Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

Yeah, not worth the hassle of this game. I have tons of incomplete games in my profile and I don't really care for unobs. I could no life this game during the current week right now, scoring 100k or so (don't know if 100k will suffice), but I don't see the point of wasting 7 of my 20 free days on it lol. The top 3% is way easier to obtain, 82 out of 84 possible trophies is fair enough for me haha

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Trophy hunters are a minority amongst Playstation gamers and completionists make up an even smaller minority. Someone with a very high completion rate and with the Killzone 2 platinum should be proud of themselves. Because not everybody can do it.

Sorry to say this, but about a Killzone 2 plat whilst your were boosting it for 10hrs a day doesn't require skill nor does it in my eyes say "damn, good job" or equivalent. And tbh if people couldn't boost this in private, many wouldn't have bothered with it simply because they wouldn't had the skills of people who were playing it for years. If it wasn't possible to do it in private matches, then you could say that they should be proud of themselves as by playing it on public servers it would be deserved as it shows you who are the top players. Trophy hunters aren't synonymous with good players, in fact most of them aren't that good and in every game there is a player who is simply better then you if not thousands of players which basically is every MP game out there. If you would check every MP shooter out there, tell me how many trophyhunters you're going to find at the very top leaderboards/topscores whilst playing normal? I can relate to boosting a few trophies that doesn't require hours of playing if they are either luck based or simply silly like killing with a nade, handgun and a rifle in one life and that order. Well still technically possible by playing normal. But what would upset me is boosting players ruining a public match simple because they don't have the skills to play or just plainly bad.

True not everybody will do it, not just because they can't do it. Simply because most people just don't want to waste so many hours for a trophy/platinum. Most people do have to work or don't have the luxury to stay at home all day long or have other things to do. It's just a fact. I think people are just a bit too obsessed with getting the sort of trophies they want, I'm guessing addictive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joskeabzu said:

Sorry to say this, but about a Killzone 2 plat whilst your were boosting it for 10hrs a day doesn't require skill nor does it in my eyes say "damn, good job" or equivalent. And tbh if people couldn't boost this in private, many wouldn't have bothered with it simply because they wouldn't had the skills of people who were playing it for years. If it wasn't possible to do it in private matches, then you could say that they should be proud of themselves as by playing it on public servers it would be deserved as it shows you who are the top players. Trophy hunters aren't synonymous with good players, in fact most of them aren't that good and in every game there is a player who is simply better then you if not thousands of players which basically is every MP game out there. If you would check every MP shooter out there, tell me how many trophyhunters you're going to find at the very top leaderboards/topscores whilst playing normal? I can relate to boosting a few trophies that doesn't require hours of playing if they are either luck based or simply silly like killing with a nade, handgun and a rifle in one life and that order. Well still technically possible by playing normal. But what would upset me is boosting players ruining a public match simple because they don't have the skills to play or just plainly bad.

True not everybody will do it, not just because they can't do it. Simply because most people just don't want to waste so many hours for a trophy/platinum. Most people do have to work or don't have the luxury to stay at home all day long or have other things to do. It's just a fact. I think people are just a bit too obsessed with getting the sort of trophies they want, I'm guessing addictive.

I always mention that trophies don't define gaming skill. It does kind of annoy me if people do only look at the trophy aspect of what I've done, because I've spent countless hours practising Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 and what I've done on this games shits all over anything I ever did for trophies. No trophy has ever made me consider quitting because it was "too hard" and I've done quite a few platinums that people love to ass lick severely. In-fact, I've frequently gone against popular opinion for difficulty of games that people rate on forums, such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Injustice: Gods Among Us, both games contain cheap moves and exploits that allow trophy hunters to get through the game easier but you never see many people rate those games below 8/10 although people have known about cheap shit on both games for years. What I always say to people is, when you see someone who is a pro at a game, such as Street Fighter V, if you see their PSN account then you'll see that they hardly have any trophies for the game that they're best at and they've won countless tournaments for those games and earned sponsorships and thousands of dollars, they don't consider trophies as a worthy investment of their time. As far as I'm concerned, if someone only looks into trophies and says that a person is an incredible gamer because of them then they've not explored gaming very much. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joskeabzu said:

I probably wouldn’t go for Killzone 2 anyway as I’m terrible at online shooters. This game does require some skill. I’ve seen the last level on Elite difficulty and it looks pretty hectic. 

