What is the WORST game you bought and play. JUST for the trophies!?

SuchRemorse

Imo it was everyone's gone to the rapture. It's really not my type of game and WAY to slow. Didn't even collect all of the trophies yet because it's so unbelievable boring. I know there's a story in it but still the pace of the game is way to low for me. don't even know if I'm still going for the going. luckily I already got the backtracker trophy since I've heard it glitches sometimes.

Not saying it's a bad game but it's just not for me. I just can't understand the hype of this game earlier on. This is a typical game you're gonna love or hate and for me it's unfortenately a hate one. But I'm confident I will get the plat someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QrazorQ said:

Imo it was everyone's gone to the rapture. It's really not my type of game and WAY to slow. Didn't even collect all of the trophies yet because it's so unbelievable boring. I know there's a story in it but still the pace of the game is way to low for me. don't even know if I'm still going for the going. luckily I already got the backtracker trophy since I've heard it glitches sometimes.

Not saying it's a bad game but it's just not for me. I just can't understand the hype of this game earlier on. This is a typical game you're gonna love or hate and for me it's unfortenately a hate one. But I'm confident I will get the plat someday.

I agree with Everyone's Gone to The Rapture. I don't mind walking simulators when they have a good concept like The Wolf Among Us or Oxenfree, but this was a glorified graphics simulator. To be fair, I didn't buy it and got it on PS+

Another is Gone Home, that one I did, sadly, pay for. It was incredibly boring. There's even a trophy for beating the game in 2 minutes.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 11:13 AM, DynaVita said:

Tearaway Unfolded

This choice can be surprising, but honestly it was my worst experience for a game done for a platinum.

I really enjoyed Tearaway on Vita, and I thought that Teawaray Unfolded on PS4 would be as good, and also easy for someone who already knows the Vita version.

Error, it's not the same game.

The Vita version has some challenging trophies (terminate some levels without dying) but it's doable with little tries.

Unfolded version had some very frustrating trophies, but the worst was : 

Chauffeur : you have to take a character from a point to another without dying. But, when you have to fight against ennemis, you have to drop the character and taking it again after the battle. There were too many times where the character was dropped away by ennmies or worst, after the battle a door is closed automatically and guess what, the character was behind the door.... And to retry, you have to start the level from the beginning, including the long video...

I got this when it was free on plus and found it a complete chore to even finish the story. I came back to it a few months later looking to go for the plat. Could barely find the motivation to play it for half an hour at a time with the shit gameplay and controls. 

I had got a few levels done 100% with a few of those stupid gofer missions (the worst ones). The next day when I load up the game all the levels I'd done were back to 0%. Shit game hadn't saved for some reason and that was when I deleted the piece of shit game. It can just fuck right off. I hear the vita version is better but I would not entertain it after this shite. 

Gone Home

Free was too much for the 'game'.

1000 Top Rated

NCIS Game

Dying: Reborn

XBlaze Lost: Memories

Energy Invasion

Little Adventure on the Prairie

Playing now:

Terminator Salvation

Two things about this game is just annoying, my teammates can't shoot for crap and the game has crashed several times. So I took a day break.

Oh and I loved Everyone's Gone to The Rapture. ?

Edited by Jamescush147

7 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

I regret buying NITROPLUS BLASTERZ: HEROINE'S INFINITE DUEL for the PS4 and just to show how much I dislike it, I didn't even bother typing the name for it rather I just copy-pasted the title from my trophy list which is why it is capitalized. It is very bland as a fighting game and it doesn't control as smoothly as other fighting games when it comes to inputs like when I have played like Dead or Alive 5 or BlazBlue. I bought it because of the trophies and it had Saber from the Fate Series but man, I don't even want to grind the trophies for it anymore. 

You don't need to grind much there...

Horizon Zero Dawn - I had to force myself to finish it.. while the main story was okay (Although black guy was the only good voice actor), the side content was atrocious. It's just the same as any generic open world game. I don't need 500 side quests that are all the same thing. Put less funds into graphics and more into the actual content. I don't mind grinding either, I did crazy shit like Rayman Legends and I still had a good time. At least that had some variety. 

Gone Home/Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Absolute shit games and you couldn't even skip anything. Crashed on me several times, losing all progress.. and some trophies were buggy as well. I still don't even understand what these games were trying to do. If you wanna do artsy right, look at Journey. 

Catlateral Damage - I don't usually buy indie games on sale but this was a couple of bucks and I was thinking, how bad could it really be? Oh... oh...

Tomb Raider - Loved the singleplayer but getting to max level in this terrible MP.. my god. I think I spent 10 hours just going from A to B with a health pack. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 5:51 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Whoever bought Orc Slayer and doesn't answer with Orc Slayer would be crazy :awesome: 

I bought Orc Slayer twice :D

But Killzone 2 was pretty shitty (Valor Grand Cross tainted the game for me...)

2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

XBlaze Lost: Memories

Did you use the text-skip though?

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Wheels of Aurelia.  

I have my fair share of what I suppose could be deemed as "trash plats" but Wheels of Aurelia is definitely my highest ranking, I mean it wasn't even laughable bad

Really? I loved this game.

I bought Little Adventure on the Prairie yesterday, as it was only £1.50. Got an easy Platinum but it was an awful game. It looks off in my game collection, Especially as it is my 30th platinum earned, it will be on show for everyone to see.

