Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

1 minute ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

You use spawn kill on enemy base?

Group, which i gave a help to boost, use spawnkill on spawn granade, i thinks its very effective, if you have many people, but it's requares one man, who drop spawn grenade and dont let him fade, and other people must check spawn zone for respawn, so it take more attention from all member of group.

The idea of using turbo is the people lending their alts don't have to spend their time doing anything. They can just leave it running 24/7.

• Like 2

Group, which i gave a help to boost, use spawnkill on spawn granade, i thinks its very effective, if you have many people, but it's requares one man, who drop spawn grenade and dont let him fade, and other people must check spawn zone for respawn, so it take more attention from all member of group.

Yes, enemy base.  This strategy is discussed several pages back in this thread, or the OP even described it.
Spawn grenades are on a timer, they expire, and you must select them manually on the respawn screen.... this is impossible using a turbo controller which you can set up and leave it alone for 24hrs straight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

Beach Head (ISA Team) and Tharsis Depot (Helghast Team) have 1 spawn point each, so the person killing everyone can camp at their base camp and kill them as soon as they spawn and you only need to press X to respawn (A turbo controller automatically does that). Using spawn grenades to grind kills for Valor Grand Cross is an outdated method nowadays, you need to keep throwing spawn grenades because they expire and by the time you kill one account the other account will have spawned in, so the respawn shield wouldn't make a difference. I can say I wouldn't be offering my help if I had to manually be there to respawn every time an account of mine got killed. 

Edited by Sergen

4 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yes, enemy base.  This strategy is discussed several pages back in this thread, or the OP even described it.

Yeah, i read about it =) Ask just for sure.

4 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Spawn grenades are on a timer, they expire, and you must select them manually on the respawn screen.... this is impossible using a turbo controller which you can set up and leave it alone for 24hrs straight.

Thats why my group dont make it - some people was busy, and just can't help.

Offtopic: what turbo contrloller better? Not for this game. but for others in future? Or, where i can read about different model.

I can say I wouldn't be offering my help if I had to manually be there to respawn every time an account of mine got killed.

Yep, thats why i give just a little help, to many attention requare.

Edited by Vasilij_Kozlov

Yeah, i read about it =) Ask just for sure.

Thats why my group dont make it - some people was busy, and just can't help.

Offtopic: what turbo contrloller better? Not for this game. but for others in future? Or, where i can read about different model.

The Hori FPS plus is the best turbo controller. It lets you set turbo for a button without having to put pressure on the button with an object and it has d-pad turboing, a lot of turbo controllers don't include that, but it does cost over £40 to get one, it's compatible with PS3 and PS4 so it's universally a great controller. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

Well either way those who are still willing to go for it should at very least understand what they are getting into and that it can still Be big gamble....

Ive seen few PPL these past weeks who tried have tried to go for this trophy but havent understood that it really requires lot More score than they are capable achieving on week, several PPL WHO were in 40-50k range....

So ye unless you are really willing to go for it 110% and still risk of being just outside 1% i wouldnt recommend IT either.

And you really have to have atleast 3 PPL, preferably More that you can kill AT ALL Times. What really made IT possible for me and Demonslaying to boost in same week was that we had constantly 4-10 PPL to kill when we boosted and we didnt at The end Even have to split our group between us when we just divided The Day accordingly when we were able to boost so that all in all made IT much less draining.

But ye dont Even think about going for this anymore unless you are really prepared to do it atleast 8-10 hours per day. It indeed seems like not Even all of those who give their all Will get this done in Time. Shit luck for everyone involved that The announcement was made only 3 months before shutdown.

10 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Another server crash? 

1 minute ago, drewneal99 said:

@MSIA_pokwee im having the same problem atm so ya the servers did crash

The most recent achievers of Valor Grand Cross should be glad that the crash didn't happen during the leaderboard update, otherwise 2 weeks of grinding would be needed hahaha. The online also isn't working for me and the message "You have been disconnected from the network, network error code: 20007" comes up. Considering this is affecting everyone, nobody is getting ahead of anyone else with the XP grind so there's nothing to worry about. 

Ok, so can we all get together and earn the same amount of points like 15000, and risk the next week

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The most recent achievers of Valor Grand Cross should be glad that the crash didn't happen during the leaderboard update, otherwise 2 weeks of grinding would be needed hahaha. The online also isn't working for me and the message "You have been disconnected from the network, network error code: 20007" comes up. Considering this is affecting everyone, nobody is getting ahead of anyone else with the XP grind so there's nothing to worry about. 

