Removing cheaters from the leaderboards

hcmode

Another weird argument. It's perfectly possible in games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne to invite co-op partners into your game and have them down bosses for you. Pretty much every boss pops a trophy in those games. In Bloodborne, when I finally got to the Pthumerian Queen, I put on a dress and a crown, summoned in a NPC hunter, summoned in a real person, and then jumped around being a weirdo while they downed the final boss for me just because I could. I also enjoyed the weird screenshots from when the trophy popped. This behavior meets even @madbuk's stringent criteria for non-cheating but I don't think there is any denying that I cheesed it.

I can't think of specific example, but I know I've seen games where if any player in local multiplayer does something, everyone in the match gets the trophy. On the flip-side I've seen games like Thief Town where it only tracks progress for the main user. There's a trophy in that  for clashing knives with each other five times in a row. The criteria requires two active players to do, but only the one that launched the game will get the trophy. 

37 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Also, as a note, I'm the only one in the family that is a trophy hunter. I move through games at a much faster pace than them and I also don't allow them to play mature titles. So it's very rare for my kids to be able to pop anything on my profile, since even if they met the conditions, I've probably already earned it. 

I set up my kids there own accounts on my PS4 and make them play under there instead of on my acct. All the games I buy are available for them and I can restrict the rating so the Mature titles dont even show up in their games list.

50 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

I set up my kids there own accounts on my PS4 and make them play under there instead of on my acct. All the games I buy are available for them and I can restrict the rating so the Mature titles dont even show up in their games list.

My previous post explained my reasons on why this doesn't necessarily work for me. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have started trophy hunting on a different profile than that which I purchased games on. 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:28 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

What happened to GTA IV?? Few months ago we had over 11.500 plat achievers, now it's less than 10.000

7 hours ago, MMDE said:

My bet is that there's a ton more....

....So 7% of the top 100 fastest 100% are still cheaters....

Oh sweet, somehow the removal of these guys put me in the top 50 fastest. Thanks random person who reported these.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

I reported a person for hacking trophies (trophies completely out of order) like 3 weeks ago. Is that person ever going to be removed? Because it still isn't.

It hasn't been approved or rejected yet. It's still in the queue. I'm not sure it is correct I tried to check if other users follow the pattern you reported this user for, and I see quite trusted players break the pattern a bit. I can PM you about it and we can discuss it if you like, because the user might have cheated, though didn't find they had done so for any other game, but what you reported is partly incorrect at least.

And when I barely know the game, and the report is partly incorrect, that makes it more difficult for me to approve it and especially in timely fashion. You see people talk about huge number of GTA4 reports too, half of them got reports for at least one other game too. Someone also reported a lot of correct reports mixed in with some glitched trophies lately too, and that took way longer to process as well.

Anyway, I will PM you.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:59 AM, jackm57 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/nmxwzy/stats

vQSs7pW.png

Please explain how 5000 trophies is possible in one month.

Or 11,000 in two months.

That account must constitute a team of players?

He is not really a team of players, he is actually buying platinums.  He has spent about $150,000 so far on games. He is buying his way to #1 which is why he is gaining so many trophies.

Its crazy that he started his profile about 2 years ago and is at #2.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 3:14 AM, Bullstomp said:

No matter whether it's one hack or three, intentional or not, people will get away with hacking. Yes it sucks but once you accept that fundamental truth you will realize the leaderboards are bullshit anyway. Especially with people stacking 30 min Platinums.  .  .

Very well said!

On 1/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, jackm57 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/nmxwzy/stats

vQSs7pW.png

Please explain how 5000 trophies is possible in one month.

Or 11,000 in two months.

That account must constitute a team of players

I would have to agree with you.  I see some skill based games mixed in there that would take a lot of time to master just by themselves.

Edited by steel6burgh
revision

If you are paying people to earn trophies for you then you can be playing while they are signed into your account also. If you view trophies by date you’d see a lot from different games with the same time stamps I reckon.  Spending a fortune on trophies is just maaaaad. I wouldn’t want them anyway if I hadn’t got them myself.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, PViddy said:

He is not really a team of players, he is actually buying platinums.  He has spent about $150,000 so far on games. He is buying his way to #1 which is why he is gaining so many trophies.

Its crazy that he started his profile about 2 years ago and is at #2.

He is illegitimate in my eyes. 

Roughdawg4 seemed like a pretty chill guy when Corndog698 interviewed him on his podcast a good while ago. Shame to know he’ll get passed by someone or a team of people who bought their way to the top. 

It’s a numbers game and money game. I’m proud to note that I never did any of that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Roughdawg4 seemed like a pretty chill guy when Corndog698 interviewed him on his podcast a good while ago. Shame to know he’ll get passed by someone or a team of people who bought their way to the top. 

It’s a numbers game and money game. I’m proud to note that I never did any of that.

