Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

The ability to delete a trophy list above 0% is a bad idea in my opinion. It makes 100% profiles irrelevant & less impressive for starters, not to mention it'd just incentivize people to give up the moment they encounter any struggle because they can just delete it. You could argue that 100% profiles are already irrelevant because you can hide your games, which sure that is true, but it gives you a nice big symbol which lets you know that the 100% profile isn't actually a 100% profile.

Plus like people have mentioned here, if you were to get hacked, it is possible for said hacker to just delete all your trophies, which just the possibility of that happening alone is enough to make it a bad idea imo.

• Like 2

Deleting trophies doesn't fix the underlying issue. Most people don't have the personality to handle a 100% account. Takes a very damaged type of person to play games past the point of enjoyment, spending thousands of dollars on DLC with no enjoyment, extensive research to verify a game can be completed, etc.

You don't need to delete trophies from your list, you need to stop comparing your account to other people.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, damon8r351 said:

I know plenty of people would probably love to delete those 6 cross-saved stacks of Sound Shapes they have in their profile so it seems less suspect when they jump headfirst into a thread to bitch about other people stacking Ratalaika plats.

Are you kidding? I love my 1000 silver trophies from SS! (Or how ever many it equates to) Atleast with sound shapes you had to clear the entire game from start to finish (the first time around anyways, i know, the cloud! but that comes after and you dont have to use it) and some of the death mode challenges were pretty tricky towards the end and it was an enjoyable original game with a unique soundtrack and they stopped it there, they didnt make a sequel or develop / publish countless other games with 8stacks each

Whereas most rata plats dont even require you to reach the credits, most of their games are pretty forgettable and are copy and pastes of previous rata titles, not to mention every title always has every platform trophy stack possible

theres really no comparison

Edited by Property_Damage

5 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I just accepted that I cannot do anything. I moaned about it and was a sorry sop around my house for a weak, but my friends and family told me to stop being an idiot and that there are more important thing in life, and that it's just games. They also said there is no point in worrying about things you cannot do anything about. 

Another thing is I have 98 plats, 15 are hidden, so only 83 visible here. So in proportions, I have way more better and proper plats including my FF, Tales, Persona and other JRPG plats over shovelware, so thinking of that helps and how I worked hard over the years for these ones. 

Also, I never really look at my trophy list on the playstation, and keep the games hidden otherwise. For trophy tracking I use this site. Even when I do look at it in the app, I have changed the order to alphabetical, and since those games all start with "T", they are pretty far down so unless I go out of my way I don't look. 

I think if you do check your list frequently, I suppose the only thing is to hide any games you don't like, and then just learning to accept that nothing can be done about them, unless you make the decision to start a new account, but depending on your achievements so far, it could be throwing out years of work

I’m currently in a similar situation. I made a post in January asking if I should stick with this account or start over with a new account and most people said I should stick with this account and embrace it while burying the games that I have issues with deep in my trophy list. I tried to do that but I ended up taking a break for a while. 

13 minutes ago, XOblivion100 said:

I’m currently in a similar situation. I made a post in January asking if I should stick with this account or start over with a new account and most people said I should stick with this account and embrace it while burying the games that I have issues with deep in my trophy list. I tried to do that but I ended up taking a break for a while. 

Yeah, i did the same, i used to care a lot about my trophy completion because i only played games i really cared about fully completing, but then i just bought a lot of games to ''be'' entertained, thats when i realized i didn't care for completing these games but still cared about my trophy percentage, i tried the hide feature but always felt annoyed knowing those games were there, since i couldn't just delete them, wondered if i just could start a new profile, but as others said, it's my history, and for one reason or another i chose to play them, so now if i play something and at some point just don't enjoy it anymore, i move on and keep 100% on what i want, as i'm not really competing with anybody but myself.

So deleting them right now is just perspective, it'd be great if there was a way to do it, but if not, it's not the end of the world, there are other solutions, you can just start anew, hide them, or just leave them be.

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

Deleting trophies doesn't fix the underlying issue. Most people don't have the personality to handle a 100% account. Takes a very damaged type of person to play games past the point of enjoyment, spending thousands of dollars on DLC with no enjoyment, extensive research to verify a game can be completed, etc.

You don't need to delete trophies from your list, you need to stop comparing your account to other people.

Man you almost got me?

1 hour ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

How often do y'all get your accounts hacked that you're so paranoid about it ? Stop clicking links from Nigerian Princes 

Dude this is what I think every time I read those comments. Like who has gotten their PSN hacked? I've had my account since the PS3 launched and have never gotten hacked. As long as you have a strong password in place, a secure email, and 2FA enabled, you are not getting hacked unless you pissed off a professional hacking group.