Trophy hunters who spam easy platinums I don’t consider them to be skilled. Some people who have a slew of hard platinums in games that require a great deal of skill, I would put at a tier higher. 

The people you see on Games Done Quick are incredibly skilled at the games they play. Some speed runners have earned thousands of dollars, but chances are they’ve only played a select few games and they’re not in the least interested in trophies. 

Well that’s true with anything. Some people don’t have as much time therefore they don’t have as many trophies. It’s a fact of life.

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

I always mention that trophies don't define gaming skill. It does kind of annoy me if people do only look at the trophy aspect of what I've done, because I've spent countless hours practising Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 and what I've done on this games shits all over anything I ever did for trophies. No trophy has ever made me consider quitting because it was "too hard" and I've done quite a few platinums that people love to ass lick severely. In-fact, I've frequently gone against popular opinion for difficulty of games that people rate on forums, such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Injustice: Gods Among Us, both games contain cheap moves and exploits that allow trophy hunters to get through the game easier but you never see many people rate those games below 8/10 although people have known about cheap shit on both games for years. What I always say to people is, when you see someone who is a pro at a game, such as Street Fighter V, if you see their PSN account then you'll see that they hardly have any trophies for the game that they're best at and they've won countless tournaments for those games and earned sponsorships and thousands of dollars, they don't consider trophies as a worthy investment of their time. As far as I'm concerned, if someone only looks into trophies and says that a person is an incredible gamer because of them then they've not explored gaming very much. 

Completely agree with this. Actually the more platinums a person has the less video gaming skill they probably have. People who group up accounts and play visual novels all day long in a language they don’t even understand have zero gaming ability. I’d take my account over an account of 200 joke plats like that any day. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Completely agree with this. Actually the more platinums a person has the less video gaming skill they probably have. People who group up accounts and play visual novels all day long in a language they don’t even understand have zero gaming ability. I’d take my account over an account of 200 joke plats like that any day. 

382728030386126848.png?v=1

Generalizing there a little bit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I probably wouldn’t go for Killzone 2 anyway as I’m terrible at online shooters. This game does require some skill. I’ve seen the last level on Elite difficulty and it looks pretty hectic. 

Trophy hunters who spam easy platinums I don’t consider them to be skilled. Some people who have a slew of hard platinums in games that require a great deal of skill, I would put at a tier higher. 

The people you see on Games Done Quick are incredibly skilled at the games they play. Some speed runners have earned thousands of dollars, but chances are they’ve only played a select few games and they’re not in the least interested in trophies. 

Well that’s true with anything. Some people don’t have as much time therefore they don’t have as many trophies. It’s a fact of life.

Trust me, it's a very overrated platinum. Your accomplishments on Super Meat Boy already well surpass the skill level needed to platinum Killzone 2. I know they are 2 utterly different games but you'd be able to adapt I'm sure. The only determinant in getting the KZ2 platinum now is your ability to:  have a week off work/boost the living hell out of the time you aren't at work/ garner idlers and helpers to get you more points per match. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Trust me, it's a very overrated platinum. Your accomplishments on Super Meat Boy already well surpass the skill level needed to platinum Killzone 2. I know they are 2 utterly different games but you'd be able to adapt I'm sure. The only determinant in getting the KZ2 platinum now is your ability to:  have a week off work/boost the living hell out of the time you aren't at work/ garner idlers and helpers to get you more points per match. 

Looking at your account alone I say you’re more than capable of platting Super Meat Boy.

I never thought I would see an account with a lower trophy percentage than Danny_Johanson.

It may not require "gaming skill", but it does take a certain kind of mental fortitude to spend say 60 hours of your 168 hour week doing the same boring thing over and over again. in that regard it's still a somewhat respectable feat.

That said, I can't imagine many people go for the KZ2 platinum in order to display their gaming prowess. I'm fairly certain there are other motivations driving many people who hunt trophies. With this particular game I'd say it's the charm of the limited availability introduced by the server shutdowns. For me it was simply the fact that I liked the game and wanted to 100% it after 9 years of playing it first time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

It may not require "gaming skill", but it does take a certain kind of mental fortitude to spend say 60 hours of your 168 hour week doing the same boring thing over and over again. in that regard it's still a somewhat respectable feat.

That said, I can't imagine many people go for the KZ2 platinum in order to display their gaming prowess. I'm fairly certain there are other motivations driving many people who hunt trophies. With this particular game I'd say it's the charm of the limited availability introduced by the server shutdowns. For me it was simply the fact that I liked the game and wanted to 100% it after 9 years of playing it first time.

