The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Mamma Mia...

2/10 only because of Pierce Brosnan, otherwise I wouldn't even give it a rating.

Parker

That's funny, my girlfriend likes the movie, but he's the only reason she doesn't like it more.

I saw Super 8 a day or two ago. I was expecting a decent sci-fi flick, but I got a less interesting Goonies movie with above-average production value. Can't say I loved it, but I guess it was pretty good for what it was.

4481862906_4ee1f48c8e.jpg

Tarantula - 1955

Directed by the renowned Jack Arnold, among other things, the film is notable for the appearance of a 25-year-old Clint Eastwood in an uncredited role as a jet pilot at the end of the film.

A biological researcher, Professor Gerald Deemer, who is trying to prevent the food shortages which will result from the world's expanding population. With the help of atomic science, he invents a special nutrient on which animals can live exclusively, but which causes them to grow to many times their normal size. In his laboratory, he houses several oversized rodents and, inexplicably, a Mexican red rumped tarantula.

When his researchers try the nutrient, they develop runaway acromegaly. One of them is driven mad, half destroys the lab (freeing the animals), and attacks Deemer, injecting him with the solution. The tarantula is one of the creatures freed. As a result, Deemer gradually becomes more and more deformed while the now-gigantic tarantula ravages the countryside.

tarantula-creature.jpg

A sympathetic doctor, Matt Hastings, and Deemer's female assistant, Stephanie Clayton, investigate the mystery of the clean-picked animal bones and eight-foot pools of arachnid venom, which the spider leaves behind: it also wrecks the Deemer lab. The spider is eventually destroyed, after several failed attempts, by a napalm attack launched from a jet fighter squadron.

The second most popular of the "Giant Bug" movies made in the 1950's, Tarantula fed on the fears of the unknown in regards to scientific research of the population at the time. Much like the movie THEM! - 1955, which was based on the unknown of nuclear radiation/fallout, Tarantula also fed on the fears of the atomic sciences.

This is also one of my favorites that, although quite campy and the FX being what one would expect from the era, is a great lazy-day movie.

I've seen a bit of it, and I'm definitely not a big Star Trek fan but the film was entertaining, at least the part I saw of it.

Agreed. I've never been a big Star Trek fan. But this one was rather good. I loved it how they got John Cho to play George Takei's character.

Your font is very big. I heard it was very campy but quite fun nonetheless.

You know what they say about guys with big fonts... they have sight impediments. But yes, if you plan on seeing The Avengers, you're pretty much forced to see it. Not that it's that bad or anything.

Black hawk Down. Pretty meh.

4481862906_4ee1f48c8e.jpg

Tarantula - 1955

Directed by the renowned Jack Arnold, among other things, the film is notable for the appearance of a 25-year-old Clint Eastwood in an uncredited role as a jet pilot at the end of the film.

A biological researcher, Professor Gerald Deemer, who is trying to prevent the food shortages which will result from the world's expanding population. With the help of atomic science, he invents a special nutrient on which animals can live exclusively, but which causes them to grow to many times their normal size. In his laboratory, he houses several oversized rodents and, inexplicably, a Mexican red rumped tarantula.

When his researchers try the nutrient, they develop runaway acromegaly. One of them is driven mad, half destroys the lab (freeing the animals), and attacks Deemer, injecting him with the solution. The tarantula is one of the creatures freed. As a result, Deemer gradually becomes more and more deformed while the now-gigantic tarantula ravages the countryside.

tarantula-creature.jpg

A sympathetic doctor, Matt Hastings, and Deemer's female assistant, Stephanie Clayton, investigate the mystery of the clean-picked animal bones and eight-foot pools of arachnid venom, which the spider leaves behind: it also wrecks the Deemer lab. The spider is eventually destroyed, after several failed attempts, by a napalm attack launched from a jet fighter squadron.

The second most popular of the "Giant Bug" movies made in the 1950's, Tarantula fed on the fears of the unknown in regards to scientific research of the population at the time. Much like the movie THEM! - 1955, which was based on the unknown of nuclear radiation/fallout, Tarantula also fed on the fears of the atomic sciences.

This is also one of my favorites that, although quite campy and the FX being what one would expect from the era, is a great lazy-day movie.

Looks like the kind of movies I like to watch for fun.

You know what they say about guys with big fonts... they have sight impediments. But yes, if you plan on seeing The Avengers, you're pretty much forced to see it. Not that it's that bad or anything.

To be honest, I have no idea what The Avengers is, I heard of it through references made by the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses people, but only in connection to Captain America.

To be honest, I have no idea what The Avengers is, I heard of it through references made by the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses people, but only in connection to Captain America.

The Avengers is a movie coming out next year based on the comics. Basically they're a collection of major Marvel superheroes (there's a clusterfuck of them in the comic universe's Avengers). Thor and Captain America were both kinda sucky because they were pumped out to get The Avengers out sooner. Other tie-ins are the Iron Man movies and the Hulk reboot.

My girlfriend and I watched Battle: Los Angeles a few nights ago, it was phenomenal, but we both thought it was basically just Black Hawk Down with aliens. Other than that we watched Alien (1979) two days ago at my uncles in his giant home theatre basement thing. (Dude's got a projector hooked up to a screen that's like 11' x 17' or something. BOOM.