The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

inb4SatoshiPostingTheCompleteJapTitle

This one deserves a second season, but unfortunately as much as people are hype about this one last year, nobody seems to remember about this anime anymore :(

I'm still much hyped and waiting for 2nd season for months but yea not much more are esger to continue this story as i can see , which is a shame , i really enjoyed this show .

Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu

arslan-senki-fuujin-ranbu-7550.jpg

The second season of Arslan Senki. This one felt very rushed, which isn't surprising considering it only has 8 episodes  :rolleyes: . That's a real shame, because the first season was amazing and this one feels more like a short DLC that comes after a game. However, the story is as good as in season 1 and there are some unexpected plot twists here and there. Battles aren't as exciting as in season 1 (again due to it only being 8 episodes) and are won very quickly. It was also way too obvious who the bad guy was in the port city, which was a shame. The last episode feels like the final battle is about to start and I really hope it won't be rushed, because there are some things (like that Turak army at the start of season 2) that seem to be forgotten.

I was also hoping for a romance to start between Arslan and Etoile, but that didn't happen ... (yet?)

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

The answer, of course, is no.

This was literally the first thing I watched on Crunchyroll on the PS4. How could you not, based on the title alone. I also had never seen Sword Art Online which, after reading many reviews of IIWTTTPUGIAD ( <- epic ) written primarily by rabid SAO fanbois, may have been a good thing. Many claimed "shitty rip-off" but I actually found it enjoyable enough with a decent story and, after watching SAO afterwards on recommendation, had enough differences to hold its own. I will not disagree that it bore striking similarities to SAO, but it delivered its own take on multi-level, dungeon crawling, augmented reality harem adventures quite well.

Glad someone else liked it.

• Like 1

The answer, of course, is no.

This was literally the first thing I watched on Crunchyroll on the PS4. How could you not, based on the title alone. I also had never seen Sword Art Online which, after reading many reviews of IIWTTTPUGIAD ( <- epic ) written primarily by rabid SAO fanbois, may have been a good thing. Many claimed "shitty rip-off" but I actually found it enjoyable enough with a decent story and, after watching SAO afterwards on recommendation, had enough differences to hold its own. I will not disagree that it bore striking similarities to SAO, but it delivered its own take on multi-level, dungeon crawling, augmented reality harem adventures quite well.

Glad someone else liked it.

Yeah I agree, SAO and DanMachi are both great anime with enough differences to set them apart :highfive:. I'm really hoping this one also gets a season 2. If you haven't watched KonoSuba yet, I recommend it. It's very funny.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, SAO and DanMachi are both great anime with enough differences to set them apart :highfive:. I'm really hoping this one also gets a season 2. If you haven't watched KonoSuba yet, I recommend it. It's very funny.

Thanks, mate. Added to the Crunchyroll queue. When my first world internet finally gets installed in a couple of weeks I will do some binge watching. ;)

Kuromukuro ep 21

Seems like the Efidolg completely obliterated the defenses of the research centre, which wasn't surprising because of the episode title. I wonder what kind of deus ex machina the anime will show to defeat them. Muetta is definitely going to recover her samurai gundam and join the fight. I wonder if Sophie will control a Gauss too since Sebastian apparently died. Assuming the UN can quickly send another Gauss along with reinforcements. It's also time to reveal what exactly happened 450 years ago and what became of Yukina's dad

Phantom Requiem of the Phantom

phantom-requiem-for-the-phantom-2369.jpg

Pretty badass anime with badass characters. Story was really good, didn't really like where the story went towards the end though. Also the music just fit so well with this anime.

I really never hated someone so much as that dude in SAO (you probably know which one im talking about) but this anime has a character which i hate just as much as him like really badly. 

Saw some more stuff that will hopefully convince the kids at art class of my coolness.

78601.jpg

Kagewani and its sequel Kagewani: Shou are both 13-episode series with a runtime or around 6 minutes for each episode. They're a tribute to old monster movies with every new episode introducing new characters running into different monsters. Most non-blind viewers will most likely notice that Kagewani is extremely low budget right off the bat, with animation quality that would remind one of YouTube animations rather than professional work. While this rather limited style of animation ironically works well as a tribute to old monster movies (which look pretty unconvincing by todays standards as well) and the monster designs looks great for the most part it's undeniable that it can ruin the mood when the animation gets so poor it's hard to be taken seriously anymore. The main reason i would recommend this show is its fantastic pacing. The way each episode manages to introduce the viewer to new characters and still find time to build up some solid atmosphere is quite remarkable. Sadly it loses some of that appeal in its second season, as things get more and more cheesy. Still very much worth checking out, as long as you can get over the visuals.

7/10 for Season 1, 6/10 for Season 2.

68113.jpg

Yuurei-Sen or The Phantom Ship is an 11 minute short film from 1956. Sadly, like most of its contemporaries, it doesn't really go beyond "hey we can make images move now" despite its fairly unique visual style.

5/10

20713.jpg

Mononoke is a 12 episode supernatural horror/mystery show from 2007. It's somewhat of a spinoff of a similar show by the name of Ayakashi from 2006, which i haven't seen so i can't comment on it. One of Mononoke's appeals certainly lies in its uniqueness, as i have a hard time to think of any anime remotely close to it in terms of visual style, tone or themes. To be honest, i'm having trouble properly describing it without going into details that i'd rather leave to the viewer. Just know that it looks really good and the OP is baller as fuck. Consider this a recommendation.

9/10.

18949.jpg

Yami wo Mitseru Hane is a 17-minute short film from 2003. I like to think that i have a fairly open mind towards abstract and artsy shenanigans but this film threw me off quite a bit. For every metaphor i felt like i understood i found myself faced with 10 more visuals that i couldn't make sense of for the life of me. I can't really say how much of the film was too smart for me and how much was just put there to look artsy or to throw in some phallic imagery but i can at least say that it was an intriguing 17 minutes.

7/10.