Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/19/2024 at 3:59 PM, Maxine said:

100% - Fernbus Simulator

image-2024-02-19-205059608.png

About 6 months ago, I set myself the challenge of wanting to be the first person on PSNProfiles to 100% this game, and I did just that. The journey that has led to this has been extraordinary and I could never have done it without the support and encouragement displayed by the community here. It is insane how far this game pushed me to be more determined than ever to complete something, and achieving the 100% for Fernbus Simulator is an achievement I will never forget. Thank you to everyone who put up with my obsessive determination to complete the game, and please remind me to never play the NA version.

Completion time: 600-700 hours

Difficulty: 5/10

Fun factor: 7/10

Holy shit it's been few month I follow your journey on your profile, huge congrats bro.

@MaxineI might start NA version of fernbus simulator trophies. 

• Like 2

L84361d.png

Non-Plat 100% #87 - Overall 100% #218

Omega Strikers

PS4

Soemtimes, it's hard to gauge the potential of a new idea while you are in the phase of hype almost any new idea brings with it. On an unrelated note, I was completely blown away when, upon first starting up Omega Strikers, it hit me with one of the best video game openings I have ever seen. It's incredibly cinematic, energetic and well-animated, and it should never not be mentioned or, better yet, embedded in any review of the game.

Holy...!

Now, back to that maybe not that unrelated point from before. Omega Strikers is a game by a team of developers that left a small company you might have heard of, Riot Games, of League of Legends fame. The premise is simple: What if you take air hockey, but instead of a mallet (I totally  didn't have to look up what that round puck-hitting thing from air hockey is called) you have fun characters with different shot abilities?

The answer is: A game that is fun for about ten minutes. In fairness, it's free, but the developers obviously overestimated the potential their game had. An item shop? All the money that probably went into that intro? Branding your studio website with assets from this one game? Honestly, that seems like a bit of a miscalculation. Weirdly, the tiny trophy list of just four basic trophies reflects that issue aptly. That is not to say the game is bad, it's just that the idea had never that much potential to begin with, not in 2d, anyway. Add to that some considerable input lag during hectic games that seems to be by design, and it also doesn't play all that well. Button choices on the Dualshock feel awkward, though that may just be that the control scheme is optimized for pc.

This might have been sensational had it come out 35 years before,  when sports games on NES looked like this but with pixels instead of polygons, yet today, this just misses the goal. I could see this as a freeby to draw attention to something else the studio is working on. But on its own, it's not substantial enough to gain the momentum it clearly was supposed to have.

Omega%20Strikers_20240227215620.jpg

Also, how is a game looking this simple a 4.84 GB file?

Game: 4/10

List: 3/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Time: 1 hour

• Like 3

L977e79.png

Completed Game #264

XCOM 2 100% (0.39%)

Time: 180h

Difficulty: 6/10

A turn-based game in which you defend the earth against an alien invasion. Using an exploit makes difficult trophies much easier but with many long loading screens. In the War of the Chosen DLC it is not possible to use the glitch but it is more fun this way.

100% took me 4.5 playthroughs.

• Like 4

Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 is finally 100% complete.

Loved the base game and the story. Legends mode definitely had some fun points with survival mode but raid chapter 2 was extremely brutal. The only advice I have if you're going for this 100% is make sure you get your ki level equipment level higher than the minimum 100 that is required to even start these raids. The mechanics for the raids remind me a lot of Destiny 1 where they're not super complex, the enemies just keep rushing you though which makes it quite difficult.

• Like 4

L4cf725.png

Took me 14 and a half years to get around to finishing this, as I couldn't do the Dimensional Rift trophy, which required you to have 5 Hypercubes on the game board at the same time. Making Hypercubes basically involves matching 5 gems in a row. After seeing a published Trophy Guide though, I decided to give it another go and use the save reloading technique, and it worked!!

