The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

Dying Light 96% (excl. DLC)

Lucky 7

Harran Athletics

Polyamory

Hopefully I find the time (and some people :P) to do them in the near future.

Gauntlet 90%

We need to got Deeper - Gold

I always get stuck in level 32. :(

There are a few more games where I don't have platinum but those are the ones that I hope to finish sometime.

Tales of Xillia - Need to finish the game with Mila as the selected character. That is the only trophy that I need. But thinking of it playing for more than 30hours is keeping me away from the game.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - Finish the game on hard and at the same time finding all of the chest collectibles.

Both of these games requires another playthrough that whenever I do think of it makes me put the game back to the shelf

Infamous First Light and Until Dawn. Easy Plats but I just couldn't get the last trophy in Until Dawn and First Light I struggle in the challenging stages....and gave up.

FIFA 16. One trophy sort of the plat (Win 4 FIFA Draft games)

Broken Age....the part where you have to catch creatures flawlessly and the speedrun (always 10 minutes too slow) denied me that platinum. . And if you fucked up the capture sequence, you had to do the whole sequence again and you couldn't quick save between each catch. Too frustrating and not at all fun. Shit controls

Sly 3....100% those minigames/trials was annoying, but I couldn't beat the last boss in challenge mode (you have a lot less health). I was just so tired of Sly at that point (that series did not age as well as I thought it would and I platinumed 1 and 2 in the span of a few days). Part 3 seemed to have way too many minigames. 

Tumblestone....The game is hard, but the fucked up thing is trying to beat 3 nightmare difficulty bots. You'll see by the rarity how nearly impossible that shit is. Maybe the creator didn't want anyone to platinum this. 

BROKEN AGE>>>> That speedrun put me totally off the game. Played it for a few trophies but didn't bother for the speedrun......hate speedrun trophies

• Like 1

Gran Turismo 5 - 91%

Uncharted 3 - 99% (base game; no network pass)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 91% (no online pass)

Dead Island Riptide - 96% (no comment)

Uncharted 1 - 88% 

Far Cry 3 - 94%

Resistance 3 - 95% 

AC Rogue - 91%

Burnout Paradise - 99% (base game)

Tales of Xillia 2 - 88%

Yakuza 4 - 97%

Edited by Merlarva

• 4 weeks later...

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins - just cannot pull off the combat challenges, or complete the NG+ modes in the latter two games.

Super Street Fighter IV - the trials are just too hard for me.  Plus I don't feel like ranking up 35 characters for one silver trophy. :P

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - the online grind was too much for me, and I didn't invest much time into it anyway.  Hey ho.

Bulletstorm - never finished the MP in time.  If I had done, then I'd now have the platinum.  Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread I created, http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/43255-which-games-do-you-really-like-that-you-cannot-plat/#entry1176973, is way different than this thread here which says you can't plat a certain game based on how close you came to doing so while my locked thread was about the game you really like that you cannot plat. ._.

Edited by LordXNightmare

Another one I can't platinum would be Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita). Truth be told I don't have any of the online trophies and probably never will, but assuming I did, I don't know anyone with SFXT much less a Vita so the ad hoc trophy is out of the question.

Others have said one could always get a second Vita or PSTV to get it that way, but that's still not an option.

Edited by Caldor2K2

• 3 months later...

Mine is Call of Duty: Black OPS III. I grinded most of the mission accolades; but when I got to one of the later missions, they just started becoming ridiculous and I decided to call it quits there. Maybe sometime in the future I'll come back to it.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X - 1 trophy, "see all events". Because the last event I need requires me to beat the last medley, on Extreme, getting 210000 points, with 3 modifiers... there's a lot of weird rhythms and awkward sections where my fingers just won't follow... I almost suspect it would be easier on PS4 (in terms of controls feeling better) but sadly it's not crossbuy (even though it's cross-save) Also probably doesn't help I can't do a single Technical Zone or get the rainbow star in that song... closest so far is 108000 points

Taiko no Tatsujin V - 1 trophy, "clear 25 songs on Oni difficulty". Even with the trick where you can get 2 clears on one song (so I really just need to beat 13 different songs in total, 12 of them twice), Oni difficulty is HARD...

