The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg

Really enjoyed the movie. Sure there were a lot of plot holes and they should have split it up into multiple movies, it was still a ton of fun to watch and that is ultimately all I really care about when I watch a movie. Also, Batman is completely badass, I really hope Ben Affleck gets a chance to have his own standalone Batman movie in the same vein as this movie. It would probably piss a lot of "purist" Batman fans off but it would be awesome. 

Parker

• Like 1

102597285-Batman-vs-Superman.1910x1000.j

Wasn't gonna watch this, but as I was heading out of college I ran into a friend who asked me to go see it with them, since he was paying I accepted :P It was alright...not too good, but not as bad as people make it out to be imo. There was a lot wrong with it but overall it's enjoyable enough. I'll go into what I didn't like about it below but it has very minor spoilers -

The beginning of the film was very disjointed, like different shit would just happen but nothing flowed and it felt like I was watching a compilation video. Also the last 10 minutes or so had the same feeling, most of it felt unnecessary too. There was also a lot of setup for justice league which would've fit better in a post-credits scene. Out of everything though...the thing that annoyed me most was the fact that Batman kills people. It's always been a thing (idk about all the comics so don't come back at me with stuff like "oh but in Batman does shit issue 769 he says this and does this", because I just mean in general) that he doesn't kill people and this can be seen in past movies and games, but in this he just casually kills people like it means nothing. It's not portrayed as a resolution or a means to an end, it just happens as if it always had done. Apart from that, Affleck was pretty good as Batman and despite what people have said about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, I found him to suit the character well and he was one of the most interesting people out of an otherwise bland cast.

Edited by Akira Fox
  • Like 1

Haven't seen a movie yet this week (been working crazy hours) but I did see three last week.

Midnight Special - this was excellent. thoroughly enjoyed. definitely recommend this to just about anyone.

Dallas Buyers Club - great performances and engaging to the end

Batman v Superman - sigh... just no.

Alien 3 (specifically, the Assembly Cut). I recently got the Kombat Pack 2 for MKX and having Alien in the roster made me want to watch the trilogy again.

In my opinion there is a lot going for this movie - the story, the cast, the cinematography, the lighting, the score... The occasional moments of dark humour don't overstay their welcome like they do in Resurrection. I love it. Always thought it was unfairly underrated, but I can understand the mixed reception it got in the shadow of its predecessors. Still, a fitting end to the trilogy as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Alien 3 (specifically, the Assembly Cut). I recently got the Kombat Pack 2 for MKX and having Alien in the roster made me want to watch the trilogy again.

In my opinion there is a lot going for this movie - the story, the cast, the cinematography, the lighting, the score... The occasional moments of dark humour don't overstay their welcome like they do in Resurrection. I love it. Always thought it was unfairly underrated, but I can understand the mixed reception it got in the shadow of its predecessors. Still, a fitting end to the trilogy as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I always liked the dark, depressing tone of the movie and it looks and sounds great. The performances are fantastic as well. Even though Fincher no longer wants his name attached to the film, it clearly shows his talents as a filmmaker at that time.

The Assembly Cut is pretty awesome. I wish Fincher himself would've said yes to the studio's offer to have him create his own definitive director's cut, but even without his input the AC came out great, I think.

Edited by ShadowReplicant

Zootopia
F4lg.jpg

Actually really enjoyed it. Thought it really blew Inside Out (last new animated movie I saw and I know that's Pixar, but it's still Disney!) out of the water. Highly recommend it if you're like me and all you watch is animated movies because you'll forever be a child inside.

• Like 2

yMAATEv.jpg

 I'll say that I liked it. It wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't blow me away. I'm still looking forward to the string of DCEU movies to come though.

 Like a lot of folks, I wasn't really buying Jesse Eisenberg as Lex. Everyone else (of the main cast at least) was great.

 Saw it in IMAX (haven't been to IMAX since the fourth grade) and holy crap are IMAX scenes crisp. Have I been missing out on this the whole time (for movies with scenes filmed for IMAX)? Every movie needs to be filmed entirely for IMAX.

Edited by TriggerTortoise
  • Like 1