Date Completed - 11th March 2024

My 100% Difficulty Rating - 7/10

My Game Rating - 7/10

Hardest Trophy - Dimensional Rift

Edited by SirDave1988
  • Like 4

L9e2b2d.png

This game is described as relaxing dragon flight, which is pretty much true. You play as a young dragon named Ember who goes on a journey to find other dragons. You then fly through 10 levels. You get fire and water balls to take out obstacles, but most of the time, you can find your way around it without using them. The game didn't have the fanciest graphics, but Ember was kind of cute. The music was of varying quality, which sucks since that's part of the game. I ended up just muting it and playing some Skyrim background music. Some of the levels could get a bit confusing. Spent a lot of time in the sixth level because it was a bit of a maze. You get the trophies by completing all the levels, so nothing is missable. It wasn't bad. Not the best game I've ever played, but not bad. 

• Like 2

Steelrising at 100%. A nice game that has it's moments. Some really good boss battles that can be difficult but can be mastered if one is willing to persevere. Definitely worth a try if you got it for free last month on PS Plus.

• Like 2

Le4e723.png

Non-Plat 100% #88 - Overall 100% #223

Foamstars

PS4

Foamstars is Square Enix' attempt  to cash in on the popular MOBA genre. It's clearly inspired by Nintendo's entry Splatoon (that Nintendo multiplayer battle game that is not Smash Bros), and was readily derided as a copy  of said title. But is that really fair? After all, being merely inspired by something is not a bad thing, that is how most videogame genres came to be.  I mean, FPS used  to be called Doom clones, named after the famous Wolfenstein clone that popularized the genre.

Modes are played  in teams of four, either against another team (Versus) or  co-op against enemy waves (Squad Missions).  There's  also a small single player mode  to get comfortable  with each character's playstyle and deliver some back story.  More on that later. Where Splatoon uses ink, Foamstars uses foam. And that is where the games diverge a lot - the foam can and will pile up, forming barriers or vantage points, shifting the terrain itself  all the time during each battle. I say battle, but the game insists on "party", unless playing PvE against monsters. Because this is not a battle, this is people having fun in a friendly sports competition. Aside from Rave Breaker whose deal is that he hates parties  (yeah, Rave Breaker is me if I was a supervillain). Idling characters will vibe to the beat, and it is a vibaceous beat indeed.

FOAMSTARS_20240216204811.jpg

Still  looks like a battle, though

People were quick to dimiss it. I, too, saw the superficial similarities to Splatoon, but thought, if that game can have three titles to its name, why should another game like it suddenly be bad? After all, that series will not make it to Playstation anyway. And Squenix is a decent publisher.

So, how is it, then? Foamstars has a steep learning curve due to the sheer chaos present in matches, and this is something that can put people off already. It tries to mitigate this with its tiny singleplayer campaign. But it is absolutely fun and once you get used  to the characters, which all play fairly differently, the chaotic nature of the battlef dancefloor recedes somewhat, though it never disappears. We have several modes including the usual 4v4 game, a 2v2 game with the other two of each party working as support from a platform above the arena, a king-of-the-hill game with the hill actively driving toward either team's  base, and aforementioned PvE modes.

More modes, characters, story missions etc. are inbound with the game having a  full  plan of more than six seasons. A month after release, we already got three additional characters (a barista, the icecream-themed Mel T, and a 70's disco guy with a majestic star-studded afro) with the fourth one, a French lady with a battle umbrella, already announced.

But it's not all perfume and roses and bubbly characters. I can ignore the ridiculously expensive cosmetics. Or the fact this game is 29.99 for anybody who did not get it in Ps  Plus  last month, in a genre that is known for its free-to-play leanings. I really thought that kind of stuff had been buried during the PS3 era.

The story is off, it's here where the game shows massive pacing issues. How is it a fast-paced moba that considers itself a  party starts new players by showing us a dead-boring intro of a news reporter on tv with the pace of an actual news report? The same thing crops up durign the character missions with battles interspersed by overly long dialog sequences. While over-the-top  and funny, they just suddenly slow the game to a crawl. This is likely intended as a breather in between challenges, but it just turns parts of the game into a constant stop-and-go.

