The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (complete, enjoyment: 7.5/10)

when-supernatural-battles-became-commonp

A little slow starting, but it does start to pick up towards the mid-end, sadly it's pretty short though (12 episodes) & ends right when things start getting interesting... ? Considering this is from 2014, I don't think there's much hope for a S2 either. :(

• Like 4

your name. (complete, enjoyment: 8.7/10)

your-name-7639.jpg?t=1537820529

I haven't watched too many anime movies before, so I wanted to check a new one out... really I just picked one at random with good ratings (even though I don't put much faith in reviews). ? It was better than expected though, definitely worth a watch if you like a romance anime, or even just supernatural stuff.

I really need to look into more movies, I should've watched this one a while back... :hmm:

Great Pretender (episode 17)

great-pretender-13751.jpg?t=1579888459

Every time I see the opening to this, it always reminds me of Cowboy Bebop. ?

Mob Psycho 100 II (episode 1)

mob-psycho-100-ii-9842.jpg?t=1547005624

When did S2 of Mob get dubbed? I completely missed that! :shakefist:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

your name. (complete, enjoyment: 8.7/10)

your-name-7639.jpg?t=1537820529

I haven't watched too many anime movies before, so I wanted to check a new one out... really I just picked one at random with good ratings (even though I don't put much faith in reviews). 1f605.png It was better than expected though, definitely worth a watch if you like a romance anime, or even just supernatural stuff.

I really need to look into more movies, I should've watched this one a while back... :hmm:

Great Pretender (episode 17)

Every time I see the opening to this, it always reminds me of Cowboy Bebop. 1f605.png

Mob Psycho 100 II (episode 1)

When did S2 of Mob get dubbed? I completely missed that! :shakefist:

You just saw it now! You fool! I'll send you a message with a bunch of movies I enjoyed. 

We gotta get you up to speed! 

• Like 1

I finally finished Fairy Tail and it's movies. So... I've decided to dive into simuldubs myself. I don't know how long I'll do this honestly though because there aren't all that many I'm really that interested in.

For now though here are the ones I'm watching

110751l.webp

110105l.webp

Wonder Egg Priority and Yashahime (InuYasha sequel)

Enjoying them so far.

Wonder Egg seems like a weird trip and I can't tell what's real and what's not lol. It's weird but good. It's like an anime combo of Inception and Madoka Magica. I know weird combo but it's what I came up with lol.

9 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

You just saw it now! You fool! I'll send you a message with a bunch of movies I enjoyed. 

We gotta get you up to speed! 

Yeah, a few years late for that probably. ? Sure, just try to keep it limited to things that have been dubbed, I'm still not a fan of subs. :P

Another one I was considering was "A Silent Voice", I'm sure that'll be on your list because I seen you mention it just recently. xD

• Like 1

Naruto (episodes 1-55)

MV5BZmQ5NGFiNWEtMmMyMC00MDdiLTg4YjktOGY5Yzc2MDUxMTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

One of our TV channels has started running a Naruto marathon, so I though "Why not" and started watching. And it's been pretty enjoyable so far, tbh. Before this, I've ony seen some episodes from the later half of the tournament in the chunin exam arc. The 55 episodes I saw recently cover the bridge mission arc and around a half of the chunin exam arc, I believe. Right now, I'm on the part where Naruto is being trained by Jiraiya.

I like the characters. There are so many of them, and they're all so unique, that you'll definitely find your favourites (mine are below). I like how this fictional world is rich with details about every aspect of the ninja life. The economics, the world structure, the social structure, the powers, the bloodlines, all of that. The animation is not bad too. There were a couple of episodes, usually big fights, where you notice the bump in quality and fluidity, those were some of my favourite ones.

I don't like the pacing of some fights which is typical for shonen anime titles. The fight starts - something happens - episode ends - the next episode spends 3 minutes to recap the previous one - 3 more minutes to explain what happened - the fight continues - episode ends - more recap in the episode after that - a flashback to someone's tragic past, and so on. You get the idea. Sometimes 3 episodes can easily fit into 2. And you know these are stretched because you later see plenty of fights that are not like that. Also didn't like filler recap episodes. One was a full recap of the first 25 episodes, another one spent 8 (out of 22) minutes on what happened previously. But whatever, it's not too bad.

Favourite characters as of ep. 55:

1. Kakashi
  2. Rock Lee
  3. Jiraiya
  4. Shikamaru
  5. Naruto

I have to say, I feel like the show's female characters are not as strong. "Sakura is useless" has become a meme for a reason. Except for showing her theoretical knowledge and passing the exams, she han't done a lot. It took her 32 episodes to do something impressive for the first time, OOF. Ino looks cool, but she doesn't do anything impressive either. Hinata hasn't impressed either, although it's more understandible since she has received less screen time so far. I usually like cute characters, but Hinata is way too cute and shy. Also, the fact that all 3 of them have a character trait that they're madly in love with one of the boys is a little frustrating. I get that the target audience is male teens, and it's done for them, but come on man, did you really have to make all 3 of them so obsessed? As for the rest, I can't even remember their names.

I'm planning to continue watching until the end of the chunin exam arc, then we'll see. Or I'll just stop whenever I get bored.

• Like 1

A Silent Voice (complete, enjoyment: 7.4/10)

a-silent-voice-6805.jpg?t=1520541155

Not quite as good a "your name", but overall it was decent enough...

