SuperSaiyan3985

Over 30K Weekly Players

94 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I just wanted to take a moment to address the fact that this game has over 30K weekly players! That is far beyond the most I've seen on any game, and it got me thinking just how popular this game must be. TBH, I thought this was going to be one of those sleeper games because I didn't hear many people talking about it...but clearly I was wrong LOL. This post isn't really contributing anything but I'm wondering how many of your were aware of the game's hype and how many of you weren't.

It's the fastest selling game from Capcom. I was actually thinking there would of been more than 30k players. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get back to the topic at hand, I have honestly not seen any game crack 30k. I don't even think GTA V had that many when it launched.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

No.  I'm saying that people usually flock to whatever game is "popular" at the moment and play what everyone else is playing right now just to "fit in".  It's like high school mentality. 
You only need to look at Twitch to see what is trending right now.  PUBG?  Fortnite?
By all means continue playing the game if you enjoy it, but don't get offended because I don't like your favorite game.  I'm sure it's fun for you, but it doesn't appear that way to me.  I'll play it eventually when the price comes down, get the trophies, and bounce out of there.  

 

Mayo was like $1 for a plat.  You'd be unwise to pass that deal up.

 

I'm like the anti-hipster, I do what everyone is not doing ;)

 

With a Vita, it's $1 for 2 plats. Further, in Sony's new pass system, that translates to $2.80 (due to the 4 gold trophies).

 

57 minutes ago, Happy said:

Boy is this guy in for a surprise.

 

LOL! @DARKB1KE not reading the forum!! xD

Edited by starcrunch061
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

It's flavour of the month.  New games are always going to have high player amounts when they first release.

The west hasn't really had a game of this type before.. so obviously that will garner attention and players... not if you include Lost Planet 2 for large scale bosses/enemies.

People are sheep too, they have to be playing what everyone else is playing right now too. 

Hype when used correctly can get people to part with their money.

I watched livestreams.. don't see what's great about it to be honest.  Looks like typical MMO with grinding for materials all day.

 

 

 

I fully agree with the point that hype can distort data somewhat and I appreciate that for you the game isn't for you. There is definitely something to you referencing people as sheep, we see that in all walks of life too. While it's an accurate observation in general, I also think it's important to not discount a few other potential factors in that huge concurrent player figure we're talking about in MH:W

 

Monster Hunter has been released in the West for a while now, since it was released on PS2 way back when, then later moving pretty much solely into Nintendo systems. As a result it has a huge pre-built fan base that has accumulated for almost a decade - so we shouldn't discount that maybe a significant portion of that 30k are just members of that pre-built community jumping at the chance to play a MH game running on higher specs than the Nintendo hardware they are used to.

 

The other thing generalizing the reasons behind that concurrency does is to pretty much shun new players - people who are interested in trying it out, not because everyone else is playing it, but because the game actually looks good and currently as you mentioned, there isn't much like it to that standard at the moment. We shouldn't begrudge someone for saying - hey, that looks good, i'll give that a try. 

 

It's obviously doing something right to generate that many players. Star Wars:Battlefront 2 had a far more detailed and in-your-face hype machine, and it never reached that amount of concurrency.

 

I guess ultimately, no one can really tell exactly what the reasons are behind the 30k concurrency, unless they are able to survey over 80% of those players and ask them the right questions. But you can deduce things pretty accurately by looking at the patterns already there. 'People are sheep' is just one of those patterns or possibilities.

 

As a side note - getting the trophies, then bouncing might not be as fast as you think - it looks like it'll take 100 - 500 hours depending on luck with some of them. So it might be worth factoring that in just in case you do decide to pick it up one day.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Joker said:

This was such a positive OP and now this thread is 13 reasons why.

Haha yeah I don't see why there are people fighting over such a subtle topic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AydenBonnette said:

The guy he responded to called people sheep, and you didn’t think that was an issue worth stepping on that soapbox for. Not to say it’s surprising given you’re complaining about him “being a bully” and directly insult him multiple times (prick, bully, childish). Plus call it “disgusting behaviour”. For an antibully, such as yourself, you seem to like insulting others.

 

Food for thought. 

Edited by Elvick_
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

  I'll play it eventually when the price comes down, get the trophies, and bounce out of there. 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Yeah good luck, have fun :)

 

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Haha yeah I don't see why there are people fighting over such a subtle topic.

