Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Also, I've found that some players are doing some alternative, much faster method, but I don't know how it works. Every week, 2 or 3 people without doing too much headshots are appearing in the top 1%, from my tracking, it is MUCH faster than the 25k I could manage to get every day.

I noticed that too. I thought they were just meleeing instead of doing headshots since it's the same amount of XP.

But if you know they are in fact getting XP faster (I assume you either have them in friends or know someone who does) it is likely something else. I can't think of too many ways that would rack up high XP effortlessly. Stuff like turrets just doesn't get kills fast enough, plus they blow up after a while.

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

I noticed that too. I thought they were just meleeing instead of doing headshots since it's the same amount of XP.

But if you know they are in fact getting XP faster (I assume you either have them in friends or know someone who does) it is likely something else. I can't think of too many ways that would rack up high XP effortlessly. Stuff like turrets just doesn't get kills fast enough, plus they blow up after a while.

I believe they are doing 1v10 and using rocket launchers to get massive amounts of kills

3 hours ago, Platagonist said:

[...] would all these turbo controllers (Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus) also work with my PAL PS3 consoles? Due to the controller being made in Japan, I am slightly worried. I found someone in Germany who sells them but still it's the same Japanese model. Also, it would take at least a week for them to be delivered [...]

Be aware that those Hori pads are shipped form Hong Kong (if the German depo is out of stock) so it could actually take longer than a week. And don't worry - all of them work on European consoles.

[...] is it possible to score a 100 - 120k (perhaps even 120 - 150k) score after like 10 hours/day grinding? I am really starting to think that 120k will be the very minimum after the next two weeks. [...]

I guess this week we are talking about 120k as the absolut minimum. Next week ... who knows ? ... two weeks from now ... oh dear ?

You should play 5min rounds. Kill as many alts with headshots as you can. You'll probably need to make at least 18k a day this week. It is possible, but I'm afraid that 5 alts could be not enough if you are going to start two weeks form now.

[...] are the DLCs really needed? Why is Beach Head better than Tharsis? If I played on Tharsis, would my boosting be any slower? [...]

Tharsis Depot is actually fine. Our group is using this map for weeks now, because most alts don't have the DLCs. That being said, we do have a lot more alts which makes the turrets not that much of a problem. One of us actually bought 6(!) PS3 for this hell ride. ?

[...]

a) Is it correct that the server resets on Monday 3 am? (GMT +1 timezone)

b ) Playing after or during server reset is alright as long as you are not the host?

[...]

For your own sake, you should stop playing before midnight (GMT+1).

c) Trophies glitching after 100k points was a myth, right? [...]

Yes.

Edited by derdimi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Play 14 hours every day against 5 other players/ps3s and you'll get 100k+. Do 50 kills/5 minutes matches all the time, it seems to save better than longer ones (however I haven't tested 30 minutes too much, it failed to save 2 out of 3 matches I tried, so I gave up. In the end 30 minutes might approach the 70% with a large ammount of experiments, but don't waste your time like that).

DLC is a must, you don't wanna worry with turrets and ammo. Tharsis is far from optimal.

Also, I've found that some players are doing some alternative, much faster method, but I don't know how it works. Every week, 2 or 3 people without doing too much headshots are appearing in the top 1%, from my tracking, it is MUCH faster than the 25k I could manage to get every day.

@EdinhoN, @derdimi Thanks a lot for your replies and help! :) So 1v5 would definitely work - could someone confirm that my PSNow method is accurate as well?

However you made me pretty close to giving up - 14 hours/day with 5 alts seems way too crazy! D: I thought like 10 - 12 hours/day would be enough for 100 - 120k points, 14 - 16 hours/day seemed much more likely for just 3 alts. ?

I also think that people must be playing 1v10s and the like - these scores are indeed pretty extreme! ?

I will take my time to think about this until tomorrow, but as much as it pains me to do this, I think I won't be testing my luck. :( As @PlayAsGod suggested I will be hoping for the PS4 remasters, maybe also for a miracle, which would be the servers actually not closing down, but I really doubt that. :angel:

@turpinator1986 I am starting to agree with you, so please do accept my apology for resisting against your good advices. -_- Going for the trophy at this point is not most likely really worth it! :hmm: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

@EdinhoN, @derdimi Thanks a lot for your replies and help! :) So 1v5 would definitely work - could someone confirm that my PSNow method is accurate as well?

