...son /daughter of a terrorist?...supporter of terrorism?...i bet that's what it is... 

just in case: the last few questions ARE A JOKE...kind of ruins the fun to have to state this ...:(

5 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

This is true, I know a few gamers who had 100 - 200 plats on their accounts banned for PSN IDs that Sony found offensive. (They had to restart fresh)

I've seen some pretty crazy usernames though, and I totally get some of these. Perhaps shouldn't have invested that much in an account with a pretty obviously not that okay username. :P 

3 hours ago, PFinchen said:

This happened to me a couple of months ago. Somebody had hacked our account and it was temporarily banned for suspicious activity. I chatted with a representative and had it resolved. I later found a mysterious number associated with a 2 step sign in, so our account had definitely been compromised. I wish they would have said this on the front end, but at least it got resolved. 

The thing about "hacking accounts" is if they were actually hacked. I'm not talking about some conspiracy by people over at Sony giving away your login details etc, but rather that some other site got hacked and they got your details from that attack. This is very common. You get access to login details from less secure sources, preferably similar "genre"/"theme". This way you build a themed combolist (username/email:password). Usually with your login details somewhere, they can access what your e-mail is too, and so they got access to your e-mail if it has the same password, and then they practically got access to anything you got.

14 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Have you got any update yet? 

Nothing after my talk with Costumer Service at 12pm. I even thought of trying to log in, but it could lead to another problem or the delay of solving the current problem; so I did not attempt it.

One small detail got my hopes up: my psn profile is still here, with the trophies and PS+ status after it autosynced. So maybe my account is still in the system after all.

Going for my 4th movie today. Gotta keep me busy somehow.

10 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

Since you are oblivious to the cause, it sounds like a technical glitch. Your profile is worth fighting for. You obviously put a ton of labor and love into it. If its some malicious MP, don't let em win. We need gamers with great attitudes like yourself. Don't abandon ship!

i agree full heartedly. when i opened this topic i was surprised to see it was him in this boat. i've seen him around this site and we wrote messages on the forums a time or few and hes nice and respectable. i would be devastated in this situation, i do everything legit, i barely play online games or even talk to people, like an earlier post someone said people getting their psn banned from a game they played online, makes me actually paranoid to play online again. i prefer single player 100%, and might want to always keep it that way. even though i was considering xenoverse 2 when i get a ps4, at least there's plenty of single player to make me reconsider that lol.

i hope all goes well with getting your account back @ab4h4r4k1, in the least, i've heard of cases where they let you transfer your purchases to a brand new account. but hopefully you get your account back all together, you don't deserve this. :c

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Nothing after my talk with Costumer Service at 12pm. I even thought of trying to log in, but it could lead to another problem or the delay of solving the current problem; so I did not attempt it.

One small detail got my hopes up: my psn profile is still here, with the trophies and PS+ status after it autosynced. So maybe my account is still in the system after all.

I don't think trying to sign in would cause any delays. I'm not sure if Sony would completely wipe the account from existence, probably just banned for life. Let' hope that isn't the case and you get your account back post-haste. :awesome:

best thing to do after recovering the acc is apply the 2nd step verification.

Maybe you got hacked and sony blocked your account lets see.

Have you checked if anyone bought anything in your account? additionally, check if ur ps4 is still primary on your console via the link:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

39 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

Have you checked if anyone bought anything in your account? additionally, check if ur ps4 is still primary on your console via the link:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

I cant access it since I am still "banned". Gotta wait and see.

And yeah, in the event I get my account back, 2 step verification will be the first thing I will do.

20 hours ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

I can't imagine that'd be a 'nice fresh feeling' for him, Asvinia.. I mean, after spending so much time & money (especially if he bought digital) that's gonna hurt.

I guess you're not one for spotting jokes either.

Either way OP, it's great that you can get your account back, but it's also a good idea to avoid buying digital stuff if you can help it, you never know when shit like this is going to happen and you might not be so lucky.