And they would probably make a failsafe for these types of situations to boost.

3 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

The ability to delete a trophy list above 0% is a bad idea in my opinion. It makes 100% profiles irrelevant & less impressive for starters, not to mention it'd just incentivize people to give up the moment they encounter any struggle because they can just delete it. You could argue that 100% profiles are already irrelevant because you can hide your games, which sure that is true, but it gives you a nice big symbol which lets you know that the 100% profile isn't actually a 100% profile.

Plus like people have mentioned here, if you were to get hacked, it is possible for said hacker to just delete all your trophies, which just the possibility of that happening alone is enough to make it a bad idea imo.

There isn't anything impressive about a 100% profile imo. It's super easy to do that, just make a profile and only play VNs, Japanese girl games and shovelware. Far from impressive. I find a person simply having some decent challenging plats on their profile regardless of completion % to be impressive. To me, someone with say all the KH and FF plats but with an overall 50% completion looks way more impressive than someone with a 100% of just easy plats. The whole completion % thing, unless there is some kind of prize for it, I don't see the point in depriving yourself of enjoyment, because you would essentially have to avoid all games with closed servers, glitched trophies and difficult games. My old account is 100%, it just has 4 games and 4 plats, and then I never logged in again, but it doesn't impress me since 4 plats is very less/ 

Although if I unhide my hidden games, my completion percentage actually increases, as I've hidden 15 platinums... so in terms of saying "not true 100%", I would have to disagree on that one. Like I had bought 15 crap games to increase my completion %, but regretted later down the line, so even if games are hidden, my current profile and completion % is my true completion if shovelware is not counted as those games are all 100%, unless we are supposed to count jumping tofu etc. into our completion %? 

4 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It was mentioned earlier, but paid deletions would meet both sides in the middle. Make the price high enough to give average user pause, though.

Would you pay $50 per game to scrub undesirables from your list? There isn't a wrong answer to that question.

That would be 50 x 15 games... so no, I would not. That would be daylight robbery from Sony if they charged that much. 

3 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Indeed, this advice is spot on for most things in life as well. Comparing to others makes people mentally ill.

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Really should be an option I can't see what's stopping it. Only thing I can think is they see hide games as the solution. 

18 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Dude this is what I think every time I read those comments. Like who has gotten their PSN hacked? I've had my account since the PS3 launched and have never gotten hacked. As long as you have a strong password in place, a secure email, and 2FA enabled, you are not getting hacked unless you pissed off a professional hacking group.

Well, I had what I believe to be a reasonably strong password (12 characters, randomized), had 2FA enabled, don’t visit any sketchy sites and delete all emails unread unless it’s from my lawyer or my doctor and someone still got ahold of my account. They were too bloody stupid to realize they needed to change their system to the default one on the profile, so when I woke up I had a bunch of games randomly installing to my hard drive and I changed everything (including the 2FA phone number being used) immediately, but it happens.

Now, do I think anyone is going to hack someone’s system to delete their trophies? Not as a primary objective, no; they want personal details, free access to games, or to run up your credit card bills. Does that mean it can’t/won’t happen? Also no. Regardless of how secure you are (or think you are), someone out there knows or will find a way in, and sometimes it’ll be for the stupidest of reasons. Acting like it doesn’t/can’t happen is a great way to engender false security that leads to it happening.

Edited by Ashande

19 hours ago, Meikoro said:

I think this will never come.

Think of all the risk like deleting a wrong Game you work hard on it and whats more worse your Trophy Milestone would be a total mess up.

Well Sony could avoid it if they making the delete trophys a new species like *delete trophy* and the count would be still right, but thats more or less the same than hidden trophies, so i think this will not come anytime soon.

Your milestones change when you hide games anyway, as this site does not consider hidden games into the milestone count. So whether you delete or hide games, milestones get altered. Also, trophy milestones in addition to completion % are unique features of this site, not PSN itself so these would not be things sony would consider in terms of features on psn overall. 

Charge £5 for a game removal and have a minute long button hold to confirm, easy, problem solved.

People that want to remove trophies can then do it, people that don't want to remove trophies don't have to do it and if you're getting hacked you've got bigger problems than trophies, work on your security and stop clicking phishing links.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Not to mention a hacker looking to do damage isn't going straight to the trophy list, there's worse things to do like buy things on your card for instance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

And don't forget about the PIN and the secret answer/question. And the DATE OF BIRTH. FFS the DoB. If you don't know it (i.e. you put a random date) they refuse to help even if you know everything else!

Edited by Lance_87

9 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

There isn't anything impressive about a 100% profile imo. It's super easy to do that, just make a profile and only play VNs, Japanese girl games and shovelware. Far from impressive. I find a person simply having some decent challenging plats on their profile regardless of completion % to be impressive. To me, someone with say all the KH and FF plats but with an overall 50% completion looks way more impressive than someone with a 100% of just easy plats. The whole completion % thing, unless there is some kind of prize for it, I don't see the point in depriving yourself of enjoyment, because you would essentially have to avoid all games with closed servers, glitched trophies and difficult games. My old account is 100%, it just has 4 games and 4 plats, and then I never logged in again, but it doesn't impress me since 4 plats is very less/ 

Although if I unhide my hidden games, my completion percentage actually increases, as I've hidden 15 platinums... so in terms of saying "not true 100%", I would have to disagree on that one. Like I had bought 15 crap games to increase my completion %, but regretted later down the line, so even if games are hidden, my current profile and completion % is my true completion if shovelware is not counted as those games are all 100%, unless we are supposed to count jumping tofu etc. into our completion %? 

I completely understand what you mean, but when I was referring to "True 100% account", I was referring to those accounts that actually have a decent amount of games, that are actual games & not just shovelware or VNs. & When I was referring to the hiding games I was more referring to when people run into a game that's too difficult/they don't want to finish so they hide it to maintain 100%. I guess by your logic though my list would perfectly fit your definition of "impressive" though since I got all the KH plats (minus some PS4 stacks).

9 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Sometimes your password doesn't even matter. It's your email that is usually the weak link due to password leaks online from other services with the same password. I've had my Steam account hacked for example because I used the same password I used for an old site years ago which leaked to a massive notepad which can easily be accessed & downloaded for free for the email linked to it. Once they have the email, they got pretty much every account linked to that email as long as 2FA via Mobile isn't active. & even then people have found bypasses. Never underestimate the lengths people are willing to go to hack someone just for fun.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

And don't forget about the PIN and the secret answer/question. And the DATE OF BIRTH. FFS the DoB. If you don't know it (i.e. you put a random date) they refuse to help even if you know everything else!

Not true, I managed to recover a dummy account I had made before the GREAT PS3 HACK OF 2011 without knowing the "DOB". The region you're doing things in might matter, maybe PS US support is more lax than in other countries. It probably helped that the account also had no money transactions tied to it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It was mentioned earlier, but paid deletions would meet both sides in the middle. Make the price high enough to give average user pause, though.

Would you pay $50 per game to scrub undesirables from your list? There isn't a wrong answer to that question.

That's, what ive been saying, put it behind a pay wall, like what they did with changing your PSN ID. This would deter potential hackers or dodgy friends accessing your account deleting trophies. Add a security layer of Two factor authentication for the transaction and even if you account is accessed by a hacker they cant change your password / TFA setup without your phone / email authenticating.

I would happily pay 10-20 bucks to delete a few trophy sets in bulk. $50.00 is a bit pricey though.

Edited by SlippingJimy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

I completely understand what you mean, but when I was referring to "True 100% account", I was referring to those accounts that actually have a decent amount of games, that are actual games & not just shovelware or VNs. & When I was referring to the hiding games I was more referring to when people run into a game that's too difficult/they don't want to finish so they hide it to maintain 100%. I guess by your logic though my list would perfectly fit your definition of "impressive" though since I got all the KH plats (minus some PS4 stacks).

I see, I suppose then there shouldn't really be a problem with hiding games if people want to hide shovelware/VNs/Japanese girl games, since those wouldn't decrease a completion %. I think it is totally fine to hide games like shovelware if one does not want to show them. I usually don't look at other peoples profiles so I never pay much attention to other peoples profiles other than my own profile, but when I do look, I look at what platinums they have rather than completion %, no. of platinums/ quality of platinums always just seems more impressive than a high completion % which is super easy to do by just avoiding games one is not good at. You do have a lot of good also time consuming platinums on your profile. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with starting a game and not finishing it, why would one want to torture themselves to continue a crap/difficult/boring game just for completion % is beyond me, although for me gaming is simply a hobby on the side.  I do not compete or do online or anything, I know that with the millions of profiles out there and all those leaderboard people with thousands of plats, no one is going to bother with my little profile with less than 100 plats. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki
  • Like 1