However you made me pretty close to giving up - 14 hours/day with 5 alts seems way too crazy! D: I thought like 10 - 12 hours/day would be enough for 100 - 120k points, 14 - 16 hours/day seemed much more likely for just 3 alts. ?

I also think that people must be playing 1v10s and the like - these scores are indeed pretty extreme! ?

I will take my time to think about this until tomorrow, but as much as it pains me to do this, I think I won't be testing my luck. :( As @PlayAsGod suggested I will be hoping for the PS4 remasters, maybe also for a miracle, which would be the servers actually not closing down, but I really doubt that. :angel:

@turpinator1986 I am starting to agree with you, so please do accept my apology for resisting against your good advices. -_- Going for the trophy at this point is not most likely really worth it! :hmm: 

It depends on many factors. I had a very poor Monday, I was thinking of giving up. Also, suffered with lots of disconnections and sometimes only 30% of my matches were saving. Moreover, some of my group weren't available all the time, so I ended boosting for hours with only 2 or 3 alts at most.

In your scenario, you hopefully will have a better time.

Oh, and logout 1 hour before the server reset. It is not confirmed that's the reason the trophy might glitch, but why would you risk? It is a good practice, anyway.

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 1

@Platagonist here a a few answers for your many questions:

The Hori Pads do work just fine on both ps3 and ps4, a very good idea to use them here. That leads to the next question you should consider buying and using the dlc map Beach Head. I boosted yesterday 1 vs 2 on Tharsis and i couldn't move as close to the spawn area on Tharsis as i could on Beach Head. On Tharsis there are turrets close by. I used 2 ps3s and psnow on my laptop and worked good. I did notice a lag on psnow but it was okay as i didn't move around much. But if you wanna use 5 turbo controllers it's much better to play on Beach Head as you can be closer to the enemy spawn point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Platagonist said:

Hey guys,

some of you have given some great info - I already +rep'd posts from the first 4 pages - I am only able to like 10 posts/day, but I'll make sure to get back to this thread and continuously like all the posts that deserve it. ;)

I've now really started to research the game, because the cut-off point became extremely high, and although I am currently on the fence whether I should keep bothering or not, I won't most likely give up considering how much time and money I've spent on this already (I bought 4 KZ2 copies as well as KZ3 and KZ3MP, mainly bought the 2 additional PS3 consoles for self-boosting this game and I've also started my KZ marathon and finished KZHD), however I have quite a lot of questions ?:

A) The first pack of questions is regarding my boosting method:

1.) My boosting method - I am planning to use 5 alts: 3 on PS3 consoles and 2 on PS4s via PSNow Free Trial - would this be possible? ❓Some games sort of tend to balance teams and I am also not sure whether I'd be able to connect into the KZ2 servers via my PS4 consoles without any trouble. This is quite important to know before starting, so that I won't waste the free PSNow trials, but mainly because of question #2. I am tagging some people who might help here: @CristianX-97 , @IDiivil :)

2.) Turbo controllers - at this point it seems impossible to do the boost completely on your own without the help from a boosting group, but I'd still like to give it a try! ? That's why I want to buy 5 turbo controllers - but is not 5 too much (ad question #1)? ? There is another thing which is worrying me - would all these turbo controllers (Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus) also work with my PAL PS3 consoles? Due to the controller being made in Japan, I am slightly worried. ? I found someone in Germany who sells them but still it's the same Japanese model. Also, it would take at least a week for them to be delivered, which means that my boosting week has to be postponed to February, 25th :angry: - which is making me nervous too (however I can't imagine running through my room and pressing X on all my controllers every few seconds - although this would be a nice exercise :P), considering that I'll have just 4 tries, and anything can go wrong! I can either not make it to the 1,05% or my stats might bug and I won't get the trophy afterall. Another option is stats not resetting and having to do two weeks instead, or even getting 1,17% like @DANNYB-SAFC, unlocking the trophy and being labelled a cheater (although this is very unlikely - I think Sergen's report was spot on and some CFW usage had been done, but it's close to impossible to prove this ?) Tagging you @Sergen, because you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this. 

