How Many Now Unattainable Platinums Do You Have?

willmill97

• 8 months later...

Only two I think. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale which recently became unobtainable and Quantum of Solace which has been unobtainable for a while. If I tried hard enough, I could earn more unobtainable plats such as Black Ops 2, since I already have the "Big Leagues" trophy, but I wouldn't even attempt getting all of the challenges on SP mode as that is just a giant pain in the ass.

I have 14 in total + 2 without a plat.

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

EyePet

WipEout HD

WipEout 2048

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Hitman: Absolution

Starhawk

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

Warhawk

Twisted Metal

PS All-Stars Battle Royale

Tekken Revolution

CounterSpy

On 1/1/2018 at 11:16 PM, Feral said:

I've got 8:

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • Midnight Club L.A
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Resistance 2
  • Skate 2
  • Skate 3
  • Smart As

Isn't GTA5 still open, or are you referring to the amount of hackers and server lag (especially on the PS3 version).

platinums: lord of the rings: conquest 

100%: Guardians of middle earth, Spartacus legends, Tekken Revolution, and Soulcalibur: lost swords.

Edited by wackt1

7 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Isn't GTA5 still open, or are you referring to the amount of hackers and server lag (especially on the PS3 version).

Yeah think so. Really don't know what I was referring to because I can't remember. Might've been the bounty trophy that others mention in here.

I probably have quite a few but Skate 3 I am the most bitter about. It was my first game on Ps3 and I spent around 65 hours on it just fooling around in singleplayer. Did every singleplayer related trophy, but didn't bother to check out the multiplayer. The servers were actually up for a few months this year, but I missed it! At least I already have the unobtainable trophies of Skate 2, so I will make that my 20th plat instead :) And I will probably be one of the, if not THE last person to achieve the platinum! Last one to get it was in 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PS3. 

I’m not going to risk trying to get the Run Like the Wind when the only way to get it is to get tagged by a modder. 

It’s not technically unobtainable but it’s obvious Rockstar has long abandoned the PS3 version of this game. So no point in trying for me.

42 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Now I have:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal (Vita)

Server shutdowns are both exciting and nerve wracking. 

You have the platinum in both. So how are they unobtainable for you?

Just one (Quantum of Solace).

But I'm not working on any of my really old games either, so it's very likely the number is gonna grow in the future. I hate relying on others and making appointments in my daily routine just to get trophies. I might get a second PS3 in the future though to do all of those annoying MP trophies on my own.

24 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You have the platinum in both. So how are they unobtainable for you?

This topic was originally trophies you HAVE that are no longer obtainable for new players. So Thatmuttguy is actually one of the few whose answers fit perfectly. :)

Edit: except for the fact that those servers are currently still up, of course....

Edited by RNumbers

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This topic was originally trophies you HAVE that are no longer obtainable for new players. So Thatmuttguy is actually one of the few whose answers fit perfectly. :)

Edit: except for the fact that those servers are currently still up, of course....

Then I guess I have that too, because I did the Vita version of Playstation All Stars two weeks ago.

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Haha true. I guess I should rephrase it as they will be unattainable in like a week. 

• 3 weeks later...