The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

saw The Night Clerk because Ana de Armas is in it, the movie overall is very weak, waste of time, no point to it, nothing happen, 100% predictable, but Ana does a good job as always, too bad there's not much for her to work woth in this movie

MV5BMzQwNjMyMzctODg5Ni00YTJkLTg0NTQtZWI4MDcxYzY3MTRiL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Figured I would watch it since it's on YouTube. I feel like it's meant for people that have played the game since there is a lot of things missing from it along with some additional things that weren't in the game and so I have a hard time imagining how anyone would know what's going on without knowing about the source material. To start off with it begins when Kiryu is getting food for the dog so you don't get the backstory of him being in prison for ten years or why along with why Nishikiyama is the antagonist (who only shows up at the end anyway). Along with that characters like Shimano are not in it at all. The additional stuff is like a side-story involving two bank robbers and a couple that wind up stealing from the stores around Kamurocho. Also instead of it taking place during the winter season it takes place in the summer during a heat wave.

That said, the parts with Majima are pretty good and the guy that played him did well. For some reason his eyepatch is on the wrong eye though yet curiously enough on the poster it's on the correct one so I don't know what that's about. But yeah, there's a scene where it's his gang walking around Kamurocho looking for Kiryu and Majima is just casually walking by while they beat the shit out of everyone around them and it seemed like a very Majima thing to do ? There's also a funny moment during the Nishikiyama fight that went a different way I was expecting. I think it's worth watching for those moments alone but I think it's worth checking out if you have played the first game despite all the differences between the two.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Caquis_1 said:

image.png

Have seen only two movies nominated for the Oscar's, gotta catch up but most likely will happen in the next few months lol

2022 had a lot of great movies, but Bodies Bodies Bodies was the one that surprised me the most. Fresh cinematography, smart and funny satire, wild and hilarious supporting performances from Rachel Sennott and Myha'la Herrold.

21e74940a7397d6d9d5676aee94b26a737bd6b1e

Deserved more award recognition.

Triangle of Sadness gets pretty wild and funny too. You should watch that one next.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:43 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

2022 had a lot of great movies, but Bodies Bodies Bodies was the one that surprised me the most. Fresh cinematography, smart and funny satire, wild and hilarious supporting performances from Rachel Sennott and Myha'la Herrold.

Totally agree with you on that one, didn't expect a lot from that movie and ended up loving it, definitely a must watch from 2022.

On 11/3/2023 at 11:43 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Triangle of Sadness gets pretty wild and funny too. You should watch that one next.

That movie have been on my radar for a while, gonna see where I can watch it, thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

Top of the class...

FsihnqSXwAACt3-?format=jpg&name=medium

I loved how Top Gun Maverick took notes from the best Mission: Impossible movies and nailed how to clearly set the stakes, get the audience on the edge with its twists and turns, and explode in a heart-pounding third act. It's also beautifully shot.

No need to tell anyone how refreshing it is to watch original, creative and fun movies like EEAAO and RRR. Thankfully there were a few more like these in 2022. I hope 2023 keeps this trend going.

...and bottom of the barrel.

Fsihn2SWIAAY8is?format=jpg&name=medium

(Morbid) curiosity got the better of me.

At least I was entertained by Tom Hardy in Let There Be Carnage and by Anya Taylor-Joy in New Mutants.

On the other hand, Morbius was the most bland thing ever and Dark Phoenix was downright offensive.

At this point, I wish Hollywood would just hit the pause button on super-hero movies for a few years. It's simply not working anymore.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

MV5BMmRkMDQzYzItZDFhMS00YzM1LTk0ZGMtZmExMzdiNzEwOTE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg Glorious_(film).jpg

Enjoyed both of these and would recommend them to any horror fans.

Veronica is your typical haunted house horror but was well-acted, had a very eerie atmosphere and was pretty scary in certain parts.

Glorious was not what I was expecting but it's a great indie horror/thriller with some comedic elements to it.

• Like 1