 

Gohan, you should know that Saiyans get stronger after every fight... ;)

 

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL! @DARKB1KE not reading the forum!! xD

 

Well maybe that's why you shouldn't thumbs him up and the "SJW pretend anti-bully" kid so quickly...traitor :P<3

 

I'm going to use you as an ingredient in my next dish StarCrunch ;)

 

5 hours ago, Happy said:

 

Boy is this guy in for a surprise.

 

Indeed.

 

Lol he calls people sheep for playing MHW, then he decides he is going to play it in the future, get the trophies, then "bounce".

 

Then SJWs rush to his side when someone calls him out on it.

 

You can't make this stuff up. People forgot to take their medications it seems.

 

Learned my lesson though, don't engage with crazies lol. Let them frolic, hopefully they don't run into a lampost or something.

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Well maybe that's why you shouldn't thumbs him up and the SJW anti-bully kid so quickly...traitor :P

 

The post that I answered was a good one. There are perfectly good reasons to plat My Name is Mayo. I've done it twice myself. 

 

I always give the thumbs up to "SJW anti-bully" folks. I don't see the need to beat up on the messenger when you don't like the message.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

The post that I answered was a good one. There are perfectly good reasons to plat My Name is Mayo. I've done it twice myself. 

 

I always give the thumbs up to "SJW anti-bully" folks. I don't see the need to beat up on the messenger when you don't like the message.

 

I love you no matter what, even if you are very confused right meow <3

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

 

<3

 

What can I say? I gottalotta love to give.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

The guy he responded to called people sheep, and you didn’t think that was an issue worth stepping on that soapbox for. Not to say it’s surprising given you’re complaining about him “being a bully” and directly insult him multiple times (prick, bully, childish). Plus call it “disgusting behaviour”. For an antibully, such as yourself, you seem to like insulting others.

 

Food for thought. 

I can admit the wording that I chose was harsh and it could have been changed. The reason why I got so upset with him though is that he isn't just trolling around, he going onto specific profiles each time either seeing our games or profile info and trying to attack us for that and to be fair it is public information. I just really hate to see so much dissatisfaction in his life that making fun others need to fill his void.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That is far beyond the most I've seen on any game, and it got me thinking just how popular this game must be.

Both GTA V (PS3) and Fallout 4 cracked 40.000 back in the day. Red Dead Redemption 2 will most likely set a new alltime record. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AydenBonnette said:

I can admit the wording that I chose was harsh and it could have been changed. The reason why I got so upset with him though is that he isn't just trolling around, he going onto specific profiles each time either seeing our games or profile info and trying to attack us for that and to be fair it is public information. I just really hate to see so much dissatisfaction in his life that making fun others need to fill his void.

 

Lol I'll bite, one more time, for the absurdity of it all.

 

You cursed, spewing a bunch of foul language. Keep it classy.

 

Nobody was attacked, calm down SJW. You get upset that easily, can't even imagine what happens to you in real life. A picture of Trump probably raises your blood pressure lol.

 

I didn't go into any specific profile(s). There is no plural. You just added the plural form of profile to make me sound more sinister lol.

 

Summary: Guy calls everyone sheep for playing a game, then I call him out on it. Then you, Mr. "I have to blog about everything" Spaz, and surprisingly...StarCrunch get emotional about it.

 

Then this is were this tragic comedy gets even funnier. He says (the guy calling people sheep for playing MHW) that he is going to play it! LOL!!!! Not only play it, but get the trophies quick and "bounce".

 

You made my day Mr. White Knight Hot Topic, this has been so funny, and according to you, this whole exchange has probably filled "my void". Also has filled other things...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Peace ;)

 

All these messages are going to get deleted anyway by Mango lol <3

 

 

 

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Summary: Guy calls everyone sheep for playing a game, then I call him out on it. Then you, Mr. "I have to blog about everything" Spaz, and surprisingly...StarCrunch get emotional about it.

 

I got emotional?

 

And this is coming from the guy who actually went to check who upvoted particular posts in a thread?

 

Look - I don't care who likes what. I do generally support people that disdain bullying in a thread. That being said, your post to which he answered wasn't really that much of bullying. But there's no reason for so much angst on this forum. I don't get it.

 

But whatever - I'm not here to fight. I like pretty much everyone on both sides of this issue.