1 minute ago, Mordkigh said:

I bought Little Adventure on the Prairie yesterday, as it was only £1.50. Got an easy Platinum but it was an awful game. It looks off in my game collection, Especially as it is my 30th platinum earned, it will be on show for everyone to see.

Yeah... I actually bought that too. Now I regret seeing it on my trophy list. Even though it's Platinum. The picture just looks ridiculous. Ugh.... 

On 2/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Whoever bought Orc Slayer and doesn't answer with Orc Slayer would be crazy :awesome: 

That's one of my all time FAVORITE games... Best Shooter to ever be allowed on the ps4... ? 

For me, sad as it is to say, it is probably Albedo - I know it was made by one guy, and that is somewhat impressive, and it was certainly ambitious, but it was tough to play due to the controls and the very strange puzzle solutions.

I’m sad to see so many folks saying Wheels of Auralia and Everyone’s Gone to The Rapture - I was a big fan of both those games, in fact, until Prey came out, I considered Everyone’s Gone to The Rapture to be my favourite game of this generation.

Sometimes I wish people who have no interest in slower paced, specific time-and-place type games like these would just keep away from them - they are simply not their cup of tea (which is fine) but they just end up ragging on them and unfairly lumping them in with trash like Orc Slayer, My Name is Mayo and 1000 Top Rated, which are nothing but artistically barren money-grabs, and actually deserve the scorn they invite.

But, on the other hand, I guess it is a good thing that there are people buying them purely for trophies, as it inflates the sales numbers and ensures that the devs will continue to make that type of more interesting game in the future, so I get to play more of them!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

For me, sad as it is to say, it is probably Albedo - I know it was made by one guy, and that is somewhat impressive, and it was certainly ambitious, but it was tough to play due to the controls and the very strange puzzle solutions.

I’m sad to see so many folks saying Wheels of Auralia and Everyone’s Gone to The Rapture - I was a big fan of both those games, in fact, until Prey came out, I considered Everyone’s Gone to The Rapture to be my favourite game of this generation.

Sometimes I wish people who have no interest in slower paced, specific time-and-place type games like these would just keep away from them - they are simply not their cup of tea (which is fine) but they just end up ragging on them and unfairly lumping them in with trash like Orc Slayer, My Name is Mayo and 1000 Top Rated, which are nothing but artistically barren money-grabs, and actually deserve the scorn they invite.

But, on the other hand, I guess it is a good thing that there are people buying them purely for trophies, as it inflates the sales numbers and ensures that the devs will continue to make that type of more interesting game in the future, so I get to play more of them!

Well at first I wanted to play the game for fun and later on for the easy trophies because I've seen people recommending it and wanted to give it a try. Graphical it's absolutely good but the more I played the more I got a kind of feeling of when is something interesting going to happen? (unfortenately never imo). The game would be much better if you could just go a tiny bit faster.

Care to explain why the bold saying that it is your favorite game of this generation (and what do you exactly mean with generation? human lifetime or console lifetime? Really curious.

10 minutes ago, QrazorQ said:

Well at first I wanted to play the game for fun and later on for the easy trophies because I've seen people recommending it and wanted to give it a try. Graphical it's absolutely good but the more I played the more I got a kind of feeling of when is something interesting going to happen? (unfortenately never imo). The game would be much better if you could just go a tiny bit faster.

Care to explain why the bold saying that it is your favorite game of this generation (and what do you exactly mean with generation? human lifetime or console lifetime? Really curious.

I mean of the 8th gen consoles - and when I said that, until it was surplanted by Prey, it was my favourite game of the generation, I mean, well... that.

It was the game I enjoyed the most out of all the games I played across Gen 8 up to that point.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I agree that Little Adventures on the Prairie was a bit of a lousy game, more of a platformer a five-year old would cut their teeth on than anything meaty. But my worst game would be My Name Is Mayo because it was such a lame game - all you did was tap a jar of mayo to get trophies. The only reason I fell into it was because it was the cheapest game I could afford at the time. :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mordkigh said:

I bought it twice so I could get both platinums :P

24 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I agree that Little Adventures on the Prairie was a bit of a lousy game, more of a platformer a five-year old would cut their teeth on than anything meaty. But my worst game would be My Name Is Mayo because it was such a lame game - all you did was tap a jar of mayo to get trophies. The only reason I fell into it was because it was the cheapest game I could afford at the time. :(

So was I the only person who found this game funny?

8 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

DARK MYSTERY https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6474-dark-mystery/SuchRemorse 

spacer.png

I have to admit... This game was pretty horrible as well.. And I stuck though to get 100% I'm so ashamed of myself lol

Are you sure there aren't more games on your profile you bought just for trophies? There are a few ones there 

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

I bought it twice so I could get both platinums :P

So was I the only person who found this game funny?

Are you sure there aren't more games on your profile you bought just for trophies? There are a few ones there 

I never said I didn't buy some games for trophies.... I asked which was the WORST!? 

8 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I never said I didn't buy some games for trophies.... I asked which was the WORST!? 

That's fair. Imo I thought done games were worse. Obviously it's just my opinion

On 3/1/2018 at 6:05 AM, QrazorQ said:

Now this is how you say you don't like a game instead of just calling it complete trash like most peop do on the internet if they don't like or have something. Props man.

• Like 2