PS+ April 2018

Gwendly

Mad Max is a great, game glitches notwithstanding. They've been patched out to my knowledge so any newcomer should be good. 

Definitely downloading on the off-chance I move again and can't take bulk of physical media with me. 

Edited by TheLakota
Grammatical issue

Welp, PS Plus has let me down again. I have no interest in Mad Max at all because I never got into the movie/TV show and there are two racing games(I don't like racing games), a non-platinum arcade remake and a beat-em-up. Guess I won't be renewing my PS Plus sub. :( Here's hoping May 2018 has a good game.

• Like 1

Just realised that PS+ titles should be known now.

Awesome news.

Mad Max: played it, liked it a lot, haven't gotten the 100% yet.

TrackMania Turbo: played a bit and liked it, decided to trade it on and wait for the PSVR update until I got it again, but since the update I never got around to ilgetting it again.

Also @Gwendly thanks for making an OP with actual PSNP links.

15 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I have no interest in Mad Max at all because I never got into the movie/TV show

I've never watched anything Mad Max, but still found the game to be a ton of fun. Anyone that enjoys the Just Cause series should definitely give it a whirl (same devs). But you may not like those, either. Lol. 

17 hours ago, PliskinCobra said:

Asia is getting Mad Max, Heavy Rain, and Blazblue Central Fiction this month. Not sure if they are going to give any games for PS3 and Vita though.

Asia also gets Toy Home and Sky Force Anniversary. And both versions of BlazBlue are actually going to be available for free, not just the PS4 version.

https://asia.playstation.com/en-hk/latest-news/2018/psplus-monthly-0328/

13 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

What a bunch of whiners.

Mad Max is perfect for PS Plus. A solid, 7/10 game that people will overlook and fail to buy.

Trackmania is the most fun arcade racer that I've ever played.

Sure, each to their own, but... but... jesus.

Completly agree, in my opinion this is one of the best months so far just like the current line-up (for PS4 atleast). 

Sadly i don’t get to benefit from it since i’ve already got all 4 (and gotten 100% on them).

But they’re with all means worth a shot, i think Trackmania Turbo is my favoritte of them.

• Like 1

I don't think I actually gave my thoughts.

• I've heard nothing but praise for Mad Max. While I don't usually play games in this genre, any good game is my type of game.
  • 99Vidas will be fun on PS4, I think. I'll probably give it a pass on PS3. 
  • I've wanted to jump into Qbert for a while. I was really good at that game as a kid. But I've heard nothing but hate for this version of it.
  • The other games hold little interest to me.

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Nothing for me this month, which is great as it means the backlog won't increase :P

Yeah, guess that's the silver lining here. I have quite a few LEGO games I have to burn through in April because of the Spring Fling event and I wanted to renew my Gamefly account to platinum a rental here and there, so getting dragged into a 100-hour epic is just going to hurt. I downloaded Knack from last month but probably will delete it because I have no time to spend grinding the story mode for relics.

On 3/28/2018 at 0:22 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Don't bother answering. His "point" was dumb to begin with.

If it was unintelligent, you'll be able to explain why, I trust.

Go on, let's hear it tough guy.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:47 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

What a bunch of whiners.

Mad Max is perfect for PS Plus. A solid, 7/10 game that people will overlook and fail to buy.

Trackmania is the most fun arcade racer that I've ever played.

Sure, each to their own, but... but... jesus.

You might be new. It's been a running gag for a few years now that people whine about the freebie offerings. Granted, the last several months have been so amazing that only the seriously mentally challenged have had a reason to complain, but still. I agree that they're ridiculous.

Like I said before though, I don't care about the free offerings this month, because the only thing I'll be playing this month is God of War games. And Hellblade as a breather. :)

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

You might be new. It's been a running gag for a few years now that people whine about the freebie offerings. Granted, the last several months have been so amazing that only the seriously mentally challenged have had a reason to complain, but still. I agree that they're ridiculous.

Like I said before though, I don't care about the free offerings this month, because the only thing I'll be playing this month is God of War games. And Hellblade as a breather. :)

Nah not that new. Just never ceases to amaze me. As someone who thinks that they're self-absorbed and entitled, I only have to take a quick glance at the community of gamers to remind myself that I'm not that bad.

Complaining about PS Plus is a favourite hobby of users of this site, second only to judging others on how they like to play games and earn their own trophies.

On 31/03/2018 at 6:55 PM, Valyrious said:

While I agree with your point that many people complain far too quickly, I don't agree with using the term mentally challenged (when it isn't either part of a serious conversation about it or obviously a joke). It's not dim people we're talking about here, just very entitled and egotistical ones.