I consider my self a pretty well-rounded gamer. I started off in 2009 competing with my friends casually for who had the highest trophy level. As I grew older I cut back on the competition more and just played for the fun. That competitive side still stays there in the back of my mind, so when I saw that this Plat was going to be unobtainable soon, I had to jump back in. I really love Killzone and played it a lot years ago. I thought this would be a nice one to have on my Platinum list so I decided to go for it. Sure, I have some BS platinums on my list but for the most part I try to only get it for games I really like. Just like in the old days where you could 100% just for the fun of completing everything. Now we get a meaningless Platinum trophy, but you know what? It still feels good. Gaming for me is the relaxation of playing a game I love (GTA Vice City, Fallout 3); the challenge and reward of overcoming hard challenges (Bloodborne, TLOU Survivor) and sometimes the monotonous grind that nets you a little bit of Platinum joy just for the sake of doing it (Killzone 2, Tomb Raider MP). Just depends on my mood. But ultimately, to each their own. I am relatively lucky that I got VGC with only 29K points. Sure I could talk crap about the dude with no job that got 111K points, but for what? Congrats to that person. They put in the effort and they deserve the bragging rights. If someone wants to say "trophies are pointless and you're a loser" who cares? We play games for our own satisfaction, in whatever form that comes, and if a few people along the way want to say, "hey, nice platinum", or hey, good work on that 100%" then all the better for us.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Looking at your account alone I say you’re more than capable of platting Super Meat Boy.

I never thought I would see an account with a lower trophy percentage than Danny_Johanson.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Maybe the lower half of my list may suggest that but maybe not the upper half since I developed an obsession with doing games that may shut down, haha.

I have bought SMB and I was definitely considering chipping away at it slowly and making it my 100th platinum. It would be a nice plat to have for sure.

32 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Indeed, that's quite true. Making time for it and having a good mental attitude are the biggest obstacles now. The fact that it is shutting down entices a lot of people.

You guys talking about spending a week? That's nothing compared to BFBC 10,000 kills trophy, we boosted for months on a single trophy... I think it's a damn bronze too. Lol, there's some extreme grinds for trophies, but KZ2 is piss easy with private servers, zero randoms, zero bans, zero anti-boosting measures (quantum theory).

I would take KZ2 any day before these other games which kinda annoys me when people give up on something doable. Nothing is more collaborative among trophy hunters than a server shutting down. All of a sudden people wanna help. :P Wish it were always like that, the few that do go out of their way to help others are on my friend list and Discord.

Best of luck to future achievers.

Edited by DARKB1KE

9 hours ago, Gage said:

382728030386126848.png?v=1

Generalizing there a little bit. 

I didn’t say ALL people with 200 plats do that. I said the ones that do are worthless and pointless accounts. 

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

You guys talking about spending a week? That's nothing compared to BFBC 10,000 kills trophy, we boosted for months on a single trophy... I think it's a damn bronze too. Lol, there's some extreme grinds for trophies, but KZ2 is piss easy with private servers, zero randoms, zero bans, zero anti-boosting measures (quantum theory).

I would take KZ2 any day before these other games which kinda annoys me when people give up on something doable. Nothing is more collaborative among trophy hunters than a server shutting down. All of a sudden people wanna help. :P Wish it were always like that, the few that do go out of their way to help others are on my friend list and Discord.

I think the difference is that games like bad company and far cry 2 (9000 kills ish) you can do any time at your own leisure. This HAS to be done within one week, meaning only people who have no job or commitments of any kind for at least a week can get it. There’s no skill involved in that. Just the chance that you’re lucky enough to be able to stay home for an entire week. Ordinarily I’d agree with your point of trophy hunters coming together too. On any other game I’d agree. But I’m trying to boost this game I have come across people behaving like genuine scum. People hijacking games and filling it with their friends to prevent others joining. People verbally abusing people just because they don’t want to leave their ps3 idling overnight. I’ll take a pass on collaborating with those individuals. 

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

I think the difference between other grinds and Killzone 2 in its current state is that with other grinds, you can split the time up and you don't have to do it all in one week. A lot of people don't have the time to do Killzone 2 because they have a job, but if the trophy was just for becoming Commander in Chief (100,000 XP in your overall multiplayer career) then a lot of people would get it in time. The scores are likely going to become 90,000 just to get into the top 1% and a score like that would require 10+ hours of grinding solely for XP everyday. I can't say I blame people who don't want to grind the trophy now, because the trophy puts a lot of pressure on people because the server closure got announced. There are around 140 more people who can get the trophy now and probably over a thousand people who want it. At least the fastest achiever of the 100% can be happy as nobody can start grinding Valor Grand Cross late and hope to get the trophy, a guy I was helping was working and slacking for the 5 day week and failed to get the trophy last week after getting around 40,000 over the weekend. 