The Ultimate question - if everything works according to my plan (5 alts + 5 turbo controllers), is it possible to score a 100 - 120k (perhaps even 120 - 150k) score after like 10 hours/day grinding? I am really starting to think that 120k will be the very minimum after the next two weeks. <_< Tagging the players who managed to grind some extremely nice scores: @zlm_KID, @EdinhoN, @CyberSeadramon, @Nrlttrll - mind sharing your boosting methods, guys? 

B ) The second pack of questions is regarding some other stuff:

1.) Use of DLCs - considering how much money I've already spent (and I am planning to spend even more - I still need the 4th PS3 console and now also 5 turbo controllers), I'd like to avoid buying DLCs (not only because of the reason that I normally just ignore them) - in my country it's sort of complicated because for some reason I can't find the Flash & Thunder Pack in the PSStores of my PS3 consoles. :( I can only find it on PC but here goes the problem - my online purchases are secured by '3D Secure Code' service which can't be toggled off (my bank forces everyone to use it on the websites that support it) - and for some reason PSStore does not seem to cope with it (the PC one at least, because when buying via consoles, there are no 3d Secure Codes)! ? So in order to buy the DLC on my alts, I would have to buy Wallet Codes and end up with un-spent money - because in the Czech Republic the only available codes are 500 CZK and 1000 CZK, while the game costs 159 CZK. :S Or, the better way (but I have no idea if that would work), is adding money to my PSStore wallet via my console (I can add either 150 CZK or 300 CZK) and then trying to buy the DLC via my PC - which might work too and I might end up with less unspent money (only 141 CZK on each alt compared to 341 CZK if I used Wallet Codes).:hmm:

so, tl;dr - are the DLCs really needed? Why is Beach Head better than Tharsis? If I played on Tharsis, would my boosting be any slower? ⚓ I'd appreciate some responses here before I decide whether I should buy the DLCs for 300 - 500 CZK each (instead of their normal 159 CZK prices).? Tagging some people again: @Gage , @DARKB1KE :blush:

2.) And some other random/additional questions: 

b ) Playing after or during server reset is alright as long as you are not the host?

c) Trophies glitching after 100k points was a myth, right? And there is no way to prevent the trophy from not unlocking (it just happens if it happens)? ?

That's it! ✔️ I can't remember any more questions off the top of my head. :angel: I thank everyone in advance for reading through my post (wall of text as always -_-) and trying to help, however I'd also appreciate a fast reply (at least regarding the first part), because I have to order the Turbo controllers before Friday (ideally today or tomorrow) if I want to be ready on February, 25th. ? So @Sergen, you are my big hope, really. ?

If I manage to get the trophy on March, 2nd, I will keep some of my consoles + alts running (most likely 1 - 2 PS4 consoles for the remaining PSNow week and 2 - 3 PS3 consoles depending on whether I'd need them or not), so helping me with these questions might play a role in my decisioning in case you have not unlocked the trophy yet. :eyebrow: Tagging the group of guys who have already asked for a help: @JohzyDeMartin

I wish everyone a really nice day! ☺️

A)
1. You have to turn the balance teams off. You can also load PSNow on your PCs & laptops too using https://download-psnow.playstation.com/downloads/psnow/pc/latest
2. Controllers work regardless of where your console is from. Amazon.com sell them too, dunno if that would be faster for u.

U could log into a different alt every day on all 5 of ur devices, you'll be adding 35 gamers to the population pool :P

B )
1. Idk, have u tried going to the KZ2 page on ur PS3 and look at the add-on section to find Flash & Thunder? Or add it to ur wish list & then access ur wish list from ur console? 
Beach Head is the best, but if you are doing the PSNow method, dlcs won't matter anyways coz the KZ2 version in PSNow does NOT have the dlcs included and no way to load them within PSNow onto ur PS4s/PCs/laptops anyways afaik. So u r going to have to use Tharsis Depot instead. 

