Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

UPDATE: I gave rep to all of you who tried to help me, I thank everyone once again. :)

However, I decided to give up after all. :(

Even if I wanted to go for it, I would most likely get the Hori Pads in March, because the German depo would be ordering them from Hong Kong and they did not want to ship to the Czech Republic anyways. ? It seems like hell to get a deal on eBay going - considering that I have no rep there - most people just ignore my messages or don't want to ship the goods. ? And I could not find any other store which would be shipping them outside of Asia - so I really would not risk it after February anyways. ?

But I am still pretty sure that all your messages were helpful to any potential crazy guys who would like to try this. ? I am quite sad that I had to give up, considering that I was really determined to go for this, but in the end it was the right move - looking back at it now, this decision probably saved my profile from doom. ?

I really should have bought my consoles earlier, so that I could go for it a few weeks ago - but I am still hopeful that a remaster will be made one day and I'll have a full Killzone collection on my profile just like I was planning to. ?

I wish everyone a nice day and lots of luck to all of you who did not give up and are still working on this - I have a huge respect for your dedication! ? 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, Balnazzardi said:

Lets just all be glad that these kind of leaderboard trophies are quite rare and dont really exist anymore in any of the newer games (indeed the only others I know of are Lost Planet 2 and orignal Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighrer on Xbox 360)

Agreed with you on that! Kane and Lynch also has a couple top the leaderboards ach's, but the game didn't have trophies...so it only effects 360 and GFWL. 

38 minutes ago, Sergen said:

As a result of this thread, plenty of people were asking me for help with Valor Grand Cross and I have managed to spend around 200+ hours in the past 3 weeks turboing the game for people. 2/3 people I have helped have great scores, the person who got my help last week got 127,000 and got the trophy and now the person I've been helping this week has over 160,000 so the trophy would inevitably happen. However, due to the amount of heat the PS3 consoles emit in my room and the annoyance of setting up so many turbo controllers, I have decided I withdraw my offer of helping people earn Valor Grand Cross. Currently I would basically need to keep the PS3s turned on for around 16 hours a day to help anyone with it and it isn't worth it. Leaving PS3s switched on for such a long period is a risk to the console and I don't want a PS3 to break over someone else's trophy. Already one of my PS3s has had severe issues due to the heat it was emitting, it ended up being stuck at an eternal loading screen until I kept it switched off from the power source for over 2 days. I do urge people who have not started Killzone 2 yet to really refrain from starting it because it is completely not worth it.

@Platagonist, you don't need any turbo controllers if you only intend to help yourself grind the game, you only need to be able to press X a few times to respawn yourself, my own grind for the trophy was done without setting turbo to any of my alt accounts, turbo is only recommended if you decide you want to help people with the game. If anyone is interested to know, I now believe that getting melee kills is faster than headshots, I have helped someone who got headshots and someone who has spent the whole week meleeing and the person who was doing the melee got the most points in the round. I still find it kind of crazy that people have spent a whole week helping people without having any turbo controller, I know for sure I wouldn't be helping anyone without having turbo controllers, it would be too annoying to be active for as many hours as the trophy requires. 

While I'm not going for the trophy, I'd like to thank you for the selflessness you put forward over the past few weeks. The wear and tear on your PS3 was obviously a lot....and it's really cool that you helped people the way you did while you were able. True selflessness :)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Platagonist said:

UPDATE: I gave rep to all of you who tried to help me, I thank everyone once again. :)

However, I decided to give up after all. :(

Even if I wanted to go for it, I would most likely get the Hori Pads in March, because the German depo would be ordering them from Hong Kong and they did not want to ship to the Czech Republic anyways. 1f612.png It seems like hell to get a deal on eBay going - considering that I have no rep there - most people just ignore my messages or don't want to ship the goods. 1f63e.png And I could not find any other store which would be shipping them outside of Asia - so I really would not risk it after February anyways. 1f615.png

But I am still pretty sure that all your messages were helpful to any potential crazy guys who would like to try this. 1f61c.png I am quite sad that I had to give up, considering that I was really determined to go for this, but in the end it was the right move - looking back at it now, this decision probably saved my profile from doom. 1f60c.png

I really should have bought my consoles earlier, so that I could go for it a few weeks ago - but I am still hopeful that a remaster will be made one day and I'll have a full Killzone collection on my profile just like I was planning to. 1f608.png

I wish everyone a nice day and lots of luck to all of you who did not give up and are still working on this - I have a huge respect for your dedication! 1f44d.png 

for anyone else in Czech Republic who wants to go for this trophy, the Dutch site for Amazon at amazon.de apparently has the turbo controllers to ship in Europe btw. 

• Like 1

@Sergen I think I already said it, but it's extremely nice of you doing this and I have huge respect for you (for the help you've provided to people in NGS games as well). ?Nobody can blame you for withdrawing your offer, you've already done more than most people ever will. ;)

I did not want to order turbo controllers at first, but considering that my living room is basically 1 huge table with 5 monitors and the other monitors are on shelves, I'd have to run around that table every few secs to press :cross: on all my controllers (plus on PC with PSNow included) - while that would be a nice exercise, I doubt I'd reach +100k points with this method, maybe 70 - 90k but above I really would not want to risk it. 