Initially I said I was only going to help people by using 1 PS3 in their lobby, however I've now been turboing 3 PS3s for people because they need that to stand a chance, the scores are even becoming bad for people who only have 2 PS3s with 1 alt helping them. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 11:04 AM, EdinhoN said:

Yeah, not worth the hassle of this game. I have tons of incomplete games in my profile and I don't really care for unobs. I could no life this game during the current week right now, scoring 100k or so (don't know if 100k will suffice), but I don't see the point of wasting 7 of my 20 free days on it lol. The top 3% is way easier to obtain, 82 out of 84 possible trophies is fair enough for me haha

Why am I helping you this week to get it so?  *-*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Compare Bf Bad Company to KZ 2

I think it is a totally different story. I needed 4 months for the Beans Bullets Bandages but i could get it on my pace (slow i know). But with KZ 2 in its current state you have to invest a very long time within a week to get this trophy. Much more pressure on all people.

And btw 10002 is a silver in Bad Company :) Should be golden but it's still better than I AM BAD COMPANY (you remember that don't you ^^)

• Like 2

Hey guys, first of all I'd like to immensely thank @Sergen for continuously helping people in this topic, offering to turbo his PS3s as well as storing all the Weekly Leaderboard stats. I have to say that this is extremely nice of you and it won't be forgotten. ?

I am probably really crazy, but due to my OCD I really 'need' to go for this game, because in order to be able to play KZ3, KZ: Mercenary and the others, I need to finish KZ2 first. ? I am planning to start from February, 18th, when I will have bought my 4th PS3. ? I have all the premises to get the trophy (I am currently unemployed), however I would not want to go for it if I had to spend more than 10 hours/day which means getting more than 90k score (however I might push myself to go higher depending on my progress). Do you guys think it's realistic with this schedule? I was told that I need up to 16 hours/day, but that would be with just two PS3s, right? :hmm:

So in order to slightly limit my no-lifing (and allow myself to get some food + sleep at the very least), I am thinking of activating two more PS4s (via PSNow), which would give me 5 alts instead of 'only' 3. Is this possible or can I only bring 3 of them? ?@IDiivil tagging you as promised :blush:

Also, I am really sorry for you guys (@K0t0bl1tz and @Nrlttrll) that the 'trophy-not-unlocking' glitch had to happen to you. ☹️ I have to admit that this is my biggest fear and if it bugged on me, I think I would not be able to find enough motivation to keep going. ? I might do another week from February 25th in case I fail, but I really doubt it - I'd like to get back into the normal life asap, so this is a huge gamble! ?

I do agree with @Spaz, @Afro_Gear, @turpinator1986 and the others - at this point I could just spam my brand new profile with fast/piss-easy games and let the plats rain, but I won't do that. Why? Because I'd rather have a short(er) list like @Potent_Delusions which I could be proud of. Of course, from time to time I'll be playing some easy games too (mainly games that I'll really want to play), but I am pretty sure that my average rarity won't go above 40%. However I respect everyone who plays differently, we are all gamers - and if we don't have fun while gaming, then it's not worth gaming at all - but once you start bragging about your My Name is Mayos and start to judge the way I game, then my fury won't miss you. ? I am getting way too off-topic at this point, but to agree with @Sergen - I used to play FPS games on Steam competitively and back then me nor anybody else cared about achievements. So indeed, number of trophies does not really equal your skill level. ;)

I wish everyone a great day! :wave:

P.S.: Anyone wants to give me a tl;dr of the deleted posts? I love me some juicy drama! :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Platagonist said:

Hey guys, first of all I'd like to immensely thank @Sergen for continuously helping people in this topic, offering to turbo his PS3s as well as storing all the Weekly Leaderboard stats. I have to say that this is extremely nice of you and it won't be forgotten. 1f609.png