Spoiler

I was surprised it ended without Shouya really understanding Shouko's feelings though... at least that's what it seemed like? :hmm:

Keeping with the theme, maybe I'll check out "I Want to Eat Your Pancreas" next? That name though... ?

Great Pretender (complete, enjoyment: 8.5/10)

Definitely looking forward to another season of this, it was like a mix of Lupin III & Black Lagoon... there's even a Revy-like character in it (who's also my favorite in the series). :D

Mob Psycho 100 II (complete, enjoyment: 7.7/10)

Think I enjoyed S1 a little better, just seemed like it was lacking something? :hmm: The opening theme was a ton better in S1 as well. ?

Edited by Masamune

Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 1-5

113277.jpg

Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! Episode 1-5

113795.jpg

Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu Episode 1-6

111099.jpg

Gokushufudou Episode 1-5 (Finished)

113180.jpg

Enjoyment level 8

"Immortal Tatsu," the legendary yakuza who single-handedly defeated a rival gang with a lead pipe, is a name known to strike fear in both hardened police officers and vicious criminals. Soon after his sudden disappearance, he resurfaces with a slight change in profession. Now equipped with an apron, Tatsu has given up violence and is trying to make an honest living as a house husband.

While adapting to mundane household tasks, Tatsu finds that being a house husband has its own challenges, from the battlefield known as supermarket sales to failures in the kitchen. Despite living peacefully, misunderstandings seem to follow him left and right. Gokushufudou follows the daily life of the comically serious ex-yakuza as he leaves behind his dangerous previous life to become a stay-at-home husband.

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 13-17

113724.jpg

Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita Episode 3-5

113723.jpg

Now with all the main members of Azusa's house in the highlands showed(well one don't join Azusa's family until the Demon King related episode/s)

Now to look forward to seeing the Undead Cat Girl Neet, Witch's House Cafe(mostly just to see Azusa, Beelzebub and Laika in maid outfits again) animated.

Shadows House Episode 1-2

113342.jpg

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! Episode 1-6

113705.jpg

Super Cub Episode 1-3

111172.jpg

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 Episode 4-13 (Finished)

110803.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

Within the horse-racing world, the horse girls of Team Spica have been gaining popularity as they continue to rack up victories. The one receiving the most attention in the group is Toukai Teiou, known for her cheerful personality and exceptional running skills. Teiou aims to become an undefeated Triple Crown horse girl by winning all three G1 races consecutively, a feat that has not been accomplished since the legendary Symbolic Rudolf managed to do so many years ago.

On her path to obtaining the Triple Crown, Teiou is met with many challenges, encountering both old and new rivals. Amidst her fierce rivalries, however, Teiou is soon confronted with decisions that will leave a huge impact on her very own racing career.

5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 2-12 (Finished)

109514.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

Through their tutor Fuutarou Uesugi's diligent guidance, the Nakano quintuplets' academic performance shows signs of improvement, even if their path to graduation is still rocky. However, as they continue to cause various situations that delay any actual tutoring, Fuutarou becomes increasingly involved with their personal lives, further complicating their relationship with each other.

On another note, Fuutarou slowly begins to realize the existence of a possible connection between him and the past he believes to have shared with one of the five girls. With everyone's feelings beginning to develop and overlap, will they be able to keep their bond strictly to that of a teacher and his students—or will it mature into something else entirely?

World Trigger 2nd Season Episode 1-12 (Finished)

110462.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

Continues where Season 1 ended 5 years ago... Well at least the OP is kind of a recap animate wise(The Filler Arc is not show however)

Hopefully S3 ends the B-Rank Rank Battles Arc and shows parts of Expedition Selection Exam Arc

Now to get back into Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 1 and start some of the Crunchyroll Spring 2021 Anime I plan to watch.

111546l.webp

Back Arrow

Ep 1-4

About time I started watching this. Can't say too much about it, other than there's betrayal and stuff every now and then. The way Ep 4 ended makes me want to see what happens next.

109963l.webp

High-Rise Invasion

Ep 4

All I can say about this one, that ending is where the s*** gets serious.

d1b9a995-2b91-41ec-b413-737a719cb1f0_1.d

Kinda wish I saw this on the big screen, but hey, can't argue against what I ended up paying (wink wink). Not a knock against it, just who can say no to that price?

Visually speaking, it is a fun ride, and it fairs alot better from the prior Trigger production (BNA) I watched by virtue of having a movie budget. The character designs are again really great, the colors used are all very comforting and easy on the eyes, the overall tone and feel is that of just a fun ride, and I can't help but give it points for how cheekily it pokes fun at it's Gurren Lagann inspiration. And yeah, it pretty much is Trigger wanting a Gurren Lagann they could call their own; I could say you'd get a much more fulfilling experience watching that TV series, but I could ALSO say that Promare does it alot better than GL's own movies.

If I had one negative, one moment that took me out of the experience, it would be the halfway point when our heroes meet exposition character who explains the backstory. I disliked this moment for 2 reasons; the 1st is how clunky it is in regards to narrative; this guy literally shows up, starts laying out the background, and our heroes barely even question it; it feels so much like a last minute addition. 2nd, the art style switches to that very rubbery spastic wacky look that you often in alot of the more comedic moments in Trigger's shows. It just did not gel well with the move had given up the point, and the characters were just so ugly to look at. Thankfully it doesn't take long to go back the more solid grounded look, but I'm serious when I say it was jarring when it happened.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 1