Will maybe get back to these and try again later though...

The Idolmaster Must Songs - 3 trophies, "clear a song with 600 combo", "clear a Ura Oni difficulty song" and "get 10000000 money". The first 2 I'm taking a break from since the easier songs for those, ESPECIALLY the 600 combo one, are in the Red version (I only have Blue - the two versions share a save file and trophy list and I'll probably get Red later) and the last one... isn't really hard as much as it's just grindy, so I'd rather do that with a bunch of new songs (i'm about halfways there with my current progress)

Also Yakuza 3 because of the "beat on Extra Hard" trophy... a difficulty that only unlocks after beating it on Hard and I beat it on Normal. I kinda don't feel like having to beat it twice again...

Edited by Zanreo

Just now, GRIM-REAPERx1984 said:

I cant plat darksiders 2 on ps3 because of the pay it forward trophy but I would have if I would of went for the trophy when I first got the game

Tell me about it, even when i dislike the game because i feel that the combos don't feel sync -god of war did it good-, I still can't believe that i didn't notice that this game had a trophy that required server access.

Marvel vs Capcom 3. I have 95% completion for the game which is Great. The last 2 trophies that I need are to complete all the missions. The thing is I don't have a fight stick and I suck at performing combos. So It will just remain as is. As long as my profile completion is in the 90% category I'm satisfied. 

• Like 2

Gran Turismo 5 - 19%: The servers are down -_-. One of the Platinums I respect the most and would've loved to plat it one day. I can't anymore, unless I could go back in time.

FIFA 14 - 97%: This is probably the worst. Only 1 trophy left, but I couldn't get it. EA stopped reloading the challenges which makes this last trophy unobtainable. There are still rumors that EA is reloading challenges and there's a working exploit on PS3. 

• Like 1

Life is Strange

I quit to the xmb when I took the last photo completely forgetting that there's a trophy for all optional photos taken in that episode....... and that has locked me out from getting the platinum. Whyyy does a trophy like that even exist.

GTA IV - Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy 

I'm sure there are many out there missing this trophy too. Notoriously time consuming not to mention ridiculously hard to keep track of with the leaderboards no longer working.I have been close a few  times but there was always some issue.Shame really that I'll probably never get around to it.:|:lol:

On 10/18/2016 at 10:14 AM, baypoo said:

Broken Age....the part where you have to catch creatures flawlessly and the speedrun (always 10 minutes too slow) denied me that platinum. . And if you fucked up the capture sequence, you had to do the whole sequence again and you couldn't quick save between each catch. Too frustrating and not at all fun. Shit controls

Sly 3....100% those minigames/trials was annoying, but I couldn't beat the last boss in challenge mode (you have a lot less health). I was just so tired of Sly at that point (that series did not age as well as I thought it would and I platinumed 1 and 2 in the span of a few days). Part 3 seemed to have way too many minigames. 

Tumblestone....The game is hard, but the fucked up thing is trying to beat 3 nightmare difficulty bots. You'll see by the rarity how nearly impossible that shit is. Maybe the creator didn't want anyone to platinum this. 

Regarding Sly 3 ,I actually did the same as you on on the ps3 version.The mini games just seemed too much and wasn't ready to put the effort in.Later on I actually bought the ps vita version and did the mini games with little effort besides the one you mentioned,but after a few solid attempts I got it.Don't regret giving up on it like me xD

Spoiler

Haha, I don't regret giving up on it. I now have 99 platinums (some I'm proud of) and I'm working on my last one...it will either be Stardew Valley or Horizon: Zero Dawn. Both of them are fun in their own ways. I'm pretty sure that only one of those can be done in less than 60 hours. :)

Edited by baypoo
  • Like 1