One mroe issue is porbably not the game's fault: Matchmaking tends to take several minutes. Luckily, the main hub features a large area for players to try out the characters' abilities. But doing this for up to five minutes, which often enough will then result in it not even finding a match until the second time you try is tedious. This game relies on populated servers and with it getting some negative hype (what's the opposite of hype? Lope?), that is a challenge even after being free on launch with Plus Essential.

Some declared it dead on arrival and that might have been a self-fulfilling prophecy. We'll see in the coming months. This has the potential of turning into a long-running staple of PS online fun. But it's having a hard time convincing people of that and I've seen better games than this fail horribly. For now, it's fine. I listed quite a few flaws, but ultimately they're minor gripes, except for the apparent low server population.

FOAMSTARS_20240317162631.jpg

Indeed it is. For now.

Game: 6/10

List: 5/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Time: 16 hours

• Like 2

Assassin's Creed Revelations. After 12 years and 3 months, I have finished all the DLC for this game. I had made peace a long time ago that I wasn't going to finish this game. However, when I came across a boosting session, I was like "Well crap, I should just finish it." This has now caused the great backlog grind of 2024 for me. Hopefully finishing Assassin's Creed 3 within the next week. Trying to get to 98% overall completion ratio. 👍 But for Assassin's Creed Revelations, if you have any intention of going for it, you better do it now. The multiplayer servers are all but dead so it's only a matter of time before they shut it down.

• Like 2

resident-evil-4-hd.jpg

Resident Evil 4 :)

one of the best games I've ever played tbh, now that's 4,5 and 6 all done this year

I want to do a new playthough and just destroy every enemy that ever caused me hassle with the infinite ammo guns I now have because of beating pro difficulty

• Like 2

spacer.png

100% The Playroom

0.59% - Ultra Rare

Before Astro's Playroom on the Ps5, we had The Playroom on the Ps4 :P This title is in fact installed by default on every Ps4, and is the third most owned game on this website, with over 1.400.000 owners.

However, in order to play it you need to own the Ps4 camera, which not everyone has: if you don't have it and you boot up the game, you will only see a trailer, but I guess that the game still gets added to your Trophy list. In fact, out of the 1.400.000 owners, only around 200.000 have earned a Trophy.

Either way, the game consists of some basic minigames involving Astro, with easy Trophies that can easily be obtained in few minutes, but you are required to install the Second Screen app on your phone to make it interact with the Tv in order to earn some Trophies.

Only two Trophies were tricky. The first requires a total of four faces to be in front of the camera, so that you can equip them with masks using the app. The way to go is having three friends with you, but is also possible to trick the camera by displaying printed pictures in front of me. That's what I tried to do: I tried to hold some Ps2 games or books in my left hand, while using the phone with my right, but unfortunately some faces couldn't be detected. Best I managed were three faces, including mine. So, I had to ask my family for help: that made three of us. As the fourth face, I used Daniel Bryan's autobiography, which features his face on the cover. That only lasted a minute I think, but it was a cool family moment. 😅

spacer.png

The other tricky Trophy is the one that requires you to kill every ninja during the endless runner game: I read that a lot of players found this very hard, close to impossible, to do solo, and that doing it with a partner is a must. My first problem was that I didn't even owned a second controller for the Trophies this is mandatory for: I actually own two more, but they're not official Dualshocks and so the camera couldn't detect them, so I borrowed my brother in law's and I got these Trophies in few minutes.

Anyway, talking about the endless runner game Trophy, I tried doing it solo: it was indeed tricky, but far from impossible as I thought it would be. It only took me a few tries to memorize the enemies patterns (Which are always the same, no luck involved) to kill all of them by myself and earn the Trophy.

• Like 2

spacer.png

💯 Capcom Arcade Stadium

A good collection of arcade games by Capcom, which sadly has no platinum and a very tedious and grindy trophy list. 

spacer.png

Pretty cool game, which is the only one on the collection I hadn’t previously heard of called “Mega Twins”

• Like 3