Ok, hopefully it will work again. In the meantime, can we all get together and risk this week and see if like 20,30,40 or more of us that still want the trophy earn the same amount of points, like 10 or 15k like some people before said?

If it could work, paranoia would decline and everyone would get the trophy. :)

Edited by Ptirle

Well the guys who got it and scored big ceartinly do,  but those that had below 40k this week didn't know it seems. The best grinding method for VGC is written and discussed here in this topic.

So I think it's best that we all get same points and grind it for couple of hours then get greeedy and play for 90 hours a week.

Some people are creating masses of dummy accounts to increase the numbers for that week.

If we all created 10+ accounts and played a few short games to register on Servers, we could increase the 1% from 30 people to 50 etc.

This will greatly increase our chances of getting this trophy, the more who can make accounts the better it will be for all of us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DarthRevan182 said:

Some people are creating masses of dummy accounts to increase the numbers for that week.

If we all created 10+ accounts and played a few short games to register on Servers, we could increase the 1% from 30 people to 50 etc.

This will greatly increase our chances of getting this trophy, the more who can make accounts the better it will be for all of us.

Unfortunately more people would rather be spending the time grinding their XP than stopping to add more accounts to the servers. If the person who was 1 rank away from the trophy spent time making accounts and playing with them instead of grinding the trophy, they would be thinking "I wish I didn't make those accounts, I'd have been done with the trophy if I instead spent the time grinding". If someone is using 2 PS3s to grind the game, the recommended thing to do would be for the person to use a different alt account to help them boost for every day of the week, so they can add 7 accounts to the leaderboard without slowing themselves down. Also, it takes an extra 100 accounts just to allow 1 more person to get the Valor Grand Cross trophy. 

32 minutes ago, DarthRevan182 said:

Do you think majority of the trophy hunters are humble to do that? They hacked the leaderboard of Lost Planet 2 just to decrease rarity even lower. How about Fight Night Champion? The belt owner holding the belts for more than 2 years. I am sure many of the achievers right now laughing thinking that how the rarity will go down after the server closure. So forget about it buddy. 

Dear Lord, after reading all these horror stories of how much time and effort people have been putting in these last 2 weeks, all I can say is thank God I went for this in the week of Jan 21 - Jan 28, when the cut off point was around 45k. I ended up getting 61k that week and that was enough for 3rd place on leaderboards. No way in hell I could have ever grinded another week had I failed. 

Ye I already failed once (it was the week after ppl had to boost 2 weeks because server crash during weekly reset) and in the end I could only blame myself for not getting it that week cause I lived in illusion that people would realize that the minimum score from the previous week was actually the score from 2 weeks, but ofc it didnt work out that way and that's why the minimum score already then increased from 26k (note this was from TWO weeks of boosting...now some ppl are getting this score almost in DAY) to 35k.....and I didnt want to believe that would happen, so I took turns with 3 other ppl thinking that getting to 20k for everyone would be enough....had we boosted 2 ppl that week and 2 week next, we could have gotten the trophy already back then, but either way knowing it was my own "stupidity" and wrong strategy rather than anything else that costed me the trophy back then and thats the only reason I even tried again. 

Had I failed it this time with the score of 99 999 (ye didnt dare to cross the 100k line just in case, so got as close to it as possible :D), then that would have been it for me. I wish all these other strategies aside from boosting your ass out would work, but like others have said, most boosters arent nearly as noble as we would like to think and if everything they would exploit these things and stab you in the back and go their own way regardless.....during these past weeks Ive seen that happen enough to say that unfortunately full co-operation with all players involved is out of the window, this was clear to me when me, WhiteCat, Adrua and the gang tried to organize everyone under "one banner" so to speak and it fell apart right at the beginning and we saw that it was better to instead form smaller groups of ppl you thought you could most trust with and then boosting 1 or 2 ppl per week in that group.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, Balnazzardi said:

Ye I already failed once (it was the week after ppl had to boost 2 weeks because server crash during weekly reset) and in the end I could only blame myself for not getting it that week cause I lived in illusion that people would realize that the minimum score from the previous week was actually the score from 2 weeks, but ofc it didnt work out that way and that's why the minimum score already then increased from 26k (note this was from TWO weeks of boosting...now some ppl are getting this score almost in DAY) to 35k.....and I didnt want to believe that would happen, so I took turns with 3 other ppl thinking that getting to 20k for everyone would be enough....had we boosted 2 ppl that week and 2 week next, we could have gotten the trophy already back then, but either way knowing it was my own "stupidity" and wrong strategy rather than anything else that costed me the trophy back then and thats the only reason I even tried again. 

