The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

126216.jpg

8/10

Chainsaw Man might be one of the most overhyped pieces of media in the last few years, even so, I had fun with it, it's a good show thanks to its characters, atmosphere and mature themes compared to what other anime in its genre offer, at the same time the fights are really not that impressive compared to other action shounen anime like Jujutsu Kaisen (made by the same studio) or Demon Slayer, also the cgi looks quite meh at times, overall the animation quality is very uneven.

Overall, when it comes to production values, I think Mappa as a studio has a long way to go till they can be considered in the same league as ufotable or KyoAni.

94968.jpg

7/10

This is the first chinese anime I've ever watched, the 1st season of Scissor Seven has only 10 episodes, each at about 15 minutes long.

At parts it's somewhat reminiscent of Mob Psycho. The focus here is mostly on the humor (think Stephen Chow movies) and heartfelt moments, and not on the action. From what I read the 3rd season has some incredible looking fights. It's a fine season with hints at a greater more mature story, so I will continue with the next 2 seasons.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 2

68719a787bc41e1e0f846272c0820a0016632348

Spy x Family Part 2

done with the continuation to this, it manages to maintain its quality, it's nice to see a little more focus on Yor and the new character is a good addition, same for the dog, maybe there's not as much progress in the actual story as I would've liked to see, but I get it, they want to drag the family scenario as much as possible, I also think it's a strength that the show doesn't focus on the special abilities or Yor's side job

Edited by INVESTIGATOR
  • Like 1

bx127230-FlochcFsyoF4.png

Chainsaw Man

I didn't watch it so far because the concept looked goofy to me, but afther finishing it without any expectation or knowledge before starting it, I can say that it was a pleasant surprise, it's similar to Tokyo Ghouls, I like the powers from Tokyo Ghoul more and the animation is way better in Tokyo Ghoul, but Chainsaw Man has way better characters, world building, and more potential

I liked it a lot, looking forward for more

as far as the endings, the best one is the 3rd (made by guys that did work for Death Note), then 2nd, and 8th (made by guys that did wotk for Tokyo Ghoul) gets a mention too

it has my recommendation

• Like 1

51TG9ZPFH6L._AC_SY580_.jpgVOL 1

I've been putting this one off for years and years and years, because it did not strike me as something I would like, despite it being based on one of my favorite PS2 games. After watching the first four episodes, it seems my initial judgment was validated, as is bears very little resemblance to the game it's based on. It tries to delve into the backstory of the main protagonist and antagonist, showing how they got to their situation. Problem is, I don't care.

Here's the thing when it comes to something like GunGrave; it's in the vein of John Wick. The hows and whys of everything happening isn't the important part, it's the shoot-'em up action and simple Revenge plot that drives it forward. I know this varies from person to person, but you aren't going to make me feel for anybody working in organized crime, because they perpetuate a cycle of violence and suffering upon the innocent. Most of these action-based pieces know this, so they skip that part, hope you would accept the premise of somebody who tried to leave that life behind taking as many bad guys as they can with them.

I will admit I was a bit intrigued for the first couple episodes, because I thought they were going to go to the route of making the main protagonist a straight-up mute, but no, he ends up talking in the later episodes, so that's out the window. So, I'm just going to go ahead and drop it here, because I really don't care to make it through half of the series just to get to the video game portion.

• Like 4

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Attack (episode 1)

129579l.jpg

They changed the studio for the second season, and you can see the difference in animation quality even if you compare the first minute of each season. The OP song is not as good as last time either. But other than that, it's close to the predecessor. The VA work is as good as ever, especially the leads. Manga readers were excited about some character development moments, which would be nice. I'll probably enjoy this season regardless.

• Like 4

132319l.jpg?_gl=1*1fzye9c*_ga*MTYyNzg1Mj

Trails of Cold Steel Northern War anime has now started english dubbed and I've started watching it due to that. I can't judge it yet obviously, but at least I'll now be able to see why this was so important in Cold Steel 3 and 4 when it felt like it was getting referenced constantly in what felt like every five freaking seconds.

• Like 2

one_piece_movie7.jpg?w=584

The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle

Watch this one on a whim, and it was pretty MEH for the most part. Apparently there's a rumor going around that the previous movies much darker tone and themes didn't go over so well with audiences, so they intentionally went the opposite direction for this one, and it does show. 

I found the first half the movie really entertaining, with gags that actually got a laugh out of me, and it sets itself up that they are going to explore an A fully mechanically themed island. But then around the halfway point, it switches to a completely different movie, and as a result becomes a lot more generic and boring with none of the humor really present. The promise of exploring a fully mechanical island goes right out the window, and we're right back into the generic moss covered mountains that so many other movies do. The action itself is really dull, with all the enemies going down in one shot. There is some neat foreshadowing at gear second, but the final attack used to destroy the titular Castle is really really stupid. not the fun stupid, but the "I'm not sure what they were even thinking" stupid.

Another odd point of contention is Luffy. Again, probably to distance itself from the previous movie, he acts overly joyful and optimistic, but not in the adventure seeking "does what his heart tells him" way but as a mentally handicapped child. He is constantly just running around aimlessly and constantly crashing into things like a hyperactive kid and not really investing into anything anybody saying, which at least to me is not how I'm used to Luffy.

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuLo60D3udTaGUpy9l-SK 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4AL1Wv_aRb949RClo1tx

Currently watching Vinland season 2 really enjoyed season 1 so have high hopes this will be as good so far I’m enjoying it, As for Darwin’s Game it was a fun watch but I feel like I’ve watched so many animes like it before but it is what it is still enjoyed it.                                  

• Like 3

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb

A silly name for a brilliant anime!

Loved the chemistry of the characters and how understanding they are towards one another. Also love the strange things that happen throughout the series, in my headcannon, which is the best headcannon ever put to mind or paper, it's set in the same universe as the Catherine and Persona games :D

Give it a whorl, it's a solid 9.5/10

Edited by Dantes_994
  • Like 1

129194l.jpg

Trigun Stampede has apparently started english dubbed and I've already caught up with current dubbed episodes. I can't really say much so far. Not sure how it compares to the original... but it is a little unfair to compare it to the original. I'd say it's okay so far. I also don't know if it more closely follows the manga or not.

• Like 3

Currently Watching - 

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken

I'm just gonna say....I wasn't a diabetic until I watched this, it's too sweet!!

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

I have only watched one episode but it seems interesting and keen to watch some more

• Like 1

I'm currently watching Spriggan and Trigun Stampede, and I'm super impressed by the 3D usage. The first and last '3D anime' I watched was Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio some years ago, and that was all I ever wanted to watch with 3D models, it was so bad ?
But Trigun made me look forward to new anime in that style! Episode 3 of Trigun was insanely good!

TRIGUN STAMPEDE – Auf Crunchyroll ansehenDeutscher Trailer zum Netflix-Anime »Spriggan« + Visual | Anime2You

• Like 1