2. a) ya i think so, the daylight savings time messes up timezones imo lol
b ) don't think it matters but to be safe, just log off anyways to be safe
c) ppl over 100k got the trophies last week, and its totally random if it glitches on u

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo
  • Like 1

You guys are all awesome! ^_^ Thanks a lot for all your help. :wub: I'll make sure to +rep every single one of you when I am able to. ;) 

So if I understood it correctly, I am actually able to use 6 alts in total? (3x PS3, 2x PS4 and 1x PC) ⁉️ It might be worth to go for it after all! ? In this case I guess it would be better to do the self-boosting on Tharsis (6 alts on Tharsis seem much better than 'only' 3 on Beach Head). :hmm: 

However, it's a pretty hard decision, considering that I have to decide until tomorrow (if I want the controllers to be delivered before Friday, 23th). :dunno: And considering that I am still not 100% sure, I think I won't risk it. ?

Sure, I could try @Potent_Delusions non-syncing method, but to be honest I'd be pretty scared of messing it up. ? I'd need some step-by-step tutorial for this, and even if done correctly, it might somehow mess up like @DJ_AdruA pointed out. And anyways, if I did not make it, I'd feel pretty devastated, but I would not manage to convince myself to spend another 70 - 80 hours grinding during the next week. ?

So even if I won't most likely risk it, I hope that the answers to my questions will be helpful to future readers of this thread - your guys help won't be forgotten, so if you'll ever need help with something, you know I'll be there. ? 

I wish you all a nice evening! :wave:

1 hour ago, Platagonist said:

However you made me pretty close to giving up - 14 hours/day with 5 alts seems way too crazy! D: I thought like 10 - 12 hours/day would be enough for 100 - 120k points, 14 - 16 hours/day seemed much more likely for just 3 alts. 1f615.png

I also think that people must be playing 1v10s and the like - these scores are indeed pretty extreme! 1f3ae.png

I would only advise people who have and want to keep a 100% profile to even try yeah. If you don’t have a 100% profile, keep your sanity and let this pass you by haha

• Like 1

Not sure if this is necessarily the best spot to post this, but since so many post and reply here, I figured I'll ask anyways. Aside from the main multiplayer trophies in both KZ2 and KZ3, are there any other trophies that would require a connection to the online portion of the game? Like for example the Co-op trophies in KZ3? I currently do have all the main Multiplayer trophies for all games, but I am going to finish them SP trophies in the future. Is there something I should know, or I am I good to go? Thanks for any replies. 

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don’t know how you guys are handling Valor Grand Cross at this point. 

I hate to sound like an ass, but I would give up. Putting in 10+ hour days boosting for one gold trophy just isn’t worth it. 

Well, to be fair, a Gold and a Platinum. :) But to be honest, I think for most people it is the challenge and the accomplishment from over coming the odds. I say if you can do this without neglecting work or family (or your health) then go for it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Platagonist said:

However you made me pretty close to giving up - 14 hours/day with 5 alts seems way too crazyD: I thought like 10 - 12 hours/day would be enough for 100 - 120k points, 14 - 16 hours/day seemed much more likely for just 3 alts. 1f615.png

I also think that people must be playing 1v10s and the like - these scores are indeed pretty extreme! 1f3ae.png

Sound crazy enough?

You guys deserve a fucking medal. Not an in-game medal, an actual medal you pin to your shirt like soldiers have medals on their uniforms.

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I hate to sound like an ass, but I would give up. Putting in 10+ hour days boosting for one gold trophy just isn’t worth it. 

ye at this moment it really requires you to but atleast 8-10 hours per day....last week I could even do just 6-8 hours per day during some days, but even for that it really requires you to have 5-8 ppl constantly helping you out (and another reason was because many were afraid to go over 100k because of rumors of trophy glitching if you went over 100k, so that gave me and few others a chance to just aim as close to 100k as possible, now everyone is aiming to go as much above 100k as possible, so you need to put even MORE hours, and its been just getting worse and worse by each passing week)

So without proper team to help you out + having enough time to boost each day, there is no sense to try to waste 1 week right now for nothing. most ppl going for it right now are making 15-20k score per day, some even much more than that, so once again I really recommend everyone to consider carefully if you want to even try during last 5 weeks, only go for it if you are feeling absolutely confident that you have enough time + big, reliable team of people (or bunch of alts) to help you out.