Had I failed it this time with the score of 99 999 (ye didnt dare to cross the 100k line just in case, so got as close to it as possible :D), then that would have been it for me. I wish all these other strategies aside from boosting your ass out would work, but like others have said, most boosters arent nearly as noble as we would like to think and if everything they would exploit these things and stab you in the back and go their own way regardless.....during these past weeks Ive seen that happen enough to say that unfortunately full co-operation with all players involved is out of the window, this was clear to me when me, WhiteCat, Adrua and the gang tried to organize everyone under "one banner" so to speak and it fell apart right at the beginning and we saw that it was better to instead form smaller groups of ppl you thought you could most trust with and then boosting 1 or 2 ppl per week in that group.

Sounds like the Wild Wild West. I was originally gonna head in but after that 2 week VGC week and the continue growth and demand of the damn trophy, I decided not to, and I'll only do KZ3 and KZ1

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

Well it pretty much is...I had hoped that at some point all "hardcore" trophy hunters had got their trophies and the score would start to fall down or at very least stay same, but this week its likely minimum score will increase to around 120k.

So I recommend everyone to think whether you really have the time to sink into this during 1 week or not, cause you dont want to waste 1 week for nothing if you cant currently boost well over 100k in week (which would mean going around 15-20k per day)

3 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

Well it pretty much is...I had hoped that at some point all "hardcore" trophy hunters had got their trophies and the score would start to fall down or at very least stay same, but this week its likely minimum score will increase to around 120k.

I doubt we'll see a drop soon. There are several groups pusing one or two players through a week so they'll need for example 5 weeks for group of 5 players. Plus some of those who failed trying it again

Hey guys,

some of you have given some great info - I already +rep'd posts from the first 4 pages - I am only able to like 10 posts/day, but I'll make sure to get back to this thread and continuously like all the posts that deserve it. ;)

I've now really started to research the game, because the cut-off point became extremely high, and although I am currently on the fence whether I should keep bothering or not, I won't most likely give up considering how much time and money I've spent on this already (I bought 4 KZ2 copies as well as KZ3 and KZ3MP, mainly bought the 2 additional PS3 consoles for self-boosting this game and I've also started my KZ marathon and finished KZHD), however I have quite a lot of questions ?:

A) The first pack of questions is regarding my boosting method:

1.) My boosting method - I am planning to use 5 alts: 3 on PS3 consoles and 2 on PS4s via PSNow Free Trial - would this be possible? ❓Some games sort of tend to balance teams and I am also not sure whether I'd be able to connect into the KZ2 servers via my PS4 consoles without any trouble. This is quite important to know before starting, so that I won't waste the free PSNow trials, but mainly because of question #2. I am tagging some people who might help here: @CristianX-97 , @IDiivil :)

2.) Turbo controllers - at this point it seems impossible to do the boost completely on your own without the help from a boosting group, but I'd still like to give it a try! ? That's why I want to buy 5 turbo controllers - but is not 5 too much (ad question #1)? ? There is another thing which is worrying me - would all these turbo controllers (Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus) also work with my PAL PS3 consoles? Due to the controller being made in Japan, I am slightly worried. ? I found someone in Germany who sells them but still it's the same Japanese model. Also, it would take at least a week for them to be delivered, which means that my boosting week has to be postponed to February, 25th :angry: - which is making me nervous too (however I can't imagine running through my room and pressing X on all my controllers every few seconds - although this would be a nice exercise :P), considering that I'll have just 4 tries, and anything can go wrong! I can either not make it to the 1,05% or my stats might bug and I won't get the trophy afterall. Another option is stats not resetting and having to do two weeks instead, or even getting 1,17% like @DANNYB-SAFC, unlocking the trophy and being labelled a cheater (although this is very unlikely - I think Sergen's report was spot on and some CFW usage had been done, but it's close to impossible to prove this ?) Tagging you @Sergen, because you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this. 

The Ultimate question - if everything works according to my plan (5 alts + 5 turbo controllers), is it possible to score a 100 - 120k (perhaps even 120 - 150k) score after like 10 hours/day grinding? I am really starting to think that 120k will be the very minimum after the next two weeks. <_< Tagging the players who managed to grind some extremely nice scores: @zlm_KID, @EdinhoN, @CyberSeadramon, @Nrlttrll - mind sharing your boosting methods, guys? 

