Confirmed: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 [October 12, 2018]

Ghost

22 minutes ago, demonoid321 said:

Strange how its coming out in October. Every Call of Duty game prior to this one has been released in November. Ether way i'm excited, as long as they don't bring back that jetpacking crap than i'll be all in with getting this.

I watched a video months ago theorizing it will be set in modern times. After the great feedback COD WW2 received, I can very much see that happening.

Personally, I'm pretty excited. Hope it has multiplayer similar to MW2 or MW3. The multiplayer in those COD's were my favorite. The campaign should be decent and I'm not even worried about the zombies.

Edited by Shinobi

20 minutes ago, MarioMan200 said:

A Hat that James Harden showed had the Black ops 4 logo on it before this was even annouced which is strange. 

He probably has some involvement in the game, promotion etc. Maybe the Zombies mode or the commercials they will release.

Edited by Kratos

11 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Such an early release date for a Call of Duty game! It's usually November

I'm curious to see what the game involved, typically they show gameplay in a month or two :P 

Just saw an article claiming that Treyarch are scared and that they are releasing Black Ops 4 like a whole month earlier because of Red Dead Redemption 2 that is due to release in late October. I really wonder if that's the case, otherwise, I think they'd keep on par with the same tradition, to release it in November when the Holidays are near. But yeah, I found it odd that an upcoming CoD is releasing that early. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I support it fully personally. Probably over 80% of the COD fanbase could not care less about a campaign, i'm one of those people personally. I'd much rather them focus the development time on a superb multiplayer and zombies experience (which again, over 80-85% of people buy the game to indulge in) than worsening the quality of these to have a SP. Battle Royale is coming this year and that will require MASSIVE dev time and resources to make, so we are not getting less this year, we're just getting the campaign dev time put into MP instead.

I'm very glad to see the roadmap for BO4 and cannot wait to try Battle Royale, and zombies on the Titanic.

Gameplay impressions from people who played it at the reveal:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Kratos

I'm not a fan of battle royal games because to me they are boring! I prefer a classic TDM or S&D, I've seen some youtubers say that this is the future of many games, I just say this is just like the pokemon go a temporary euphoria!
the COD franchise has been coming down drastically over the years and the best strategy is to pick up on something that guarantees them success.
at least unlike some companies they don't ruin franchises with fucking slot machines / panchikos
 if the game is going to be good or bad, I'd rather play first then have an opinion! its not by failing to have single player that the game becomes bad, however the COD franchise has always been known to have good single player campaign

On 17/05/2018 at 5:01 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

Probably over 80% of the COD fanbase could not care less about a campaign, i'm one of those people personally.

While you may not care about the campaign that's certainly not true about the number of others who don't care about it. 

I was actually watching gameranx last night and I read the comments and many don't support this idea 

No campaign, no purchase - especially not for the same price as previous entries to the franchise. In my opinion, Treyarch had made the best Call of Duty game when they released Black Ops II. This is also the second (subsequent to MW2) and last game in the franchise that really hooked me on the multiplayer part. Since then, it has only gone downhill for them (and Call of Duty games in general).

• Like 1

On 07/02/2018 at 3:58 AM, Kratos said:

81JMrSnvvHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

No gameplay was shown at the reveal event about Blackout, but there will be sea, land, and air vehicles available in some capacity. 

..... So it's basically Battlefield then?

Welp, I knew I'd give up on the series at some point. Pity because I actually really enjoyed the WWII campaign. I know that's a different studio but even from Treyarch, BLOPS1 had one of the best campaigns in the series and trading it out entirely for a Battle Royale mode is unforgivable. I've no doubt this will still be successful though and my non-purchase will make zero difference.

Edited by MeteorHawk

6 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

While you may not care about the campaign that's certainly not true about the number of others who don't care about it. 

I was actually watching gameranx last night and I read the comments and many don't support this idea 

Well Treyarch released the figures. 90%....yes NINETY, played only the MP in BO3. I don't blame them for focusing on the MP with those kinds of stats. They're not going to spend years developing a SP for 10% of the community. They're going to spend that time furthering the MP, in this case, Battle Royale, which has a 1000x more replayability than a SP.

32 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Well Treyarch released the figures. 90%....yes NINETY, played only the MP in BO3. I don't blame them for focusing on the MP with those kinds of stats. They're not going to spend years developing a SP for 10% of the community. They're going to spend that time furthering the MP, in this case, Battle Royale, which has a 1000x more replayability than a SP.

Do you have a link for that source? 

Edited by PooPooBlast

I'm disappointed that there will not be a campaign. For a COD game, there's no excuse not to have a campaign and Treyarch's explanation on why it was removed seems to be total BS....

Credit to YongYea for the video

Basically, Treyarch is saying the change is because the amount of people who play the campaign is much less than the number of people that play the other modes. trying to change things is another reason. They're also claiming that a traditional campaign in Black Ops 4 was never in the works to begin with.

The video actually uses stats on this website to help prove why the number of people that play the campaign is much greater than Treyarch likes to think.

2 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I'm disappointed that there will not be a campaign. For a COD game, there's no excuse not to have a campaign and Treyarch's explanation on why it was removed seems to be total BS....

Credit to YongYea for the video

Basically, Treyarch is saying the change is because the amount of people who play the campaign is much less than the number of people that play the other modes. trying to change things is another reason. They're also claiming that a traditional campaign in Black Ops 4 was never in the works to begin with.

The video actually uses stats on this website to help prove why the number of people that play the campaign is much greater than Treyarch likes to think.

I've a feeling it's one of those times when the devs cherry picked data and made it fit into their liking. By that I mean they probably looked into the stats that is limited somehow ( i.e say game X sold Y copies only but in reality this only counts digital). Something like that. 

Or perhaps they simply looked at the number of people playing SP after a certain amount of time has passed and they were like oh more people are playing MP. Point is there's too much unknown to trust their sources.

This plus providing an excuse for their reasoning because they know there'll be backlash. This is just like EA normalising or saying that SP in games are becoming irrelevant which is total BS.

It's basically another way of saying, this game will last longer so we don't have to spend money making another while there can be a steady source of income for less work if we keep updating said game. 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

Well if people are buying games and not playing all the content then they have no right to complain about the content or the price of games in the first place. Even though I don't like multiplayer, you can bet your ass I'll play it if the game has it!

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 1