Edited by starcrunch061
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

 

Lol I'll bite, one more time, for the absurdity of it all.

 

You cursed, spewing a bunch of foul language. Keep it classy.

 

Nobody was attacked, calm down SJW. You get upset that easily, can't even imagine what happens to you in real life. A picture of Trump probably raises your blood pressure lol.

 

I didn't go into any specific profile(s). There is no plural. You just added the plural form of profile to make me sound more sinister lol.

 

Summary: Guy calls everyone sheep for playing a game, then I call him out on it. Then you, Mr. "I have to blog about everything" Spaz, and surprisingly...StarCrunch get emotional about it.

 

Then this is were this tragic comedy gets even funnier. He says (the guy calling people sheep for playing MHW) that he is going to play it! LOL!!!! Not only play it, but get the trophies quick and "bounce".

 

You made my day Mr. White Knight Hot Topic, this has been so funny, and according to you, this whole exchange has probably filled "my void". Also has filled other things...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Peace ;)

 

All these messages are going to get deleted anyway by Mango lol <3

 

 

 

Eh I'm over it, you wanna play some fortnite battle royale later? It's free to play and I'm still learning how to git gud but it's pretty fun even if you lose if you play with other people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

People are buying the games just because it's easy to Plat? LOL. I'll leave it with that, don't want to insult anyone.

 

Yes, plenty of people on this website buy games because they are easy to plat.  Visual novels, etc.

You're on a trophy hunting website.  That's what we do.  :)

 

2 hours ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Summary: Guy calls everyone sheep for playing a game, then I call him out on it. Then you, Mr. "I have to blog about everything" Spaz, and surprisingly...StarCrunch get emotional about it.

If you're not a sheep then you have nothing to worry about and should not be offended by this.  It wasn't anything personal, it's just my observation.  If you don't like sheep then we can change it to lemmings.

61PM38RCC6L._SX425_.jpg

 

one more video:

 

Edited by DARKB1KE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AydenBonnette said:

Eh I'm over it, you wanna play some fortnite battle royale later? It's free to play and I'm still learning how to git gud but it's pretty fun even if you lose if you play with other people.

 

You got to appreciate the irony though...the guy you were vehemently defending says games like Fortnite, Monster Hunter, and PUBGs are for stupid sheep people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  LOL this can't get any funnier.

 

And no thanks, only multiplayer games I plan on playing in the future are Borderlands and Diablo for now.

 

God bless ;)

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

You got to appreciate the irony though...the guy you were vehemently defending says games like Fortnite, Monster Hunter, and PUBGs are for stupid sheep people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  LOL this can't get any funnier.


Actually I've said that most people follow and play what everyone else is playing.  It's a very broad and generalized view of the gamer population.  A general term for that is "sheep" because it follows the same patterns of a herd.  It's a buzzword that you're offended by and I'm sorry you're offended but you have no reason to be.

In no way shape or form have I called anyone stupid.  That's on you. 

https://www.naturalnews.com/034676_sheeple_study_psychology.html
 

Edited by DARKB1KE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Also stop going to threads and going into endless name calling (You know who you are), if you have an argument or an opinion on something, share it in a more mature way. There are ways to have fun on the forums and at the same time not start a bunch of mindless drama - thanks!

 

 

who-me-gif-9.gif

 

Anyways. I feel the same way as OP, I never seen so many players in the Popular Games This Week like Monster Hunter. I imagine some of the earlier COD and current GTA games had more players, but I wasn't around this website when those games released.

 

 

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no plans to buy MH on PS4. I played it on the wii and PSP back then.  I tried to like it and I see the appeal in it, but just not my thing 

Edited by zer007uk
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FilmFanatic said:

I decided to do some digging using the Wayback Machine and here are some figures I found.

 

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3) released September 17 2013.

Players on September 21 - 48,476

Players on September 24 - 72,388

Players on September 26 - 59,988

 

Destiny released September 9 2014.

Players on September 12 - 16,373

Players on September 17 - 39,814

Players on September 22 - 34,388

 

The Last Of Us (PS3) released June 14 2013.

Players on June 21 - 22,410

Players on June 24 - 25,145

Players on June 29 - 23,593

 

Bloodborne released March 24 to 27 2015.

Players on March 28 - 10,711

Players on April 2 - 26,102

Players on April 7 - 25,006

 

Wow. That has to be a record

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.