B ) The second pack of questions is regarding some other stuff:

1.) Use of DLCs - considering how much money I've already spent (and I am planning to spend even more - I still need the 4th PS3 console and now also 5 turbo controllers), I'd like to avoid buying DLCs (not only because of the reason that I normally just ignore them) - in my country it's sort of complicated because for some reason I can't find the Flash & Thunder Pack in the PSStores of my PS3 consoles. :( I can only find it on PC but here goes the problem - my online purchases are secured by '3D Secure Code' service which can't be toggled off (my bank forces everyone to use it on the websites that support it) - and for some reason PSStore does not seem to cope with it (the PC one at least, because when buying via consoles, there are no 3d Secure Codes)! ? So in order to buy the DLC on my alts, I would have to buy Wallet Codes and end up with un-spent money - because in the Czech Republic the only available codes are 500 CZK and 1000 CZK, while the game costs 159 CZK. :S Or, the better way (but I have no idea if that would work), is adding money to my PSStore wallet via my console (I can add either 150 CZK or 300 CZK) and then trying to buy the DLC via my PC - which might work too and I might end up with less unspent money (only 141 CZK on each alt compared to 341 CZK if I used Wallet Codes).:hmm:

so, tl;dr - are the DLCs really needed? Why is Beach Head better than Tharsis? If I played on Tharsis, would my boosting be any slower? ⚓ I'd appreciate some responses here before I decide whether I should buy the DLCs for 300 - 500 CZK each (instead of their normal 159 CZK prices).? Tagging some people again: @Gage , @DARKB1KE :blush:

2.) And some other random/additional questions: 

a) Is it correct that the server resets on Monday 3 am? (GMT +1 timezone)

b ) Playing after or during server reset is alright as long as you are not the host?

c) Trophies glitching after 100k points was a myth, right? And there is no way to prevent the trophy from not unlocking (it just happens if it happens)? ?

That's it! ✔️ I can't remember any more questions off the top of my head. :angel: I thank everyone in advance for reading through my post (wall of text as always -_-) and trying to help, however I'd also appreciate a fast reply (at least regarding the first part), because I have to order the Turbo controllers before Friday (ideally today or tomorrow) if I want to be ready on February, 25th. ? So @Sergen, you are my big hope, really. ?

If I manage to get the trophy on March, 2nd, I will keep some of my consoles + alts running (most likely 1 - 2 PS4 consoles for the remaining PSNow week and 2 - 3 PS3 consoles depending on whether I'd need them or not), so helping me with these questions might play a role in my decisioning in case you have not unlocked the trophy yet. :eyebrow: Tagging the group of guys who have already asked for a help: @JohzyDeMartin

I wish everyone a really nice day! ☺️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

Hey guys,

some of you have given some great info - I already +rep'd posts from the first 4 pages - I am only able to like 10 posts/day, but I'll make sure to get back to this thread and continuously like all the posts that deserve it. ;)

I've now really started to research the game, because the cut-off point became extremely high, and although I am currently on the fence whether I should keep bothering or not, I won't most likely give up considering how much time and money I've spent on this already (I bought 4 KZ2 copies as well as KZ3 and KZ3MP, mainly bought the 2 additional PS3 consoles for self-boosting this game and I've also started my KZ marathon and finished KZHD), however I have quite a lot of questions 1f61c.png:

A) The first pack of questions is regarding my boosting method:

1.) My boosting method - I am planning to use 5 alts: 3 on PS3 consoles and 2 on PS4s via PSNow Free Trial - would this be possible? 2753.pngSome games sort of tend to balance teams and I am also not sure whether I'd be able to connect into the KZ2 servers via my PS4 consoles without any trouble. This is quite important to know before starting, so that I won't waste the free PSNow trials, but mainly because of question #2. I am tagging some people who might help here: @CristianX-97 , @IDiivil :)

2.) Turbo controllers - at this point it seems impossible to do the boost completely on your own without the help from a boosting group, but I'd still like to give it a try! 1f47a.png That's why I want to buy 5 turbo controllers - but is not 5 too much (ad question #1)? 1f914.png There is another thing which is worrying me - would all these turbo controllers (Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus) also work with my PAL PS3 consoles? Due to the controller being made in Japan, I am slightly worried. 1f61f.png I found someone in Germany who sells them but still it's the same Japanese model. Also, it would take at least a week for them to be delivered, which means that my boosting week has to be postponed to February, 25th :angry: - which is making me nervous too (however I can't imagine running through my room and pressing X on all my controllers every few seconds - although this would be a nice exercise :P), considering that I'll have just 4 tries, and anything can go wrong! I can either not make it to the 1,05% or my stats might bug and I won't get the trophy afterall. Another option is stats not resetting and having to do two weeks instead, or even getting 1,17% like @DANNYB-SAFC, unlocking the trophy and being labelled a cheater (although this is very unlikely - I think Sergen's report was spot on and some CFW usage had been done, but it's close to impossible to prove this 1f644.png) Tagging you @Sergen, because you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this. 

