Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

3 minutes ago, NastyNeezer said:

Two questions; 

firstly did the new week start yet?

Because I can’t see anything for current week on the leaderboards.

secondly, do all rank based trophies pop at the same time? (Implying you do get vgc) 

Yes it did it started at 7pm EST for me and all the valor will unlocked once VGC is achieved 

8 minutes ago, Infamousx201 said:

Yes it did it started at 7pm EST for me and all the valor will unlocked once VGC is achieved 

Thanks !

I just have no clue why it “current week” and “today”’s leaderboards are blank. Do they not update properly? Or only show when the week is over?

17 minutes ago, NastyNeezer said:

Thanks !

I just have no clue why it “current week” and “today”’s leaderboards are blank. Do they not update properly? Or only show when the week is over?

Those two don't work anymore, only the prior week/month works properly. If you want to see your current amount you can go to friend leaderboard and it will show your total at the bottom for the current week. 

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

People were mocking me last week for saying the minimum would be at least 60K. I hate to right, but the signs were there.

I think it's the fact that suggesting a score to people will make them see it and think "He said 60K, I need to make sure I get 70K because other people will aim for 60K", but it was obvious people were going to get higher scores if they wanted the trophy. I've heard that people have been blaming me for this, because my score was the first score that got over 70,000 in a week. Now I think in the weeks remaining maybe the score I got wouldn't even be enough to get top 1%. But people get scores like 70,000 now because a bunch of people are helping each other out all week, so you have to admire that a lot of people are really trying to give people a chance at getting the trophy. Someone I tried to help this week left trying to get a shit ton of score to the last minute and ended up with over 66,000 which wasn't enough, I thought he'd surely get it with over 60,000. Everyone's in an all or nothing attitude about the trophy, so don't try to guess what people will need for it as that creates more paranoia. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

Does anyone know or have a guess what the lowest score to get this trophy would have been in the past? I can't believe just how much it's going up each week. I feel like I'm supposed to invest now or something.

On another note, and maybe it's not possible for this game, but I can't help but think about what if the servers don't actually go down and all this panic was for nothing. It's happened with other games before but I don't think with these extreme levels of dedication.

Anyhow, a cut off of virtually 70k is very harsh, I must admit. The whole situation was extremely overhyped a few weeks ago with the cutoff being a pathetic 20000-30000, however now it really is survival of the fittest. 110k is a very good score and to have it glitch on you at such a score is a punch in the face. I have a feeling that in the final weeks, we can expect to see this week's 110k #1 as the cut off point.

@mekktor, the cut off used to be pathetic, sometimes as low as 10,000. When I did it in February 2016 it was around that level. You'd better get started very soon if you wish to plat this. 70k is a very elite cut off, I could see the cut off becoming 100k easily for the final 2 weeks or so, at which point you'd have to grind 16+ hours a day every day of the week.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Does anyone know or have a guess what the lowest score to get this trophy would have been in the past? I can't believe just how much it's going up each week. I feel like I'm supposed to invest now or something.

On another note, and maybe it's not possible for this game, but I can't help but think about what if the servers don't actually go down and all this panic was for nothing. It's happened with other games before but I don't think with these extreme levels of dedication.

I got it with 6000.  I only played for 2hrs each day of the week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

@mekktor, the cut off used to be pathetic, sometimes as low as 10,000. When I did it in February 2016 it was around that level. You'd better get started very soon if you wish to plat this. 70k is a very elite cut off, I could see the cut off becoming 100k easily for the final 2 weeks or so, at which point you'd have to grind 16+ hours a day every day of the week.

Yeah I think I'll leave this one for those more dedicated than myself. If the amount of boosting required isn't bad enough, the possibility that you still might not get it... That's too much for me.

How about the other rank trophies? Does anyone know if those scores inflated at all, or is there a big drop off outside that top 1%?

3 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Yeah I think I'll leave this one for those more dedicated than myself. If the amount of boosting required isn't bad enough, the possibility that you still might not get it... That's too much for me.

How about the other rank trophies? Does anyone know if those scores inflated at all, or is there a big drop off outside that top 1%?

It all depends on how many people play that week, and what their scores are. 

13 minutes ago, mekktor said:

You probably could still get like 5000-10,000 and get every other Valor trophy on the game, but I would say it's go big or go home. Nobody is happy that they could get the silver Valor trophy while they're still unable to get Valor Grand Cross. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sergen said:

You probably could still get like 5000-10,000 and get every other Valor trophy on the game, but I would say it's go big or go home. Nobody is happy that they could get the silver Valor trophy while they're still unable to get Valor Grand Cross. 

There is a big difference between (I'm guessing) an hour or two a day, and 16 hours a day. And the way I see it, if I'm not going to get the big one, why not at least get some of the others?

32 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Holy crap guys, are you done flinging crap at each other yet? I'm about to be done with having to delete all of these petty posts :facepalm: 

Flinging crap you say? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can you delete the Mein Leben circle jerk threads too?

Also the Monster Hunter World crown threads might become crap too...

: )

Edited by Trophy Huntress

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Seeing as you're a completionist these kinds of things put a lot of pressure on people who want to earn the platinum. The fact that people are able to get Valor Grand Cross at all astounds me.

Trophy hunters are a minority amongst Playstation gamers and completionists make up an even smaller minority. Someone with a very high completion rate and with the Killzone 2 platinum should be proud of themselves. Because not everybody can do it.

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

There is a big difference between (I'm guessing) an hour or two a day, and 16 hours a day. And the way I see it, if I'm not going to get the big one, why not at least get some of the others?

I would consider it not worth grinding the game unless you wanted to get as many trophies as you can on an incomplete game on your list. Since I see it's not on your trophy list, save yourself from the unobtainable trophy list by simply not doing it, I'd say if you were to go and beat the Elite campaign, you'd also want to have a platinum to be happy with. 

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I would consider it not worth grinding the game unless you wanted to get as many trophies as you can on an incomplete game on your list. Since I see it's not on your trophy list, save yourself from the unobtainable trophy list by simply not doing it, I'd say if you were to go and beat the Elite campaign, you'd also want to have a platinum to be happy with. 

No doubt it will be disappointing missing just one trophy (and the platinum), especially when doing the same amount of boosting months ago would have been enough. But I've ended up with a few unobtainable plats on my profile already so I decided it's not a big deal. And if I'm ever going to play the game, then getting 50 trophies is better than 41, right?

I think the only thing that would bug me is if it gets a re-release with obtainable platinum after I play it on PS3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Damn, that sucks, welcome to the club. Didn't get mine last week. Will have another go in a week. I wonder how far boosters will go...

If you ever need to lend 2-3 PS3s that turbo the lobby for you, let me know before you begin your week and I'll join you. It's unfortunate you never got the trophy but hopefully when you have time again you will be able to get the trophy. I'm normally quite patient about things like failing a mission on a game or something, but I think I'd be very angry if I failed to get the trophy while meeting the requirements simply because the game didn't bother to unlock the trophy for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mekktor said:

I am at rank 38 with 10k points. That's within 2% range... i boosted 17 hours on one day and saw no chance to get within 1% so i dismissed it...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sergen said:

If you ever need to lend 2-3 PS3s that turbo the lobby for you

Thanks, much appreciated, but I already have a team. Well, I'll just keep doing my best. Maybe the game decided not to let me go that easily, so I'll keep helping my team at least.Then we'll see if the game lets me win next time:comp: