How are people doing this in 5 minutes?

Leo_the_Lion25

Just bought this game and now it appears to have been patched.  When I enter the 2nd code it's not putting me at the end game.  Can anyone else please confirm if it's still working??

My bad, it's still working.  There is a lengthy cutscene that confused me and made me think the codes didn't work.

Edited by Narniak
Mistake

On 3/8/2018 at 2:43 AM, Deluziion90 said:

All 41 Trophies 
March 7th 2018  Completed in 9 minutes, 57 seconds

Can confirm it all works

Only thing I struggled with for a second was the "second controller". You have to log into a different acount to use the codes for example L3+X to get maximum collectables

all in all I feel dirty and I have no regrets

Would you trade a step by step guide for an upvote?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Yeah boy

And your upvote, as promised.

Edit: I could only get 16 trophies to pop by this method on PS3. Weird. You'd think it would either work, or not work, but not half work.

Further edit: it seems you'll pop a few of those trophies by skipping movies.

Even further edit: now at 22/41 through the movie playing thing. Wonder how to pop ze rest.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Hmmmmm...

Maybe the best thing for me to do is to legitimately play the PS4 versions of these games.

Then use debug mode to quickly plat the PS3 versions...

Seems like a good trade off.

But since the PS4 versions are digital only, if this thing gets patched, you can't delete the patches from a digital purchase...

Hmmmmmm...

???

Edited by Super Sand Virginia

17 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Hmmmmm...

Maybe the best thing for me to do is to legitimately play the PS4 versions of these games.

Then use debug mode to quickly plat the PS3 versions...

Seems like a good trade off.

But since the PS4 versions are digital only, if this thing gets patched, you can't delete the patches from a digital purchase...

Hmmmmmm...

1f914.png1f914.png1f914.png

Would do it the other way around, I've seen multiple people now seeing not everything unlocks on ps3.

Its kind of a relief because I played the trilogy through twice and Jak II was the absolute worst in the series in my opinion, my OCD also doesn't want Jak II to remain at 34% because I can't muster up the patience to finish it a third time. The infinite health really helped.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this doesn't work exactly as easily on the PS3 version, but it is still a huge help.

I would say about 40% of the story related trophies unlocked when using the level select to travel to the last level. I then went through all of the cinematics (Skipping them all with triangle) and gained about five or so additional trophies. There are still a few more trophies I need to unlock, but I believe level select will be a huge asset to finishing up these trophies as the level descriptions are quite similar to the trophy requirements.

The second controller unlocked the collectibles without issue!

This workaround was hugely helpful, as I was just not enjoying Jak II as I did Jak one.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

They patched it?? Was just about to buy it. Won't if it's patched

No, they didn't. And if you want to avoid getting the patch after you buy it, remember to uncheck all automatic downloads in the "System" tab on the settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17-3-2018 at 11:52 AM, Chamillitary44 said:

i can't seem to enter the first code correctly

I have a similar problem with the second code. When I enter it, I always press the button to start a new game and it'll add some lines of text in the top left corner. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I followed a video guide and it seems like you should be able to stay in the first menu without actually pressing any options. Did someone have the same problem?

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, Conrad20 said:

Say I play through the game normal getting all the trophies I can and I get to like 65%. Can I use debug mode to get any I missed after beating it?

All of the trophies are unmissable story-related trophies, apart from the metal head gems and precursor orbs. You should get enough metal head gems naturally just by playing through the story, but yeah you can use debug for the gems and orbs if you still need to I think (there's already a handy trick for farming precursor orbs anyway even without debug mode)

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

8) The next step requries a second controller (you can literally sign in as a guest, so no need to set up a second account).  Turn it on, sign in (profile or guest) and press L3 and X at the same time.   This will unlock all collectible trophies, of which there are 6

Does not work for me unfortunately

Edit: got it.

Pressed R3+X on BOTH controllers and it worked.

No guide explained that.

Edited by maxijodi

Just go for the trophies normally and enjoy the game, folks. It's a game. We play games for enjoyment. I am guilty of this as well, but we need to remember gaming is not solely about the trophies. It is about ENJOYING the game. 

Now I have never played Jak 2, but I absolutely LOVED The Precursor Legacy. 

• Like 1