That's why I decided to order the controllers, but sadly I failed by thinking of this method way too late. -_-

Thanks for the heads up @oOMementoMoriOo, I'll definitely check it out when I'll be self-boosting Test Drive Unlimited 2 in April. :)

I am really curious what the cut off for this week will be like and I wish you all a great night! ? I might however stay online until the leaderboards update. :P 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sergen said:

If anyone is interested to know, I now believe that getting melee kills is faster than headshots, I have helped someone who got headshots and someone who has spent the whole week meleeing and the person who was doing the melee got the most points in the round.

I imagine it is, but it's only viable if you're killing turboed alts. When I did the grind, I had to use my left hand to keep respawning my two alts, so I only had my right hand on the controller. Basically what that meant I could only aim and shoot, not move, so meleeing was out of the question. I did consider using my toes to keep respawning the alts but it didn't really feel good.

Hotdamn in the morning! Finally got the dag gummit trophy! Words can't describe how I feel right now, that shinny platinum is mine! All those feelings of anxiety attacks are no more! I was miserable as hell because of it. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee
Belated typo fix
  • Like 4

Wow, I have to admit that I did not really expect such a low cut-off point, maybe it's really worth going after after all! Decisions... but at least I do now have time to think until February 25th in case turbo controllers would not be needed. ?

I'd like to congratulate everyone who made it! :) Shout outs go to @midgetstrawdog and @Evil_Joker88, also to @K0t0bl1tz & @MSIA_pokwee for being persistent enough to having tried this a second time, but mainly to @JohzyDeMartin - I am really happy to see you among the trophy earners and I apologize in public for not being able to help you! :blush:

Edited by Platagonist
A few typos corrected

2 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@Platagonist you might not want to give up just yet. Top 20 earned VGC with the lowest score of 18,870.

Although a lot of other people are going to be thinking that this next week as well. The score required might stay low, or it might go even higher.

It's impossible to guess at this point.

I also had feeling that at some point The minimum required score would come Crashing down.... however for this week IT might go up again...either way seems like most of " hardcore" boosters are finally done, but keep in mind that top 14 players still had 97k or More with number 1 doing incredibly 210k....

So If you want to Be on safe side..

1 minute ago, Balnazzardi said:

I also had feeling that at some point The minimum required score would come Crashing down.... however for this week IT might go up again...either way seems like most of " hardcore" boosters are finally done, but keep in mind that top 14 players still had 97k or More with number 1 doing incredibly 210k....

So If you want to Be on safe side..

Yea but hopefully the top 20 leave and it gives a fresh 20 a chance.

• Like 3

What you have to remember is that when someone is done with the trophy after getting their high score, they are no-longer a threat since I highly doubt anyone is going to replicate their score again once they have the trophy, unless they really want to piss people off by knocking 1 person out of the top 1%. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

What you have to remember is that when someone is done with the trophy after getting their high score, they are no-longer a threat since I highly doubt anyone is going to replicate their score again once they have the trophy, unless they really want to piss people off by knocking 1 person out of the top 1%. 

I've been watching the drama every week - it's like the best soap opera. I'm not shocked that the scores have dropped. If you look at the top 60, going back to Jan, the pack was very close. As the top scores started to sky rocket, the drop off become very large. In the last week I played this, mostly to clean up misc trophies, I got around 5k points, and just missed the silver ribbon for top 3%.

I suspect that through much of Jan, it was the same people competing against one another for a lot of those weeks. As 20+ get it each week and drop out, we may be reaching the point where the number of people left trying to get this is more than the number of new people jumping in, and with 100k+ scores, people have probably abandoned this (myself included).

So kudos to the lucky ones this week. I suspect that March will see another mad dash, but maybe an opportunity the next couple of weeks for someone to sneak in without crazy grinding.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

New wave of madness coming. All, who almost dropped this trophy, will be return with hope in they eyes Its like Gold Rush.

Agreed. Either the scores go right back up again this weekend when everyone thinks they have another chance, or there really is nobody else left that wants it. Either way I’ll be waiting to see if it drops further. I like living on the edge 

49 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Agreed. Either the scores go right back up again this weekend when everyone thinks they have another chance, or there really is nobody else left that wants it. Either way I’ll be waiting to see if it drops further. I like living on the edge 

hope allthe crazy have got it and left and the other crazy are not here this week.

8 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Hope K0t0bl1tz earned the trophy this time.

Yes, he did :dance: Finally, the grind is over. I'll be helping my team though for the next two weeks. Maybe they won't have to grind that much now that their chances have improved.

Still can't believe it's over, even though I've already put the trophy into my cabinet.

Regarding chances, that reminds me... (pretty much how I feel right now):comp:

Edited by K0t0bl1tz
  • Like 3