The Ultimate question - if everything works according to my plan (5 alts + 5 turbo controllers), is it possible to score a 100 - 120k (perhaps even 120 - 150k) score after like 10 hours/day grinding? I am really starting to think that 120k will be the very minimum after the next two weeks. <_< Tagging the players who managed to grind some extremely nice scores: @zlm_KID, @EdinhoN, @CyberSeadramon, @Nrlttrll - mind sharing your boosting methods, guys? 

B ) The second pack of questions is regarding some other stuff:

1.) Use of DLCs - considering how much money I've already spent (and I am planning to spend even more - I still need the 4th PS3 console and now also 5 turbo controllers), I'd like to avoid buying DLCs (not only because of the reason that I normally just ignore them) - in my country it's sort of complicated because for some reason I can't find the Flash & Thunder Pack in the PSStores of my PS3 consoles. :( I can only find it on PC but here goes the problem - my online purchases are secured by '3D Secure Code' service which can't be toggled off (my bank forces everyone to use it on the websites that support it) - and for some reason PSStore does not seem to cope with it (the PC one at least, because when buying via consoles, there are no 3d Secure Codes)! 1f621.png So in order to buy the DLC on my alts, I would have to buy Wallet Codes and end up with un-spent money - because in the Czech Republic the only available codes are 500 CZK and 1000 CZK, while the game costs 159 CZK. :S Or, the better way (but I have no idea if that would work), is adding money to my PSStore wallet via my console (I can add either 150 CZK or 300 CZK) and then trying to buy the DLC via my PC - which might work too and I might end up with less unspent money (only 141 CZK on each alt compared to 341 CZK if I used Wallet Codes).:hmm:

so, tl;dr - are the DLCs really needed? Why is Beach Head better than Tharsis? If I played on Tharsis, would my boosting be any slower? 2693.png I'd appreciate some responses here before I decide whether I should buy the DLCs for 300 - 500 CZK each (instead of their normal 159 CZK prices).1f609.png Tagging some people again: @Gage , @DARKB1KE :blush:

2.) And some other random/additional questions: 

a) Is it correct that the server resets on Monday 3 am? (GMT +1 timezone)

b ) Playing after or during server reset is alright as long as you are not the host?

c) Trophies glitching after 100k points was a myth, right? And there is no way to prevent the trophy from not unlocking (it just happens if it happens)? 1f640.png

That's it! 2714.png I can't remember any more questions off the top of my head. :angel: I thank everyone in advance for reading through my post (wall of text as always -_-) and trying to help, however I'd also appreciate a fast reply (at least regarding the first part), because I have to order the Turbo controllers before Friday (ideally today or tomorrow) if I want to be ready on February, 25th. 1f631.png So @Sergen, you are my big hope, really. 1f913.png

If I manage to get the trophy on March, 2nd, I will keep some of my consoles + alts running (most likely 1 - 2 PS4 consoles for the remaining PSNow week and 2 - 3 PS3 consoles depending on whether I'd need them or not), so helping me with these questions might play a role in my decisioning in case you have not unlocked the trophy yet. :eyebrow: Tagging the group of guys who have already asked for a help: @JohzyDeMartin

I wish everyone a really nice day! 263a.png

Play 14 hours every day against 5 other players/ps3s and you'll get 100k+. Do 50 kills/5 minutes matches all the time, it seems to save better than longer ones (however I haven't tested 30 minutes too much, it failed to save 2 out of 3 matches I tried, so I gave up. In the end 30 minutes might approach the 70% with a large ammount of experiments, but don't waste your time like that).

DLC is a must, you don't wanna worry with turrets and ammo. Tharsis is far from optimal.

Also, I've found that some players are doing some alternative, much faster method, but I don't know how it works. Every week, 2 or 3 people without doing too much headshots are appearing in the top 1%, from my tracking, it is MUCH faster than the 25k I could manage to get every day.

• Like 1