On 31/03/2018 at 6:55 PM, Valyrious said:

Enjoy Hellblade, I thought it was an amazing game. I love this kind of "independent AAA" game, where the developer had enough funds to make a game that rivals the AAA publishing powerhouses. Hellblade, The Witcher III, Elite: Dangerous... Who said that "independent" meant 8-bit graphics?

On 01/04/2018 at 1:33 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Nah not that new. Just never ceases to amaze me. As someone who thinks that they're self-absorbed and entitled, I only have to take a quick glance at the community of gamers to remind myself that I'm not that bad.

Complaining about PS Plus is a favourite hobby of users of this site, second only to judging others on how they like to play games and earn their own trophies.

Yeah, only few people seem to realise that just because they don't like an offering, that doesn't mean nobody likes it. About a year ago when complaining was the strongest because there were no AAA games offered, I was constantly happy with getting indie games I didn't even know about. I look at the constant-AAA offering of Games With Gold and I see only games I've already played and games I never bought because I didn't like them.

Of all the years I've had PS+ (I started the month I got my PS4, summer of its first year, so close to four years ago) and only one month I know of had no games that I enjoyed - and one of them was actually on my wish list, but just disappointing in the end. And I'm relatively certain there's other people who enjoyed that month.

I think people should complain less and try more. But these days, everyone seems set in their ways and absolutely sure about everything. There's no room for other people's opinions any more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Riq IV said:

Yeah, only few people seem to realise that just because they don't like an offering, that doesn't mean nobody likes it.

Oh, I think everyone understands that. They just don't care. I know I certainly don't. 

What's far more strange is the fact that people seem not to realize that any post is simply a viewpoint expressed by the poster. After all, if they did, we wouldn't be inundated with stuff like, "That's just your opinion" follow-ups, which do nothing but state the obvious.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, Valyrious said:

If it was unintelligent, you'll be able to explain why, I trust.

Go on, let's hear it tough guy.

LOL. It hardly needs explanation, but here goes:

The basis of your argument was that GoW was available for $20. You even doubled down on this and said he "must not want it enough". What a dumb argument. You could literally use any price, and any game, and make the same argument. 

Try not to furrow your brow in a vain attempt to understand the situation...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. It hardly needs explanation, but here goes:

The basis of your argument was that GoW was available for $20. You even doubled down on this and said he "must not want it enough". What a dumb argument. You could literally use any price, and any game, and make the same argument. 

Try not to furrow your brow in a vain attempt to understand the situation...

I'm not sure if this is some sort of elaborate late April Fool's joke, or if you're actually serious.

$20 is considered a budget title. I'll triple down with my statement and say that if you are relying on the free game service for a $20 game, you can't want it enough. Go on a rampant tirade about how it's dumb. Please do compare a $20 game to a $60 game. Let's hear that argument. OHMAGERD HE CAN'T AFFORD A $60 GAME, MUST NOT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.

StarCrunch061. Clearly critical thinking isn't your strong suit. Stick to working on your trophies. At least that's something you're good at.

56 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I'm not sure if this is some sort of elaborate late April Fool's joke, or if you're actually serious.

$20 is considered a budget title. I'll triple down with my statement and say that if you are relying on the free game service for a $20 game, you can't want it enough. Go on a rampant tirade about how it's dumb. Please do compare a $20 game to a $60 game. Let's hear that argument. OHMAGERD HE CAN'T AFFORD A $60 GAME, MUST NOT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.

Not to your audience, it wasn't. He says as much in his response to you.

58 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

StarCrunch061. Clearly critical thinking isn't your strong suit. 

Clearly. That "fact" doesn't make your argument any stronger, however.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh, I think everyone understands that. They just don't care. I know I certainly don't. 

What's far more strange is the fact that people seem not to realize that any post is simply a viewpoint expressed by the poster. After all, if they did, we wouldn't be inundated with stuff like, "That's just your opinion" follow-ups, which do nothing but state the obvious.

That's because people are talking in extremes and not posting their opinions as opinions any more. PS+ is shit, and anyone who likes it must be wrong. The Last Jedi is shit, and anyone who likes it must be wrong. Nintendo is shit, and anyone who likes it must be wrong. Naughty Dog games are amazing, and anyone who thinks it's shit must be wrong. Games with microtransactions are shit, and anyone who likes a game in spite of microtransactions must be wrong.

People feel the need to post about something being an opinion because so many people these days, also on this site, can't fathom how different people might have different opinions. People kept complaining about PS+ being shit because it didn't have enough AAA games, while ignoring the many people who enjoy getting indie games they don't know about yet and who've already bought any AAA game they're even remotely interested in.

Edit: It helps my point that right after your last post, someone posts an "opinion" where they state they can't believe anyone would think this is a good PS+ month. Yeah, that's not hyperbolic at all.

Edited by Riq IV