If the word is out that the #2 (And soon to be #1) is buying trophies, nobody is going to take him seriously, just like people here don't take GermanGamingPro1 or Pro2 any seriously, since it's know to be people who either team share accounts with many other people or people who simply buy trophies.

I like the leaderboards as they currently are, with the 3 flags before complete removal. Of course I'd up to removal of team accounts or people who buys trophies, but that's just my opinion, there would need to be a huge acceptance on the whole community before taking people like those off leaderboards.

• Like 4

On ٣٠‏/١‏/٢٠١٨ at 7:29 PM, jackm57 said:

Ok so account sharing and having a team of players on your profile is now allowed on PSNP?

Yes i think cuz i know many people do this and they are still on the leaderbored 

Edited by dark69knight

Three strikes seems fair to me for saves.  I'm glad the hacking part is a permanent ban as well.  Perhaps a whitelist should be implemented on the hackers auto-popping side to where that trophy is permanently removed for that player.  Save file use?  Nah.

On an unrelated note, I became a trophy hunter because I like collecting things.  Kinda started out from Banjo Kazooie/Tooie back in the day and it just works.  I have one person (best friend) that I'm racing against in terms of PlayStation level and whatnot, but overall, I just like the trophies for my own thing.  I like this site more because it helps me get trophies I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get on my own in terms of stuff like Sonic 2's online trophy, stuff from PS All Stars Battle Royale.  And I can help others enjoy their trophy hunting experience more by helping back.  It's just basically a social media platform that relates enough to me that I can actually stick with it (I petered out on stuff like Facebook and Reddit).  At the time of this writing, I have 28 plats and 1500+ trophies.  That's a drop in the bucket compared to most of the people here, including several I'm friends with.  I just like being able to talk shop with them about common games or things like that.  That and trophy hunting in general pushed me to try games I haven't tried before.  Sure, I've platted some easy easy games just for the plats, but I've also branched out in more difficult games, or games I wouldn't have otherwise touched.

It just annoys me when people cheat trophies, but it's their choice.  They can stay off the leaderboards and cheat to their hearts content.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Fairly sure he actually cheated The Last of Us.  Unfortunately that games trophies are very very buggy on everything else except the part I think was cheated, and he got a flag lifted for it.  I didn't flag him, but the evidence points to cheating.

24 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Anyone who has more plats than me is a hacker/cheater.

Anyone who has less than me is a peasant.

;)

I'm a peasant ??

I just looked at the prices of platinum trophies and I would never pay for them. That is money that could be spent towards games that you can actually play and enjoy. These cheating horror stories make me so glad I'm legit (but a peasant when it comes to trophies). 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Anyone who has more plats than me is a hacker/cheater.

Anyone who has less than me is a peasant.

;)

Very good quote, especially from one named the "Trophy Huntress" :D

Also, I like your list of games, especially the souls collection you have. But tell me, how much time are you willing to spend to get a platinum? :awesome:

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Very good quote, especially from one named the "Trophy Huntress" :D

Also, I like your list of games, especially the souls collection you have. But tell me, how much time are you willing to spend to get a platinum? :awesome:

Just a joke lol.

Anyways, well if you play games you would enjoy I guess it doesn't matter the time. Usually it's RPGs that go near the 100 hour mark.

My personal limit would be 150 hours maybe. For me, that could be Witcher 3, Skyrim, and Fallout in the future perhaps.

1 hour ago, Gavinh2013 said:

I'm a peasant 1f62d.png1f62d.png

I just looked at the prices of platinum trophies and I would never pay for them. That is money that could be spent towards games that you can actually play and enjoy. These cheating horror stories make me so glad I'm legit (but a peasant when it comes to trophies). 

Lol I was just being sarcastic.

I think those people who buy trophies should buy some land instead. And read a book too. Perhaps brush their teeth and drink some water and wear deodorant >:)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

If the word is out that the #2 (And soon to be #1) is buying trophies, nobody is going to take him seriously, just like people here don't take GermanGamingPro1 or Pro2 any seriously, since it's know to be people who either team share accounts with many other people or people who simply buy trophies.

I like the leaderboards as they currently are, with the 3 flags before complete removal. Of course I'd up to removal of team accounts or people who buys trophies, but that's just my opinion, there would need to be a huge acceptance on the whole community before taking people like those off leaderboards.

This is something new. This is the first time someone has been supposedly clean this long buying trophies.

I doubt you will find any new cheats on his account because what he does is ship his ps4 to a person to play games for him and removes the password so they can only play offline and cannot sync.  When he gets the ps4 back, he will review it then sync when they look correct.  You will notice this when you look at games Mother Russia Bleeds, Pro Evolution Soccer 2017, and Lego Worlds. 

Notice all the dates to those games show a trophy last earned in March or April 2017, yet every other completed game around it is January 2018. 

• Like 2