The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I watched Enemy with Jake Gyllenhaal. Only watched it because he's one of my favorite actors. Movie was alright some scenes were pretty good but the rest kind of lame and the whole symbolism thing is only interesting if you don't have to read about it afterwards to even begin to understand. Idk maybe I'm just stupid. I'd give it like a 62/100

• Like 1

elcamino-Snowglobe_Vertical-Teaser_RGB_U

What with Breaking Bad being a top five TV series of all time for me and all (and Better Call Saul hovering somewhere around there), I was always going to watch this sooner or later. And... it's pretty damn good. The escapey escapades of Jesse Pinkman is a story I didn't really know I wanted until they went and told it anyway.

A tense slow burn fraught with intent and purpose, it's definitely embodies the spirit of its storied legacy. Plenty of close calls and heart-in-your-chest near misses to get those old BrBa feels pumping through your guttywuts. Nostalgia is, of course, welcomed, but used pretty sparingly, mostly to tie the current events into past ones. I can't say it wasn't special seeing dearly departed Robert Forster as Ed the Vacuum Guy (it makes sense in context) one last time... and the less exigent nostalgic beats will hit you where it hurts, man. 

Despite being a flawed character guilty of various petty crimes and an accessory to even worse ones, you really want Jesse to pull through and be able to start anew. He's just a guy who didn't realize what he got into before it was too late, and was always able to maintain a semblance of a moral compass through all the drug dealery, after all. Aaron Paul is as good as he's ever been, and is at points almost terrifying to behold as a shell-shocked atoner with nothing left to lose. Sometimes when you look into his eyes, it's Walter White's steely determination glaring back at you.

They took a chance trying to pick things up after six years (trying to keep Belisario's maxim in the back of your head is a must) and did as good a job as could be done with something that may not have the best laid claim to justifying its own existence. As a BrBa devotee, it has my full stamp of approval.

• Like 3

kinopoisk.ru-The-Lighthouse-3410730.jpg

Watched black&white Pattinson and Dafoe gloriously lose their minds. Brilliant acting, cool cinematography. Wished it was more psychologically thrilling at the end, but in no way were I disapponted. Great experience. Will watch again with no dub (watched it in russian).

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1