How Many Now Unattainable Platinums Do You Have?

willmill97

With all these PS3 server shutdowns popping up, I'm making sure to look at all my PS3 games and getting any online trophies I can before I have to worry about them. 

I recently got the inFamous 2 online ones and I'm going to get the Festival of Blood ones too soon so I won't have to worry about those. I'd have to not be able to plat the whole series because of servers going down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 1:46 PM, madbuk said:

LittleBigPlanet Vita 100% since DLC was delisted

Not entirely true. It was delisted from the store yes, but they did a physical Marvel Edition of the game. I picked one up last year of amazon for £20. I have heard of some being dodgy though and people shipping the standard game in the Marvel Edition cases. So it can be a bit tricky, but not impossible.

On topic I have GTA5 (PS3) but can someone explain why its not possible any more? 

Edited by MADcow87_

I tackled this problem last year due to me realising they will actually close down game servers at some point so I better stop putting them off any longer. I managed to finish off Black Ops 1 zombies (nearly 6 years to 100% ?), Payday 2 (nearly 3 years to 100% ?), MW3 Spec Ops (5 year 6 month to 100% ?) and Black Ops 2 zombies (nearly 5 years to 100%?)

24 minutes ago, MADcow87_ said:

Not entirely true. It was delisted from the store yes, but they did a physical Marvel Edition of the game. I picked one up last year of amazon for £20. I have heard of some being dodgy though and people shipping the standard game in the Marvel Edition cases. So it can be a bit tricky, but not impossible.

On topic I have GTA5 (PS3) but can someone explain why its not possible any more? 

I dont think the bounty trophy works anymore because Rockstar removed it from the game a few month back on PS3 because people were hacking and getting a shit ton of in game money through the bounty system and I dont think they managed to find a way to fix it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SirPigFace said:

I dont think the bounty trophy works anymore because Rockstar removed it from the game a few month back on PS3 because people were hacking and getting a shit ton of in game money through the bounty system and I dont think they managed to find a way to fix it. 

Just looked at the recent achievers for the trophy on the site and there are people unlocking it as recently as 30th December. SO maybe its just difficult as opposed to impossible?

2 hours ago, MADcow87_ said:

Just looked at the recent achievers for the trophy on the site and there are people unlocking it as recently as 30th December. SO maybe its just difficult as opposed to impossible?

There are modders going around on the GTAV servers adding bounties to people even though the feature has been disabled, which is why people are still unlocking it.

So it is impossible, but people are cheating and those should be reported so the flagging team can handle it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MADcow87_ said:

Yeah its stupid because modders can still put bounties on you supposedly. People shouldn't really get punished for a pretty simple trophy that takes hardly any time to complete legit unless it unlocks other trophies too but hey ho.

• Like 1

Counting only plats and not counting de-listed... 

Disney Infinity (PS3)

Disney Infinity 2.0 (PS3, PS4, Vita)

Disney Infinity 3.0 (PS3, PS4)

Hot Shots Golf (Vita)

SingStar (PS3 physical)

Smart As... (Vita)

EA Sports Active 2 (PS3)

Instant Artist (PS3)

Darksiders II (PS3)

FIFA 11 (PS3)

Also have online done for Hot Shots Golf (PS3), but no plat yet. So 13 or 14, depending on how you want to count.

Also plan to have Saint's Row III and IV for PS3 online done by end of the month, so that's two more, eventually.

Decided to list games with no plats just for fun:

Tomorrow Children

Tekken Revolution

Spartacus Legends

Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

PlayStation Home

Planet Minigolf

Still not counting delisted. :)

Edited by RNumbers

Funny, reading through the topic it seems like half the people are listing games they have on their accounts which can no longer be completed. I think the intent was to list games you HAVE completed but a new player seeking to do so could not ("I thought it'd be fun to look at which games we have completed but can no longer be done").

Fortunately, I don't have any in the former category (yet). I think either Battlefield 1 of Farpoint will get me, though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Funny, reading through the topic it seems like half the people are listing games they have on their accounts which can no longer be completed. I think the intent was to list games you HAVE completed but a new player seeking to do so could not ("I thought it'd be fun to look at which games we have completed but can no longer be done").

Fortunately, I don't have any in the former category (yet). I think either Battlefield 1 of Farpoint will get me, though.

This guys gets it haha

The only game on my profile that can no longer be played is Destiny of Spirits (PSVita). I started playing a few weeks before they announced the servers closure. I had to rush through the game and play several hours a day while frequently setting alarms on my phone to get back to it as soon as my cards had their full health back. I'm kinda proud of this one :P 

Off the top of my head theres:

DCUO (ps3)

i downloaded it before i knew what tropies were, played it once and had no interest in it afterwards. I Never earned a trophy for it so i deleted it

Fight Night 4 (ps3)

i loved Round 3 so i bought 4 and hated it right from the start. 0% so i deleted it and traded it in for my next regret, ufc undisputed 2010

ufc undisputed 2010 (ps3)

i just wanted a fighting game and this game did not deliver, sadly im at 7% trophy completion but i have no interest in ever returning to it. ill just count my losses

free realms (ps3)

Just got my ps3, i saw it was free to download, like the 3 previous games. I got it not knowing trophies were even a thing and just like the others, i couldnt get into it. 0% and deleted.

theres probably more but its too depressing to go on. Lets just say ive since put more thought and care to what gets added to my collection :)

As far as I know WWE 2K15 is the only unobtainable platinum for me, since I managed to pop GTA V's :bronze: Run Like The Wind trophy before the bounty system was removed. That said, my unfinished PS3 games are all unobtainable at present since I don't have a PS3 after it died and I immediately switched to PS4. I'm not ruling out buying a PS3 in the future again and going back for those games but it's extremely unlikely. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn