Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

29 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Series continuity. Same reason I'm not doing FEAR 3: I don't have FEAR 2. It just looks tacky to have latter installments and not lesser ones.

KZ3 is also stupidly easy to 100%. KZ2 is probably the trickiest of the three KZs and so it also looks like you bailed on the hardest one. 

These are just my opinions.

Actually I didn’t ‘bail’ on anything. Not that it’s any of your business but I have a 40 hour per week job and an actual life to consider instead of sitting on my arse every minute of every day. 

1 hour ago, NastyNeezer said:

Quit haunting this thread man. We get it, you don’t care about the platinum. ? you’re just spamming at this point.

Actually I was asking a genuine question. If you don’t have anything nice to say then why don’t you be quiet. 

6 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Actually I didn’t ‘bail’ on anything. Not that it’s any of your business but I have a 40 hour per week job and an actual life to consider instead of sitting on my arse every minute of every day. 

Actually I was asking a genuine question. If you don’t have anything nice to say then why don’t you be quiet. 

@turpinator1986I am sure that @NastyNeezer wasn't calling you "man" on purpose. But seriously everyone, let's tone it back and be nice. No need to have disputes in this thread. Its sole purpose was to help people earn VGC. If that is not what you're here trying to learn, then let's move on. :) 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

He wasn’t saying you as in yourself, he was saying in general.

• Like 3

@Potent_Delusions You made my day, that's extremely nice of you and coming from you this means a lot to me. ;) You were my inspiration when I was thinking how to tackle this new profile, I even mentioned you in my Trophy Checklist topic:P If I had to abandon KZ2, I would not be able to play any next KZ games, period - it's my OCD (I just 'have to' play games in order and can't miss any in between). :blush:  And considering that I've already bought KZ3 + KZ3 Multiplayer and invested in additional consoles mainly because of KZ2, I really don't want to give up! ? I am just worried that the trophy might not pop after all. ?

48 minutes ago, NastyNeezer said:

If that’s the case then I whole heartedly apologise for misinterpreting the post. Pretty much every time I ask a question on these forums it is met with snide and disrespectful comments so that’s just what I expect from now on. I began commenting on this thread to help others by sharing the information I learned in playing this game. If nobody is interested in hearing about the 100+ hours I’ve spent helping others at the expense of earning vgc myself then I’ll quite happily shut up and keep my information within the people who do value my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Pointless since fear 1 doesn't have trophies and fear files was never released on the ps3

Well by that concept, anyone who cares about series continuity shouldn't touch GTA then since loads of GTA games weren't released on PS3 thus don't have trophies, or any series that existed before PS3 for that matter; Ratchet and clank, Killzone, Kane and lynch etc.  

2 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Talk about taking a post literally. "You" is a general term, not specifically you. I'm not slagging you off for having a job, in fact I respect it. You need to calm down a bit, I did say it was just my opinion.

2 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

^This

1 hour ago, Platagonist said:

@Potent_Delusions You made my day, that's extremely nice of you and coming from you this means a lot to me. ;) You were my inspiration when I was thinking how to tackle this new profile, I even mentioned you in my Trophy Checklist topic:P If I had to abandon KZ2, I would not be able to play any next KZ games, period - it's my OCD (I just 'have to' play games in order and can't miss any in between). :blush:  And considering that I've already bought KZ3 + KZ3 Multiplayer and invested in additional consoles mainly because of KZ2, I really don't want to give up! 1f47a.png I am just worried that the trophy might not pop after all. 1f61f.png

Haha, thanks, I'm flattered. Glad I can be of inspiration.

I do advise you to do KZ2. Keep it unsynched...you don't have to synch anything on PS3 until the MP is done. Do it now because after March 29th....you will never be able to do it again, and I have a feeling you'll live to regret it seeming as you seem to want the plat so much now. It's also a big game series to lose out on. After reading your checklist page...you mention you want to get online games that will shut down; this is probably one of the most mainstream closures of recent years so don't lose out on it.

Edited by Potent_Delusions

3 hours ago, Platagonist said:

@Potent_Delusions You made my day, that's extremely nice of you and coming from you this means a lot to me. ;) You were my inspiration when I was thinking how to tackle this new profile, I even mentioned you in my Trophy Checklist topic:P If I had to abandon KZ2, I would not be able to play any next KZ games, period - it's my OCD (I just 'have to' play games in order and can't miss any in between). :blush:  And considering that I've already bought KZ3 + KZ3 Multiplayer and invested in additional consoles mainly because of KZ2, I really don't want to give up! ? I am just worried that the trophy might not pop after all. ?

I finally encountered someone who admitted to having OCD. I too have OCD, and reading some of the stuff you are writing reminds me completely of myself and how I view series. 

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Well by that concept, anyone who cares about series continuity shouldn't touch GTA then since loads of GTA games weren't released on PS3 thus don't have trophies, or any series that existed before PS3 for that matter; Ratchet and clank, Killzone, Kane and lynch etc.  

Talk about taking a post literally. "You" is a general term, not specifically you. I'm not slagging you off for having a job, in fact I respect it. You need to calm down a bit, I did say it was just my opinion.

^This

Haha, thanks, I'm flattered. Glad I can be of inspiration.

I do advise you to do KZ2. Keep it unsynched...you don't have to synch anything on PS3 until the MP is done. Do it now because after March 29th....you will never be able to do it again, and I have a feeling you'll live to regret it seeming as you seem to want the plat so much now. It's also a big game series to lose out on. After reading your checklist page...you mention you want to get online games that will shut down; this is probably one of the most mainstream closures of recent years so don't lose out on it.

As you can see I apologised for misreading your post. The least you could have done is acknowledge that instead of responding with yet more snide comments. Honestly I’m done trying to help out this community. I’ll keep my considerable knowledge and experience to myself in future. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

@Potent_Delusions This is actually an awesome idea which I did not even think of considering that I am still quite new to console gaming! ?

So when I start playing, I won't be syncing until I get the VGC trophy and if I for some reason fail, do I manage to save my PSN profile from it's downfall by deleting the PS3 user/reformatting the system? ?

Also, is not there some PS+ option that updates stats/uploads game data, saves etc. to PS Cloud automatically? I'd have to find and disable that too, I guess? :hmm:

10 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

I finally encountered someone who admitted to having OCD. I too have OCD, and reading some of the stuff you are writing reminds me completely of myself and how I view series. 

It's really nice seeing someone pretty similar to me in so many aspects. ;) I'll send you a PM in a bit. 

9 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

As you can see I apologised for misreading your post. The least you could have done is acknowledge that instead of responding with yet more snide comments. Honestly I’m done trying to help out this community. I’ll keep my considerable knowledge and experience to myself in future. 

Personally I do really appreciate that you are trying to help, but in this topic we are all very passionate about the :gold: Valor Grand Cross grind and determined to get the plat, so coming to our playground and telling is to not play is not likely going to do the trick. :)

The best way is to leave it, I did it several years ago and even on that time it was very outdated (though KZ3 was great, one of the best PS3 games, also liked Killzone on PS2 and got platinum on PS3).

But playing right now just to get these trophies is very sadistic. 

I bet Guerilla will bring whole trilogy on PS4 with (hopefully) removed online, like Uncharted Drake's Collection.

• Like 1

@Potent_Delusions This is actually an awesome idea which I did not even think of considering that I am still quite new to console gaming! 1f44d.png

So when I start playing, I won't be syncing until I get the VGC trophy and if I for some reason fail, do I manage to save my PSN profile from it's downfall by deleting the PS3 user/reformatting the system? 1f914.png

Set the trophy list to offline mode, load up the game whilst signed out of PSN, don't view the trophy list whilst signed into PSN. Some games will automatically synch your list whilst accessing the MP server though, but KZ2 is not one.

@Potent_Delusions This is actually an awesome idea which I did not even think of considering that I am still quite new to console gaming! ?

So when I start playing, I won't be syncing until I get the VGC trophy and if I for some reason fail, do I manage to save my PSN profile from it's downfall by deleting the PS3 user/reformatting the system? ?

Also, is not there some PS+ option that updates stats/uploads game data, saves etc. to PS Cloud automatically? I'd have to find and disable that too, I guess? :hmm:

It's really nice seeing someone pretty similar to me in so many aspects. ;) I'll send you a PM in a bit. 

Personally I do really appreciate that you are trying to help, but in this topic we are all very passionate about the :gold: Valor Grand Cross grind and determined to get the plat, so coming to our playground and telling is to not play is not likely going to do the trick. :)

I’m not telling anyone not to go for it, unless their personal circumstances mean they physically won’t have the time. Ifor instance, if you knew nothing about this trophy and you told me you were gonna spend 20 hours boosting this week, would you prefer that I told you not to because it wouldn’t be possible or would you prefer I simply said well done I hope you get it?  For me personally I would be grateful if someone had pointed out I was wasting 20 hours of my life. 

4 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

@Platagonistbe careful with the syncing thing, my ps3 was set to 'not sync' & 'showing offline trophy set' but still it managed to upload my earned trophies online, like 2 days before i got VGC, and with an 100% profile, I really had that 'oh no this cant be happening' feeling xD

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Set the trophy list to offline mode, load up the game whilst signed out of PSN, don't view the trophy list whilst signed into PSN. Some games will automatically synch your list whilst accessing the MP server though, but KZ2 is not one.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll keep that in mind! ?

56 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m not telling anyone not to go for it, unless their personal circumstances mean they physically won’t have the time. Ifor instance, if you knew nothing about this trophy and you told me you were gonna spend 20 hours boosting this week, would you prefer that I told you not to because it wouldn’t be possible or would you prefer I simply said well done I hope you get it?  For me personally I would be grateful if someone had pointed out I was wasting 20 hours of my life. 

Good point, of course reminding the clueless guys is the right thing to do. ? But I think that most of us who are frequenting this thread already know what we are getting into. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

This week is looking to be a battle to the death, I know 6 people who say they are over 100,000 now.

Prediction time: Is it going to be like this clear up until server closure or will things settle back down after a few weeks of hard core BS?

6 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Prediction time: Is it going to be like this clear up until server closure or will things settle back down after a few weeks of hard core BS?

Let's just say I've been asked by a few people who all say they'll be available for as long as it takes. I've been asked by more people for help than I could possibly help... There aren't that many opportunities left to get the trophy and there are a lot of Killzone fans out there, so I kind of think the scores will keep increasing each week. Aside from the people Potent_Delusions knows of who have over 100,000, someone I'm helping has like 83,000 now and there's another guy close to 90,000 and quite a few 65,000+ players and they all still have the weekend to work for a higher score. 

Wait, don’t we not want to go over 100k for risk of glitching the trophy out?

anyways, my boost is over. Gonna be making tons of alts and flooding the leaderboards now. 270c-1f3fb.png

I don't think getting more than 100,000 specifically glitches the trophy. I think the guy who got the score was just unlucky that week. I say that because @K0t0bl1tz got like 51,000 in a week where he qualified for the trophy but the trophy didn't unlock. It just takes extremely bad luck to not unlock the trophy considering both people who had it glitch recently were the only people in that week that had the issue. We'll see for sure this week because there will be plenty of people who break the 100,000 barrier. Also, it would take you using 100 more alt accounts just to allow 1 more person to get the trophy in a week, so hopefully more people have been switching up the alt account they were using in a week to give more people a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I don't think getting more than 100,000 specifically glitches the trophy. I think the guy who got the score was just unlucky that week. I say that because @K0t0bl1tz got like 51,000 in a week where he qualified for the trophy but the trophy didn't unlock. It just takes extremely bad luck to not unlock the trophy considering both people who had it glitch recently were the only people in that week that had the issue. We'll see for sure this week because there will be plenty of people who break the 100,000 barrier. Also, it would take you using 100 more alt accounts just to allow 1 more person to get the trophy in a week, so hopefully more people have been switching up the alt account they were using in a week to give more people a chance. 

What do do you wager the cutoff will be this week? You’ve been pretty accurate thus far.

Just now, NastyNeezer said:

What do do you wager the cutoff will be this week? You’ve been pretty accurate thus far.

It's hardly predictable but I would be guessing that it could be another 70,000 - 85,000 week. I don't think we'll be seeing a 100,000 minimum until the last weeks of the game being available. I'd say to be safe, everyone needs to surpass 80,000 this week. 

Wait, don’t we not want to go over 100k for risk of glitching the trophy out?

If this would be true and for example 6 out of 20 people among 1% don't get the trophy for this reason it would increase the pressure 100x for the remaining weeks ? then only the people closest to 99.999 points will get it :awesome:

Edited by Evil_Joker88

48 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

this thread was supposed to help everyone get VGC, now it's just toxic

I don't know what you think is toxic about the thread. I'm assuming it's people talking about how people need to have no life to get the trophy. Unfortunately because the server shutdown is announced, you really do need to take time off work and have more than 1 PS3 to get the trophy. People don't want to miss out on getting one of the most popular PlayStation games done. I wonder how things would be if you had to be in the top 1% for time to complete a mission within that week rather than being in the top 1% for multiplayer XP, at least it would take skill to do a mission quickly if there was a leaderboard for it. I've been asked frequently for help with the trophy and it's because of this thread, however I could only help 1 person at a time because that 1 person needs all the resources they can get. If I could, I'd try to help more people but I'm not gonna get extra copies of Killzone 2 just to help people. People are going to guess that an absurdly high score is going to be the cut off for top 1% because last week the top 1% cut off was close to 70,000. 

1 hour ago, Van-Helsings said:

this thread was supposed to help everyone get VGC, now it's just toxic

I think it's still helpful because

1) we're talking about how many points are needed to reach top 1%

and also

2) people are offering help to reach that amount of points

and

3) some give advice to use mutliple accounts to increase the amount of people reaching 1% of the weekly leaderboard

:)

• Like 1