For anyone else to have any kind of  chance, tens of people would be required to fill in the leaderboards with hundreds of alt-accounts with 0 scores saved/registered on leaderboard so more ppl would fit in into top 1%, which seems entirely unrealistic unfortunately....

Edited by Balnazzardi
  • Like 1

FYI, join discord if you are looking for groups for this game, for alts, etc. 

Remember, be polite, ask nicely. 

http://discord.gg/pstrophies

14 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

are there any other trophies that would require a connection to the online portion of the game? Like for example the Co-op trophies in KZ3?

No. https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6138819-post4.html

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 2/14/2018 at 2:54 AM, Platagonist said:

1.) My boosting method - I am planning to use 5 alts: 3 on PS3 consoles and 2 on PS4s via PSNow Free Trial - would this be possible? ❓Some games sort of tend to balance teams and I am also not sure whether I'd be able to connect into the KZ2 servers via my PS4 consoles without any trouble. This is quite important to know before starting, so that I won't waste the free PSNow trials, but mainly because of question #2. I am tagging some people who might help here:

Answer:  As long as you have alts in a squad, they will not split up and will not change teams at the end of a match.  In order to have a squad your account "host" needs to be ranked up to 2 triangles  (i don't know the ranking names)  Turn auto-balance off.  I don't know anything about PSNOw, never used that service before.  Probably easier to find people with turbo controllers and leave their alts in your game.

2.) Turbo controllers - at this point it seems impossible to do the boost completely on your own without the help from a boosting group, but I'd still like to give it a try!

Answer:  Yes, it's impossible to do without boosting or getting help from others at this point.  You will never get enough points using 1 alt right now.  100k is the current minimum for achievers now so there is not enough time to reach that score realistically.  I believe the HORI FPS Plus is backwards compatible, but I am not positive on that note.

1.) Use of DLCs - considering how much money I've already spent (and I am planning to spend even more - I still need the 4th PS3 console and now also 5 turbo controllers), I'd like to avoid buying DLCs

so, tl;dr - are the DLCs really needed? Why is Beach Head better than Tharsis? If I played on Tharsis, would my boosting be any slower? ⚓

Answer:  If you cannot afford the DLC then Tharsis is the 'only' map (can use others but they are huge pain in ass, don't bother!) you can use that lets you get close enough near their spawn to kill.  You're at a disadvantage because you cannot run in there and collect ammo from dead bodies if you want to use an assault rifle to kill.  You can use pistol with unlimited ammo but it's a bit slower/pain in the ass to kill with/do headshots.   The reason people use Beach Head is because you can go anywhere in spawn and kill freely and collect more ammo.

2.) And some other random/additional questions: 

Answer: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-2-a/8798-weekly-honor-rank-reset-times-corrected-3-15-09-a.html

Answer:  I believe it's okay to keep going, a few others have got trophy... then again I would stop beforehand and let the server calculate your totals... some people experienced delays with stats not updating or giving them a rank.  Again it's just my opinion, don't get greedy and keep playing. 

c) Trophies glitching after 100k points was a myth, right? And there is no way to prevent the trophy from not unlocking (it just happens if it happens)? ?

Answer:  It wasn't a myth, it was just a theory that was unproven at the time.  Someone said they went over and didn't get the trophy.  That turned out to be false or a lie or something because they did get the trophy and now others have proven it by going over and getting the trophy.  So it's ok to go past 100k.

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sorry mate, but people aren't looking for trophy score here, of course 70+ hours in a week for a gold trophy is a waste, when you could platinum at least 40~50 quick and shallow games. But the ones who are trying to go for VGC are looking for a nice challenge and to be able to plat, as our last chance, the whole Killzone series.

Yeap I did it also because I want to get Plat one day on the entire Killzone series....and once again after I had failed on this already once, I only went for it again because I had the time and also felt confident I had large enough group to help me to get into top 1%.

But again if you are not looking at getting plat of entire Killzone series or are one of those few who have like 100% completion on everything, then I too just recommend looking elsewhere at this point. But every person can judge for him/herself whether or not is worth to try to go for it anymore. Lets just all be glad that these kind of leaderboard trophies are quite rare and dont really exist anymore in any of the newer games (indeed the only others I know of are Lost Planet 2 and orignal Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighrer on Xbox 360)

Edited by Balnazzardi