I am probably really crazy, but due to my OCD I really 'need' to go for this game, because in order to be able to play KZ3, KZ: Mercenary and the others, I need to finish KZ2 first. 1f61d.png I am planning to start from February, 18th, when I will have bought my 4th PS3. 1f4b8.png I have all the premises to get the trophy (I am currently unemployed), however I would not want to go for it if I had to spend more than 10 hours/day which means getting more than 90k score (however I might push myself to go higher depending on my progress). Do you guys think it's realistic with this schedule? I was told that I need up to 16 hours/day, but that would be with just two PS3s, right? :hmm:

So in order to slightly limit my no-lifing (and allow myself to get some food + sleep at the very least), I am thinking of activating two more PS4s (via PSNow), which would give me 5 alts instead of 'only' 3. Is this possible or can I only bring 3 of them? 1f914.png@IDiivil tagging you as promised :blush:

Also, I am really sorry for you guys (@K0t0bl1tz and @Nrlttrll) that the 'trophy-not-unlocking' glitch had to happen to you. 2639.png I have to admit that this is my biggest fear and if it bugged on me, I think I would not be able to find enough motivation to keep going. 1f640.png I might do another week from February 25th in case I fail, but I really doubt it - I'd like to get back into the normal life asap, so this is a huge gamble! 1f3b2.png

I do agree with @Spaz, @Afro_Gear, @turpinator1986 and the others - at this point I could just spam my brand new profile with fast/piss-easy games and let the plats rain, but I won't do that. Why? Because I'd rather have a short(er) list like @Potent_Delusions which I could be proud of. Of course, from time to time I'll be playing some easy games too (mainly games that I'll really want to play), but I am pretty sure that my average rarity won't go above 40%. However I respect everyone who plays differently, we are all gamers - and if we don't have fun while gaming, then it's not worth gaming at all - but once you start bragging about your My Name is Mayos and start to judge the way I game, then my fury won't miss you. 1f61c.png I am getting way too off-topic at this point, but to agree with @Sergen - I used to play FPS games on Steam competitively and back then me nor anybody else cared about achievements. So indeed, number of trophies does not really equal your skill level. ;)

I wish everyone a great day! :wave:

P.S.: Anyone wants to give me a tl;dr of the deleted posts? I love me some juicy drama! :P

I think you hit it on the head with the bit about needing KZ2 plat if you are to plat KZ3 and KZ:SF. It would look incredibly tacky to have those plats without this one, and I would advise you do it.

I'd be happy to idle a PS3 for you the week commencing Monday 12th March if by some freak accident you still weren't done by then. I have bad internet where I am right now, even having on 1 Ps4 and a laptop will cause the internet to play up, but that week I stated i'll be back home with good internet. 

10hrs a day with a load of alts would be ample, maybe push it up to 12hrs in the final 2 days, but you should be fine if you have 7-8 alts to kill, you'd be almost guaranteed a spot in the 1%.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I think you hit it on the head with the bit about needing KZ2 plat if you are to plat KZ3 and KZ:SF. It would look incredibly tacky to have those plats without this one, and I would advise you do it.

I'd be happy to idle a PS3 for you the week commencing Monday 12th March if by some freak accident you still weren't done by then. I have bad internet where I am right now, even having on 1 Ps4 and a laptop will cause the internet to play up, but that week I stated i'll be back home with good internet. 

10hrs a day with a load of alts would be ample, maybe push it up to 12hrs in the final 2 days, but you should be fine if you have 7-8 alts to kill, you'd be almost guaranteed a spot in the 1%.

I’m sorry, what? Can you please explain how it would be ‘tacky’ to have other killzone plats and not this one? I’m a little confused and would appreciate you clarifying this statement please. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m sorry, what? Can you please explain how it would be ‘tacky’ to have other killzone plats and not this one? I’m a little confused and would appreciate you clarifying this statement please. 

Quit haunting this thread man. We get it, you don’t care about the platinum. ? you’re just spamming at this point.

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

Series continuity. Same reason I'm not doing FEAR 3: I don't have FEAR 2. It just looks tacky to have latter installments and not lesser ones.

KZ3 is also stupidly easy to 100%. KZ2 is probably the trickiest of the three KZs and so it also looks like you bailed on the hardest one. 

These are just my opinions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Series continuity. Same reason I'm not doing FEAR 3: I don't have FEAR 2. It just looks tacky to have latter installments and not lesser ones.

KZ3 is also stupidly easy to 100%. KZ2 is probably the trickiest of the three KZs and so it also looks like you bailed on the hardest one. 

These are just my opinions.

Pointless since fear 1 doesn't have trophies and fear files was never released on the ps3

• Like 2